Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am 24 years old and absolutely in love.
I have come to a point in my life where my health is of the up-most importance.
I want to get married and have a baby.
However, I can not do any of this with the current state of my body.

My boyfriend of 2 1/2 years is being deployed. He is a US Navy Sailor.
For his safety and the safety of his shipmates I can not say when, where, or for how long.
I have the better part of a year to drop the weight and become healthy before he returns.

When we talked about marriage and children and what the next step was for our relationship my man brought a very solid argument to the table.
"How am I supposed to love you for the rest of my life if you are not alive for the rest of my life?"
Touche' good Sir.
and then I asked myself this "would I be happy to squeeze this body into a plus sized wedding gown and then refuse to have my picture taken on my wedding day?" fallowed by "would I ever even think of trying to carry a child in this body, risking not only my health, but my child's health as well?"

So yes, I have some very strong motivation for this quest- however I lack the information, and the will-power. I see these workout videos and people say to just go for a jog but honestly I am not even at that point yet.

I currently weigh 243lbs. My range of motion is horrible. I wake up with aches and pains and go to bed with aches and pains. Very rarely do I ever physically exert myself.

So where do I start? I'm not ready to run I know that my knees would buckle and I would be in a world of pain. Some suggested yoga I might start there... I just need more information about it.

Here I will track my weight loss and include pictures for my journey. Feel free to post any motivation, or information you may have but please refrain from making critical comments.
Sweetie, no. Just no. talk2hand

If you want to make a lifestyle change, you need to be making the change for YOU, not for a man who holds the promise of a life together hostage over your weight. You need to want better for yourself - not better for him or better for future possible children. You deserve to be with someone who loves you regardless of your weight. Through sickness and through health isn't just about cancer or car accidents. stressed

Your first real step needs to be getting your thinking straight. You need to be able to love yourself with and without the weight, and you need to be with someone who is able to love you with and without the weight. Once you're able to do that, then you can take the next step to making the lifestyle changes you need to make. sweatdrop

But diet and exercise alone aren't enough.
You need to be doing this for you.
You can't let your future be determined by someone who refuses to love you the way you are.
Because a time may come in the future when that weight comes back and you're not able to shed it again - and if that happens, you need to be with someone who will love and respect you regardless of how much you weigh. heart

I wish you the best of luck in your quest.
I sincerely hope you have a happy ending.
But from what you've said, I worry about you and your reasons for doing this.
And I worry about your future when your reasons are being dictated by someone else. cry

5,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
I started by just walking and eating better.
I lost 60lbs after I started jogging.
Unfortunatly, I got married and gained those pounds right back.

Staying on a healthy eating plan (Don't go carb free, trust me i've learned my lesson).
Start walking to the end of the block, then start setting your goals further out.
Soon you'll be jogging and doing other things you've never done before.

It's about saying: "Ya, I screwed up but I'm going to do better the rest of the day"

Cause' trust me, I screwed up and now I have to start over again- but I can't beat myself up over and over for what I did wrong.

Goodluck!

:3

Eternal Seeker

Kaia Topaz
whee

Good luck!

Bangtan Boys's Waifu

Naughty Shoujo

I wish you luck!
First you can start by going to the doctor and checking out those pains. Maybe he could give you something to treat them while you start exercising. Second, start by doing slow exercise like walking then when you can you can continue with jogging. And third you need a healthy diet. Not those extreme ones. Just eat healthier. More fruits and veggies <3 I hope this helps
Hi! I've just recently gotten past the beginner phase of working out and eating healthy.

I think the biggest step that I took in the beginning was finding a routine. You don't need to run at first, or even exercise a lot. Just try adding stretching in the morning and evening, every single day, no matter what your schedule is. If you can do that for three to four weeks, you should be rid of a lot of the aching and flexible enough to start exercising! After that you should be used to the feeling of doing something too (I know just doing it is the hardest part sometimes).

Another thing is cutting back at the grocery store. Purposefully try to make your cart look healthy, with lots of fruits and vegetables. Don't make it impossible though; it's okay to have ranch dressing with your carrots or a little bit of cheese with your broccoli. Just ask yourself what will keep you content, yet not feeling guilty. It's also good to go for "lite" products.

One more diet-related thing is to cut ALL drinks aside from water and milk and some tea. Fruit juice isn't actually healthy without the fibers and proteins that fruit offers. If you're a regular soda/sweet coffee drinker, doing this could easily half your sugar intake.

I wish you the best of luck! You can absolutely do this. The first step is STARTING every single day. If you do that, you'll always be on track to push harder and move further.

Dapper Ladykiller

I want to share this video with anyone who reads this thread.

I watch it nearly every time before I go to the gym, as this woman's dedication is something that can only inspire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5FkshLcNLQ

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces