Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Duck

Now that I have your attention here is a guide to feminism

1. Feminists believe in equality, that's all there is to it
2. Feminist is just a person that believes everyone
should have equal rights.
3. A lot of people believe that feminism is man hating or wanting women to be better than men
4.^That is not feminism, I'll get back to that in a sec

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feminists sometime get called feminazis, but really they are nice people so please don't call them this.
2. They mostly fight against sexism mostly but they all don't like racism, transphobia, homophobia, cisphobia, queerphobia, and other stuff
3. Sexism against women still happens today although some don't realize it
4. words like slut, and things like fat shaming or skinny shaming are ways of oppressing women ( And even some men!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feminists do not hate all men, they hate misogynists
2. Misogyny is when people treat women as sex objects. (Most misogynists are men but not all men are misogynists)
3. Misogynists do not see women as people, they think women do not deserve the same rights as men.
4. do not be a misogynist, they suck
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Women who hate men are called misandrists
2. There are nowhere near as many misandrists as misogynists.
3. While that may be the case, that does not make misandry okay. Insulting all men and calling them pigs is misandry
4. misandry is not empowering it is sexism
5. do not be a misandrist they suck too
----------------------------------------------------------------
1. YOU CAN FOLLOW SOCIETYS STANDARDS OF BEAUTY AND STILL BE A FEMINIST
2. The difference being you are choosing the way you look because it makes you feel good and not because it is what makes a man happy.
3. Being a feminist means styling yourself in a way that makes YOU happy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
TL;DR: Feminists want equality, Do not be a Misogynist, they suck. Do not be a misandrist because they suck too. Hopefully this cleared a few things up for people who do not know about feminism or think they do when they don't.

Floppy Puppy

feminism is toxic

Flamatik's Husband

3...2...1... exclaim

Perfect Duck

a plebeian
feminism is toxic

Wrong, Misandrists are Toxic. The way feminism is supposed to be is fine but certain women (and men) blow it out of proportion and just make it a bad thing
a plebeian
feminism is toxic
its sad that a lot of people think this way

also no one is gonna read your op sry

Floppy Puppy

Fifty Shades of Gross
a plebeian
feminism is toxic

Wrong, Misandrists are Toxic. The way feminism is supposed to be is fine but certain women (and men) blow it out of proportion and just make it a bad thing

my opinion isn't wrong, just different.

Perfect Duck

elce
a plebeian
feminism is toxic
its sad that a lot of people think this way

also no one is gonna read your op sry

That's okay, that's why I added the tl;dr. As long as they know what misandrists and misogynists are then I accomplished something.

Perfect Duck

a plebeian
Fifty Shades of Gross
a plebeian
feminism is toxic

my opinion isn't wrong, just different.

Blah, you're right. it isn't wrong, however the whole point was to highlight the difference between a misandrist and a feminist

Dangerous Lunatic

no, justin beiber is not a beautiful human being.

More importantly there are differant kinds of feminists, radical feminists and the reasonable ones you speak of. It's like the differance between radical Muslims and the regular ones who just try and survive like you and I, same goes for Christians.

Perfect Duck

zhidkosti rok
no, justin beiber is not a beautiful human being.

More importantly there are differant kinds of feminists, radical feminists and the reasonable ones you speak of. It's like the differance between radical Muslims and the regular ones who just try and survive like you and I, same goes for Christians.

You're right of course; however when a feminist becomes radical to the point that it becomes man shaming they are now misandrists 3nodding

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Genius way to get peoples attention ... horrible thread regardless User Image

Aged Ally

Feminism also effects men
Because it's better that a women is masculine than for a man to be feminine
Because men too get sexually assulted/raped but it's laughed at or brushed off because men always want sex
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Business Genius

8,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
I shoud of known better then to walk in here XD
but if it makes you feel better I like women XD

Perfect Duck

AllyCat-chan
Feminism also effects men
Because it's better that a women is masculine than for a man to be feminine
Because men too get sexually assulted/raped but it's laughed at or brushed off because men always want sex

You are right. I just figured I would already have a hard time getting people to read, That's why I tried to stress the point of equality

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff