Welcome to Gaia! ::

Julian breathed in, slowly, tasting the air between them, reminding himself that to move could rip time apart like tissue paper. He could not have dreamed this, could he? Not the tear-stains still on her face, not the impossible heat of her pressed, shivering, against his chest. Not a dream, but so far from reality he almost couldn't place it. The entire universe had shrunk to this dim living room, and the girl who wouldn't speak to him muttering his name, and he couldn't have moved if the fate of the world depended on it. "Did I know what?" He asked into the shell of her ear, brushing aside a strand of silk-black hair without hesitation.
Amelia’s body warmed at the slight touch of his finger, he hadn’t shown her one sign of interest since the moment they had met. Two weeks had seemed so much longer suddenly, the incoherent beat of her heart seemed unwarranted, everything was so misplaced.

She could have laughed the situation off and pretended to not remember the words that had dared to creep up her throat. She could have begun to cry so that anything she said would be lost in an unintelligible mess of sobs. She could have done anything to avoid speaking to him but instead Amelia did nothing. The curly haired woman just stayed in place, letting the light touch of their skin be the only acknowledgement that either of them was real and in the same space, the same time, at all.

“It’s nothing.” She finally managed to breathe; it was a cold whisper, a numb one. As if to keep them together, as if to make sure her tone hadn’t pushed him away, she buried herself in his neck. This time allowing her hands to fold around him and seize the fabric of his shirt that hung loosely on his back. If she were left alone she would surely break.
"Okay." Julian let himself fold in around her, a surge of protectiveness that she allowed. If time had stopped forever in that moment, he would have been happy with it. If the world had ended there and left nothing but darkness in its wake, he would be satisfied with it. This was all that was right with the universe, wrapped together and lost for words.

Amelia didn’t protest at Julian’s arms around her, she didn’t make a single noise simply out of fear that she would cause him to stop. She felt very slow suddenly, her eyes were beginning to close without warning and the comfort of sleep was pressing gently against the corners of her mind. She shifted, slightly against Julian and moved carefully to look at him with tired eyes. “Are you going to leave?” Her voice was soft, a whisper hint of anything but a blur of loaded emotion that could not be placed if one tried. She wouldn’t try, her limbs were slowly finding themselves in a lull of tranquility. She hoped to keep herself in such a state of serenity, even as she felt asleep.
Aneira let the sound of the music and the motion of the car lull her into a calm state, relieved that the silence was being filled with something, anything. She sighed softly and watched Ceath as the car darted down the darkened streets. His profile in the flickering light was mesmerizing, the muted colors of the neon lights flickered across his coppery skin and ginger hair.

Aneira let out a contented sigh against Ceath’s warm chest and she trembled as he spoke, pressing closer to him. When he stepped away from her, the lack of warmth jolted her back into the world, into the darkened parking lot, and for a moment she was confused. Seeing his familiar smile was like coming home, though, and she felt better than she had since they’d left.

She returned the smile at his words, still a little uncertain, but she nodded and grasped his hand tighter. “Okay,” she said. She stretched up on her tip toes, her free hand reaching around to grasp the back of Ceath’s neck, gently pulling his head down so she could kiss him. The words almost left her lips, the ones she’d been thinking endlessly. I love you. She wanted to whisper the words against his lips, but instead she dropped back down and smiled a bit sheepishly. “Let’s go,” she agreed, keeping hold of his hand.
Ceatherine pulled Aneira inside the hotel quickly, walking up to the lady at the desk and exchanging small conversation. It didn’t take her long to find herself enticed with this amber eyes and laughing voice. She gave him a room key after a few moments of innocent flirting and he was highly pleased with how much less it had cost after the meaningless exchange. His thumb rubbed against Aneira’s, he had refused to let go of her hand.

Once goodbyes were exchanged the ginger prince dragged Aneira too the rather luxurious bedroom—hoping that she would find it to be enough. He slipped the key card through the slot and walked into the room with wide eyes—it was enough for him that was for sure. The carpet was a dark chocolate and would later be found out as smooth under his bare feet. There was a king size bed with a silky gold and cream bedspread and (after he counted on his fingers) eighteen pillows. The bathroom was completely marble and the bar was filled with an array of alcohols that Ceath knew he couldn’t afford without the use of a credit card that wasn’t his.

“So?” He finally asked Aneira, a little breathless himself. “What do you think?”
"No," Julian whispered, breathing out the word and not sure if she would be awake to hear it. "I won't leave."
Kindle walked into the apartment softly, hoping to catch Amelia off guard. He had known better than to come the previous night by the tone of her desperate voice over the phone. She hadn’t wanted to be so vulnerable though Kindle couldn’t find a moment where she wasn’t with him. He did not push the matter though, he let her have the space she craved and instead found himself pacing the whole night. An inch of sleep couldn’t be had while thoughts of her tear stained cheeks ran amuck in his head.

He had slipped into the apartment, hoping to find her asleep so that he could find a place beside her on the small colored couch. Touching her, even barely, was all he needed for reassurance that she would, in fact, be okay. However, coming upon the couch his eyes hit the bottle of Whisky and it’s bold silver label and then fell numbly on the pair curled into one another on the couch.

Her hair fell softly against the side of his worn face and she was buried into his collarbone. Her delicate hands were clutching onto his ragged shirt as her half naked form shivered violently against his clumsy embrace. With gentle hands kindle unknotted the dark skinned man’s hold on her, letting his arms fall peacefully against him as he pulled Amelia into his own.

The man had thought of putting her in Ceath’s bed—he had thought about it, knowing it would be the safest place for her. But instead, he put his sleeping beauty in Julian’s so that the grad student would be forced to explain to her what had happened. If he didn’t, to Kindle’s liking, the dark haired man wasn’t in any position to not tell her what he had arrived to.

Kindle sat in the avocado green chair that was placed adjacent to the couch and kicked the piece of furniture violently to awake the dragon sleeping upon it. He smiled then at the other man’s barely awake face. “Let’s chat.”

Kindle did not wait for an answer however, the accusation heavy on his tongue. “Let me ask you this, do you often find yourself prying on incoherent individuals?” He picked up the bottle of Jack Daniels and moved it idly in his hand, watching the amber colored liquid slush from side to side. Abruptly he forced it to the table and quickly turned his attention to Julian.

“You see, Julian, I do not find a need for men who resort to excessive amounts of alcohol to take advantage of a woman. I do not find the need for men who resort to taking advantage of a woman in general. So I’d like to politely make the suggestion that you start to not find the need either.”
Julian was not really awake enough to face the accusations coherently. He started up, and slowly sat as Kindle spoke. The clang of the bottle against the glass table made him jump again, and sent a ringing pain through his head. He hadn't even been the one drinking– ah.

"I would not." He muttered, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and trying to marshal his defenses. "I would never." As the rest of Kindle's claims sank in, Julian sat up straighter and started to get angry. "Not ever. And not especially to–" He stopped for a second; excuses were one thing, personal feelings quite another. And the last thing he wanted was to say anything about his feelings to Kindle. "To someone I live with." He finished instead, a frown tugging at the corners of his lips.

"She didn't drink too much, and she slept instead of crying the whole night. Which would you have preferred? I didn't do anything I would be ashamed of." Thoughts he couldn't help didn't count. The wild idea that the night had conspired to push them together didn't count.
Kindle spoke before he thought, “You aren’t ashamed of anything? Not of seeing her bare chest?” His eyes flickered to the bra lounging on the hardwood floor beside the couch and continued on as if nothing had happened. “Not of your hand lingering a little too low on her back?” He raised an eyebrow as he watched Julian carefully. He was sure that the boy hadn’t done anything to Amelia, his Amelia, but it didn’t mean he would let the nights actions go without consequence. He craned his neck to look at Julian’s room. “She’s laying in your—well her bed, considering she paid for it.” His voice was even, candid as he didn’t bother to look at Julian, clearly bored with the other man.

“I imagine you’ll be the one to wake her up and tell her nothing happened?” He finally looked back at Julian, eyeing him thoughtfully.
He hadn't even noticed the guilty red pile at the foot of the couch. When had he missed it? He hadn't meant to fall asleep, or at least not to sleep so deeply. How had he slept through Kindle moving her to a bed (her bed? His? Julian didn't even know anymore). He felt his face start to burn, half from Kindle's pointed comments and half from his own nervousness. Would she remember? Either way it seemed she was destined to despise him all the more for limping attempts at comfort.

"Nothing did." He muttered, though even he knew it wouldn't look that way. "I'll survive her waking." The question was, would she?
Kindle smiled at Julian, satisfied with the response he was given. “Well then, I guess you should go take care of that.” His head cocked to the side and his smile quirked as he thought of something more to say to the grad student. “I’m curious, Julian. You stole her room, you stole a night of her life, I wonder what else you plan on stealing?”

With that Kindle got up from the char and peered down at the dark skinned man. “She can be rather cold—perhaps allow yourself a blanket for the situation will surely demand it.” He snatched the red garment off of the floor his fingers crushing the lacy flowers violently between soft fingers. “Another word of advice Julian, don’t touch things that aren’t yours.” His eyes glanced to the bra, for only a moment before they found Julian’s green ones again. “And don’t even think about touching people who have no desire to be caught in your disgusting fantasy world.”

“Unless, of course, you think she does. Then by all means allow your thoughts to whatever demon will have them.”
Julian stood up a little too quickly, his heart beating furiously (which didn't help the dizziness that followed him up). By the time his vision had cleared of spots, Kindle was laughing furiously at him. "She doesn't belong to you, Kindle." He snapped, almost growling out the words. "I don't plan on stealing anything from her." The emphasis he put on the first word made it clear what he thought of the landlord's relationship with Amelia. "And any demons you call? They're your problem, not mine."
Kindle stopped, his face careful to not display any emotion. “You’re right, Julian. I don’t own her—and I’ve never claimed to own her.” The words were acid—he was no longer going to be cold to the man who was desperately trying to hurt him, instead he was going to be brutal. “Amelia cannot and will not ever be anyone’s, Julian. However she does seem to actually enjoy my company, without the additive of another substance.”

He took another step forward so that there was barely space between him and the grad student. “I’ve never stolen from Amelia and the implication is absured.” Kindle wasn’t surprised by Julian’s ignorance but that did not mean he detested it any less. The young man knew nothing of the world and would continue on this way for more time than Kindle would have liked to allow. But it wasn’t his place—though it could’ve been—to correct the situation fully.

Instead he would just give Julian a clear understanding that he would not be spoken in such a way, especially when matters deal with Amelia.”You do not know the first thing about our relationship and the fact that you have dared to pretend to have a little bit of understanding just adds to all accounts against your intelligence.”

Several words, comments, paragraphs fell onto Kindle’s soft lips but he choose to hold them back with a simple lick of his tongue. He would be brutal but only to an extent, only to the very edge of the line that he preferred not to cross for it was far too much work. So he ended his commentary with a simple stiff suggestion, “Now how about you stop making a fool of yourself to me, and wasting both of our times when you should be making a fool of yourself in front of her instead.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff