Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
nikiera

exactly- and that's why what gaia is doing now is a dirty ploy to get people to look at their ads. Their marketers know that people are ignoring their ads.

+.♦.+ Take a look through my Eyes +.♦.+

What I don't understand is that they made a thread about letting people have opinions about this PM spam and about 98% of the comments are telling the admins that we don't want ANY of this. But sure enough, gaia are still ignoring this feedback.

-✨~✨-oo gaia_diamond -✨~✨-

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
Eww, I'm glad I've never changed my PM settings. It's been set to 'friends only' for so long since I used to get PMs that was begging, phishing, and for other reasons. sweatdrop
Was tempted for a bit to change it back but now... I think I'll keep it set as is.

I can see why there's quite a few people upset about this. We don't need another place spammed with ads. We already have ads for the CS on almost every page, we get them through our emails, then there's the Announcements. There used to be/still is pop-up ads for CS items( not sure if this still happens) and then there was the kind that took you to a different page dedicated to an advertisement for the cash shop( only got this once but was still annoyed by it).
I'm just glad they stopped doing that in the dev notices... Still I think this has gotten a bit excessive since they're almost every where for us from emails to getting 10+ announcements a day and the advertisement header bars.

Did we really need another place for them to tell us what was on sale? I mean seriously it's not like we didn't know about what's on sale or what's being sold...We're told these things through the announcements and our emails or we catch it being advertised through the header ad thing. emotion_facepalm

They must really think we have short term memory or they're just extremely desperate.

Invisible Codger

15,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Diamond Dustie
nikiera

exactly- and that's why what gaia is doing now is a dirty ploy to get people to look at their ads. Their marketers know that people are ignoring their ads.

+.♦.+ Take a look through my Eyes +.♦.+

What I don't understand is that they made a thread about letting people have opinions about this PM spam and about 98% of the comments are telling the admins that we don't want ANY of this. But sure enough, gaia are still ignoring this feedback.

-✨~✨-oo gaia_diamond -✨~✨-

Yeah, I'm at 8 pms now. One from this account and the other from my mule rp account. Which are hardly use.
So it's like, wtf.
I think so as long as you're active you get pms.

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
TBH, I'm more ticked off about all the repeat threads on the first page of the GCD bitching about the PMs then I am about the actual PMs. emotion_donotwant

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
They don't bother me at all. It's like getting a flyer in my real life mailbox. My favorite word is "Sale". lol

Intergalactic Recruit

This is really weird, I've not gotten a single PM about Gaia Cash offers. Only announcement updates as usual.

Lupine Labtech

I'm not mad at all. I understand that mistakes are made. There is no ever lasting perfection.

All the whine on these PMs could have instead been put into something constructive.

What we need are less whine threads, more understanding. Then again, with how the Gaia community has shifted over the last several years, that seems a distant dream.

Blessed Gaian

I've gotten an inbox message everyday since this started. I merely check my gaiaonline account through my mobile app so I can't just delete the message, app doesn't let me. And i get excited thinking an old friend responded to me when it's just this demanding my money spam. It's getting old fast. I thought it was bad enough that all the announcements were about gaia cash sales, booty, evolving items, new cash shop items and so forth. Makes you think gaia is only meant for the rich. Why don't they just charge us for using the site all together? I am sure that is next. Gaia has gone from fun forum gold site to annoying cash hungry site.

Blessed Gaian

Vaxir
I'm not mad at all. I understand that mistakes are made. There is no ever lasting perfection.

All the whine on these PMs could have instead been put into something constructive.

What we need are less whine threads, more understanding. Then again, with how the Gaia community has shifted over the last several years, that seems a distant dream.

We whine because we want the old gaia back. They don't tell us why they want our money and why nothing can be bought with mere gold anymore. We have the right to whine. We want the old gaia back sadly it's just going down a sad path.

Lonely Athlete

21,350 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm actually not mad. I never receive these things. sweatdrop

Diamond Senshi

26,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Still getting them - still could not care less. *shrugs* Doesn't bother me - that delete button is right there one-clicky away! rofl

Akibirb's Significant Otter

Naughty Lovergirl

26,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Vaxir

Im not sure Gaia views their actions as mistakes.

And, agreed. Although nothing else truly bothered me until now. Gold generators and crappy item updates and flash sales and the never ending string of announcements, not to mention poor management decisions and lack of wanting to get to know their user base like they did before ___ became CEO- it bugged me, sure. But the moment they tried to get into my personal space by PM'ing me, that's where I cross the line. As I've mentioned before, gaia is used as an escape, so seeing their constant flash sales in my personal messaging area really ticks me off.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Vaxir

Something more constructive like what? Posting suggestions that are entirely ignored? Do you know how long people suggested things like a Sales calender or like a banner instead of the Announcement spam?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff