Welcome to Gaia! ::

Springtime Explorer

11,275 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
I haven't played Standard in a couple months because I have a puppy now, but my current deck for that format is UW Heroic. Last rotation I played WBG (Junk/Abzan) Constellation and made top 4 once at our local FNM.

I have a Modern deck and a Legacy deck that I'm working on getting the cards for. Modern is BUG Infect (although I'm thinking of dropping the black), and Legacy is Dark Maverick.

I'd also like to try out Scapeshift, GW Hatebears, and GW Hexproof (or Auras, or Bogles, whatever you choose to call it) in Modern. For Legacy, I'd like to try UG Infect, Death and Taxes, and Leylines (just for funsies - it's not exactly a top-tier deck).

My husband also plays Magic (I got him in to it about 3 years ago). He doesn't care for Standard anymore, plays UR Storm and UR Delver in Modern, and UWR Delver and UR Delver in Legacy.
He would like to try UWR Control in Modern, and Elves in Legacy.

Timid Conversationalist

I play Abzan. I hope to be able to make an Abzan edh deck eventually, too... but the list of commanders is meh and this will take a lot of time and money. A dream that I will make happen, though.

Tipsy Loiterer

UW Heroic in Standard, Gifts Tron in Modern, TES in Legacy

Questionable Prophet

13,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
For me its a toss up between Mono Green and Green/Black(Golgari).

For mono green. I usually just do the basic mane ramp into really big creatures and beat face with everything I got..

As for Green/black I like the whole graveyard play. Something about the whole 'cycle of life & death' with mechanics like dredge and self-mil that intrigues me.

Dedicated Tactician

List time

G/u Beast deck - Gimmick type - While aggro is a perfectly acceptable manner to win, it can also manage through drawing out with Lab Maniac.
G Elf- Tribal type - Can combo for turn three Emrakul
W/U/G - Early Control, mid-late aggro.
U/R Artifact - Gimmick/Combo
U/B Mill - Started out as a Dimir deck back in Ravnica/Dissension, turned into a pure mill deck.
R/W Boros - Aggro
W Soldier Tribal
R/U - Izzet Kiln Fiend
B/U - Maralen Orb, modified a bit from typical net-deck.
W/G - Enchantress. All Hail Ethereal Armor
R/B - Discard
G/R - Ally Tribal Aggro
W/U - Ally Control Mill
W/R - Gimmick life-gain. Fling ftw.

Pretty much every deck I listed can work with some kind of Gimmick other than the Soldier and Boros decks. So I guess I'm a Gimmick deck. razz
Too many decks... This is only half of them. > <

Magical Miko

9,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hero 100
I've just started getting into Magic. I have a White/Black deck in the current standard. C:

Bucktoothed Fatcat

I fell in love with MTG Commander style.

Favorite deck so far is my 2013 Deck - Eternal Bargain (White/Blue/Black) Life Gain up the kazoo. heart

I tend to play really passive until the later game when people finally see me as a threat and by then it's too late. ;3

My other favorites, are black zombie decks or black/green golgari decks.

But since I moved I haven't played. gonk

Distinct Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
Let's see...

I HAVE aspirations to try and make it big in Magic, unfortunately I'm far too gimmicky a person to go fully competitive, sadly, lol, I keep going for story decks or other themes for flavor

My current project is trying to make a Naya deck in Khans Standard =O Working with my cousin on this to see if it's possible or not

Prior to that, my allegiance was House Abzhan, playing Abzhan super-friends (I do love me some Planeswalker action) I liked the Abzhan idea of outlasting and family first, but something about their black side always rubbed me wrong, particular how they treat the canine members of their clan as a second-tier race, no other clan really fit me, hence my newest project =o

Other standard decks I have:
-Grand Theft Ashiok: I loved Ashiok's Planeswalker card, as well as the short stories created for the character, it almost feels criminal the IDW comics stopped on a cliffhanger for Ashiok's story, all about Inspired by dream mechanics like Macar, Daring Thief and generally stealing the opponents own power and using it against them, kept under lock and key for being generally 'no fun' to play against

-Strength From the Fallen: Constellation black/green, filled with all the best self-millers from Wayfinders and so forth, dump plenty creatures into the grave and run with continually trigger enchantment-fall, preferably with a creature such as Nighthowler who already gets the grave boost, fun deck to play and surprise folks with

-Blue/White Heroic: Does what it says on the tin, straightforward and nice =o

Modern, I just have one deck, but I like to have fun with it, my Werewolf deck, lots of low drop Werewolves that can one drop and punish folk if they don't act quick, these wolves run in packs and they add up really quickly, been thinking of looking for a Master of the Wild Hunt just to have fun with all the wolf tokens I build up =o

Now... Commander?

THIS is my jam~

I started out with a Captain Sisay deck just because I loved the storyline and wanted ways to get all my fave Legendary cards out to play with, mainly ran around the Weatherlight characters with a token subtheme, but sadly as Sisay is an oft-abused commander she would get hate-killed fairly quickly in multiplayer matches, and games could get a little too same-y, thus, it was dismantled

Commander quickly became a favorite format, so I have multiple decks for it

Kemba, Kha Regent
I love Mirrodin, hate what has became of it, but love the setting's whole idea, and the Leonin were always my favorite tribe, even without Raksha, Kemba filled an honorable spot as the former skyguard who gained prestige for evacuating civilians during the last stand of the Levellers, and rose to the position of 'Regent', considering herself not the true Kha, but only the one who would stand until Raksha returned and abdicate upon this arrival

Her struggle for unity after rebuilding the ancient den Taj-Nar in the face of the Phyrexians was a noble one, but she had very little focus during the events of New Phyrexia, and even the creative team states she is in a limbo where they haven't decided her fate

I hope she survives and we get something more of her, but, considering how bad New Phyrexia turned out and the implication that the resistance may be no more as of the events Elspeth related in the Theros novels, it does look quite grim, so this deck is Kemba where she belongs, out on the battlefield with whatever arsenal she can grab, supported by a vanguard of loyal followers invigorated by the memories of other great leonin figures and spirits lifted by the flights of angels supporting her cause, with the looming threat that waits inside the deck, as Elesh Norn looms...

Mirri, Cat Warrior
One of the crew of the Weatherlight, one of my favorite for her tragic backstory, her unrequited love with Gerrard, and her sacrifice to ensure Gerrard instead would live, really pulled my heartstrings

I just wish we got the rest of the implied story that we're bottlefed of her past with Gerrard and Rofellos, just to know more of her

The deck is green what it does best, group hugging and sharing its benefits, all the while nurturing the life within the forests, even to the point where the forest sprouts upon my opponents board, finding ways to make my opponents lands become forests, or giving forests TO them, as Mirri leads the charge through the growth by the assembled might and grace of the wilderness to victory

Needs a good bit of work this one actually, but I have bought a metric ton of new cards and traded to try and get the support she needs to work, we'll see how that goes, but I like the group hug aspect and wanna work on that some more =o

Mirri the Cursed: "Go for the Throat."
Mirri's story... really... really never ends well. In one reality she dies as Tahngrath allows Crovax to live, preventing Crovax from committing suicide after Crovax realises the curse he's fallen under after killing his beloved Selenia... subsequently unable to tell the others what is happening, events unfold as Crovax turns, attacks Mirri in the sickbay and then goes to sabotage the Weatherlight's masts, in the ensuing struggle, Mirri allows herself to be killed, seeing that Gerrard will only die if he comes to her aid

It was a sad end, but still somewhat noble

In the Planar Chaos events, we saw what happened when instead of pushing aside Crovax and taking the blow of Selenia's sword, Mirri instead attacks Selenia and kills the fallen angel, taking the curse upon herself and is abandoned, becoming the Evincar that Crovax would eventually ascend to, and begins a great feud against Crovax who seeks to slay the vampire and release his friends soul forever more

Still, it's undeniable she's a powerful commander, a mono-black is as it sounds, and this offers all the power that demons can offer promise to the evincar, as vampires gather and pool their power, with even unsuspecting rats called with familial powers to serve and infiltrate, a nasty piece of work

Hanna, Ship's Navigator: "Oh, Hanna means family."
GROUP HUG.

GROUP HUG EVERYWHERE AND EVERYONE.

Hanna was always more of a scholar and journeyman than a fighter, travelling to discover new wonders, restoring and giving new life to artifice and magic found, the deck really focuses on sharing these discoveries and abilities to the group, with win conditions really revolving around life gain and large artifice creatures, with Auto-Win on life as a surprise move instead

Definitely one of my fave decks to use, I also love Terese Nielsen's alternate art for the judge promo, so, happy to bring new life to Hanna's story and have everyone have some hijinks when I crack this out for the group =B

I DO also wanna make more Commander decks, looking at adapting Daretti's 2014 deck as well as Zedruu and Dorian Siege Tower, all who sound awesome in flavor as well as ability

But plenty of fun to be had =D

Vampiric Punk

15,200 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Team Moira 200
I run a black/green snake/gorgon deck it runs a lot of weak deathtouch snakes (Pharika's Chosen, Ambush Viper, and Wasteland Viper) big buffs and debuffs (Tragic Slip, Titanic Growth, Tower Defense, Consume Strength) and utility (Pharika's Mender, Treasured Find, Dictate of Erebos, Snake of the Golden Grove) the main card I try to build in it is Nemesis of Mortals which is pretty easy with my weak creatures dying easily but I don't rely on damaging spells for creature removal.

Demonic Cat

34,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
My current standard deck is r/g overrun. Xenegos and Purophoros with hornet queen is a killer combo there. Also, casting a Genesis Hydra for 24 mana isn't too shabby either. Lots of mana ramp, green devotion and kill cards like crater claw or Burning Anger on my 10/10 defender Colossus is an easy win (hoping to do so tomorrow at FNM, that Stoke The Flames cool )

In EDH, I have a few decks (most untested, due to lack of time or people), but the one I've been running is Sekki, Season's Guide/Doubling Season token deck. It's fairly consistent, but lacks flyer hate for the most part...

I've also been putting together a 5-color hybrid swamp-only rat deck using my Reaper King as the commander. Relentless Rats everywhere!

But the favorite EDH decks of mine currently are my Scarecrow-Dragon deck (also using Reaper as my commander) although it's not that good, it's a fun deck thought. Win-con is the Hellkite that lets you win on your upkeep if you have 20+ artifacts. It's mostly r/w/u aside from ~5 cards and the general.

Had a Sliver EDH with 1 sorcery/instant spell to win via maze's end. Actually pulled it off once: best feeling ever! Playing a Primal Surge and playing your whole deck then saying "your turn"

Loaded Zealot

12,325 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Conventioneer 300
â–ŒA SHIP IS SAFE IN HARBOR,
â–ŒBUT THAT'S NOT WHAT SHIPS ARE FOR.

I play EDH Mono green Elf tribal :3

Welcome to BetterGaia.
Need help? See our thread and visit BetterGaia.com.

Indulgent Faun

7,150 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
The deck that I have, that still needs work on, is my artifact deck. It's filled with artifacts, and few cards that aren't artifacts but deals with them. Still need to get two Planeswalkers for that deck. Darksteel Forge is one of my favorites in that deck. When I manage to get it going, I got artifacts all over the bloody place. Before I added other cards into it, I basically made that deck under $10. The two Darksteel Forge that I have, a friend brought them and just gave them to me. You can say that it's a pentacolor/colorless deck. For the casual format of course. It's all I play with some friends of mine that plays Magic.

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
I have a few different decks that are different in strategy.

I have a G/W EDH deck that is based on ramp, good creatures, and threat removal. It has a lot of boardwipes in it and ways to get indestructible and persist out. It's the deck I enjoy using the most and it was my first EDH deck.

I also have a G/W/B EDH deck based around necromancy. It's a lot of fun to play, but after a turn 2 Vorinclex, turn 3 It That Betrays I don't get to use it as often.

I also have a Monowhite EDH deck that's a lot less competitive. It has Odric as a commander and apart from him it's tribal knights and stupid enchantments. (It has a lot of banding and flanking which can make it stupid.)

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
As I'm more of an Aggro/midrange/beatdown kind of player, I run a few decks with one of these three themes.

My first and most funb deck is my Green/Blue midrange beatdown utilizing Hydras and spells that make them hexproof and un-blockable.

My second is a Red/Green dragon beatdown deck staring Atarka as its boss.

My third is my Mardu aggro deck that utilizes Dash and masive damge techniques.

My fourth is my Angel commander deck. It's just furn.

My fifth is my mono red deck. Quick and fun.

My sixth is my Green/blue Soulbond deck. Mainly involving cards from the Inistradd block.
Tokens and control decks are what I play the most. Right mow im running BU delver for modern and pauper, and I also play junk tokens, and a pretty cool graveyard recursion themed land deck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff