Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Rhea Byrne
Ven Loraine Jr
Rhea Byrne
I'd rather see more practical clothes than boring and bulky, or gaudy(which is more accurate to sci-fi books, but still terrible) sci-fi clothes.
We get "practical" clothes all the time. If you mean everyday, realistic clothes like dresses, jackets, etc.?

But how often do we get sci-fi clothes? Once in three or four months maybe?

:<

And yet we don't have a single decent pair of black dress shoes that aren't heels or a knit jacket with pockets.

I'd be fine if we never got sci-fi clothes. I might enjoy reading sci-fi novels, but the first thing that ever comes to mind is how terrible or impractical the clothes are.

I respect your opinion, but by going with your logic, would that mean you also hate a lot of the desginer apparel that has been in constant release?

Dead Hellraiser

Gunnisberg
Rhea Byrne
Ven Loraine Jr
Rhea Byrne
I'd rather see more practical clothes than boring and bulky, or gaudy(which is more accurate to sci-fi books, but still terrible) sci-fi clothes.
We get "practical" clothes all the time. If you mean everyday, realistic clothes like dresses, jackets, etc.?

And yet we don't have a single decent pair of black dress shoes that aren't heels or a knit jacket with pockets.

I'd be fine if we never got sci-fi clothes. I might enjoy reading sci-fi novels, but the first thing that ever comes to mind is how terrible or impractical the clothes are.

I respect your opinion, but by going with your logic, would that mean you also hate a lot of the desginer apparel that has been in constant release?

Yes, it does, actually.

Salty Bilge rat

10,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Rhea Byrne
Gunnisberg
Rhea Byrne
Ven Loraine Jr
Rhea Byrne

Yes, it does, actually.

I share your pain brother.

Intergalactic Recruit

Mimirelle

Star Wars inspired RIG please.

Star Wars is too specific and mainstream. It would be better if we got Star Wars mixed with several other Sci-Fi shows, movies, and video games so we get a wide variety of things to choose from.

But unfortunately, I just don't see this happening. Gaia only wants to do subjects that sell really well. They can't even take some profits from their popular item sales, and use it for variety and experimentation, no, they would prefer to instead keep making the same boring themes that sell all the time because profits are the most important thing. rolleyes

Some Sci-Fi inspirational items I'd love to see:

Alien(s), Predator, Total Recall, Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone, Transformers (Movies, Prime, G1, Beast Wars, Animated), Pacific Rim, Terminator, Star Wars, Fifth Element, Starship Troopers, Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Ergo Proxy, Star Trek (especially Voyager and DS9), Titan A.E., Halo, Mass Effect, Fallout, Borderlands, Gears of War, Animorphs.

And that's just the cool stuff I like and can name off the top of my head.

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50
jettisoned corpse

You just went full on hipster nerd.

Intergalactic Recruit

Adephi
Make it a futuristic gold shop update in that case. We do not need any more 'luxury' items unless they cost gold emotion_donotwant

I'd personally find that insulting that the least popular theme on Gaia (sci-fi/space/future) that we rarely get anything from, would be shoved down to the cheap Gold Shops that rarely look good anymore and are always in the same boring flat colors.

I'd prefer a RIG. At least that way, Gaia can hope to make "some" money off the theme, which is the main reason they mostly avoid it in the first place.

Intergalactic Recruit

Mimirelle
jettisoned corpse

Thanks for offering an intelligent discussion and result to profiling over word usage. rolleyes

When I say mainstream, it's because I'd prefer to get sci-fi themes in general, and not something so specific and overused like Star Wars.

It's like asking for Fantasy themes, and someone answers with Harry Potter.

That's not to say I am against Star Wars.

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50
jettisoned corpse
Mimirelle
jettisoned corpse

Thanks for offering an intelligent discussion and result to profiling over word usage. rolleyes

When I say mainstream, it's because I'd prefer to get sci-fi themes in general, and not something so specific and overused like Star Wars.

Was being humorous lol.

Intergalactic Recruit

Mimirelle
jettisoned corpse
Mimirelle
jettisoned corpse

Was being humorous lol.

Humorous intent is irrelevant when it can still be taken as an intentional insult.

Schlaghund's Princess

Sweetest Delight

58,900 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I'd be happy if they'd release the Transformers Optimus Prime Buddy!

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50
jettisoned corpse

Oh I'm sorry didn't think it would insult you, considering me posting here would make me one too. My apologies.

Leigh Warren's Husband

Romantic Sentai

10,250 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
I hope the min event thing helped show that there are still people looking for non pastel poofy dresses and some cool Sentai/Scifi/Robos instead. Even rigs I find it hard to like anything in them, it feels to me that they're just lady legs and pretty things.

Wheezing Sex Symbol

17,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Adephi
Make it a futuristic gold shop update in that case. We do not need any more 'luxury' items unless they cost gold emotion_donotwant

Yesss!
I would eat this up, we really do not have enough cool gold shop stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff