Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
"We believe that a 1% increase will allow us to sink more gold while not significantly impacting your Marketplace experience."

So when you said this, did you realize that the marketplace experience was already significantly impacted?

Look, I'm a 31 year old female. I work for a company who puts production before anything else, including properly running machines (I know, it is quite contradicting of itself). You are putting profit before the consumer/user/customer. You do not care about their, no, OUR experience.

Imagine this, if you will. You go to sleep for 2 years with $15,000 in your pockets. Lets call it a stasis sleep or something. When you wake up, you think that you have an investment of funds, so you set to go and purchase something. But when you go to your local grocery store, you find that your $15,000 might get you a pack of gum.

That is how this Impacted Marketplace feels right now. It has been impacted by so many gold generators, once, twice, fine, but over and over and over and over and over and over and over *breathes deeply* and over and over and over and over and over again is ENOUGH.

Wake up before gaia cash becomes so useless people stop paying for it anymore! WAKE UP!

And let me have my marketplace back, back before these unpronouncable numbers were invading the market place.... please... I beg you.... emo

The Committee Staff Girl

Like a user told me, it cannot be undone and it can't be done. Gaia will just continue plummeting downwards in the long run.
Rya Dracosin
"We believe that a 1% increase will allow us to sink more gold while not significantly impacting your Marketplace experience."

So when you said this, did you realize that the marketplace experience was already significantly impacted?

Look, I'm a 31 year old female. I work for a company who puts production before anything else, including properly running machines (I know, it is quite contradicting of itself). You are putting profit before the consumer/user/customer. You do not care about their, no, OUR experience.

Imagine this, if you will. You go to sleep for 2 years with $15,000 in your pockets. Lets call it a stasis sleep or something. When you wake up, you think that you have an investment of funds, so you set to go and purchase something. But when you go to your local grocery store, you find that your $15,000 might get you a pack of gum.

That is how this Impacted Marketplace feels right now. It has been impacted by so many gold generators, once, twice, fine, but over and over and over and over and over and over and over *breathes deeply* and over and over and over and over and over again is ENOUGH.

Wake up before gaia cash becomes so useless people stop paying for it anymore! WAKE UP!

And let me have my marketplace back, back before these unpronouncable numbers were invading the market place.... please... I beg you.... emo

Gaia cash offers are already impacted also. You couldn't trust them. Those 5b wings? Yeah, them the folded ones. They cost about 999 GC and then those 200m rigs? yes, they cost about 1499 GC (Even with the discount.) And all these GC Sales? They make the 10% off, 25% off to make people buy them because no one are buying them anymore since it's stupid. Before 10% off GC was rare, now it's daily.
Successful Nonsense
Like a user told me, it cannot be undone and it can't be done. Gaia will just continue plummeting downwards in the long run.

Maybe not completely, but if they stopped selling gold generators today, all the gold in the system would slowly be sponged up by new items being introduced.
(The amount of gold introduced daily via people playing games and general site activity is probably negligible by comparison to gold generators.)
It might be very slow, but it would definitely be noticeable and at least one step in the right direction.

Generous Elder

18,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Champion 300
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
cut all gold to 500 million per user. Kill gold generators, watch the rage but eventual price stabilization.

Beloved Capitalist

7,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
ManateeMan
cut all gold to 500 million per user. Kill gold generators, watch the rage but eventual price stabilization.

If you're going to do that, you might as well do a full gold reset.

Magical Fatcat

Loyal Exhibitionist

Olivia Solace
ManateeMan

The only way I'd ever see a "fix" to the entire situation is to introduce a new currency and move to that completely, and convert everyone's gold into the new currency at a very reduced rate (ie: 1 billion gold turns is converted into 100 coins) AND stop introducing gold/new currency generators after that.

Of course, that's never going to happen. Gaia would rather pump the economy with gold generators than actually stop it.

Codger

Hasuki Aatisuto
Olivia Solace
ManateeMan

The only way I'd ever see a "fix" to the entire situation is to introduce a new currency and move to that completely, and convert everyone's gold into the new currency at a very reduced rate (ie: 1 billion gold turns is converted into 100 coins) AND stop introducing gold/new currency generators after that.

Of course, that's never going to happen. Gaia would rather pump the economy with gold generators than actually stop it.

This only works if the underlying problem of selling the on-site exchange currency also stops. They could very well change all gold to platinum at X:1 ratio, but if they then turn around and start selling platinum for cash, nothing has been fixed.

Kawaii Fairy

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm guilty of falling into their traps for gc. It's honestly the only way I can make profit here anymore. My laptop can't run zOMG which used to be my way of getting gold 100 percent of the time till a little over a while ago I want to say 4 years ago that my computer stopped being able to take the game anymore. So I've been watching the MP especially since the last summer sale last year, when things in there went crazy. And I noticed that things went even worse when they raised the gold cap. Over the course of like 2 or 3 days things went from almost impossible prices to seemingly unbearable where your stomach feels icky. Things were bad before then but the raising of the cap set things like WAY up there. I also noticed that I just saw and became aware of the new sister site from Gaia. It's still beta but I saw the work and I'm guessing that they must be putting most of the profit into that site. Which I personally don't like very much. I saw they used the info they got from the "inappropriate" survey they did a year ago too. The one I managed to take before they took it off and apologized for it. It was a bunch if weird questions but they all used it to help make the new site.

Sorry if I got a little off topic. I kinda wanted to touch upon a little of everything which included the inflation and the ugly stuff in the MP

Devoted Wife

Successful Nonsense
Sounds like that person has no idea what they're talking about, but I'm not surprised.

Dapper Noob

Amoreyna
Successful Nonsense

Maybe not completely, but if they stopped selling gold generators today, all the gold in the system would slowly be sponged up by new items being introduced.
(The amount of gold introduced daily via people playing games and general site activity is probably negligible by comparison to gold generators.)
It might be very slow, but it would definitely be noticeable and at least one step in the right direction.

Gold generators are their biggest money maker at this point, so...no, they aren't going to stop. People need to stop buying them before they stop releasing them, that's the only way it can happen.

But apparently a large amount of people DO love gold gens, so...

Dapper Noob

Hasuki Aatisuto
Olivia Solace
ManateeMan

How would that fix anything? The people with billions now would still be richer than us and jack up the prices on everything.

Magical Pal

All they really needed to do after implementing the tax increase was to STOP releasing Gold Generating items.
Pewpewkachu
Amoreyna
Successful Nonsense

Gold generators are their biggest money maker at this point, so...no, they aren't going to stop. People need to stop buying them before they stop releasing them, that's the only way it can happen.

But apparently a large amount of people DO love gold gens, so...

I'm aware of all of that.
I merely wanted to point out the situation isn't actually quite as irreversible as that other user made it out to be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff