Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • First step to fame 200
if anyone else does.. what are your thoughts on the book and do you compare the scenarios in the books to the series? blaugh

i'm currently in A Storm of Swords and is simultaneously watching the series, too smile

don't worry about the spoilers. biggrin I LOVE THEM heart

Destructive Glitch

I have read all the books so far...gimme the next one already! D=
I like both the book and the tv-show a lot, but I dont like when the tv-show wanders way off from the books or add a ton of story were there was none in the book. Cant wait for the next "fiery" episode ;D
I dont compare tiny details, mainly cus I read the books quite a while ago - but major changes Im usually not too fond of.

Gracious Tactician

Well the recent episode did an amazing adaptation of an amazing scene from the novel which I'm super duper happy with. In general; I'm quite fond of the show adaptation... but I don't watch it religiously because there are bits and pieces that bug me a lot.

For examples...

* I'm really disappointed on how the Night's Watch is on the show I guess... When I read the novels, Jon's chapters were one of my favourite to read; but in the show, his scenes feel sort of boring.

* It's hard to believe; but Shae is even MORE hateable than ever on the show -_- ;; I don't like where the show is going with her character at all. It's just completely different from book Shae; who IMO was cool and sexy and a total b***h.

* Instead of mysterious Margeary in the novels; we get a prominent lots-of-airtime player on the show. I have somewhat mixed feelings about this...

* I can't believe that they cut out Willas from the show! I hope this doesn't mean that D&D know that he won't be playing a major role in the novels... I've always wanted to meet the Tyrell heir that Olenna the freaking queen of thorns (who doesn't seem to legitimately like anyone) freaking loves and is happy to leave the Tyrell legacy to; and also even Oberyn is on good terms with Willas!

* Also; I don't like how in the show gives Dany waaayyy too much airtime. Everything about show Dany pisses me off right now (except I still think Emilia Clarke is super cool). I hate how the D&D made Daario less crazy looking (where's his bright blue hair?!?!?)

Ugh; Dany's chapters in the novels were one of my favourites honestly (ok I loved a lot of characters in the novels lol). The thing about her chapters is that there is a lot of her thinking and her feeling her emotions; which haven't been translated onto screen. I feel like the show just completely destroyed her character development*** (for lack of a better word); she was meant to be heavily debating on whether to succumb to her feelings for Daario and being all teenage hormonal s**t; but the show makes it seem like she's 24/7 in control and totally knows what she's doing. Again, this may be because her thoughts/feelings that readers can read don't translate well onto the show... but I feel like D&D could have done better with her character... like give her more depth and show her dumb side instead of the show-watchers'-fanservice they seem to be doing right now.

Winter is coming

Beloved Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • First step to fame 200
kureyuki

I like both the book and the tv-show a lot, but I dont like when the tv-show wanders way off from the books or add a ton of story were there was none in the book. Cant wait for the next "fiery" episode ;D
I dont compare tiny details, mainly cus I read the books quite a while ago - but major changes Im usually not too fond of.

omg me too! sometimes, i tend to remember tiny details though like how eddard got his leg injured from the kingslayer. lol blaugh

and since i'm a girl, i'm not too fond of the "fiery" scenes like, you know i don't recall happening in the book. plus i laughed so hard when i found out that the knight of the flowers is in a relationship with renly xDD i still can't get over it xD

Beloved Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • First step to fame 200
shuggar

Well the recent episode did an amazing adaptation of an amazing scene from the novel which I'm super duper happy with. In general; I'm quite fond of the show adaptation... but I don't watch it religiously because there are bits and pieces that bug me a lot.

For examples...

* I'm really disappointed on how the Night's Watch is on the show I guess... When I read the novels, Jon's chapters were one of my favourite to read; but in the show, his scenes feel sort of boring.

* It's hard to believe; but Shae is even MORE hateable than ever on the show -_- ;; I don't like where the show is going with her character at all. It's just completely different from book Shae; who IMO was cool and sexy and a total b***h.

* Instead of mysterious Margeary in the novels; we get a prominent lots-of-airtime player on the show. I have somewhat mixed feelings about this...

* I can't believe that they cut out Willas from the show! I hope this doesn't mean that D&D know that he won't be playing a major role in the novels... I've always wanted to meet the Tyrell heir that Olenna the freaking queen of thorns (who doesn't seem to legitimately like anyone) freaking loves and is happy to leave the Tyrell legacy to; and also even Oberyn is on good terms with Willas!

* Also; I don't like how in the show gives Dany waaayyy too much airtime. Everything about show Dany pisses me off right now (except I still think Emilia Clarke is super cool). I hate how the D&D made Daario less crazy looking (where's his bright blue hair?!?!?)

Ugh; Dany's chapters in the novels were one of my favourites honestly (ok I loved a lot of characters in the novels lol). The thing about her chapters is that there is a lot of her thinking and her feeling her emotions; which haven't been translated onto screen. I feel like the show just completely destroyed her character development*** (for lack of a better word); she was meant to be heavily debating on whether to succumb to her feelings for Daario and being all teenage hormonal s**t; but the show makes it seem like she's 24/7 in control and totally knows what she's doing. Again, this may be because her thoughts/feelings that readers can read don't translate well onto the show... but I feel like D&D could have done better with her character... like give her more depth and show her dumb side instead of the show-watchers'-fanservice they seem to be doing right now.

omg i totally agree with you on jon snow and dany blaugh i honestly loved jon snow and dany in the books but in the movie i mean, sure they look good and fitting and all but the scenes were a bit flat. though of course that's probably the best they could do. they couldn't put in the character's "voices" in their heads to talk so as to say what they are thinking about on something right? xD that would probably be weird xD

plus i don't like that dany doesn't have really silver hair and purple eyes crying i was kinda looking forward to that crying

as for the other characters and scenes.. well i am yet to watch those smile i'll try to get back to you on my thoughts when i finish watching up to the current biggrin

and okay for me jon snow looks a bit chubby.. crying i was fangirling on him until i watched the series crying i imagined him more... ugh manly and hot. xD well okay that's just me xD crying

Beloved Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • First step to fame 200
Penguin Assassin 007
Winter is coming

Winterfell! blaugh

Destructive Glitch

Asuna Yuuki 21
kureyuki

omg me too! sometimes, i tend to remember tiny details though like how eddard got his leg injured from the kingslayer. lol blaugh

and since i'm a girl, i'm not too fond of the "fiery" scenes like, you know i don't recall happening in the book. plus i laughed so hard when i found out that the knight of the flowers is in a relationship with renly xDD i still can't get over it xD

renly got a bigger role in the tv show in general so I guess they had to..."add some character traits"
in the latest episode it looks like sansa took a lvl in badass at the end and I wonder if they're gonna do something with it. most females got a boost in the show (with major exception for arya of course) so I wonder if they will give one to sansa now.

Magical Gaian

17,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/shamantra-s-booty-buddies-holiday-thread/t.83190913_31/

vote in this GoT avatar contest

Wintry Avenger

I've been more or less ok with everything until the Sansa reveal. What the hell? They'd better kill the people they told and go back to waiting a while.
I was extremely upset by watching the show when Jaime pretty much rapes Cersei. In the book it was different. In th book, Jaime first shows up after the Purple Wedding and Cersei and Jaime have consensual in the Sept over Joffrey's body, a little creepy admittedly, but it was much worse in the show. I feel like Jaime is one of the most dynamic characters in the book and his whole persona changes so drastically. In the show, I don't believe he has changed at all because he just winds up raping his sister. Sure it's great that he is being really nice to Brienne and everything, but now he will have that rape hanging over his head which doesn't make me thing he's changed at all.

That was a big pet peeve of mine.

Beloved Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • First step to fame 200
Mister Piff
I was extremely upset by watching the show when Jaime pretty much rapes Cersei. In the book it was different. In th book, Jaime first shows up after the Purple Wedding and Cersei and Jaime have consensual in the Sept over Joffrey's body, a little creepy admittedly, but it was much worse in the show. I feel like Jaime is one of the most dynamic characters in the book and his whole persona changes so drastically. In the show, I don't believe he has changed at all because he just winds up raping his sister. Sure it's great that he is being really nice to Brienne and everything, but now he will have that rape hanging over his head which doesn't make me thing he's changed at all.

That was a big pet peeve of mine.

ok wait. o_o joffrey dies?? xDD lolololol xDD

and jaime is likely to have an affair with brienne?? xD

or i'm exaggerating things?? xD lol omg can't wait to watch those parts xD blaugh

Beloved Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • First step to fame 200
obamaurmama
I've been more or less ok with everything until the Sansa reveal. What the hell? They'd better kill the people they told and go back to waiting a while.

what exactly is this sansa reveal?? o_o that she's going to have a power or something? blaugh

Beloved Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • First step to fame 200
kureyuki

renly got a bigger role in the tv show in general so I guess they had to..."add some character traits"
in the latest episode it looks like sansa took a lvl in badass at the end and I wonder if they're gonna do something with it. most females got a boost in the show (with major exception for arya of course) so I wonder if they will give one to sansa now.

level in badass how?? xD i always thought of sansa as a wimp xD maybe this time she'll have my sympathy xD and arya was always awesome, for me atleast biggrin i just love reading all her parts specially when she went on her major adventure to get home xD 4laugh

Destructive Glitch

Asuna Yuuki 21
kureyuki

level in badass how?? xD i always thought of sansa as a wimp xD maybe this time she'll have my sympathy xD and arya was always awesome, for me atleast biggrin i just love reading all her parts specially when she went on her major adventure to get home xD 4laugh

in the book she is... but during her last scenes you can see her making a notable change in her attitude against....well, everything. her lot in life. she left that whiny, gullbile little girl behind and ready to take her spot in the game. they emphasized this with her makeover in her very last scene in the episode (when she FINALLY got her hair dyed and dress update wink )
I always liked arya as well, but I think she kicked way more a** in the books than she ever did in the tv-show. =P I mean, I still like her in the show, and she is gutsy but she's a little less... ...homicidal?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff