Welcome to Gaia! ::

[********]
okay, so this post just? ********

so what happened in this reply was:

x ceath got a well deserved punch and took it
xxxx x he's v confused on why she would think he'd kick her out (she pays all the bills)
xxxx x he's also very horrified about the idea of not living with her ever

x amelia walked through glass and barely flinched
xxxx x there was a side comment that she'd be pissed about her socks

x skye made an insensitive comment about when Julian would be back
As the door slammed open, Aneira let out an alarmed squeak, so high pitched it was hardly more than a strained gasp. She pulled her feet up onto the couch, an easy thing for the small woman, and sat curled there as she watched the dark haired woman with wide eyes. She shrank back as the woman ghosted by, but when Aneira caught sight of her expression, she became oddly curious. When they went into Amelia’s former room, the ginger woman leaned forward to see what was happening, only to jerk back in shock when a few moments later Ceath came reeling back out and landed on the floor with a crash.

Aneira turned to Skye with an irritated expression. “Can you please leave it alone, for a moment at least?” she asked in a small voice, straining to be polite. A part of her was terrified of Skye, but her irritation with the man was reaching a point where she was torn between her fear and wanting to tell him off. “Julian will be back when he’s ready, I’m sure.” If ever, she thought as she left the couch.

She kneeled down next to Ceath and touched his jaw lightly where a red mark had already formed and, because it was Amelia, a bruise was sure to form soon. Her fingers brushed it lightly and her brow furrowed as she looked at him with concerned green eyes.
Kai raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure? I don't mind helping you out." She didn't want to admit that he looked a little...underfed. He probably just got out of college or something along those lines. She remembered her college days fondly and was happy she no longer had to dine at the awful food court. They called it 'Moody' food for a reason. "Well, if you need anything, we're just done the hall--" Kai paused. Her ears pricked at the sound of something hitting the floor. She really wished these walls were thicker. "Anyway, we are having dinner tonight, and you are welcome to come by. My husband tends to get carried away with cooking, so let me know if you want anything." She raised her voice. "And that goes for you too, Karl."

"What was that?" Angie spun around and tried to scamper back to her mother. However, she was easily distracted by her 'uncle' and giddily grabbed his pant leg. "You GOT to see what Shaun built! It's like a house of legos and its got a door and a car and a window! It's so cool!"
"Um, that sounds great," he said, shifting his attention back towards his nominal new home. "Yeah, I'm sure I'll see you around."

xx

"Sounds excellent, you mean!" Karl grinned back at Kai, clomping along gamely with the child attached to his leg. "Gotta love Faron's cooking. Well, really, any cooking that isn't mine." He made a face. Glancing down at his passenger, he made a half-baked effort to get her off. "Well let's go look then. I can't move with you clinging to me."

xx

Julian froze in the doorway, having pushed it open further with the edges of the boxes. He struggled to keep hold of them in face of the pandemonium in the living room, and, seeing Amelia in the way of his putting the boxes anywhere near where they where supposed to go, he remained frozen. Above all, he tried very hard not to even glance in Skye's direction.

Skye let out a small growl at Aneira’s comment to lie off on the Julian subject. The little wench didn’t seem to understand anything about his feelings, though it was almost admiral to see her attempt to speak in a big-girl voice. With an irritated huff Skye sat patiently in his seat. He knew that Julian would come back sooner then later, the prince could not be without his princess for long.

Ceath barely blinked when Amelia’s fist came in contact with his jaw—she could’ve shattered it, he knew that much. She had shattered it before and they had spent a large chunk of their freshman year switching places in hospital beds. But she hadn’t been aiming for a stay in the hospital, she had been just aiming for a nice ripe bruise and one hell of a headache. But he had seen it, the way she curled her fist incorrectly (blinded by the sudden anxiety that was filling her lungs), and the snap of her fist rang through his ears like a drum. ’So much for not going to the hospital,’ he thought to himself with odd comfort.

He looked up at Aneira and forced a small smile, hoping to reassure her that he would be just fine—knowing full well that he wouldn’t.

Amelia was not a woman to cry out when in pain. She was the type of animal who bared her teeth and only sulked over the wound when in private space where no prying eyes could see her; private space that no longer existed thanks to her dearest friend laying flat on his back in front of her. Cradling her arm carefully her eyes met the intruder—Julian. Without saying a word she fleed from the living room into Ceath’s room, the door crashing hard against the frame, the silence of the room crashing louder still.

“Amelia.” Ceath groaned, but to receive no answer. He pulled himself from the floor and was met with a sudden dizziness that forced him to stumble back to his original position.

After a few moments Skye opened his mouth, eyes locked on Julian, only to be interrupted by a stranger in black.

“Well, well.” A rich sensual voice erupted from the doorway. Attached to it was a pale faced man with unnaturally bright eyes.

Skye’s eyes couldn’t help but feel up Kindle as he leaned casually against the door, as if he owned it. He wasn’t wearing much, but then again, Kindle never wore much of anything if he could avoid it. A pair of tight dark wash jeans hugged his hips tightly and a simple, white V-neck that looked too tight to be snug revealed some of his, nicer, assets. Feeling threatened by his unquestionable attractiveness, Skye quickly said the first thing that came to mind. “Kindle," He purred the other man's name, "Amelia’s angry.” He said the last words as if they had more magic in them than the man who had just appeared.

Kindle raised an eyebrow at the Korean man, clearly interested in the suddenness of the comment. It was more than obvious that Amelia was angry, it was the only time anyone on the floor would shut up. But still, he couldn’t help but entertain Skye’s forwardness with a bit of his own. “Hmm, an angry Amelia. I’m not sure if there is anything I like more.” A smile played on his lips as he thought of something he did in fact like more.

Skye rolled his eyes, he could not understand in the slightest what it was that Kindle saw in the little b***h of apartment b. She wasn’t exactly pretty, nor was she of any worth when it came to conversation. But the blonde had no desire to try and pull Kindle out of his downward spiral—if his feelings for Amelia meant he would stay away from Julian, Skye was more than happy to keep the landlord busy with illicit thoughts of someone other than his prince. Letting out a dramatic sigh, Skye inquired, “Let me guess, sleeping with her?”

With an amused smile that did not reach his yellow eyes Kindle agreed, “Perhaps a combination of the two.” Though his smile still held it’s normal radiance his tone was crisp and his eyes suddenly ice. He turned to Julian momentarily and the amusement found the dark haired man again. Letting out a small chuckle he simply said, “We’ll aren’t you…something.”
Julian physically took a step back from the anger and pain in Amelia's face. She vanished into the other bedroom, and he was left wondering what on earth was going on. She'd seemed perfectly friendly (or at least more sane) than most of the people he'd met so far. Apparently he'd been wrong. (the blood from her footprints was still pooling on the floor). She hadn't even flinched or limped a little. He was torn between sympathy and discomfort.

The conversation that followed, while Ceath was half-conscious and Aneira was fluttering around without really doing anything useful (like getting an icepack) was one Julian abhorred. Skye had already entrenched himself in the student's head as a thoroughly unsavory character, and the newest member of the conversation was hardly any better. Julian scowled back at Kindle, wondering if he was supposed to be intimidated by the man's unutterable good looks. Sure, his sudden appearance and casual arrogance made Julian's heart beat a little irregularly, but this was completely uncalled for. "I certainly am something." He snapped, still holding his boxes. "And if you don't mind, I am also someone." Stepping further into the apartment, he deposited the boxes next to a wall and went to check for ice cube trays in the freezer. Pretending to ignore everyone else in the place, he busied himself putting the frozen cubes into a plastic bag (once he'd found one) and wrapping the bag in a dish towel.
Amelia’s sudden departure left the room in a tense silence that made the hair on the back of Aneira’s neck p***k uneasily. She turned her attention back to Ceath when he tried and failed to rise, red hair falling down in a curtain to block her face as her urgent green eyes searched his face. His smile had not done much to reassure her and the whole situation was becoming a lot to take in. She didn’t even notice Kindle come in (a rare occurrence, for she always noticed the attractive dark haired man). She was too flustered to catch the words Julian threw at Kindle like darts.

Aneira only looked up at the sound of Julian’s box against the floor and a sense of movement in the room. Her slightly frantic green eyes watched him walk into the kitchen. When she heard the clink of ice, her teeth grazed the pink skin of her lip as she chastised herself for not thinking of that to begin with.
Kindle’s grin couldn’t help but widen as the man he addressed became rather defensive. It didn’t take the dark haired man long to ruffle the newcomer’s feathers. With a strange eagerness Kindle stepped in time with Julian to the kitchen, watching him with mild interest. If the twenty-six year old could have found an interesting point about the younger man he would have surely applauded such a feat (for everyone needed applause now and again), but he had yet to see anything worthy of praise. Kindle was fully aware that this was exactly what drew him to Julian—the lack of apparent extraordinary.

Choosing to simply silently observe the man turned to the refrigerator and pulled a clear box from the top of it. “If you’re ever in need a first aid kit,” he started off in his usual bored but sultry tone and emphatically shook the kit, as if Julian was dim witted. “They keep it one on top of the fridge, the other is located under the sink in the bathroom.” He looked at Julian with a forced smile. “I do wish that Ceatherine would have told me of you moving in though, I would’ve made arrangements for Amelia.” The last name that left his lips made the cruel man’s expression soften, if only for a moment.

Skye was at a sudden loss unbeknown to him—his dark skinned prince had not bothered to even graze Skye’s smooth golden skin. He had even waxed and shaved for the occasion but Julian’s blatant ignoring of the Asian man was embarrassing. He had the right mind to abuse the poor man that dared to defy his fine pointed stiletto demands. But he kept his temper under his best control, managing only to snap the feather duster his chubby hands were previously fiddling with in half. Of course it wasn’t Julian’s fault, Skye eventually came to realize, but it was Amelia and Ceath who had caused the issue. If they hadn’t caused such a ruckus his prince would not have been caught in a daze and would have certainty found himself in Skye’s lap.

Ceatherine, the poor confused young man who had no idea of what he did wrong, only looked at the bedroom door Amelia had slipped into. He looked back at Aneira with the same reassuring smile he had put on moments before. He knew he needed to seem as fine as he could, but also wasn’t completely sure he could change his facial expression without making his jaw throb in a more violent manner. “It’s okay.” He strained himself to say, grimacing suddenly and moving his hand to his jaw to hold it for comfort.
At Ceath’s words, Aneira turned back to him. Air hissed through her lips as she watched his face contort into a grimace of pain. “Obviously it’s not,” she stated worriedly.

She stood up and walked over to the kitchen, purposefully looking anywhere but at Kindle. She didn’t need to lose her confidence now over the obscenely attractive man, she could feel her heart pounding as it was. Instead, her green eyes found the first aid kit in his hand. “Do you mind?” she asked, holding out her hand. She looked over her shoulder at Julian. “I thought you were getting ice.” Her voice was cool. As attractive as the newcomer was, he’d certainly brought a lot of drama with him, and she wasn’t necessarily thrilled about how it was going to impact life.

Also, their dilly-dallying was not helping Ceath, and although she knew she hadn’t been much help either, she wasn’t about to let him just lay there forever. She, however, made the mistake of meeting Kindle’s eyes when she turned back around. Her pale cheats reddened and she found herself taking a small step back. Her hand found the ends of her red hair, confidence gone.
Already on edge from Skye's attentions, Julian did not take calmly to Aneira's comment. He'd been steadily growing more still as Kindle spoke, apparent emotion draining away, to be replaced by an icy glare.
"You can take it then," he said sharply, half-dropping the cold bundle onto the first-aid kit she was holding.
"Apparently too few people heard about my moving in," he continued, trying to find something to occupy his hands and failing. It was stay in the kitchen or go back into the living room, and since that involved going past Kindle Julian elected to stay where he was. "All I knew was Ceath didn't mind I didn't have a job yet."
Kindle looked at Aneira with open disinterest. He had never explicitly said that he didn’t enjoy her company and was more or less fond of her—as much as one could be fond of the obnoxiously short woman—but in the moment it was rather clear that she wasn’t wanted in the slightest. His fingers barely tightened on the First Aid kit, he knew that she would not dare attempt to take it from him, however that did not make him any less possessive of the item.

“No.” He said coolly, narrowing his eyes. “You know where the other one is, not that a few bandages are going to do much for Ceath’s jaw. You’d be more useful getting Daela or running him to the hospital.” It was much more than Kindle had intended to say to the ginger woman and turned his attention from her to make sure she got the hint that there would be no more discussion on the matter. If anyone needed the First Aid Kit, it was the woman bleeding caught in a full fledge panic attack.

A woman he needed to attend to.

Kindle gave Julian a rueful smile as the man went on about his pathetic situation. The complaining was distasteful at best and if Kindle hadn’t known better he would have described the dark skinned man as whinny. Whinny was an understatement. But Kindle no longer felt the desire to entertain either person crowding the kitchen and instead left them with a simple drawn out statement, “I’ll go be useful then—as I’m the only capable person breathing air in this apartment.”

Skye’s eyes lit up when Kindle emerged from the kitchen—if only for a moment. The pout that had been firmly planted on his lips continued on. “Is Julian on his way out?” The curly haired man had been given enough time to let his anger reside. He would still make sure Amelia received her just deserts later.

The dark haired man gave Skye a small shrug in response but started directly towards him.

Skye looked at Kindle carefully, not sure of what the other man intended to do. Before he had time to react Kindle kicked up his leg and pushed the blond off of the couch. “No dogs on the furniture.” His voice was mostly chilled but there was no denying the small hint of amusement that could always be found in humiliating Skye.

Skye glowered up at the landlord, anger blistering inside of him. He couldn’t believe this! No matter his current displeasure in Kindle he could not bring himself to dare think of ruining the other man. No matter how tempting the thought was, Skye did not see himself as a stupid man, and therefore would not dare attempt. Instead he would let himself pout and focus his hate on someone who captured Kindle’s affections.

Without another word between them Kindle turned his attention towards Ceath. As he passed he gave the copper skinned man a small smile. “You’re a real keeper.” The poison slipped from his lips before he could stop himself but the Kindle didn’t bother to correct himself.

Ceath could not even find any words to say and the throbbing pain was getting stronger still. He just nodded blankly in response to Kindle’s comments—not thinking much of it at all.
Aneira blinked and a quiet "oh" escaped her pink lips as much of the confidence drained out of her at Kindle's words. The ice remained in her hand, turning the pale skin pink as the cold burned. She ignored it for the moment, watching as Kindle left. She frowned, cheeks flushing. His words toward Ceath were unnecessary (she wasn't worried about Skye for the moment, though she knew she'd be hearing about it later in the apartment) and she rushed over to the ginger man.

"Here," she said, green eyes dancing over his face as she tried to discern how much pain he was in. She knelt down and held the ice to his jaw. "I'll go get Daela, unless, should I take you right to the hospital?" she asked, growing more and more worried. She hated to admit that Kindle was right, but she knew how helpless she was in most situations. At least she could drive alright.
x
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
T I M E S K I P ↓↓
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtwo weeks later -- wednesday night, 10 pm
Aneira adjusted her soft black t-shirt as she looked in the mirror. She leaned in close and wiped away a smudge of mascara or eyeliner (she wasn’t sure which) that darkened the pale skin under her eye. Then she turned to the side, running a hand over her hair, pulled into a tight bun on top of her head. Good, she decided. She glanced at the clock and muttered a curse as she darted from the bathroom. “s**t.” She grabbed her black apron from the back of the couch on her way out. The door shut with a bang behind her and she cringed as the sound followed her down the hallway. Her shift at the bar started at ten, which was now.

She ran down the stairs, narrowly avoiding falling on her face as her foot missed the last stair, landing with a thump on the floor and causing her heart to skip a beat. She looked at the small silver watch she wore on her wrist, the delicate chain glistening in the dim lighting. “Thank god,” she said quietly. She’d gotten down there in less than a minute, and wasn’t technically late. Yet.

She wrapped the apron around her waist as she approached the bar, looping the ties around twice so that they wouldn’t hang too far down her legs. She preferred to keep the ends short, having learned fast that sometimes the drunker customers liked to grab them. “Hey,” she greeted Ceath and Julian, only slightly breathless from the rush. She ran her hand over her hair again, smoothing down any fly-aways that had sprung up. “How’s it been tonight?"
Julian shrugged, glancing over the not-quite-crowded room. "It's not except another night." He said with a satisfied sigh. "Sometimes boring days are alright, you know?" He didn't add that he'd needed one, after today's classes. Despite the fact that living here was by far the cheapest rent he could've gotten this side of anywhere else in the city, Julian had to balance the pros and cons carefully sometimes. His professor of math (a required course that he might have been interested in anyway) had dumped a hundred-question 'study guide' on the class today, and a mindless evening pouring drinks and fetching peanuts was a good way to forget that he had at least three more hours of homework to do. Glancing back at Ceath, he added, "Remind me not to every try what's in the far right tap." It'd come out like sludge when he'd tried to pour it, and instead of telling him to dump it out (or dumping it on him, which was a possibility given Ceath's normal clientele) the customer had grunted and left a fifty on the counter.
When Julian'd raised an eyebrow at Ceath, he'd just shrugged and said something along the lines of "it was here when i moved in."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff