Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
Recently many (all?) Gaians received a Pm offering 30% off Gaia cash. Some have received it twice.

Do you think this was a fluke? Or intentional? Personally I think it's a mix of both, but it's hard to tell anymore. Many gaians no longer read the Announcements to avoid the cash pushes. This could be their way around this. Even with PMs off, admins can contact users through PMs, right? So, there's no way to block it unless you stop reading PMs.

Then there's also the issue of the banner. It features a little party hat in the center, which is missing from all the other banners. Do you think that means this was a joke? The link leads to the cash buying page, though.

What do you all think?

Loyal Friend

Report it as spam.

After all, that's what it is.

Hot Ringmaster

Magician Arcana
Recently many (all?) Gaians received a Pm offering 30% off Gaia cash. Some have received it twice.

Do you think this was a fluke? Or intentional? Personally I think it's a mix of both, but it's hard to tell anymore. Many gaians no longer read the Announcements to avoid the cash pushes. This could be their way around this. Even with PMs off, admins can contact users through PMs, right? So, there's no way to block it unless you stop reading PMs.

Then there's also the issue of the banner. It features a little party hat in the center, which is missing from all the other banners. Do you think that means this was a joke? The link leads to the cash buying page, though.

What do you all think?

I may be a irl $ contributor to this website, but I do strongly agree with you.

There's people who don't want to-be harassed [yes im using that word] about cash offers

in their pm box. announcements should be enough, and if someone turns off announcements,

perhaps it's common knowledge to think that said person doesn't want to spend irl $.

Shirtless Fatcat

I already get spammed more then 10 announcements a DAY. PM's are too much....

Anxious Strawberry

just another way to force gcash advertisement into every feature of the site

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Aryian the Grey Master
Report it as spam.

what do you expect the mods to do about it? ban the admin?

Blessed Gaian

I check my mobile gaia daily and there is always 10 announcements, everyday. So I just go through them to see if there is an actual gaia update, new gold shop items, or an upcoming event. I do not care for all the cash shop items or anything involving me spending my ir money. I am personally kind of upset they sent me a PM about buying cash. I do not care, it's spam in my eyes. I thought I was hearing from a friend, but it was just another dumb thing about gaia wanting my well earned money.

Loyal Friend

diet otaku
Aryian the Grey Master
Report it as spam.

what do you expect the mods to do about it? ban the admin?

No, but it sends the right message. I'll tell you what I told the Mod who responded to my report:

Mod
Hello,

This PM is an official PM from the Staff; Staff and Moderator accounts can be recognized by the color of their username and the title under the name describing their role on the site. You will receive PMs from Gaia-controlled accounts from time to time. As this is the case, this report is not necessary. If you do not wish to take advantage of these offers then please feel free to delete the PM from your inbox.

Moderators wish to ensure the safety and security of our members and our goal is to create a safe and fun place to hang out. We will handle legitimate violations. However, as this is not, I wanted to extend a notice that reporting this was not necessary.

If you wish to express your displeasure in receiving this official message from Gaia Online, please do so by creating a thread here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/f.137/

I hope this was informative ^^

[edited]
Omni Moderator

Me
However, it still falls under the category of spam, Gaia staff or not. Not to mention, when was the last time a thread in site feedback was actually seriously considered by the admins or devs?

That's what I thought.

I'm not here to make your day hard, I can understand and appreciate your job, and I wish you no headaches at the end of the day. But when the end of the day rolls around, there's very few people who can speak for the masses. And unfortunately...this is the only way I see to send a message. If this results in my leaving of the site, so be it, I will take my patronage elsewhere as well.

Fashionable Friend

[******** Gaia, seriously?!

I'll admit I buy GC quite often, but this is really frustrating. My PM's are for my art, roleplays and chats. I keep it very organized and precise, I am a busy person in my PM's. Now you are going to ******** PM me about your sales?!

Little Enigma's Partner

Greedy Genius

I thought I was flashed enough already with announcements...

Perfect Saint

Aryian the Grey Master
Report it as spam.

You'd think that but...

I'm actually more peeved about the sliding discount business. Apparently, the size of the discount depends on how much GC you have currently. If I wanted to top off my GC, I'd get less discount than if my GC was really low. I did like seeing a bigger number, but if Gaia doesn't want that then...s**t.

Witty Girl

User Image

I haven't gotten any spam mail thank goodness!

User Image

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
My initial reaction:

"A NEW PRIVATE MESSAGE, SOMEONE WANTS TO TALK TO M-"

Then suddenly, sad face emote.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I agree that it really is harassment... Do they think that it's even possible for us to miss the constant announcements and banner ads about GC sales? Has it ever come to their minds that not everyone can spend money on GC even if they wanted to? *sighs* This is really frustrating... Whenever I see a PM I get excited that it might be something good...

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Myrielle
Aryian the Grey Master
Report it as spam.

You'd think that but...

I'm actually more peeved about the sliding discount business. Apparently, the size of the discount depends on how much GC you have currently. If I wanted to top off my GC, I'd get less discount than if my GC was really low. I did like seeing a bigger number, but if Gaia doesn't want that then...s**t.

i'm down to my last dollar so i got 30%, but i just spent $5 earlier today, which makes me wonder what i'd have been offered if i hadn't bought that ruby vault yet. this is seriously like the cashier at target peering in your wallet going "you have a couple of 50s and some singles, so you get 10% off this sweater... whoa, this guy only has a fiver, 30% off for you good sir!" can you picture that happening and any customer NOT immediately walking out in disgust?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff