Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

It was as he feared. Her advice couldn't be anything but contradictory without knowing the sitation. There was no room for multiple attempts. There was no room for failure. If he was going to change things it would have to be a decisive and brutal blow. There was no need to let the Priestess in on that. She was already quite brave. Confiding in him her own story and that his taking her life would be no less frightening than what her body threatened her with on a regular basis. Even as useless as her affirmations were, they set him at ease. How horribly despicable. The words rang in his ears. He'd always sought the comforts of a woman in tough times. Emery had chastised him for it, calling him weak to feminine wiles.

It was true though. The gentleness of their expressions and the ones that were willing to listen and weave waterfalls of reassuring words were relaxing. The brought peace directly into his clouded heart. Even though he new deep down he was just as bad as he imagined, hearing someone else deny it so firmly was a wonderful escape. How he wished what she said about him was true. In the end he only knew one way to solve problems though. Taking parts. Taking lives. He was no better than Emery. He understood people's feelings towards her. Their fear. He could empathize with them. Looking at her was like looking into the darkest and filthiest parts of his own soul. Those same things that others tried os desperately to hide, she wore at face value.

He leaned his head into her hand as she cupped his cheek and moved his fingers over her. "I really want to be the person you see me as. I want to face those skeletons one day. Could you really stand by my side, no matter how dark it gets?" How he longed to pull her into his arms and derive the physical comforts that came with a woman's touch as well as her strong words. As cruel as it was, he could use her unwavering faith to justify murder. Killing Emery, ending her before she had the chance to end anyone else, was not defense. He wouldn't stoop to her level of seeing human lives as an expendable resource. No matter what the reason, taking a life was murder.

He wished he'd understood that sooner. If he'd gotten it as a young boy he could have whisked her away. Maybe he could have kept Ylaine. Prevented Emery. The monster she'd become was his demon to bear. He'd brought her out of her sheltered life. His fingertips traced from the back of the priestess' hand and down her arm until his hand rested firmly but gently against her shoulder. His other arm snaked it's way behind her back and he pulled her close to him. "Please, I need you to believe in me." His voice was weak. As sketchy his motives were, he needed an ally. He'd always reveled in having comrades. Viewing Emery as an enemy though meant he had no one else. All he could do was try to share the weight of his tainted soul with the overly accepting priestess and think of a solid plan to defeat his last family member.

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Church

Ҁompany Temperance

ɱood Fragile

ϯhoughts ...

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxG O xx A H E A D xx A N D xx H A T E xx Y O U R xx N E I G H B O R
xxxxxgo ahead⋮❖ and cheat a friend do it in the ( name of heaven )
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYOU CAN JUSTIFY IT IN THE END THERE WON'T BE ANY TRUMPETS
xxxxxxxxxxx▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
xxxx♛》BLOWING COME ! THE J.UDGEMENT DAY;
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━ x on x the x bloody x morning x after x one x tin x soldier x runs x away x ━━━━

User Image
                    Temperance was silently relieved when he finally spoke up, and she was glad that he’d at least been listening to her rambling. She was even more pleased when he seemed to open up a little more himself opening up and showing a vulnerable need that she knew every person had, no matter how strong they tried to be.
                    “I told you I would, didn’t I?” she inclined gently, the smile on her lips a encouraging and hopeful. “I can’t promise that I won’t get scared, but I’ll be there if you need me to be.” She tried to ignore the fact that she still didn’t even know this gentleman’s name. Of course, that made no difference; her role as a priestess was to be there to support those who came to her in times of need, and her very personality dictated that she wouldn’t abandon somebody who turned to her looking for help.

She was startled when he suddenly pulled her towards himself, wrapping an arm around her and bringing her into a proximity she was hardly accustomed to. Warning bells rang out in the back of her mind, reason warning her away from this kind of person, but she ignored them without a second thought.
                    “I do believe you,” she responded, relaxing in his grasp after a moment of hesitation. “I really don’t think that you’re a bad person, and I also believe that one day you’ll be able to face what haunts you. And I’ll help you when that time comes,” she hummed a soothing sound, running her thumb over his cheek and smiling warmly at him. “More importantly, I’ll stand by you until that time comes. I’d hardly be a good person, let alone a good priestess, if I abandoned you just because you’re not ready now. Everything takes time, and patience.

“Sir,”
                    she continued, moving her hand down to his chest — mostly to keep the little space that was between them present. “Maybe we should..?” Her face flushed a little as she cleared her face, still not exactly comfortable with the physical closeness. Of course, unable to finish the sentence, it could be a little misleading. “We are in a church,” she continued in a smaller voice, her eyes dropping down and to the side as she did a surprisingly good job at keeping her voice steady. “So…”

xxxxxx
                    xxxxxxxxxxx L.OCATION⋮ ( ZAMIA )( CHURCH ) xx C.OMPANY⋮ RANDO xx A.TTIRE⋮ SERENE

Merlin The Mage
                    ( OOC ) n/a

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image
                                                      Location : Town Square - Firefly Festival (TUNILLA)[indent]Company : Nadya, Rowena

Gosh, how long has it been since he had last seen Nadya? The woman really hadn’t changed from her apologetic and polite self whatsoever. Memories of Kudamono Town and the time he spent with her there came flooding back as he watched Rowena fawn over her: first seeing her at the inn receptionist’s desk, smiling and glittering in her blue jewelry; cooking a meal with her in the kitchen; her soaked, silver hair clinging to her back as she sat in the fountain, the lights of fireworks playing off the contours of her wet shoulders and face; standing in front of an especially girly selection of drapes while she ran to and fro excitedly, adding more to the pile that Roi was already weighed under; the melodic jingle of the bells she wore around her ankles; her tears upon hearing that he was leaving soon; her distress as her overprotective brother bore over her--

"Roooi, can we keep her??" Shaken out of his daze by Rowena’s exclamation, Roi blinked at her and chuckled. ”That’s up to the lass if she does’nae mind bein’ fawned over like yer doin’ now!” And Nadya actually didn’t seem to mind it too much. Her initial surprise at Rowena’s gesture melted into embarrassment, and she shyly returned the hug before dedicating her attention to responding to Roi.

For Roi, his relationship with her brother Mihai was problematic from the moment they first met in the inn, and things never got easier or even remotely resolved. The other man only viewed the redhead as a threat to his sister, a sketchy man that would only hurt the woman. Over the course of the year, he would go to (sometimes disturbing and) great lengths to make sure the two remained separated as much as possible. Whenever the two were alone he would then to mar Roi’s image in Nadya’s eyes, doing what he could to try to convince her that the traveler was someone to be avoided and scorned. To hear that her brother reverted immediately back to his old ways after Roi had left made his insides seethe with rage.

Anger was an emotion that did not come easily or often to Roi, and it made him loathe Mihai all the more for being able to elicit such an unpleasant emotion out of him. The conclusion of Nadya’s story with the man following his sister like some kind of vulture certainly was not helping, and while the redhead managed to keep his expression controlled for the most part his brow still furrowed, betraying his irritation. Nadya seemed to have taken this as ire directed towards her, and his expression quickly softened into embarrassment as he quickly tried to reassure her.

”Nae, I’m not upset with ye at all, lass! … Well...”[ He paused. ”Maybe just a wee bit. After all, what did I tell ye about travelin’ alone? It’s a bad idea!” After a brief pause, Roi bit his lip when he realized he was being just a huge hypocrite now. He traveled alone, didn’t he? ”... But I suppose if I can do it, so can ye,” he relented with an apologetic look, but quickly adopted a more stern expression again. ”Though the difference between us would be years o’ experience, and I got Ulysses and Maizler with me. Look, I’m not lookin’ t’make ye skip town! I’m… I’m just...” He sighed heavily, passing a hand through his messy hair before letting it drop limply to his side.

”I guess I’m just upset t’hear that yer brother did’nae change a single bit.” A small smile touched his lips again, and he reached out to cup Nadya’s cheek in his hand, gently coaxing her head up to look at him again. ”But trust me, I’m very, very happy t’see ye again, safe and sound.” Safe for the time being, anyway. Roi resisted the urge to glance over at Ylaine again. ”Now ye got a bunch of yer own stories t’tell me, just like a true adventurer or bard! Come along, lass, ye must be hungry and thirsty from all that walkin’ ye did!”

Emu Avian

Kathryn Anon

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image[indent]Location : Town Square Outskirts (TUNILLA)[indent]Company : Eyra[indent]

If there were at least a dozen more people around, Ethne could have fooled herself into thinking she was back in the big, busy and bustling city. There, hundreds of people milled about on the streets and sidewalks, occasionally rubbing shoulders or bumping into each other in the case of the more distracted. While these forms of contact on the streets was always jarring to the woman and her thoughts, she had grown tolerant of them enough to let them pass without second thought. There were justifiable, after all; when you have such large numbers of bodies passing each other at every second, collisions were bound to happen.

However, this sudden offense was simply not excusable. Eyra had been moving quite fast when she bumped into Ethne, and the ravenette stumbled a little before quickly regained her footing. After a pause in which she seemed to process what just happened, she turned her head, her cold, dark-grey gaze meeting the brunette’s green ones.

The brunette who had bumped into her.

Her, a solitary woman.

In the middle of a street.

An empty street.

"I'm so sorry! I really need to watch where I am going." ”An accurate observation,” Ethne replied cooly, straightening her clothes. This girl… she looked familiar. While she bore the same brown hair that the girl at the night of the mysterious winged man’s brief appearance, Ethne did not get a good enough look at her face to safely draw such solid conclusions. Besides, there was a fair number of women with long brown hair. It could be any of them. However, the way that this woman was examining her like she was some foreign substance made her… rather suspicious.

Bah. While going off a gut feeling can produce remarkably accurate results with no scientific or logical explanation to it, Ethne was never one to come to concrete conclusions based off of how her entrails twinged if she could help it. After scrutinizing Eyra for a moment longer, she stepped aside, indicating with a small gesture for the other woman to move along. ”Please do try to be more careful. Do not let me hold you back now, though.” Without waiting to see if the other woman would comply and continue on her way, Ethne began walking in the direction of the festival. There was much to be observed and many questions to be asked while the night was still young.

Merlin the Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Well the woman certainly wasn't very friendly. "I really am sor-" She had already begun to walk off. That was all right. Maybe she'd cheer up because of all the lanterns. The cold attitude was definitely familiar. Eyra had more pressing places to be, places she wanted to be. She'd just apologize again the next time she saw her. Taking a few steps towards her destination,s he stopped and turned again. She looked a little different, but she'd never seen Adriane dressed up. A grin stretched across her face. Maybe the sheriff had a date too. "Bye-bye, Miss Adriane, and have fun! You look really cute!" The farm hand shouted to words so the mistaken lady she'd bumped into would be able to hear. Without awaiting a response, she continued on her way. Her dash from earlier had dissipated a bit as she sought to be careful with not running into everyone else.

Standing outside the row house, she felt as ease. She hadn't seen Swallow in a few days. Work and helping the mayor along with the wedding had kept her quite busy.

Ask him.

"No, that'd only trouble him. He's already done so much for me. I can't." Despite the voice trying to coerce her into making her visit into a date, Eyra couldn't just shove that on the wizard. Stepping inside, she made her way down to his room and knocked on the door, swiveling her toes against the floor a bit. The guilt for not stop in began to build with each step she'd taken. When he finally answered the door, her eyes were stung with tears. "I'm SO sorry!" Eyra sniffled.

"I ended up helping the mayor a bunch to set up the festival and then I always go so sleepy. I know I should've toughed it out to come and visit! I'm such an idiot!" Wiping her eyes, she scolded herself.

I really wanted to make the festival pretty for you, Xiao~

Her face flushed a bright red and she shook her head vigorously.

You could always tell him about the letters~

"I'd rather do the first thing!" Realizing she'd answered aloud, she clapped a hand over her mouth and diverted her gaze. If she told him she had a sentient voice in her head he'd really think she was crazy.

- Memories_Chained -

The musical Gerudo

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Rowhouse [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Xiao [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Scared [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / Darn it. [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

She so graciously accepted him. Promising to stand by his side, even if just to fit her role. Her small hand moved up to his chest and her face grave way to the slight discomfort. Reservations she played off as the location. Taking and unsteady breath, he gave her a small smile, moving his face to her ear. "Vincent." He rarely told anyone that name. Only Ylaine and Adriane and maybe the mayor if the sheriff had spoken of him by that name. He wanted the priestess to know it. He wanted Vincent to be the one to kill his sister. It had more meaning that way. It wouldn't just be another job. How would she react when he went through with it. If he even succeeded, would she vouch for him at his trial?

"And it's fine. No one will come. It's a festival after all." His words were softer as he brought his face away again to look in her eyes. He had never been good at reading people. Not like Emery, but she didn't directly protect his advances and the gentle trepidation was easily the anticipation of comforting a complete stranger. "I'll be gentle…" He leaned forward a bit and brought his lips against hers, kissing her firmly. It was then he realize something was wrong. She completely froze. His eyes which ha had closed for the kiss shot open and he pulled away, holding her at arms length by the shoulders.

"N-no ******** way." She'd been so unknowingly intimate, a behavior that indicated comfort with the opposite sex. His gaze glazed over. "You're a, a virgin?" Rando swallowed hard. He'd confided his name and story in a woman that would offer him no comfort. Worse, he'd divulged far more in the manner of details than he originally intended Standing up, he began to pace back and forth. [********, ********. Just, forget everything I said." There was no way he could win if he was so unobservant, so easily distressed. "How old are you even? I can't possibly let you stand by me" He was so screwed. If the priestess even breathed word of the things he'd said and it made it around to Emery…she'd kill him. She wouldn't hesitate as he did. Running his hand through his hair, he cursed again. It didn't have the same effect with two fingers missing.

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Church

Ҁompany Temperance

ɱood Freaked Out

ϯhoughts s**t!

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image
LOCATION:: festival groundsxxxCOMPANY:: roi && rowena xxxPROFILExxxOUTFIT

Nadya smiled shyly at Rowena, her expression alight with joy when the girl agreed to become her friend. Well, that was a good start. And certainly not as difficult as she’d been worried it would be. After all, the only friend she’d ever made had started out as one of her customers and it could probably be considered a fluke that they even became close; aside from Roi, Mihai had really been the only person Nadya had come to really know in her life. The idea of making new friends sent her buzzing with optimistic energy, and there was a joyful twinkle in her vivid eyes as she smiled brightly at Rowena.
                                                              “I don’t mind,” she responded shyly, tugging at a strand of hair that hung over her shoulders in a nervous habit. “I’m really glad, I’d love to be your friend,” she insisted in an equally excited tone, stifling a laugh as she gave Rowena a friendly squeeze around the shoulders before turning her attention back to Roi.

Nadya’s expression warped without reserves to show exactly how she felt; relief when he said he wasn’t mad, distress when he changed his mind and said he was upset with her, guilt when he scolded her, hopeful joy when he finally gave in and confessed Mihai was the source of his anxiety. As much as she adored her brother, she was rather glad to use him as a scapegoat now. She happily nuzzled her face into his hand, not for the first time, and smiled softly up at him.
                                                              “There’s really not much to tell,” she insisted with a giggle. “I had to get over my stage fright, since I got by with street performing, but otherwise it really wasn’t eventful! I met many lovely people, though,” she added with a pleasant laugh. “Owners of taverns and inns would sometimes give me free board and food if I performed at their establishments that day, which definitely made it much easier! I think my voice has gotten steadier, though,” she informed proudly, with a smile to match. “Singing for others is very different from singing alone in the bath.”

When he brought up food she initially moved to reject, but her stomach let out a growl that surprised her greatly. When was the last time she’d eaten?
                                                              “Ah, it has been a day,” she noted with a surprised blink. “I guess that I was just so excited that I forgot to eat before I left,” she explained sheepishly. “You are not an easy man to follow, Roi MacAoidh,” she noted in a stern tone, though it was mostly to hide her embarrassment as she turned her burning face away. “I should have some coins left from the last town, though. This seems to be a festival? I came at a good time,” she grinned, remembering the first time they’d gone out together. The fireworks festival had been one to remember. After all, she’d spent it sitting in the fountain with him at her side. And, to correct you, I sprinted the last leg of it,” she teased before lunging into another hug, holding him close. “I was starting to doubt you’d stay in one place long enough for me to find you at all!”

Emu Avian

The musical Gerudo

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxG O xx A H E A D xx A N D xx H A T E xx Y O U R xx N E I G H B O R
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━ x on x the x bloody x morning x after x one x tin x soldier x runs x away x ━━━━

User Image
                    “Vincent,” she responded softly, smiling gently as she committed the name to memory. “I think that’s a very good name,” she noted, though she wasn’t entirely sure why she said it. It sounded painfully cliché, even to her, but it had really fallen through her lips before she’d thought anything of it. And, realizing that, she blushed a little with embarrassment. Honestly, she could say the oddest things some times!

She was broken out of her little bubble of chaotic panic by his voice, and his deep blue eyes caught hers and held her firmly in place. Temperance honestly couldn’t say why, but she was so torn; torn between running away and between staying right there, with him. It was confusing and she couldn’t say she had any experience with the conflicting instincts. Wait, gentle? Gentle with what?! Temperance hadn’t even noticed the advancement until his lips pressed against hers and she went as rigid as a board. Wait, what!? What in the world was going on!? His question brought more blood to her head than was supposed to be there; her entire face turned crimson at the bluntness of it all.

“W-well yes, but what in the world does that have to —” she buried her face in her hands, trying to hide her embarrassment. Somehow a kiss and having CPR performed on her were two totally different things. She had to bring her hands down to steady herself against the pew, her breathing coming in small shallow breaths as she forced herself to calm down. Her heart was pounding against her chest, and that was bad. Breathe, Temperance, breathe. Slowly; in, out. In, out, she was surprisingly calm as she struggled to get her body back under control. His comment on her age irked her a little and she shot him a surprisingly stern look. “I am twenty-seven, thank you very much. Twenty-eight this winter,” she responded curtly, swallowing and letting out a slow breath before she relaxed against the pew. That had been… rather terrifying. “And I’ve never been married, so of course I haven’t, well…” her face flushed again and she turned her eyes away, swallowing nervously. “I’m sorry if I mislead you, but that wasn’t at all…” she sighed. Well, she could certainly see how he might have misunderstood.

“Vincent,” she insisted after taking a final moment to calm herself down. “My age and whether or not I’ve been intimate with somebody has nothing to do with whether or not I can support you,” her voice softened again, taking on it’s usual gentle ring as she held one hand over her chest, urging her spastic heart to just calm down already. “Just… just give me warning next time, or you’re going to give me a heart attack. By the goddess,” she mumbled, cringing slightly. “Calm down, Vincent. Breathe,” she urged soothingly, reaching for his arm and giving it a comforting squeeze. “This doesn’t change anything. Not for me, at least. And I still have no intention of telling a soul. Or letting you walk out of here feeling alone. Mind you,” she added in a mumble. “I’m not walking anywhere for the next little while.”

xxxxxx
                    xxxxxxxxxxx L.OCATION⋮ ( ZAMIA )( CHURCH ) xx C.OMPANY⋮ RANDO xx A.TTIRE⋮ SERENE

Merlin The Mage
                    ( OOC ) n/a

Demonic Darling

22,440 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
User Image

User Image
                                                At first, Carlos had been worried that he had in fact been wrong in assuming the woman in front of him was Anya. Maybe someone else somewhere had found an old coin and given it to this woman. It could happen, but Carlos wasn’t sure he believed in coincidences. Or at least not coincidences like this. After he was afraid that she might chase him away or otherwise snap at him, especially once he realized how different he was from back then. How could she possibly recognize him after all this time, after all that had happened? Heck, he was currently surprised that he even remembered her. One fact kept stumping him as he waited for this woman’s response: How could she look exactly the same? It had been many years after all. Far too many.

As soon as she spoke however, his internal panic evaporated. Both his suspicions had been confirmed. Not only was this indeed Anya, but she had not recognized him. He was a little disappointed, but not at all surprised. ”Right, sorry I forgot how long it’s been, and how much things have changed.” he responded gruffly as he ran one hand absentmindedly through a lock of his long red hair. The last time they had seen each other it had been cropped close to his ears. And he had both eyes. Not to mention none of the scars he now carried, although most of those were hidden from view by what he wore.

Inclining his head towards the woman who was more than a foot shorter than him, he spoke again. ”I guess I just I figured that since you still wear that trinket I gave you that you might remember me. But it’s probably not the face you remember but the name.” He paused for a moment, trying to decide if this was a good idea or not. Eventually he decided that no matter the result, the chance would be worth it. He had decided to come here and meet people, so even if she did not remember him, that should not stop them from being able to converse once again. Besides, they had both probably changed a lot over time – at least on the inside.

Feeling her eyes boring into him, Carlos drew a sharp intake of breath before pushing himself to carry out his decision. ”Does the name Carlos Cline mean anything to you? Because if not, then I might as well be no one but a fellow traveller whom you happened to meet once upon a time.”

LocationFirefly festival Company Anya OOC >.>

Rainbow Comet Condoms

Demonic Darling

22,440 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
User Image

User Image
                                                Avis had mixed feelings about festivals. She loved seeing how humans – for she did not consider herself one – chose to celebrate, and indeed what they chose to celebrate. Take, for example, the one that was going on tonight. While fireflies in her home village were often heralded as messengers or signs of the spirit world (which was strongly believed in by all but her father, although he was careful not to anger anyone with his skepticism), they would never hold a festival solely for their celebration. And even if they did, it would not be a romantic one, as this festival seemed to wish to be. Honestly, Avis could not comprehend how fireflies could be romantic. If her people looked for a sign from the spirits that their choice of partner had been endorsed, it was not fireflies that they looked for.

However, she had yet to see any fireflies in town since arriving here. This both confused and concerned her. Confused because why would humans celebrate a creature that did not live in the area or provide them with anything. Concerned because she had, in fact, yet to see any of the creatures that her people associated with the spirit world. To her, this could only mean that the spirits of nature had deserted this place. Was that why the town was so desolate? Because it no longer held a connection to the land of spirits? Of course, that raised further questions. Had the guardians of the land fled this place willingly out of anger, or had they been forced out, or worse, killed? The thought sent a shudder through her. Who would commit such an atrocity as to kill even one benevolent spirit? And better yet, why would they do such a thing? The only thought that gave her comfort in the matter was that given how long the surrounding land had been this way, the perpetrator must be long gone.

Unless, of course, that the killer was the owner of the long black feather she had been shown on her first day of town. She refused, however, to allow herself think such thoughts. Not unless further proof came out that such was the case.

Stopping at a cross-road, Avis withdrew from her thoughts to see where her (so far) aimless wanderings had brought her. Surprisingly, she found herself near to where the festival was being held. Despite the fact that the jailhouse was currently closed (not just because it was after hours, but also due to the festival), Avis still felt responsible for ensuring safety in the town. She was no longer in her uniform of course, and was instead dressed in a simple, long-sleeved red dress shirt and black slacks, complemented by a black beret and a black bow tied around her neck. She was glad that this festival – despite being one in the summer – seemed to be open to whatever fashion the attendees decided to wear, although she had not yet decided whether or not she would be attending when she had changed out of her uniform that evening.

Well, she mused, that is where most of the people will be tonight. Of course, with most of the people in town at the festival, this was the perfect opportunity for her to explore it as she wished. It was a conflicting dilemma. just because I show up does not mean I am obliged to stay for the entire night. she finally reasoned, and perhaps I will meet an exploring companion there, and we could explore the town together. Hopefully they will appreciate the quietness of empty places as I can. Having a companion in her explorations would limit her a bit, but Avis would be glad of the company.

That decided, Avis thought for a moment trying to remember which of the roads that led off from where she was standing would go to town square and cursed that she had not yet memorized perfectly the layout of town. If she could detach her demonic eyes, it would be much easier – she could send them searching – but her inability to do so made that a moot point. Besides, that would be far too dangerous to her safety. She was simply lucky enough that she could change where they sat on her own body. Otherwise it would have been impossible for her to live among humans, and that was blessing enough for her.

Eventually, she was forced to make a guess and hope she got lucky instead of horribly lost.

Luck prevailed and Avis eventually found herself on a street from which she could easily direct herself to the festival. Still, she held her sigh of relief until the lights of the festival came into view. Soon she was wandering among the festival viewers, wondering at the decorations that had been set up and eyeing the different booths with interest.

Locationfestival Company alone OOC first person(s) to jump her gets her

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Give her warning the next time? She wouldn't let him walk out of there feeling alone? Either the priestess was willing or didn't entirely understand the comfort he was seeking. He pulled his arm away from her. As much as he avoided women stirring up trouble and keeping many men, he avoided the purer ones as well. There was a happy medium. Her type got way too attached. It was it's own sort of trouble. He gave an exasperated sigh and stopped pacing. His racing head had so graciously blocked out her mumbled comment.

"You weren't kidding when you said your heart was bad. I don't think you realize what you are saying right now." He looked down at her with a stern expression. "I will walk out of here alone today. If you still feel up to comforting me when you've calmed down AND you understand what that means I'd be happy to take you up on that offer." He still wanted a woman's embrace. Getting geared up for it only made it more so. Reaching out, he set his uninjured hand atop her head and ruffled her hair a bit. Maybe his judgement was clouded. He certainly wouldn't go for someone like her any other time.

Talking with her had been a huge help. And her embarrassed answer to his question had been enough to push the dark thoughts from his mind. Until she accepted or found comfort another way, he'd try and keep his mind off of Emery. He'd have to sink to her level to take her out. He had to be just as ruthless and decisive. She wouldn't respect him ending her life any other way and having her respect for it was easily the only thing that would save him from the agony of killing his own family member.

"At least I know what I have to do now. I may not like it. But if you accept, if you can really be there for me, I think I can manage." Temperance's soothing voice was special. Perhaps the way he worded the ultimatum was unfair and manipulative, but if her voice and her touch were there for him, he could pull out of the dark pits he was daring to enter. Years ago he hadn't had the courage. He'd betrayed so many people just to save her, thinking she'd be the victim. After she confronted him though it became clear that she'd had her own plan at the time, one she couldn't fault him for ruining since she hadn't included him. Family meant nothing to his sister.

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Church

Ҁompany Temperance

ɱood Calming Down

ϯhoughts Maybe...
User Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like if I'm too kind then you will only change your mind
Take advantage of my heart and I'll go back into the ᴅᴀʀᴋ
ʟᴏᴠᴇ will never be forever, feelings are just like the weather
January to December, do you want to be a member?

Lonely hearts club...
Do you want to be with somebody like me?

”I just I figured that since you still wear that trinket I gave you that you might remember me... But it’s probably not the face you remember but the name.”

His last comments had done nothing for her but this one... With this one she knew who he was before he even got to finish his sentence. The trinket. She smiled widely and full of as much happiness as she could bring herself to do. It was Carlos. Her hand went up to the coin she wore around her neck. Her fingers played with it a little. He had changed so much. Of course humans did that. They always changed so much. They started adorable as children, beautiful grown ups, then old in wrinkled. It was so much different than her. Once she was old enough to die, she'd still look so young. She'd turn into millions of fishes while still seeming to be young. She wondered what if felt like to age to the point where wrinkles showed up. Her halt to aging was almost coming up. She pulled herself from her thoughts and focused on her old friend once more.

”Does the name Carlos Cline mean anything to you? Because if not, then I might as well be no one but a fellow traveler whom you happened to meet once upon a time.”

Anya smiled at him even more brightly and wrapped her arms around him. She gave him a tight hug for a few good seconds before kissing both sides of his cheeks, which was customary for her friends, and pulled back. She let her hand wiggle into his and hold it tight.

"Of course I remember you. I wasn't sure if it was really you or not, so I didn't want to say anything." She paused as she looked him over. "You have longer hair now." Her free hand went up to his hair and brought a small chunk of it as far as it would go. She then looked at his eye patch. So he really was missing an eye. She felt a sting of regret. Maybe if she had been in the ocean... Maybe if she could have saved him. Anya shifted her gaze to the side. She didn't want him to think she already knew that. How would she explain that. She looked back at him with a half smile.

"Why do you have a patch on? Are you planning to sail the seven seas?" she joked, only realizing after she said it that it probably wasn't the best thing to tease about, especially since she already knew.

"So what have you been up to all these years? Missing me I hope." She gave him a playful wink before linking their arms. She rested her head on the arm she was clutching. He noticed. She was sure he noticed. She hadn't changed at all, not that she had any control over it. She wondered if she'd have to tell him. He used to be a pirate. She was sure he heard stories, some of which were true. She cast her gaze off to the side in a lonely glance. He would ask. She'd have to tell. Their friendship would end. She could see it happening all in her head. Maybe she'd skip town. She could just leave. She could always say she have business to attend to. Her hand tightened their grip around his arm.

"I missed you..."

Dark Doe Alysse

User Image
-----------------------------------------------
ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇ sᴏɴɢ - ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ - ᴏᴜᴛғɪᴛ - ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟ - ʟᴏcᴀᴛɪoɴx::x --

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image
                    Temperance frowned, crossing her arms and turning her face away. She very well did know what she was saying, and what he was asking for. Well, it sucked to be him because for the time being all he was getting was a friend whether he ******** wanted one or not.
                    “Generally speaking it takes a pretty severe condition to kill you once then leave you in fear afterwords,” she noted with a small shrug. “And I do know what I’ talking about. I may be a v-virgin,” she stammered, face flushing with embarrassment, “and I may be a priestess, but I’m not ignorant.” She pouted a little when he ruffled her hair, sighing as she let her hands drop from crossed across her chest to resting on her hips. “And I’m not some child, either. I can make educated decisions for myself.”

She sighed, her shoulders dropping as she let her head fall to the side with a tired expression. This had gotten fairly complicated fairly quickly, it seemed.
                    “Vincent,” she shook her head and smiled a little. “I’m going to say it frankly, just so we’re both on the same page. I can’t give you what you want, right now, but I can at least give you what you need; the offer I made earlier still stands, so if you ever need a place to stay, a warm meal, or just somebody to talk to you know where to find me.” She offered him another smile, surprisingly comfortable despite the altercation they’d just had. “And, despite what you probably are thinking, I’m not against being close with a man,” she mused, shrugging her shoulders. “But, outside of work, I hardly know you. The only reason I’m so, er, inexperienced is because I’ve been sick my whole life. Kinda hard to keep a relationship when you’re always in and out of the hospital.”

After a quiet bout of nervous laughter she rested her arm on the pew, leaning her weight against it as her expression softened again. Now that was a little confusing; by ‘be there’, what exactly did he mean? She had little intention of being tricked into sleeping with a man who’d just confessed to murder, but — even if she would be held responsible for holding to silence later — if he was willing to take her offer of friendship and that was what he was asking for then she was more than happy to agree. Sighing softly she pushed off of the pew, walking towards him with a slight waver to her step. Stopping in front of him she offered him a dazzling smile before reaching up on her toes and kissing him on the cheek.
                    “You might be leaving alone in body — and, mind you, that’s only because I might actually drop dead if I tried chasing after you to knock some sense into you — but not in spirit, Vincent. I’m on your side, and as long as you have at least one person you’ll never be alone.

Now,”
                    she took a few steps back so she could lean against the strong wooden pew again, clapping her hands twice in an almost teacher-like dismissive gesture. “I think that you could use a drink, some warm food, and some fun times. As you mentioned, there’s a festival going on today right? Maybe you should go,” she suggested, offering an encouraging smile. “I’d go, but it’s probably going to be midnight by the time I get home,” she joked, reaching up with her hands to undue her bun and the braid that ran across the top of her head. It had been tangled and dishevelled by his playful gesture so now the braid was sitting uncomfortably on her head. Running her fingers through the wavy clump of hair to detangle it before tucking it behind her ear, she considered tying it back up, but decided otherwise. Snapping the elastics around her wrist, clasped her hands behind her back, sighing as the wavy bits fell away from behind her ear. Well, now this was awkward.

xxxxxx

Merlin The Mage
                    ( OOC ) n/a
User ImageUser Image

The night air was refreshing compared to the dry daytime of this town. It was a tad too chilly, but compared the heat earlier, it was welcomed greatly. As Cheryl waltzed down the streets, brimming with pride and confidence, she could see that other people were dressed up however they wished just the same. Some people wore fancy gowns, ironed suits, and the like. Others kept it casual and simple. She wasn't sure where she fell between the two, but she was certain she looked awesome either way. After all, so many people kept staring at her.

She did feel a little left out of the festivities. Most people had already found dates, and were having a good time. Cheryl on the other hand, had only arrived a few days ago. She hadn't even the time to unpack properly, let alone look for love. It didn't bother her too much, as there was still a lot of fun to be had. However, it did make it hard to meet people. Most of the time she would just be a third wheel, and large groups intimidated her. She would feel very out of place if she just saddled up to a group of friends, and started to chat with them. She wouldn't get any of their injokes, they'd all be better at talking to one another. The feeling of being an outsider there would be even moreso than being a third-wheel to a date. Atleast then she can sort of treat the couple as a single entity. Once you add three or four people into the mix, there's just too many conversations going on at once to simplify things.

Plus how would I even approach a large group of people. 'Hello fellow humans, would you allow me to accompany you?'

Just as she was letting out a sigh of defeat, something red caught her eye. A girl, about her height, was wandering around the stands and people, with a face that spelled curiousity. She was wearing a red dress shirt, the thing that caught her eye, and the rest of her outfit was black. Even her hair matched in the light, although Cheryl wasn't entirely sure it was completely black. Either way, the important thing was that this girl was alone and approachable. She didn't seem like she was looking or waiting for someone. She looked like she was just new to the festival or the area, similiar to Cheryl.

Plus one conversation topic! Level up! New skill learned: The ability to almost talk to a human being without making it awkward!

Adjusting her coat, Cheryl strolled up to the girl. " Hey, great night out, isn't it? " she opened up, a soft smile pursuing her lips. " Enjoying the festival?" she added, brushing the hair out of her eyes, leaning slightly forward. Learning from her recent experiences, Cheryl held back any questions such as 'Are you alone right now?'. She realized that sometimes, just sometimes, spontaneous questions like that are very very ... questionable.

User Image
User Image

Lucky Explorer

User Image
User Image
Rowena continued hugging the girl, purring very quietly so as not to be heard, until they started to move again and she needed to detach. What a sweetheart! Rowena could already tell they were going to be good friends. As she had guessed, the girl was a performer, apparently specializing in dancing, though she mentioned singing as well. Rowena opened her mouth to enthusiastically input into the singing category, but clamped it shut when she realized that it was probably rude for her to interrupt. Anyone else that knew Rowena would probably say 'oh, it's just Rowena and her excitement getting away with her', but how would a potential friend and momentary stranger react? Probably not too well.

It was a shame that she hadn't found them before the festival, though. If she'd come during her birthday party, Rowena would have happily welcomed the girl and let her have at some of the free refreshments that Maryanne ordered. "You haven't eaten?! That won't stand! C'mon, I'm treating you to some Speranza cuisine," she less offered and more demanded, grabbing her and Roi's arms and leading them towards one of the booths. She blissfully bought three of the items there, one with beef and varied vegetables shish kabobed, one with various citris dripping onto chicken as a makeshift portable marinade, also shish kabobed, and one packaged milk for herself. "Here!" she held the two out to her companions, "Take your pick!"

As they sat down to eat/drink their choices, Rowena turned back to Nadya. "So you're a dancer, huh? That's so cool! Do you get to perform often??" she asked, no longer able to control her questions. She wanted to ask about the singing as well, but that would have to wait. Too many questions could scare the poor girl off! Then again, if she wasn't scared off by Rowena's mandatory hugging greeting, it was likely that she wouldn't have too many problems with Rowena's energy.

Where am I?: Firefly Festival
Who am I with?: Roi, Nadya
What am I doing?: Drinking milk and talking
Out of Cats: //inconspicuous purring

The musical Gerudo

Kathryn Anon

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers