Welcome to Gaia! ::

Katsumi-VQS
may as well make the most of the time, right?

It really will be nice to have some time away from the ranch. Pops is talkin' about headin' some place warm!

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
UncleBob-VQS
Xashowd
So according to the recent Announcement, zOMG will be taken offline for a few weeks maintenance while improvements and adjustments are made. There's no word on any new features, but it appears Gaia has not completely forgotten about zOMG like many have feared. Also, Towns 2 will be getting an update based around zOMG themed areas. Sounds like an interesting update.

Spoons (Since Gaia has a rule about discussion):

What are your thoughts on the Maintenance?
Are you hoping for any new features?
Do you think they'll increase the Gold payout?
What areas do you hope to see recreated in Towns 2?
Are you a long time zOMG player?
And for the heck of it, do you think Gaia will update other older games once they're done with zOMG, like Fishing?

Maintenance is a good thing. It gives me time...time to plan...

Interesting. If I may inquire, will any of the zOMG residents be taking sides in the Gaia Vs Nyx conflict?

Original Survivor

Katsumi-VQS
Lei_Trigar
Katsumi-VQS
I, for one, am excited. It means that I can relax a little bit and register for some summer classes during the time off.

What kind of classes you do you think you'll take? Will your dad be ok with it?

I hope he will be okay with it! Maybe a language? An Instrument?

I don't want to be gone too long, but may as well make the most of the time, right?

I like the violin. And organs. If you need ideas for instruments. Language? No idea. sweatdrop

I don't want all of you to be gone for long either, I have very happy memories in Zen Gardens. heart

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
Sweet Sentiment
I hope good things come from this; like updates (such as the long alluded to akea area) but am worried this is merely an experiment on phasing it out. "let's shut down zOMG for a few weeks and see if we lose anybody. If not, let's cut it!" gonk Yeah... sweatdrop

I have to agree with this. I wanna be optimistic about the upgrading, but I have this nagging fear in the back of my mind that Gaia will take the thing down, and then just "forget" to put it back up while hoping 'out of sight, out of mind' makes everyone else forget about it, too.

I mean, one less money drain to worry about and the only people who would really notice the absence are the hardcore zOMG fans, and they're easy enough to ignore and pretend don't exist.
Rubella-VQS
Katsumi-VQS
may as well make the most of the time, right?

It really will be nice to have some time away from the ranch. Pops is talkin' about headin' some place warm!

Have fun with your dad. I'm sure you two will have a great time wherever you are going.
Lei_Trigar
Katsumi-VQS
Lei_Trigar
Katsumi-VQS
I, for one, am excited. It means that I can relax a little bit and register for some summer classes during the time off.

I don't want to be gone too long, but may as well make the most of the time, right?

I like the violin. And organs. If you need ideas for instruments. Language? No idea. sweatdrop

I don't want all of you to be gone for long either, I have very happy memories in Zen Gardens. heart

We'll be back refreshed and ready. Don't you worry.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Sweet Sentiment
I hope good things come from this; like updates (such as the long alluded to akea area) but am worried this is merely an experiment on phasing it out. "let's shut down zOMG for a few weeks and see if we lose anybody. If not, let's cut it!" gonk Yeah... sweatdrop

I have to agree with this. I wanna be optimistic about the upgrading, but I have this nagging fear in the back of my mind that Gaia will take the thing down, and then just "forget" to put it back up while hoping 'out of sight, out of mind' makes everyone else forget about it, too.

I mean, one less money drain to worry about and the only people who would really notice the absence are the hardcore zOMG fans, and they're easy enough to ignore and pretend don't exist.
Or maybe they are using this as an opportunity to drum up interest in the not-hardcore base by adding it to towns and having the NPCs chatting in forums. With zOMG gone temporarily the hardcore players could socialize with the regular userbase in forums and express how awesome zOMG is to them. Maybe this is how Gaia plans to revive it. xd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Katsumi-VQS
Lei_Trigar
Katsumi-VQS
Lei_Trigar
Katsumi-VQS

Sounds good. I did have a lot of fun in Zen Gardens back in the day. Would be nice to visit it again. Only reason I haven't played in some time is because I hit something of a progression wall (I could never seem to beat Duneslam...). The Zen Gardens was my favorite area, though.

Original Survivor

Katsumi-VQS
Lei_Trigar
Katsumi-VQS
Lei_Trigar
Katsumi-VQS

Can't wait! heart

Lavish Ladykiller

Katsumi-VQS
What classes are those and who will watch over the place?

Fashionable Gaian

About friggin time. All yesterday it was laggy as hell D: I am super excited about the new maps in towns tho biggrin Maybe the payouts will be increase to match the current economy >.>
This is very exciting, I remember hearing about them putting a few places that didn't get added to zOMG into Towns 2. Makes me wonder what kinds of places old or new. 3nodding

Edit: Found the post! It was made some time ago but I'm glad they really thought about it.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/towns-2-0/t.78071015_2558/#2558

Stubborn Gifter

To be honest, I'm pretty indifferent about it. sweatdrop

While it's nice to hear we will see zOMG in Town 2, it kinda sucks that the game will be down for maintenance. Sure, people be upset about not getting more gold, but I think it will cripple those who are into Alchemy or crafting. sweatdrop
Gumby Ningata
Katsumi-VQS
What classes are those and who will watch over the place?

I am unsure. Ninjutsu, horticulture, yokai training, and violin have been suggested. Maybe one of those?

I hear everything is in good hands for now and Leon will be standing guard.

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Katsumi-VQS
Bring it on. biggrin

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff