Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Prophet

I do have some chalk in my inventory, so that is a possibility for what I got from my tentacle too. But I wasn't paying that much attention. =

Aged Gaian

ninniku
I do have some chalk in my inventory, so that is a possibility for what I got from my tentacle too. But I wasn't paying that much attention. =

Well chalk can be obtained from daily chance and as a bonus craft. I do have the same problem of determining where I got this one so I didn't bother adding it on the eldritch drop for fear of miscount.

Loyal Gatekeeper

You can get Illiaster from Dark Matter.

Aged Gaian

WolvesGlare
You can get Illiaster from Dark Matter.

Thanks, now dark matter can produce two items, lapis lazuli and illiaster

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
I also received Ashes after crafting Lidlenovo.

Lunatic

16,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
From a design standpoint.... it probably is like this:

Craft Recipe:
Chance of bonus item (0.1-12%???)
Rarity of Item crafted (Set group of drops) OR Specific recipes assigned tags that denote group of bonus items or singular bonus item.
Specific Item crafted (+Bonus item to group of drops) (Using the grenade launcher as reference.)

Group of drops:
Philosopher's Cache items???
Store Alchemy items???
All items appear to be alchemy ingredients except the specific item bonuses. (like the grenade launcher?)

3rd potential outcome is:
Recipe is given:
Success: Standard success
Bonus Success: Standard success + bonus item (est 12%)
Critical Success: Standard success + rare bonus item (est 0.1%?)

Aged Gaian

Pheonix Fontaine
From a design standpoint.... it probably is like this:

Craft Recipe:
Chance of bonus item (0.1-12%???)
Rarity of Item crafted (Set group of drops) OR Specific recipes assigned tags that denote group of bonus items or singular bonus item.
Specific Item crafted (+Bonus item to group of drops) (Using the grenade launcher as reference.)

Group of drops:
Philosopher's Cache items???
Store Alchemy items???
All items appear to be alchemy ingredients except the specific item bonuses. (like the grenade launcher?)

3rd potential outcome is:
Recipe is given:
Success: Standard success
Bonus Success: Standard success + bonus item (est 12%)
Critical Success: Standard success + rare bonus item (est 0.1%?)

Interesting input. I'd like to know how you came up with the numbers? sweatdrop

Lunatic

16,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Sphyxia
stuff

12% is usually the odds on stuff like this (since people said about 1/10. It's usually a hair more than 10% chance.

And for something to be rare, it has to be less likely than 10% of the standard bonus, and that's usually how drops round out in other games. So it just settles about there when designers plot out numbers...

Mostly it's just educated guess combo random numbers.

Like, there can only be a few feasible ways to design it and those seem to be the best ways.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Pheonix Fontaine
Sphyxia
stuff

12% is usually the odds on stuff like this (since people said about 1/10. It's usually a hair more than 10% chance.

12.5% is exactly 1/8, so that's why that's common.

IRL Labtech

User Image

well, this happened to me earlier xD
User Image

however, i don't remember if it was consecutive fails or successes beforehand.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
I just got Honey Liqueur as a bonus item from crafting Ambrosia. I failed the craft once, and then succeeded on the second try and got the bonus item.

VSC_Heartz's Wife

Divine Defender

30,225 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
Okay I got my very first bonus item today
User Image
It was my second craft of this item in a row (Third in total, with three formulas between the first and last two.)
For the formula's done in a row it took two chances then I got the bonus item on a first craft success. I'm at level 7, was using this formula to level. If that helps any.
I crafted my first Uranium Biscuits (needed really many tries to get it) and once I successful crafted it I got one Harmless Spores sweatdrop

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
I'm curious: Is the level of the alchemist a factor at all at getting a bonus item? To clarify, are the majority of bonus items granted to those that are above the level of the formula or at the level of the formula?

Aged Gaian

Urd Tanzanite
I'm curious: Is the level of the alchemist a factor at all at getting a bonus item?

I tried pondering on it but have difficulty in "measuring" anything that correlates level.

Quote:

To clarify, are the majority of bonus items granted to those that are above the level of the formula or at the level of the formula?

From personal experience alone, I received plenty of bonus items after reaching level ten since I can craft many very low success rates without fails.

I did receive some bonus items while leveling (once)...

Though its too late, I hope the next reporters would tell their level when they received it so we can have some data on that too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff