Welcome to Gaia! ::

lubs u

<3! 0.7 70.0% [ 7 ]
</3 0.3 30.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 10 ]
1 2 >

Familiar Friend

★☆

Super excited for ArcheAge to have its official release!
Is anyone planning on playing it or heard of it?
Or maybe even in the alpha currently?~
cat_surprised

I'm looking to make a guild over there and I figure it isn't too early to start, aha.
In which case, I should probably hop on back to TERA temporarily, mayhaps~
@o@

~Lubs

Familiar Friend

★☆

da mayoral life

~Lubs

Werewolf

Currently playing (fooling around) on the alpha server.

Familiar Friend

Windsical Rose

★☆

Ooh, how are you liking it?
Do you like sandbox MMOs?
cat_whee

I'm on the alpha as well as 'Pandayne', but I have not had time to play due to final papers~

~Lubs

Familiar Friend

★☆

emotion_bigheart

~Lubs

Familiar Friend

★☆

~Lubs

Werewolf

Lubs
Windsical Rose

★☆

Ooh, how are you liking it?
Do you like sandbox MMOs?
cat_whee

I'm on the alpha as well as 'Pandayne', but I have not had time to play due to final papers~

~Lubs

It's not a sandbox mmo as advertised, it's more like a sandpark. (half sandbox/half themepark)

There's a few things within the game that I don't like, races are faction locked early on up until I think lv 50. So if you have friends that all want to play different races, it's a bit of an issue. However once you create your own faction, it's basically your faction vs everyone.

You can also attack your own faction & guildmates, which kinda strange. Even though I understand it's a pvp-base game, it's still strange.

Since land plots for farming and houses are limited, it might suck for the first few months for anyone whose not a founder that purchases sub during the actual live launch whose looking for land that's not in a pvp zone.

Otherwise the game is quite my liking, the physics in this game are quite fun to watch at times.

Familiar Friend

Windsical Rose

It's not a sandbox mmo as advertised, it's more like a sandpark. (half sandbox/half themepark)

There's a few things within the game that I don't like, races are faction locked early on up until I think lv 50. So if you have friends that all want to play different races, it's a bit of an issue. However once you create your own faction, it's basically your faction vs everyone.

You can also attack your own faction & guildmates, which kinda strange. Even though I understand it's a pvp-base game, it's still strange.

Since land plots for farming and houses are limited, it might suck for the first few months for anyone whose not a founder that purchases sub during the actual live launch whose looking for land that's not in a pvp zone.

Otherwise the game is quite my liking, the physics in this game are quite fun to watch at times.

★☆

Ah, that makes sense. I like how it's constantly under development, and how they are really trying to be a sandbox with theme park elements to move things along. I was a really big fan of EVE in terms of the concept and the world, but it ended up feeling like a beautiful screensaver to me at times.

Then I look at TERA and I loved how action packed it was (especially the random skirmishes and user-stories that would occur) and how they implemented a political system, and how they constantly update with events.

I became really interested in archeage due to the potential for sandbox and the support they have (personal relationships/friendship referrals to me, fan base, developers in Trion and XL, international success) as opposed to something I was originally even more interested in (such as Mortal Online).

I think the attacking your own faction thing makes sense in terms of sandbox due to the freedom people have in terms of spying, killing, being a pirate, etc. Odder in terms of guild mates, but if I continue with my previous logic, it would still apply.

The faction locking does suck though if you want to be different races on different continents but want to party together, but wasn't it the same with WoW and Horde//Alliance anyway? I think even EVE had a similar limitation, although it was much easier to travel than WoW. What do you mean by create your own faction and be your faction versus everyone though? Do you mean like being a pirate or having your own guild?

In terms of land plots, I was reading about it as I was thinking a similar thing, and it seems that the "premium" plots such as those by the beach or those that would be safer / more profitable would be filled up for sure, but there were tons of other plots that likely would have space (e.g. northern continent, deserted islands, less profitable areas in the fields/mountain areas)

~Lubs

Familiar Friend

★☆

~Lubs

Familiar Friend

★☆

~Lubs

Shirtless Genius

i am currently on the alpha smile

Tipsy Gawker

I've only recently been looking at ArcheAge (~2 days).
There is one thing that might be a deal breaker for me but I'm not sure if it's true or not, so i was hoping you guys could share some light on it...
Is it true you can camp people and then steal the loot they are carrying?
Will there be a flag-system so that when you go into a pvp area, that has gathering resources or quests, you can't engage?

My friends had me join their WoW PvP server and yeah... as a result I can't even begin to describe how much I hate WoW. Proving first impressions matter. I'm not interested in a game where I can't gather a resource or do quests because some higher lvl douchebag keeps ganking me.

Eternal Lunatic

12,900 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
hoping that the hubby and i can afford to start alpha this week eeeeeeeeeeeee

Blessed Poster

ll dell Orso ll
I've only recently been looking at ArcheAge (~2 days).
There is one thing that might be a deal breaker for me but I'm not sure if it's true or not, so i was hoping you guys could share some light on it...
Is it true you can camp people and then steal the loot they are carrying?
Will there be a flag-system so that when you go into a pvp area, that has gathering resources or quests, you can't engage?

Don't remember the exact terms but I'll sum it up. Also the game has a crime system where thieves and murders when killed go to trial at a certain point a person gets moved to the pirate faction which is at odds with the other 2 factions.

Zones are broken into safe (level 30 and below zones) and conflict/war. 31 and higher zones have a war/peace cycle that means no ganking during peace but free during war. But if you attack someone of another faction in your safe zone, you become flagged and they can kill you.

There is no looting of players gear/loot but you will drop any Trade Packages you have and they can take those. Also anything you plant/build in those war/conflict zones can be destroyed or looted. You don't lose any of your gear, gold, or anything like that.

Quote:
My friends had me join their WoW PvP server and yeah... as a result I can't even begin to describe how much I hate WoW. Proving first impressions matter. I'm not interested in a game where I can't gather a resource or do quests because some higher lvl douchebag keeps ganking me.

I have to say, you sound like a carebear player. AA most likely will not interest you because it is heavily focused on OWPvP.

Familiar Friend

★☆

oh i need to respond to peoples
x3

~Lubs

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items