Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Felis catus

12,625 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I just finished watching the animation for Dangan Ronpa and I just want to put a few opinions here.
WHY hot pink blood??
It just Totally killed it all. Get it. Killed it all. Ha.
Also, I thought they killed off the characters too fast, you didn't really have time to get attached to anyone really..

But other than that it was actually pretty good!

Has anyone else watched/played it? Aaand who was your favorite character? emotion_kirakira

Demonic Felis catus

12,625 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
No one?

;~;

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Object of Affection 150
I tried watching it and it came off as a bad parody of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. sad I gave up on it 4 episodes in.

Demonic Hero

The Danganronpa anime completely shortened what the video game had to offer.
You really got to attach yourself more in the video game.

I really didn't enjoy how the anime didn't include some of the bonding stuff with Mizono and Naegi.

And the pink blood I think was meant to be kept as the video game did it since the blood had to be censored in the game.

Anyway, Naegi would have to be my favorite, followed by Asahina and Sakura.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,925 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
The pink blood had to replace the red blood in the game to avoid censorship, and because the game became known for it's stylistic pink blood, I don't think they wanted to change it.

The anime was okay, but the game was paced slower and you got to interact with characters outside of the main plot. Also the animation wasn't very impressive, but both game and anime seemed relatively low budget so...

My favorite character is definitely Naegi tho.

Beloved Shapeshifter

Sayuri-senpai
I tried watching it and it came off as a bad parody of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward. sad I gave up on it 4 episodes in.
Then again, they were the same company. So it'd have some parallels.

Also, I can't remember for sure, but I think that Spike Chunsoft may have created the Danganronpa series before Zero Escape because the original release of the games was for the PSP instead of the Vita (in the case of VLR). It just came out later in the states in the Vita form/ remake.

Anyhow, I agree that the series felt rushed, but still kinda liked it. The reality is, many games cannot always do the whole split season thing. I'd have liked if they gave the characters a bit more time to build their personalities, though they focused mostly on Kirito, Naegi, and Monokuma. I think that it would have been nice to learn more about the motive and how far Ultimate Despair reaches.

With the game, I'd have liked to known what would happen when it comes to getting the wrong character for some of the other trials. Like, what other bad endings would there be, (such as, if the group were to be executed for finding the wrong person guilty and whether the culprit would actually be freed from the "sanctuary" of Hope's Peak or if their freedom would be execution in the end...)

The first game and season really had so many untapped potentials. Still enjoyable, but with the Zero Escape parallel being out there, there were so many more endings that existed. Especially in VLR. I'd have liked to see more of that kind of setup in the end.

Dapper Pup

The pink blood was a censorship thing and so it kind of stuck. Though it does bother me that the characters refer to it as red in the game.

I originally tried reading the LP on SomethingAwful until they archived it and the paywall was getting on my nerves. So I read it on LParchives and then watched the anime and then bought the game + a used Vita just to play it.

The anime really didn't do it justice. It stuck really well to the main story line I'll give it that but they rushed through a lot of things too. Mainly the investigation and trials. And it would have been nice to have some of the free time events in the anime.

As for my favorites: Chihiro, Ishimaru, and Sakura. I was going to say Monobear too but everybody loves Monobear 3nodding

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Suiseiten

The first in the Zero Escape series was actually released in 2009, where as the first iteration of Danganronpa was released 2010. 3nodding

Demonic Felis catus

12,625 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Okami Attorney
The pink blood was a censorship thing and so it kind of stuck. Though it does bother me that the characters refer to it as red in the game.

I originally tried reading the LP on SomethingAwful until they archived it and the paywall was getting on my nerves. So I read it on LParchives and then watched the anime and then bought the game + a used Vita just to play it.

The anime really didn't do it justice. It stuck really well to the main story line I'll give it that but they rushed through a lot of things too. Mainly the investigation and trials. And it would have been nice to have some of the free time events in the anime.

As for my favorites: Chihiro, Ishimaru, and Sakura. I was going to say Monobear too but everybody loves Monobear 3nodding

Agreed
And ik, everyone loves Mono because he's so adorable....yet creepy rofl

Demonic Felis catus

12,625 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mage Class
The pink blood had to replace the red blood in the game to avoid censorship, and because the game became known for it's stylistic pink blood, I don't think they wanted to change it.

The anime was okay, but the game was paced slower and you got to interact with characters outside of the main plot. Also the animation wasn't very impressive, but both game and anime seemed relatively low budget so...

Ohh, i didn't think of that sweatdrop
And true, that's why I said the anime seemed kind of rushed, you didn't really have time to connect with the characters

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,925 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Juvia-Sama
Mage Class

Ohh, i didn't think of that sweatdrop
And true, that's why I said the anime seemed kind of rushed, you didn't really have time to connect with the characters

Yeah, in the beta video, you can see the blood is red, if you want to check it out. This is the first execution from the beta game.

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
Well it's not always easy making an Anime adaption to visual novels (for the kill off speed) the blood no idea, I have yet to actually watch / play but I know my younger sister has.. I'm planning to watch it eventually.

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The anime was okay. The game was great.

I haven't played the Zero Escape games, though.

Favorite character is definitely Chihiro. biggrin I like Ishimaru, Sakura, and Asahina a lot, too.

Beloved Shapeshifter

Sayuri-senpai
Suiseiten

The first in the Zero Escape series was actually released in 2009, where as the first iteration of Danganronpa was released 2010. 3nodding
Thanks, I wasn't sure on that part. sweatdrop Like I said, I was guessing because of the system. Then again, it doesn't help that 999 was exclusively DS at the time whereas Danganronpa was PSP, then remade for the Vita (or so I'm guessing because I've seen the Japanese version on Amazon for the PSP, but nothing for the English release).
I gave up on the anime after about three episodes, they rushed through it way too fast and nothing really made a ton of sense :c

Also they didn't even change the execution animations, smh I want to see my lovely characters getting brutalized in new ways

I guess it's mainly just a poor translation from the game for people who haven't/can't play it? I haven't seen too much of it obviously, but it seemed very disappointing, as I believe (and I totally may be wrong) it was made by the guy who did the Persona 4/Devil Survivor 2 anime adaptations, and DeSu2's anime was absolutely amazing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff