Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gatekeeper

11,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200

Not sure if this is the proper forum but if it's not, please move the thread.

Ever since I got my first shooter (Metroid Prime) I've been that kind of person who takes a challenge in any game and plays the hardest way possible. For example:

Halo: ALWAYS Legendary on campaign, Spartan Ops, or firefight on survival. I also tend to get the campaign challenges done for the heck of it, which always includes a LASO challenge.
Minecraft: Superflat Survival on hard difficulty or (if on regular survival) Iron-Man mode; I leave the autosave on in case it freezes or power goes out.
... and pretty much any other game I do on the hardest difficulty possible without tutorials if I can avoid it.
I'm also the type that will be naturally aggressive and manipulating (i.e. controlling spawn points) during online matches.

Anyways, whenever I invite a friend to play with me they always either rage quite, complain, or make up an excuse, making it very hard to find somebody who wants to play with me, even if they are on my team.

Should I tone it down?

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Should you tone it down? No. All your friends need to "git gud".

Aged Gatekeeper

11,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
XBalmung

There are a few but they hardly get on the games I enjoy. Everyone who plays the games I like daily take their play easy.

I'm competitive by nature, so I can't help inputting my best and 'training' myself.

emotion_facepalm

Wheezing Gekko

Now play Dark Souls II without lighting bonfires or dying.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Galicae
XBalmung

There are a few but they hardly get on the games I enjoy. Everyone who plays the games I like daily take their play easy.

I'm competitive by nature, so I can't help inputting my best and 'training' myself.

emotion_facepalm

You just need to train them. Create an army of good, competitive players. Just don't be the guy who yells like the 12 year old kids on CoD. talk2hand

Aged Gatekeeper

11,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
XBalmung
Galicae
XBalmung

emotion_facepalm

You just need to train them. Create an army of good, competitive players. Just don't be the guy who yells like the 12 year old kids on CoD. talk2hand

Nah, I don't rage much. IF I need to, I mute my mic because nobody needs to hear me venting.

I might be tryhard according to others but I'm also respectful.

As for 12 year old I automatically mute them because 100% of them...

A: Hardly know how to play
B: Have a heckuva lot of background noise
C: Shouldn't be playing M-rating games in the first place.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Galicae
XBalmung
Galicae
XBalmung

emotion_facepalm

Nah, I don't rage much. IF I need to, I mute my mic because nobody needs to hear me venting.

Oh good. Rare to see respectful players nowadays.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Toqger

Don't forget to add in that you must be Deprived class, not allowed to use armor, dagger only. Otherwise it's too easy.

Aged Gatekeeper

11,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
XBalmung
Galicae
XBalmung
Galicae
XBalmung

emotion_facepalm

Oh good. Rare to see respectful players nowadays.

I know. Most similar people travel in groups, control the map perfectly, then after the game ends they insult the other team for being terrible.

No s***. emotion_facepalm

Wheezing Gekko

XBalmung
Toqger

Don't forget to add in that you must be Deprived class, not allowed to use armor, dagger only. Otherwise it's too easy.
Nah. Not lighting bonfires without dying seems like it'd be rough as is.

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I had a roommate I used to game with. We were fairly equal, although I was a slight bit better. Eventually, I got a lot better and had to lighten up a bit for him. We were talking about it one day and I told him about me toning it down that it, "keeps you in the game." He got so pissed when I said that to him. xd Sometimes the truth hurts. lol
XBalmung
Toqger

Don't be foolish. Magic-based class, shield only run. You are not allowed to use any Humanity to get allies to help you.

As for the actual topic, I'd just say to loosen up a bit whenever you play with your friends. Tone it down a bit so you don't curb stomp them all the time, unless they resort to spamming something. If they spam anything, it's a sign that you should go all out on them.

Aged Gatekeeper

11,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
Heartlesswithaheart
XBalmung
Toqger

Don't be foolish. Magic-based class, shield only run. You are not allowed to use any Humanity to get allies to help you.

As for the actual topic, I'd just say to loosen up a bit whenever you play with your friends. Tone it down a bit so you don't curb stomp them all the time, unless they resort to spamming something. If they spam anything, it's a sign that you should go all out on them.

When I actually don't do much when it comes to versing them; I like to have any friends as allies.

KosmosOmega's Significant Otter

Vicious Warlord

10,475 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Haha I sort of have the same problem trying to convince my friends to play against me in fighters. They like them but play them much more casually while I just try to get as good as possible. I usually play as people other than my main(s) to at least level the playing field some, then go back to them after a few games.

It's really just up to you though. Do you want to play as you usually do, getting the most challenge out of it as you can? Or is it more important to you that you just have a good time playing with friends?

Lightbringer

Ultimately it's your own choice. If people just wanna play and have some fun, and I'm better at the game than them, I'll often hold back because it's like whatever. If they want a challenge, or in a coop game they are really fighting to win, then I would go all out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff