Welcome to Gaia! ::

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
They've got a LOT to cover in the next episode.

For those who KNOW what's going/should happen:

Stannis has to save the day. Tywin has to die. Tyrion has to escape. Lady Stoneheart needs to make an appearance.

Thoughts?

Shy Witch

31,850 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
The Lady Stoneheart part had better happen.
I don't care about all the other stuff.

Okay that's not entirely true
I do want to see Tyrion escape and get his revenge.

Fashionable Bookworm

19,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Frankly, even an epic battle didn't need to last that long. We should have left the Wall for about half the episode.

Thieving Gatekeeper

I agree, that would have made more sense.
Now they have a hell of A LOT to cover in the next episode!

Fashionable Nerd

Agreed. I can't wait for it though. It will be so satisfying. The ending of the episode
    will hopefully have me feeling the same way as when I read it.

Actually when I first read when Stannis comes to save the day
    I literally sat there and my jaw dropped. I didn't even think that it would
    happen like that so I was pleasantly surprised. Ugh, I can't wait. I kind
    of was hoping Arya would be on her way to Braavos by now too but
    with the Hound still being with her I kind of wonder what will happen
    with that. I just want to see her give the captain that coin and hear
    him say valar dohaeris XD

But s**t, I want to see Lady Stoneheart rise. That would be a beautiful
    final scene.

Schlaghund's Princess

Sweetest Delight

58,900 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I thought this episode was wayyyy too much Wall. I'm more about the dastardly deeds, not the clash of swords - I actually found tonight's episode tedious. sad

OG Phantom

Reminded me of the Helm's Deep siege in LOTR. Except in that movie, they cut the flow by putting in some scenes with all of the other characters. I didn't mind it at all that they dedicated a whole episode to this. Keeps your heart racing rather than jolting in and out of a high tempo. I mean, It doesn't top the battle of Blackwater, but it came pretty close to being just as epic. Then again, this is pretty out of character for HBO to not cut to other characters... I mean, Tyrion was just SENTENCED TO DEATH. Now, like everyone else is saying, the next episode has to tie up all of the loose ends.
There's definitely a LOT to cover in the next episode, but I think it will be pretty easy. I mean, if they spend half the episode at the Wall, half in King's landing, and the last 3-5 minutes on the Lady Stoneheart reveal, then it will fit fine.
More detail:

All they have to do at the Wall is have John talk with Mace very briefly, and that's when Stannis shows up, which could easily just be half an episode or less.
In King's Landing, you've just got 3 scenes: one with Tyrion and Jamie, one with Tyrion and Shae, and then Tyrion with Tywin. And you can end it there. That might be a little more than half the episode, but not much.
Then there's the Lady Stoneheart reveal, which is really quick. Just a group of outlaws getting ready to hang some Freys, and then we see under her cloak and BAM! Closing credits.

I am surprised that they didn't have at least some of those things happen by episode 9, simply because previous seasons have all had the big moments in the second to last episode and used the final episode more as a wind down/lead in to the next season. It's just weird that they're switching up that form this season...

Indulgent Foe

23,875 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Yeah, I hope next episode won't be rushed and shallow if they do a last minute tying of loose ends and stuff all of that content into one episode.

I feel like it'll be kind of random, watching Tyrion kill Shae and Tywin if there's a whole bunch of other stuff going on in the episode

Gutterbones's Prince

Alien Kin

25,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Yeah I was a bit disappointed in how long everything took. I mean having the fight is a huge plot point sure but.... An hour of raw warring in the dark with only a couple of high points made this kind of a yawn fest.

Sam though. SAM THO.
Don't forget Bran apparently finally makes it to you-know-who too. xp

Shy Witch

31,850 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Tuken

At this point I couldn't care less about Bran. I hope they put that off for next season.
I would much rather they use what screen time they have left to address the other stuff mentioned properly.
M e i
Tuken

At this point I couldn't care less about Bran. I hope they put that off for next season.
I would much rather they use what screen time they have left to address the other stuff mentioned properly.

I'm a bit bored of Bran too, but I'm hoping that when he finally gets there they can pull something awesomely visually. I do think we're going to get Bran in the next episode considering we see him in the sneak peak. I'm a bit sad they didn't just include more activity at the wall. The next episode is going to be so chucked full of stuff if they're going to include what we think they will.

Tactical Superhero

Who knows they might not even show that next episode. They might leave it hanging. LOL
funny thing is that the actor who is playing bran is starting his puberty. And it's showing xD.

He went from a small child to a young man in one episode.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff