Welcome to Gaia! ::

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

I don't really think it's fair that there are people getting warned for using the sexually suggestive items.

If you allow the artists to create these items, then you should fully be aware how far users will take using the items. It's just not fair that users are getting warned for using it.

Here's my suggestion....If we, as normal users, have certain guidelines to follow when making avatars, have the artist have the same ones as well. If not, don't hand out warnings when the great potential of having sexually suggestive avatars being around when there are items that initates it.

Mysterious Trickster

This... this is a huge a** can of worms. ::shakes head::

Alruna rose all over again.

Personally, I'd rather those sorts of items never be created ever again. Sadly, I know that won't happen.

BUT, I do agree with the OP.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

»»» Gaia really did it with these items. There is so much negative feedback on them that it's ridiculous. What were they even thinking though? I mean really.

" I did everything you asked! "

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Kain-Senpai

Personally, I'd rather those sorts of items never be created every again. Sadly, I know that won't happen.

Ah yes, the days of Alruna's Rose evolutions.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the items, but the thing that gets me is that they allow such items to get through knowing that users will use them in the same manner.

I understand if users get warned if that avi is way pass the level of sexualness that the item provides. However, if the avi and the item is on the same level, why should the users have to get warned when the item actually warrants it?

Mysterious Trickster

Toppaware
Kain-Senpai

Personally, I'd rather those sorts of items never be created every again. Sadly, I know that won't happen.

Ah yes, the days of Alruna's Rose evolutions.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the items, but the thing that gets me is that they allow such items to get through knowing that users will use them in the same manner.

I understand if users get warned if that avi is way pass the level of sexualness that the item provides. However, if the avi and the item is on the same level, why should the users have to get warned when the item actually warrants it?

Do as I say, not as I do.

At least, this is my guess.

I just hope there is enough negative backlash to give a wake-up call to the artist who not only created the item, but let the other artists know that this is unacceptable. There is a site dedicated to this s**t, and it's tenticl.com. That waste of internet.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I wonder if it would have made a difference if the default pose on the arm mod wasn't...well...that one
Because there's other ways to position the arms and they're not sexually suggestive, and even when the *OHSHITJOCKITCH* pose is in question, depending on your attire it could also not be a fenangling non-existent bits pose.

Copying this from the other thread, because I do like guidelines, and I'd like to have some general sense of consistency, but where do we start? How do we even start it?

Perversion, I feel is in the eye of the beholder on the nasty. That's the problem with these types of items, and it's super frustrating. What one perceives as lewd, one doesn't and even the explanations behind the appropriateness can leave both parties befuddled. I know for sure my first reaction seeing the pose was laughing cos it still looks like someone's got a wicked set of jock itch.

After all, these arm mods are not set in stone. You can move your hands around and get vastly different positions. I dicked around with it and using only three other items I managed to make my avi look like he had his hands on his hips or had a brainfart and trying to remember something. So no, it's not impossible to use that item, especially the arm mod, and have it be used other than explicit.
User Image

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

I made a thread about this myself already. I totally agree. Either don't make incredibly sexually suggestive items, or don't punish users for making incredibly sexually suggestive avatars with those items.

When users have to go out of their way to avoid making their avatars sexual just because of how sexualized an item is just so they don't get a warning, something is really wrong.

I mean, look at this avatar it is VERY perverted, and it is using nothing but that arm mod and a simple eye replacer mod. Is it the EYES making it perverted? Well, if you think so, then you probably need to go work for Gaia's staff.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Aperture Sentry Turret

»»» Gaia really did it with these items. There is so much negative feedback on them that it's ridiculous. What were they even thinking though? I mean really.

Like I said before, I personally don't have a problem with the item (well, it's more like I don't care for it since I don't have a use for it.)

There should really be a clear defination between the mods and the artists when something is too sexually suggestive by Gaia standards. I remember reading somewhere that what one mod seem as too sexual suggestive might not be so to another.

I think, to have a hive mind about what can and cannot pass, they need to have some sort of guidelines to see what is safe to do or not.

I'm not blaming the artist or anything. Hey, if they allow them to push the boundaries and not get told "hey, this is too much...tone it down" then they will continue to do it. This item won't definately be the last of it's kind unless there's a certain standard that they have to upkeep.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Toppaware
Aperture Sentry Turret
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7073/turretpost.png" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

Like I said before, I personally don't have a problem with the item (well, it's more like I don't care for it since I don't have a use for it.)

There should really be a clear defination between the mods and the artists when something is too sexually suggestive by Gaia standards. I remember reading somewhere that what one mod seem as too sexual suggestive might not be so to another.

I think, to have a hive mind about what can and cannot pass, they need to have some sort of guidelines to see what is safe to do or not.

I'm not blaming the artist or anything. Hey, if they allow them to push the boundaries and not get told "hey, this is too much...tone it down" then they will continue to do it. This item won't definately be the last of it's kind unless there's a certain standard that they have to upkeep.

»»» Personally, I DO have a problem with the items. I feel they're trashy and tasteless garbage that belong on Tentacl more than Gaia. And they're WAY too easy to make sexual, not that the poses, item names, and descriptions don't already do that well enough on their own.

I also find it really stupid that you can walk around with a female avatar that has a bare chest yet a panty bulge in a drawing is considered "inappropriate." Gaia's standards are really getting hypocritical and contradictory and it looks bad. Really, really bad.

It just feels like, ever since Tentacl opened, Gaia's "standards" have dropped severely. I remember the uproar about Alruna's Rose, and that item is so tame now compared to these (Kama and Punishing).

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Slick Southpaw
I wonder if it would have made a difference if the default pose on the arm mod wasn't...well...that one
Because there's other ways to position the arms and they're not sexually suggestive, and even when the *OHSHITJOCKITCH* pose is in question, depending on your attire it could also not be a fenangling non-existent bits pose.

Copying this from the other thread, because I do like guidelines, and I'd like to have some general sense of consistency, but where do we start? How do we even start it?

Perversion, I feel is in the eye of the beholder on the nasty. That's the problem with these types of items, and it's super frustrating. What one perceives as lewd, one doesn't and even the explanations behind the appropriateness can leave both parties befuddled. I know for sure my first reaction seeing the pose was laughing cos it still looks like someone's got a wicked set of jock itch.

After all, these arm mods are not set in stone. You can move your hands around and get vastly different positions. I dicked around with it and using only three other items I managed to make my avi look like he had his hands on his hips or had a brainfart and trying to remember something. So no, it's not impossible to use that item, especially the arm mod, and have it be used other than explicit.
User Image

I definately agree with this! You can make the arm mods not be so sexually suggestive if you decide to be creative with them.

Yea, it'll definately be hard to have some set of guidelines. This sort of thing is easier said than done. Maybe they can have some sort of majority rules situation when approving the item to be released? However, the people who do let the items through might have a different mindset from the mods. Then again, if the items get put through, do the mods have no choice but leave the people alone that uses the items in the way the artist suggest? Can they give a warning if the avatar goes beyond? It all boils down to personal opinion either way. Lose/lose situation I guess....

Tipsy Prophet

Kain-Senpai

I just hope there is enough negative backlash to give a wake-up call to the artist who not only created the item, but let the other artists know that this is unacceptable. There is a site dedicated to this s**t, and it's tenticl.com. That waste of internet.

let me direct you to this post.

TLDR;; don't blame the artists. don't blame the artists.
they are not the ones who greenlit all these sexual items. someone from higher up on the ladder told them what, how, and by when to do it. the artists are not the ones who decided it was appropriate and single-handedly released it.

if you blame the artists, the backslash will him THEM, instead of someone of a higher position.
you know what happens when Gaia loses even more artists? lime green lucie and quarter-assed items. they're already rushed and understaffed. don't blame the artists. they're the easiest to fire and will probably receive the short end of the stick.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Aperture Sentry Turret

»»» Personally, I DO have a problem with the items. I feel they're trashy and tasteless garbage that belong on Tentacl more than Gaia. And they're WAY too easy to make sexual, not that the poses, item names, and descriptions don't already do that well enough on their own.

I also find it really stupid that you can walk around with a female avatar that has a bare chest yet a panty bulge in a drawing is considered "inappropriate." Gaia's standards are really getting hypocritical and contradictory and it looks bad. Really, really bad.

It just feels like, ever since Tentacl opened, Gaia's "standards" have dropped severely. I remember the uproar about Alruna's Rose, and that item is so tame now compared to these (Kama and Punishing).

And I respect your opinion. Not everyone will takt the same thing the same way.

I just wish that everyone (well, the mods and the people who approves the items) are on the same page about these things because, from the lookds of it, they're clearly not.

Mysterious Trickster

Dragon - tis me
Kain-Senpai

let me direct you to this post.

TLDR;; don't blame the artists. don't blame the artists.
they are not the ones who greenlit all these sexual items. someone from higher up on the ladder told them what, how, and by when to do it. the artists are not the ones who decided it was appropriate and single-handedly released it.

if you blame the artists, the backslash will him THEM, instead of someone of a higher position.
you know what happens when Gaia loses even more artists? lime green lucie and quarter-assed items. they're already rushed and understaffed. don't blame the artists. they're the easiest to fire and will probably receive the short end of the stick.

You know, I honestly don't know who is to blame for allowing the item to be created. I'm saying, if there is enough backslash to send a message, perhaps this s**t won't happen again.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Toppaware

I definately agree with this! You can make the arm mods not be so sexually suggestive if you decide to be creative with them.

Yea, it'll definately be hard to have some set of guidelines. This sort of thing is easier said than done. Maybe they can have some sort of majority rules situation when approving the item to be released? However, the people who do let the items through might have a different mindset from the mods. Then again, if the items get put through, do the mods have no choice but leave the people alone that uses the items in the way the artist suggest? Can they give a warning if the avatar goes beyond? It all boils down to personal opinion either way. Lose/lose situation I guess....
lol I don't know if it's so much as creative as changing hands or wearing something other than panties rofl

Anyhow, I would like management to at the very least say "oh hay we changed policies a bit on avatar glitches and such" via staff notices. I mean, even with majority of items...it's just...shoot, there's really no good answer for this, is there? xd

I just want a general avatar policy update to be announceeeeeed. Hopefully with the release of this item and the general shitstorm occurring it will become enough of a priority that admin will do a staff notices thingy.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Toppaware
I just wish that everyone (well, the mods and the people who approves the items) are on the same page about these things because, from the lookds of it, they're clearly not.

»»» Precisely. It's painfully obvious that everyone's on a different page and that's causing a lot of confusion within the userbase because one person says yes, another says no.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces