Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
A grumpy flight attendant demonstrated her lack of parenting skills when she forced a child to urinate in her seat.

Jennifer Deveraux was travelling with her two daughters when the exceptional customer service occurred on a JetBlue flight. Flight 518 was delayed on the tarmac at John F. Kennedy International Airport in N.Y. on Monday, waiting to fly to Boston, CBS Boston reports.

One of Deveraux’s daughters, Summers, needed to use the bathroom, and began to cry. When her mother tried to help her to the bathroom, a flight attendant refused to let them stand up, forcing the child to urinate on herself and the seat.

“She snapped at me, ‘No sit down,’” Deveraux said.

Deveraux attempted to stand up again to clean up the mess, and the flight attendant yelled at her a second time. “And I said, ‘please give me a break. My daughter had an accident because you wouldn’t let me take her to the bathroom. After I clean it up I will sit down.’ She turned around and reported it to the pilot,” Deveraux said.

The pilot then turned the plane around and took it back to the gate, announcing over the intercom that there was a non-compliant passenger on board, and they would be brought to security.

Thankfully, an off-duty pilot sitting two seats in front of Deveraux realized how ridiculous the situation was and convinced the crew to let her stay.

Deveraux wrote to JetBlue to inform them of the phenomenal service. “I want an apology and I don’t want them to do this to any other family. I want this behavior to be stopped,” she said.

“It wasn’t about bad customer service at that point, it was about bad human decency. My daughter was sitting in a pool of urine and I couldn’t do anything about it,” Deveraux said. “And as a mom it just broke my heart.”

JetBlue released a statement saying they will reach out directly to Deveraux. The airline also replied to a tweet asking about the incident.

Bad case of Flight attendant Jet lag

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Apology my a**. Either issue the two ******** pink slips or I'd gouge the ******** out of your wallet in court. :/
JamesWN
Apology my a**. Either issue the two ******** pink slips or I'd gouge the ******** out of your wallet in court. :/

I'd imagine that the flight attendant that talked to the pilot didn't tell whole truth and put a spin on the story to forever them. So, one. Just one ******** up.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kothlim
JamesWN

I'd imagine that the flight attendant that talked to the pilot didn't tell whole truth and put a spin on the story to forever them. So, one. Just one ******** up.

I just want the attendant's name so we can destroy her public service career. She wants to act like s**t? Let's make sure she can only get a job shoveling it for minimum wage out of exploded toilets.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Alexander J Luthor
Kothlim
JamesWN

I just want the attendant's name so we can destroy her public service career. She wants to act like s**t? Let's make sure she can only get a job shoveling it for minimum wage out of exploded toilets.

That would be perfect for people like her.
Exuse my cursing....
But, that is 100% ******** up. If a kid has too go, he has to GO! Even at any age, a person should be aloud to get up and take a leak! xD like,frrrr.
but, if he was flying alone, don't you think they should keep an eye ? I would think >.<
So does everyone here expect the flight attendant to allow the kid to go to the bathroom while the aircraft is taxiing and lose her job? This is a law set forth by the FAA. Meaning that if she allowed that kid to go into the bathroom, she would have been fired.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
This flight attendent did not address the situation properly. The correct thing to do would be to tell the pilot that not all the passengers were settled in and take off would be a couple more minutes-if the kid had not gone to the bathroom yet and was begging to two minutes delay is not so bad. After take off the solution would be to tell the mother to wait til the plane is stable and then they can clean up the mess. Also people who travel with little kids should know to be check that the kids have emptied out before they get into a plane-my parents always made sure me and my siblings emptied out when we took flights or long car rides.
AliKat1988
This flight attendent did not address the situation properly. The correct thing to do would be to tell the pilot that not all the passengers were settled in and take off would be a couple more minutes-if the kid had not gone to the bathroom yet and was begging to two minutes delay is not so bad. After take off the solution would be to tell the mother to wait til the plane is stable and then they can clean up the mess. Also people who travel with little kids should know to be check that the kids have emptied out before they get into a plane-my parents always made sure me and my siblings emptied out when we took flights or long car rides.

She would have lost her job if she did anything else. It is federal law that people remain seated during taxi because if that kid was in the lavatory and the plane collided with something going 20 mph, that kid would die.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
God Emperor Baldur
AliKat1988

She would have lost her job if she did anything else. It is federal law that people remain seated during taxi because if that kid was in the lavatory and the plane collided with something going 20 mph, that kid would die.
if she got the pilot to stop the plane completely it would not go against regulations and also telling the mother to wait til the plane was already flying evenly in the air would come off as more reasonable and not violate regulations.
AliKat1988
God Emperor Baldur
AliKat1988

if she got the pilot to stop the plane completely it would not go against regulations and also telling the mother to wait til the plane was already flying evenly in the air would come off as more reasonable and not violate regulations.

Actually yeah it would be because the plane goes under what we call instrument flight rules or IFR for short. What that means is that they have a flight plan to file and any delays could cancel the IFR. So if the plane did stop, then the pilots would have lost their jobs. There really was no other way.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
God Emperor Baldur
AliKat1988
God Emperor Baldur
AliKat1988

Actually yeah it would be because the plane goes under what we call instrument flight rules or IFR for short. What that means is that they have a flight plan to file and any delays could cancel the IFR. So if the plane did stop, then the pilots would have lost their jobs. There really was no other way.
Okay so the only solution really would be to tell the woman to wait until the plane has already gotten level in the air and that it should not take very long at all. I am not sure describing it to the pilots as unruliness was quite right though-would be better to frame it in a manner that implies difficulty getting passengers to remain seated than as a reason for security to remove the woman-just lecture her about the risk and repeat that it is not safe to get out of their seats while the plane is in motion.

Liberal Fatcat

I love how some of the comments made in the article are clearly made by people who have never had to take care of small children.

Little kids have to pee all the time. And 90% of the time, those kids dont realize that they have to go until they REALLY HAVE TO GO. Some people have got to stop treating young kid's bladders as just as strong as an average healthy adult's bladder. Im going to assume that the mother was like any reasonable parent and had her children go prior to boarding. But of course, small bladders strike again. Honestly, I dont know how I feel about this. Yeah there are certain rules in place, but cmon. A little decency could've gone a long way. Since she refused to let the child go, she could've at least helped her mother clean her daughter's mess.

Me thinks the pilot should start announcing, "In about 10 minutes we will begin to taxi in which under no circumstance will anyone be allowed to leave their seats until we are airborne, which will be in about 20 minutes, barring any delay. I strongly recommend anyone, especially parents with young children, to use the time now to use the lavatory facilities, because once we are in taxi, we cannot allow anyone to move from their seats."

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
small children who can't control their bladders yet should wear diapers to avoid situations like this. if that mother never thought that a plane might be delayed taking off, she's too ignorant for me to care about.

Demonic Kitten

Ratttking
small children who can't control their bladders yet should wear diapers to avoid situations like this. if that mother never thought that a plane might be delayed taking off, she's too ignorant for me to care about.

you obviously dont have kids. my daughter has been potty trained for years, but like alot of other kids some times she doesnt realise it untill it is an emergency.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff