Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Location / / Inn (Kitchen) tab tab Company / / Garreth tab tab Mood / / Hungry tab tab Thoughts / / Mother dearest.

ɪ ϵɴȷɵү ϻү ȿϻạʟʟ ғʀϵϵĐɵϻȿ.

I am free to rule over the inn however I please.

⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰

Perhaps he was right, letting herself go some would be fine. Although giving him the satisfaction seemed far too easy. She was waiting at an empty table with two plates and the chopped fruit when Garreth walked in. The first thing he did was approach a guest and introduce himself as if it were her mother. Years ago she would have hit the floor laughing if someone had made such an obvious error. Even her supressed self couldn't hold back a small, melodious laugh. She crossed the room to them in a few strides and smiled gratefully at the woman. Her aged cheeks were lit with a small blush, likely from the tender greeting from such a young man. "I do apologize on my fiancé's behalf Miss Hemmingway. I have only spoken niceties about my mother's beauty and your radiance has far exceeded my musings." The older woman was flattered, having been a regular customer since the days when her mother had run the inn. Accepting the apology, she dismissed them, giving Garreth a small wink.

Maryn led Garreth back to the table she'd selected before placing both her hands on his face and looking him dead in the eye. "As humorous as that was, we do not dine with my mother. She will introduce herself to you and she will not look like a pleasant woman." She stole a quick kiss again and lowered her voice to a whisper. "If she were not here I would have stayed in my bedroom with you." Another honest statement. She took a seat and motioned to the plate filled with eggs and bacon. "I imagined a more hearty meal is to your tastes. I will be sticking to fruit this morning." She took a piece of cantaloupe from the bowl of fruit and bit into it.

Fruit was an easy dish on her stomach. A relief after whatever nausea she had experienced the previous day. She'd likely developed a fever as well but in the heat of the moment it would have been hard to tell. To her luck, it seemed to subside entirely, just in time for their wedding the next day. "You are eating in front of guests?" A fresh old woman had entered the room. She had seemingly floated over like a witch and bypassed Garreth completely. Still, her voice was low, seeking not to be overheard by the other woman in the room.

"Yes, mother. I do have to eat. Speaking in front of guests in such an accusatory manner is far more distasteful, would you not think?" Her eyes turned up, seeing the brunette hair that she shared with the woman tied into a tight bun. Aside from the wrinkles her mother had no faults in her complexion either. No age spots. She likely would cut one off it it dared to taint her skin. Eating the rest of the cantaloupe piece she grabbed, she waited for a second retort from the woman. Instead, her mother, Ayame, turned to face Garreth.

Her gaze scrutinized every feature she came across. As Maryn had expected though, the woman could not pick up on any signs of her betrayal. Garreth was experienced and didn't quiver like a nervous little child after doing such things. Ayame reached up and prodded at Garreth's hair. "It is not as well kept as I would have liked to see. He is not a morning person. The dress is as you described, satisfactory. He seems like a decent businessman. You can trust him to handle the books?"

"Mother, no living being would wish to be awoken as early as you arrived. That he managed to get dressed and come all the way here from the vineyard after I called him is an impressive feat." Ayame simply nodded.

"You may refer to me Ayame. It is a casual relation and only acceptable since you shall soon be my son-in-law. The remainder of your family shall still refer to me as Miss Valji. I thank you for taking my rough and tumble daughter's hand in marriage." The older woman gave a deep bow before stacking a few pieces of fruit on the excess plate. "I shall be dining in my room. I will be inspecting that foolish mayor's ceremony preparations later today. I would assume I would have my own kin to thank if a single nautical item has snuck through." The look she shot Maryn was venomous and she left soon after, ignoring any response Garreth had managed. The woman worked on her own clock and at her own pace. Spending any time on a non-customer's words was an entire waste.

Maryn chuckled and patted the seat next to her. "Do not worry. There will be plenty of nautical items. I found it would be entirely no fun otherwise. Also, she will respond to everything you said when she sees you later. She likes to mull over her non-professional interactions until she feels they can be professional. That is why letters really suit her."

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am free to leave the inn when it suits me.

вυτ ɪ ωɪʟʟ ɴϵѵϵʀ τʀυʟү вϵ ғʀϵϵ.

Unorthodox Jukebox

User Image / / / / User Image / / / / User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]
                                                        I may have lost all of my ϻϵϻɵʀɪϵȿ, but it isn't really so вдĐ.
                                                        ❀ I have a ϲндɴϲϵ and a ʀυʟϵ. ❀
                                                        I have the ғʀϵϵĐɵϻ to live my ғυτυʀϵ any way I choose.

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

Rowena was quick to bowl over Maryanne and throw her arms around Ylaine. Before she had much of a chance to return the embrace, the brunette had pulled away again and begun inspecting her hair. "This is my natural color." A sheepish chuckle escaped her as she hoped the reaction wouldn't get any more grand. "I spoke with Roi last night and I felt that giving up on dying it might not be a bad thing." She was being honest. "As for coming in, I was actually hoping to take Rowena out. A girls' day kind of thing." She wasn't entirely sure what there was to do for fun in the desert town. Most of the time she worked or way busy. But they'd find something for sure. Maybe they even had similar likes because they were the same age. Well, at least Ylaine hoped she could like the things Rowena did. She didn't really know what she liked to begin with.

"I actually got to see Rowena in a dress last night too and she looked really cute. I got a bit jealous though because she went to someone else to have her hair done." The dreams Ylaine had for Rowena's hair were grand. Short styles and when it grew out she wanted to cut it short on one side and leave it long on the other. There were so many options! "I can always style your hair too, Maryanne." She beamed at the older woman. The restaurant owner never seemed to do anything too fancy but one day she'd have a date. Maybe even one day Ylaine would be able to buy her own salon and only work on hair full time. Abandoning Maryn seemed like such a horrible thing to do though.

Thinking back to girls day, she glanced at Rowena. "I'm not exactly sure what we should do though. My plan only went as far as inviting you out." She hadn't really been able to think outside of the uncertainty if the brunette would even accept her offer.

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]
                                                        ʟɵϲдτɪɵɴ / / Cereus District
                                                        ϲɵϻρдɴү / / Rowena & Maryanne
                                                        ϻɵɵĐ / / Happy
                                                        τнɵυɢнτȿ / / What should we do?

[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

Emu Avian

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image
User Image

LOCATION Bakery | COMPANY Ylaine ⇢ Anya and super angry guy | MOOD Scared and nervous | OUTFIT clothes

Adrian stood at the table next to Ylaine while she seemed to contemplate the very unhelpful advice that he tried to give her. Then her face changed to a look of confusion.

"So…It has to be someone you would break mountains for and someone you have shared good and bad times with. I don't think I've ever been through any bad times. Definitely not from what I remember at least."

The once pink-haired girl starting demolishing her food once again, using the moment to think on the poor advice from Adrian once more.

"No, there was one bad thing that happened. That doesn't matter though. Thank you a lot for the advice, Adrian. I think I will try it out today."

Then her mood changed drastically to her usual carefree and happy personality.

Adrian nodded and mumbled a 'sure thing' as she took off in a better mood seemingly. Well, if she thought it was helpful, good. He wasn't all too convinced it was great help at all though. Oh well, she's smart enough to make decisions of her own. Even if my help was horribly awful... He sighed to himself. He needed to work on his love life so that he could give decent relationship advice. Watching Ylaine push through a couple people right outside the door, he needed to give a quick wash and rinse for the dishes before the two outside made an order that was undoubtedly coming. It wouldn't take long to do only three dining utensils since it wasn't the busy hours of the bakery yet. He grabbed the plate, fork, and glass and took them to the back for cleaning. The bell jingled by the time he was drying the glass. He stacked the glass and fork on the plate and grabbed a hand towel with his free hand. He wet it and squeezed the excess water and returned to the front. To his surprise, it was Anya. He was expecting it to be the blue-haired man and or the red head outside.

Anya was smiling as she came closer to the counter. He set the dishes back under the counter with the others. When he popped back up, the man outside had just pushed past Anya to make an order. "One bagel, all the stops." Taken aback, he grabbed a napkin and pulled out a bagel swiftly and placed it on a plate with butter, an assortment of cream cheese flavors and jellies and finally a butter knife for spreading. The man practically threw money at him and snatched the plate in a hurried manner. Adrian didn't know this man, but he was definitely not keen on getting to know him any better. To be honest, he was downright terrified of this man from just this first meeting.

During that intense transaction, Anya had seated herself at the table Ylaine had just occupied not too long ago. It was the table closest to the counter and where his friends usually sat. Adrian hurried over to wipe the table down. It wasn't really messy, he just wiped it down due to restaurant sanitation rules. He smiled at the blonde and sat down across from her while there was a moment of free time.

"Hey you. I didn't get a chance to see you yesterday." His features saddened ever so slightly. "I stopped by the tavern last night to see if you were busy. Silver told me you went out with Rowena though. Did you guys have fun?" He suddenly remembered the gift. The reason he wanted to go see her in the first place yesterday. "Oh! Wait, hold on a sec!" He jumped up and quickly made his way to the back. He had made a new batch of sheep cookies just this morning and they were cool enough to eat by now. Taking a tin out, he placed the cookies inside and placed the lid back on, making a slight metallic click as it snapped in place. He returned to Anya's table and placed the tin in front of her. "I made these for you. I hope you like them..." He smiled nervously. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the man's irritation building though. He felt a bit nervous from that as well.

OOC

new layout...wee~ o3o

Merlin The Mage

Rainbow Comet Condoms

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

It didn't take long for the red headed cook, scrappy, to show up. Rando's stomach sunk. Rising to his feet, he waved at him. "Just forget about it, scrappy, you look entirely useless today." The way he had approached was too far off. Wary at best. If he'd known Ylaine made a big change and saw him again after last night, the red head would be far more likely to run. Or at least Rando would have liked to think so. "I bet you don't even know what happened yet. If I asked you what her hair color was you'd probably tell me pink." He loved dropping bread crumbs to leave people guessing before leaving. If only in hopes that he'd manage to make someone else as irritated as he felt about the situation. "Ah, but maybe you know who else she might have spoken with yesterday while at the restaurant." He stopped beside Roi, hoping the man would give an answer.

"Oh, and no worries scrappy, I don't have a knife on me today. Weapons are only for evening outings. Don't let that make you think you can get the jump on me though." He brushed his hands off on his pants and sighed. "I'd at least like to assume that if you'd had an interesting discussion with my sister last night you'd have told me. You see, people just don't up and stop doing things they've been doing for years." His gaze fell cold as he looked Roi over. "You might be able to figure out why she did it though. You see, Emery sure as hell wouldn't answer anything I asked her. Maybe I should just have you ask." He pulled a pistol from it's hiding place in the back of his pant's waistband, under his shirt and aimed it at Roi's head.

"I lied, I do have a weapon. Bang~" He pulled the trigger and the firearm made an empty click. "But it's empty." He pulled the trigger a few more times. "And broken. Which is fine. I wasn't sure if the blacksmith could fix it up, but now that sparky showed up in town I can have them get it working again. It'll feel better having it actually loaded and ready should I need it to defend my man time." Rando had been relying on the idea that waving a gun around would deter any brawls between Anya's many boy toys. "But, back to my sister. Ya see, I'd like to know why she stripped her hair of dye. The chopping it off doesn't bother me so much. s**t seems practical, especially if it rains again like it did yesterday. But she kept dying the hair even after her brain got emptied. She wouldn't just stop for no reason."

The musical Gerudo

ζocation Restaurant

Ҁompany Roi

ɱood Pissed

ϯhoughts Bang~
User Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like if I'm too kind then you will only change your mind
Take advantage of my heart and I'll go back into the ᴅᴀʀᴋ
ʟᴏᴠᴇ will never be forever, feelings are just like the weather
January to December, do you want to be a member?

Lonely hearts club...
Do you want to be with somebody like me?

Anya had no concern over the man who had cut in front of her. She didn't care about his rushed actions or unpleasant manners. But when he threw money in her friend's face, Anya felt her anger rise. Sirens were known to have horrible tempers. They were so bad they'd devour or kill whatever angered them. Of course Anya had never done something like that yet. It wasn't because she had morals against it. It was simply that she wasn't made that angry yet. Even know she was irritated by the man but she didn't give a thought about ripping out his throat with her nails. Anya didn't like to be angry, especially in siren form. Her type of people looked so ugly when angry. Her eyes cast the the side. Her mind questioned if she had ever been angry herself. A few times before she hit one hundred and twenty years of age. She decided against getting so angry that her gills flailed out. She didn't like how her skin turned a greener color and how her nails and teeth sharpened when angry. She had heard and seen other sirens change like that when they weren't angry.... but it was to feed... She stopped thinking about it. She couldn't deal with the thought of it. It was going to make her sick.

"Hey you. I didn't get a chance to see you yesterday. I stopped by the tavern last night to see if you were busy. Silver told me you went out with Rowena though. Did you guys have fun?" Anya looked over at Adrian who was now sitting across from her. She hadn't noticed. Her eyes wandered around to see if the man was still there. No. He had left. She felt herself happy for it. Her thoughts then went to Silver. Why wouldn't she have just told him she was on a date? She looked over at him and his slightly more sad eyes. It was easy to read human, especially with all the practice had gained over the many many years. Maybe he came to confess his feeling of love for their friendship. That would have been adorable and magnificent. Before she could answer him though, he told her to wait and scampered off. Anya blinked slightly. What? Did he grab her cheesecake? She didn't see it... Maybe that was it.

Adrian came back. He brought out something that was definitely not a cheesecake. He put the metal tin down on the table. She smiled lightly at a memory. She had a hard time opening one of these up on her first time. She was just a little fish when she found one for the first time. She opened it by ramming one of her mother's spears into it until it opened up. Nothing was inside, but when she showed her mother, her mother seemed disappointed. She showed her the right way to open it up. She liked jabbing it open with something sharp better...

"I made these for you. I hope you like them..."

Anya looked over at him questioningly. For her? She looked down at the tin and just stared at it for a few seconds before finally moving her hands and reaching out to the tin. She brought it closer to her before removing the top. She looked in. Sheep cookies! They were sheep cookies! Anya smiled brightly. How did he know?! Probably because the blabbed on and on about how she loved sheep and how they were so cute. Sheep were adorable and she never had any qualms about voicing her opinion on it. She looked up at Adrian with joyful eyes. She pulled out a single cookie and looked at it. She would never eat them. Never. She'd save them forever. She was so excited she forgot to close the lid when she stood up. She grabbed the baker and wrapped her arms around him in a close and tight hug. Anya held onto him a bit longer than she should have and smiled at his face. "I love them." She let her hands find his own and wrapped intertwined their fingers. She then pushed up on her tip toes slightly and brought her face closer to his quickly. She gave him a little kiss on the nose before pulling back. She let go of his hands, letting her fingers brush gently off of his own rather than just lifting up her hands. She leaned over to slightly the open tin. She smelled them. They smelt delicious. They looked gorgeous. She grabbed the tin's lid and put it on before turning around and grabbing his arm. She clinged to him while looking up at him.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything. If I would have known...." She rested her head on his arm. "Adrian... do you want to come over tonight? We can play games and talk. I think we should get to know each other better don't you? I mean, we're friends right?" She looked up at him with slightly questioning eyes. "Right? So we should know each other better. We can ask each other questions and play games. We could talk about books and sheep too!" She smiled up at him with sad eyes. "Will you visit me tonight after work? Please?"

Mistress Orion

Quote:

Quote:

User Image
-----------------------------------------------
ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇ sᴏɴɢ - ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ - ᴏᴜᴛғɪᴛ - ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟ - ʟᴏcᴀᴛɪoɴx::x ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴋᴇʀʏ

Lucky Explorer

xxxxxUser Image

Where do we think we are?: In the house, Walking to the restaurant (Rowena just left)
Who are we with?: Ylaine, Nobody
What are we doing?: Making tea, walking to the restaurant
Out Of Colors: Whoo more character interaction experience!

Was that correct? Did Rowena hear that right? Ylaine wanted a girl's day out?

Rowena's smile grew into a grin that lit up her electrifying honey eyes. This was great! Had the dress she'd worn somehow made her into a girl? I mean, she was a girl, there was no denying that, but she acted so... well, not girly. Squealing, Rowena jumped off of her friend. "Anything's fine! I'd love to get out today!" she turned to the door and started upstairs before Maryanne caught up with her. "Tsk tsk, Rowena. Work before play, remember?" she dragged Rowena back down the two steps she'd made and to the doorway. "Ylaine, won't you come in for a moment? Rowena needs to run an errand for me before she leaves for the day."

Rowena's look of dejection was heart-jerking, but as much as Maryanne almost cried herself looking at it, she stayed firm. "I just need you to run by the restaurant for a moment and check on the herb supplies. It'll take two seconds, and I don't think you'd want to drag your friend along on such a mundane task." Maryanne crossed her arms and cocked an eyebrow, trying to combat the guilt-tripping that was going on. The counterattack worked, and Rowena glanced from Maryanne to Ylaine to Maryanne again for a bit, then sighed and stepped outside. "I'll be back in a jiffy, Ylaine!" she called, waving, as she departed.

Maryanne sighed, happy that Rowena was to be persuaded. She'd be a great mother if the day ever came, with all the practice she'd had. "Make yourself at home, Ylaine, I'll put the kettle on." Maryanne's socks slipped around a bit on the hardwood floor as she gestured to the calm turquoise couches with baby pink pillows. "Sorry about the wait, I'm feeling a bit under the weather today and needed someone to go and check the stocks for me." she explained, moving into the kitchen and pulling down the afternoon tea bags from the cupboard. "She's a sweetheart, but she doesn't really have a mind for what needs to be done in a day, you know? As far as day-to-day chores and the like. Just be sure she doesn't tire you out, I don't want you feeling badly as well." Once the kettle started boiling, Maryanne proceeded to pour the water into the teapot, where the herbs in the tea bag saturated the water with a satisfying pungency. "Oh, do you take sugar or milk with your tea?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maryanne talking"
"Rowena talking"

Merlin the Mage

Lucky Explorer

User Image
User Image
Rowena kicked a pebble in dismay as she awkwardly kept a good pace to make it to the restaurant and back in good time, but still was dragged by lack of enthusiasm. "Maaan, I wanna have some fun!" she groaned, kicking the pebble again. It deserved it. She didn't like running around doing errands for other people, but... she liked Maryanne, and Maryanne had been coughing a lot. When she finally showed up at the restaurant the previous evening, she was shivering. Maybe she'd caught a cold? It seemed like a reasonable assumption, seeing as it was raining cats hahaha i'm a genius and dogs yesterday. As she said, Rowena didn't like having to do chores. But if it was because someone she loved wasn't feeling up to it, she'd do it without a fuss.

Well, without too much of a fuss.

Rowena stopped just in time as she noticed the pebble hit the side of the restaurant. She'd reached her destination quicker than she thought. In fact, she was a foot away from hitting her face with her destination. She chuckled at her own stupidity, backed up, and circled around. It wasn't open, and seeing as Maryanne wasn't doing well, Rowena wondered if they'd open for a bit. Rowena and Roi could surely run the restaurant pretty well themselves, but would Maryanne go for the idea? Rowena reached the backdoor, noticed it was unlocked, and pulled it open. Roi was there, then? It was cool that he was working on his day off...

Rowena stopped in place, not sure of what to think of what she saw in the other room. The hair on the back of her neck stood on end. From the kitchen window, she could see a blue-haired man that she'd never encountered and a very tense-looking Roi. More importantly, she could see the blue-haired man had a gun. And it was pointed at Roi. Then he pulled the trigger. Rowena covered her mouth to keep from screaming, but nothing happened. Seeing he wasn't actually loaded, Rowena's instincts went into overdrive. Without thinking, she burst the doors open and slid in front of Roi, her fists raised. "Roi, get out of here. Get the sheriff or something." It was obvious that either the man was robbing the restaurant or that Roi was having a fight with him. Either way, Rowena wasn't sure what combat experience Roi had, but after Rowena's 'incident', she knew enough to protect herself. Though this man was quite a bit taller, and as far as she could tell, more muscular. Still, Rowena didn't back down. He had the size, but she had the guts.

"So are you robbing the place, or just being an a*****e who waves guns around at people?" she hissed, her heart racing in her chest. "Well, it takes more than an empty gun to make me back down." It was the truth, but nevertheless, she was scared. Scared in a dizzying way. Like hell would she let it show, though. Her eyes didn't betray her as her resolve held. She had to protect Roi, and fear or no fear, she'd die before she let her friend down.

Where am I?: Restaurant (kitchen)
Who am I with?: Roi, Rando
What am I doing?: Preparing for a fight
Out of Cats: ACTION YES FINALLY. You know, I was originally an action roleplayer ;u; I missed this

Merlin the Mage

The musical Gerudo

Friendly Friend

User Image____User Image____User Image

Roi..._______________...Rowena..._______________...Rando

Any thought of slipping away unnoticed went out the window when the blue-haired man waved to Roi and started approaching; he might as well weather out whatever this guy had to talk to him about now, rather than starting any wild goose chases or anything like that. The redhead wasn’t the fastest guy around, and one look at Rando’s lithe form told him that any option to avoid the confrontation that involved running would be like a snail running from a hungry bird. Rando spoke as he drew closer, dropping hints that something had happened very recently to his sister and he held Roi very high suspect as the cause for it. The previous night’s conversation was called up from Roi’s memory as Rando mentioned a possibility of an ‘interesting discussion’; she had laughed when he started telling the tale of her life, but he could not see what effect his words could possibly have on the girl to make her apparently drop a habit that she’s held for years. Before Roi could respond or do anything, Rando was… pulling out a gun??

Guns were a very rare sight to Roi, as they were expensive and hard to obtain, and maintaining them was no easy matter. He had only seen them twice in his life; once from an officer showing him to sate his curiosity, again in her hand, pointing it to her head much like how Rando was angling the barrel towards the redhead’s. In his mind’s eye, he saw himself reaching out for the hand that held the gun, grasping and twisting it as to divert the bullet--

~click~

Roi blinked as reality returned to him suddenly with the small sound. He had remain frozen in place, breath caught in his throat with Rando repeatedly pulling the trigger of an empty and broken gun at his head. His words were muffled by the blood rushing in Roi’s ears, and his heartbeat reassured him that he had not just been shot… again. The other male was saying something about Ylaine, about her hair and how it has changed, and Roi was wondering what in the world hair styles had to do with guns or Ylaine or the matter at present when a small brunette woman bolted in, shouting out accusations and putting on a tough show. Both men stared at her for a moment, a bit baffled, before Rando lowered the gun. Was that supposed to be cute?

"Roi, get out of here. Get the sheriff or something.” The man could only stare at her in utter confusion in reply as she hissed at Rando: “So are you robbing the place, or just being an a*****e who waves guns around at people? Well, it takes more than an empty gun to make me back down."

“Hey, honeypot, it’d take a ******** miracle for you to frighten me. I’m not damn well keen on hurting useless women either.” Rowena grew bright red with anger at the stranger’s words. ‘Useless women’. She wondered when in all of heaven or hell did it matter if she was a woman? To Rando, she lacked the right look. Her eyes didn’t give off even the slightest hint that she’d be able to do serious damage. “I’d be pleased if you’d just step off and let me continue my man to man talk. I had a few questions about my darling little Emery that scrappy here might be able to answer.”

Rando was bigger, but Rowena was pretty sure she could be quicker. She almost wanted to kick his a** just for his insult. Which reminded her, what was he doing there anyways? “I’m not ‘stepping off’. You’re messing with one of my friends, and you think I’m just gonna turn the other cheek? God, if that’s the way you’d react, I’d hate to be acquainted with you. What are you even doing here, anyway? What’d Roi ever do to you--”

”Rowena.” Heavy hands gently set themselves on the woman’s shoulders to quiet her. ”He did have a few questions about Ylaine. He’s just not the most... tactful when it comes to askin’ them.” Quietly taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, his lungs hurting slightly from the small period of time in which he forget how to breathe, Roi drew Rowena aside, looking at her very seriously. ”Go on home. I’ll be okay, and we’ll be done here shortly.”

"Ylaine…?” Rowena thought back to the other friend waiting for her in confusion. What did Ylaine have to do with anything? Was this guy threatening her or something? Of course, his intentions could be relatively harmless, but with the way he just threatened Roi, she highly doubted it. She was pulled from her thoughts by the realization that Roi was trying to get her to leave. "Roi...” she gave him a pained look. "Y’think I’m gonna just leave after that? I don’t like this guy. He could have another gun or a knife--” Rowena.” His tone became more terse. ”If that was the case, the last thing I want is ye gettin’ hurt on my account.”

”I don’t like you either, honeypot. You getting angry is exciting though…” Rando’s lips curled into a small smirk, his adrenaline beginning to kick in. He really loved when the people he dealt with go angry. It was so very exciting. If he just had a knife he could cut that rage right off her pretty little face. "Nobody asked you, a*****e.” Rowena retorted, shooting Rando a glare. Rowena’s attention returned to Roi. It was obvious that her being there was stressing him out, but what kind of person would she be if she just left? "Christine would kill me if I just left you here right now, y’know.” Rowena grinned reassuringly at Roi. "I don’t know what’s goin on here, but I’m pretty certain of that.” The man looked as though he was going to protest, but after getting to know Rowena for so long, he might as well argue with a rock. No amount of logic or pleading would get a rock to go anywhere (well, maybe some physical force, but he certainly wasn’t going to resort to that either lololol). ”Fine, but stick behind me…” he murmured as he straightened and turned back to Rando, a mixture of caution and annoyance on his face. ”T’answer yer question, yer…” Bah, there was no way he was going to call Ylaine Rando’s sister. There was no way the two were related! ”... Ylaine asked me about love.”

Rando had been getting rather bored as Roi tried to remove Rowena from the picture. Honeypot wouldn’t have it though and instead stuck behind him like the useless little twerp she was. The brunette had to be right around his sister’s age but the two couldn’t have been any less similar. His interest perked when Roi mentioned love though and his demeanor fell cold. “That’s ******** hilarious. What good would that do her? Like she feels anything.” He laughed aloud. “If she goes digging in places where she’s only going to get disappointed there isn’t much I can do I guess.” He swung the gun around on his finger. Roi’s expression darkened. ”She wants to relate to people, to be able to connect to others.” The redhead paused, remembering how sad she had looked when she told him of her struggles. ”I figured it was because she don’ have past experiences anymore to use, so…”

“Oh? Did you want to help her connect with someone scrappy? I can let you know how to do that. You see, she always felt so close to the people she played with.” His lips twisted into a sickening grin. Emery’s icy blue hair had only truly fit her one time. There was a man who’d sought to be spared by saying she looked oh so serene with it. So she serenely left and serenely came back with a revolver and played a very serene game of russian roulette. The six bullets she’d unloaded into that man’s head...She certainly felt so close to him afterwards, like he truly understood her. Roi stared unwaveringly back, clueless as to the disturbing images that played in Rando’s mind, and, as if the other man had said nothing, continued:

”... so I told her to start over. I told her she was in a new place with new people, and that this could be the beginnin’ of a whole new book to her life.”

He was bored again. “Scrappy, I’d normally be angry at your advice, but seeing all your people so defensive of her is almost sickening. This ridiculous road you’ve set her down might prove to be very entertaining.” He knocked on his head with the gun lightly. “I sure as hell don’t think any of her head will be coming back for it. She’ll probably just be discouraged and go back to making herself busy. It isn’t as if you showed her something that would resonate with who she used to be, only set her on a path so directly contrary to it.”

”I am not concerned with who she used to be, and as far as I can see, neither is she.” A small part of Roi wondered briefly if he really should be more concerned about where Ylaine really came from. After all, Rando offered to answer all questions about her before… but if he was going to ask anything, it wasn’t going to be in front of Rowena. He glanced back briefly to see how the young woman was faring; hearing all of this about Ylaine must be incredibly confusing and worrying for her. ”Ye learned what ye wanted. Are we done here?”

“Yah, that’s all I want, scrappy. You’re so good and helpful.” He took a few steps closer to Roi, who stiffened and glared at him warily, before patting the man on the head and glowering at Rowena for a brief moment. If Roi had been more violently inclined, he might have thrown a punch, or rather several punches throughout that entire encounter, but, watching Rando’s receding back, all he could manage to do was a slump against the restaurant wall. His hands and breathing were shaky, and he slid down in a sitting position with his head in his hands.

Emu Avian

Merlin the Mage

Lucky Explorer

User Image
User Image
All fear had left Rowena as confusion and anger took over. What about Ylaine? Who the ******** was this? Still, she honored Roi's request and stayed behind him until the man left. Rowena let out a sigh of relief when all was calm again, but had to jump to the side to avoid a big burly man falling on her. "Woah, there!" she squeaked, reaching out to help him as she thought he was going to pass out. However, her hands jerked away at the last minute. Was Roi angry with her? She stayed, even though she caused problems. She knew her reasons. She'd never live with herself if she'd left. She'd worry about him. She might've been able to help if things got bad. On the other hand, though, Rowena knew Roi's reasons for wanting her to leave. That was obvious. She bit her lip, not sure if she should say anything or not. "R-Roi... I'm sor... I didn't mean..."

Like a wave, her suppressed fear came roiling over her once more. She hadn't been that close to violence in years. The smell of chloroform and stale blood and urine and other bodily fluids she never wanted to know the identity of but found anyway flooded her senses, and as much as she tried to push it back, her eyes began to pool over. The best she could do was to stumble over and sit next to Roi. Stop it. Calm down. Roi was having problems, too. She couldn't be breaking down in front of one of her best friends. She needed to help him. She thought back on the blue-haired stranger and what he called her. A useless woman... maybe that was all she was. Rowena gritted her teeth and breathed slowly, concentrating on not letting a single tear fall. She had to be strong. There was no point to her if she couldn't help.

First, she had to calm down, and to calm Roi down. Her mind raced with purpose as she tried to figure out how to do that. She figured out how to calm down after thunderstorms. She figured out how to calm down in scary situations. What was it? What was it?!

At first torn and shaky, she started quietly singing as if to herself. That, in and of itself, was scary. Roi had been all over. Would he recognize her? Would he say anything? Rowena doubted the last part; she trusted him quite a bit. Besides, it was the only thing that could calm her down, and she'd been told a lot that her voice had a calming effect on people. She just prayed that it would work that way with Roi.

Where am I?: Restaurant
Who am I with?: Roi
What am I doing?: Singing
Out of Cats: Action followed by emotional trauma? FUN DAY FOR ROWENA

The musical Gerudo

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image
Adriane Celia Hawkthorne "Thorne"〗 〖Ex. Lt. Colonel of the Atlea Military〗 〖"The Hawk" of Special Forces〗 〖Serving alongside: Sarge ll Vincent
Currently stationed: Cereus District // Jail House 〗 〖Feeling: Pissed

Adriane's mind was a jumbled mess as she sat on the bench. Go and tell Edgar? Or wait until the fiasco with the whole wedding ordeal was over? Seeing as how the wedding was only the following day... The young woman sighed and pressed her hand to her eyes. Still, there was quite a few hours in the day and the way her father worked, he could travel a good distance. Adriane sighed heavily and Sarge whined and nudged her hand with her muzzle, trying to lift her spirits. The ravenette gave a small smile before Sarge suddenly went very still. The dog's ears went back and a feral growl was rising from her throat. Something wasn't right. And Sarge sensed it. The dog had always had a knack for knowing when something important was happening. More than once she'd led Adriane to a fight that the woman had to break up. So to see Sarge acting like this... "s**t." Adriane was quick to leap to her feet, the curse flying from her mouth in a murmur as she did so. Folding the letter and shoving it in her pocket, she flicked her hand. "Show me, Sarge!" She ordered and the dog shot off like a rocket, Adriane only a few steps behind.

Racing across the Square and towards the Cereus District, Adriane felt her heart already beginning to accelerate as the familiar feeling of adrenaline began to course through her veins. She skid to a stop as she spotted a small cluster of people outside the restaurant. Vincent was there - of course he was, she should have figured he'd be at the center of trouble - as well as Roi and Rowena. Normally she would walk over calmly and ask what was going on, but the notion of that shattered the minute she caught the gleam of sunlight off of metal. He had the gun aimed at Roi, and the redhead seemed to be speaking to him, his body tense as if ready to fight. But he never threw a punch. Rowena was much the same, her tiny form coiled like a spring, all ready for action and to protect her friend. As noble as that sentiment was, it was Adriane's job to protect the both of them. She was the Sheriff. And she was damned pissed at herself for letting the scene have gone on for as long as it did without her knowledge. If she'd been doing her job patrolling instead of wallowing in her own misery, she would have been able to stop this long before it could even reach this point.

She'd just come at the tail end. Rando was walking off, twirling the gun around his finger with an ease that spoke volumes. He was no stranger waving about a pistol in an attempt to scare someone. He knew his way around the weapon. Roi was sitting against the building, Rowena beside him and singing softly. "See that they're safe." Adriane spoke in a clipping tone and Sarge immediately wandered over to the pair. The dog nosed around them, brushing up against them before seeming satisfied that neither of them were hurt. She moved to take a few steps in front of the two, standing at guard before them. Meanwhile, Adriane was moving towards Vincent. She didn't look once at Rowena or Roi, though they would probably be able to see the thinly controlled anger that caused her stormy eyes to flash. "Vincent." Her tone was icy. Any friendliness and banter that the two would normally share wouldn't be happening. She'd known he was out of sorts, but she hadn't figured he'd ever actually pull a gun on anyone. As she reached him, she moved. Adriane was a blur of motion, her hand going to grab the gun and twist it from his grip as she stepped inside the range of it, spinning close to his body to wrest it from his hand as she turned his wrist in a way it wasn't suppose to bend. She felt him stiffen in surprise before he reached out to grab her wrist. The moment he did that, any thought of playing this off gently was gone from Adriane's mind. Her eyes darkened and the ravenette spun around to grab him by his shoulders, side stepping and bringing a leg up in a quick flash of motion, her knee slamming into his abdomen as she pushed him down into it by pressing against his back. Putting her leg down behind him at an angle, she grabbed his left sleeve while her other hand went to his right shoulder. With a push and pull motion and a quick sweep of her leg, she sent him falling back through the air to land heavily on his back. Without breaking momentum, silver flashed in her hands as she pulled out her cuffs, kicking Vincent hard in the side and forcing him to roll over onto his stomach as she knelt down and cuffed his hands together. "Do. Not. Test. Me." The words were spoken clearly, in a completely neutral tone that belied her furious anger.

The entire thing lasted perhaps two minutes. The pistol she had taken from him was unloaded. She could tell that much by the weight of it in her hand. Sticking it into her belt, she grabbed Vincent's arm and yanked him upright harshly. "If you try running, I will knock you out and drag your unconcious a** back anyway. But feel free if you'd like." Her tone was still neutral and she kept a tight hold on his arm, shoving him slightly as she started to walk briskly back towards the Tunilla District. "Like hell I would. I already found out what I needed to know for today." Adriane's stormy glare cut to him sharply, though she didn't deign to say anything in response as they walked on. She paused only briefly as they passed by Rowena and Roi. "When you've time, and when you feel as if you can, please come speak to me. The both of you. I want full accounts of what happened." The Sheriff glanced at Sarge before back up at the two. "Sarge will keep you company until you send her away. If anything else happens, send a note with her to me." Nodding to them, Adriane shoved Vincent again to get him walking once more. Ignoring anything that he was saying, the ravenette guided him back to the Jail House.

Undoing his cuffs, Adriane then proceeded to shove him into the cell, which she shut behind him. "I've already seen all of my friends dead just to save one person and I sure as hell won't be pulling any punches to guard her well-being now." The sound of Vincent's voice filled the air as the door closed with the audible click of the lock falling into place. "What the hell is your deal?" Adriane pulled out his gun and spun it in her hands, her eyes never leaving his form. "Carrying around an unloaded weapon. What the hell were you trying to do? Scare Roi with it? Though knowing you, you would have it loaded if you could. Which leads me to believe it's broken." She stated, gripping the handle of the gun and aiming it at Vincent, pulling the trigger to hear the empty click. Setting it down on the desk, she moved over to her side of the cell bars and stared hard at him. "I've put up with a lot of your s**t, Vincent. I really have. But this is crossing the line." She took a deep breath, more to steady herself and her own anger than to give him time to speak. "Nobody is trying to hurt your sister! No one here is after Ylaine!" Adriane glared at him, her stormy eyes flashing. She'd made the connections. How could she not have? "I don't know what your past is like. I don't need to know. You're familiar with a gun, you know how to fight. The way you controlled that scene tells me you know full damned well what you're doing. You've said you've seen your friends die to protect Ylaine. I've seen my friends die, too. And I sure as hell will not let anyone else be getting put in the ground while I'm here. Do I make myself clear? Whatever ******** problem you've got about your sister and with Roi or whoever else spends time with her, you deal with it differently. I won't have this happening here. Do I make myself clear?" Her gaze was burning as she stared hard at him, her voice sharp and icy. "I swear, Vincent. You pull something like this again, and what I did to you before will be child's play. You do this again, and I'll not only lock you up but I'll see about sending you off packing, too. As it is, you're not leaving this cell for a good long while. So you might as well start talking and tell me what the ******** was going through your mind and why you did this." It wasn't an idle threat. Adriane meant business. And she was pissed.

Emu Avian

Merlin The Mage

The Musical Geurdo

User Image

Friendly Friend

Roi ¤ MacAoidh
                                                      ¥ Restaurant Cook ¥
                                                ════════════════════════════════
User Image

What time was it? Was it still morning? Had hardly any time passed in that entire encounter? The restaurant didn’t even open yet, but Roi, exhausted in body and mind, was ready to turn in for the rest of the day. Last night did not provide him much rest to begin with because of this blue-haired devil, and to have to run into him and get threatened again this morning (armed this time with a gun of all things!) sapped the redhead of his strength. The sight of gunmetal flashing in the morning sun towards him did much more than terrify him. Roi pressed his head harder into his hands as the formerly repressed memory surged to the surface again; he could almost smell the gunsmoke again mingled with the scent of blood, the burning pain in his side, the angry look flashing in her blue eyes, not too different from the look that Rando had in his own eyes. Roi had disposed of the gun immediately that day, and went great lengths to never come across such a weapon again. His efforts were largely successful for a number of years… until now.

Was he even safe in this town anymore? The blue-haired man had made it abundantly clear that he held no value to Roi’s life, and it could be safely assumed that he would seek to end the redhead on a whim. After all, he had pulled out a pistol and pulled the trigger at him over the matter of a change in Ylaine’s hair. Perhaps there was something more significant to the matter that Roi simply could not understand without some kind of context, but there was no way of telling or finding out; the man was certainly not keen at all on seeking out Rando on his own time to get the answers to his questions anymore. His senses barely registered Rowena bumping down to sit next to him or a dog brushing up against him, but they certainly did not fail to pick up on her singing.

The song was very familiar… The man’s breathing grew steady and his shoulders began to relax as he listened to Rowena sing, her voice slowly getting stronger as she continued. He had encountered and learned of many other musicians in his travels, and in learning about these other musicians he was exposed to some of their music. Unfortunately, due to whatever circumstances, whether they outlived their natural life or disappeared from the face of the planet for one reason or another, Roi never got to hear some music as performed by the original musicians themselves. As he listened more, the song that Rowena sang was in fact familiar, though for the life of him he could not place his finger on where it may have originated from. It didn’t matter though; what mattered now was that he had never heard Rowena like this before! Come to think of it, she had never sang around him. How long has she had a voice like this? Roi lifted his head to stare at the young woman but instead found the red-brown fur of Adriane’s dog, Sarge. ”Sarge…?” Footsteps approached from the side, and Roi was simultaneously surprised and relieved to see Adriane pushing along a handcuffed Rando.

"When you've time, and when you feel as if you can, please come speak to me. The both of you. I want full accounts of what happened." Roi nodded mutely, eyeing Rando warily. The other male seemed nonchalant about the whole thing, bored even. "Sarge will keep you company until you send her away. If anything else happens, send a note with her to me." The redhead could only manage another silent nod in reply.

As the two quickly shuffled off, Roi reached out and scratched Sarge’s ears for a bit, murmuring praises to the dog. He had seen first hand the knack Sarge had for detecting and tracking down illegal or otherwise terribly disruptive activities around the town in the time he had spent hanging out with Adriane in the mornings. It came as no surprise and instead as a massive relief to know that he and Rowena had not slipped under the canine’s radar in their encounter with Rando. Patting Sarge’s head, Roi turned his attention to the young woman next to him to see how she was holding up; it must have not been very easy for her either to see someone pointing a gun at someone she cared about.

”How… how ye doin’ there, lass?” he croaked. Hardly giving her enough time to respond, he suddenly started to envelope Rowena in a gentle embrace, planting a kiss on her head. ”C’mere, you.” He may not know if she had been harmed at all in heart or mind, but he was certainly glad that no physical harm came to her, despite her sudden and reckless intervention between Rando and him. "What ye did back there was pure insanity, Rowena, but don' worry yer little head. I'm not mad at ye."

Merlin the Mage

- Memories_Chained -

Emu Avian

════════════════

With: Rando
                                                At: Restaurant - Outside (CEREUS)
                                                Feeling: Relieved

Partying Prophet

User Image

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

G A R R E T H ✯ A L E X A N D E R --- K I N G

V I N E Y A R D ✕ O W N E R

Company: Alone

OOC:
Merlin The Mage

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

“Oh, damn. How embarrassing,” Garreth chuckled as he was lead away to Maryn’s table. “Well, I’m sure she was at least charmed by the fact that a good-looking man came up and kissed her wrinkly hand. I mean she even winked.” Garreth wanted to laugh aloud but suppressed the laughter, thinking it may attract a few pair of eyes to their table.

Settling down comfortably into his seat, he was caught off guard when Maryn’s hands grabbed his head. “As humorous as that was we do not dine with my mother. She will introduce herself to you and she will not look like a pleasant woman,” she said to him before giving him a peck on the lips. “If she were not here, I would have stayed in my bedroom with you.” And, that was exactly what he would rather have her do at the moment. Some sense of chivalry hit him with a pang. She’s a woman, not a toy, it struck him. That certainly cleared all the nasties that were playing in his mind. So, he remained quiet.

Gesturing the blonde to the food prepared specifically for him, the blonde grabbed the plate and dug into it almost immediately. The poor lad must have been hungry. “I imagined a more hearty meal to your tastes. I will be sticking to fruit this morning,” she muttered to him before having her own time with her cantaloupe.

Wiping his mouth with a napkin like the brought up gentleman, he replied Maryn “Well, it’s not as fancy as the one my chef would usually prepare for breakfast back in New York, but I guess this would do.” A few months in Speranza had him getting use to a commoner’s life. And, honestly, it wasn’t as bad as he thought it would be. Smiling at her, he continued eating.

“You are eating in front of guests?” said an unknown voice. The source was from his side. Wait, how had he not noticed anyone walking pass him? He looked up and was astonished by what he saw. It was a woman whom looked like older version of Maryn; only with a bit of added gloominess. Despite knowing how rude it was to stare, Garreth couldn’t take his eyes off the older woman. This one was definitely Maryn’s mother. He was sure of it.

Garreth stood from his seat as a sign of chivalry.

“Yes, mother. I do have to eat. Speaking in front of guests in such an accusatory manner is far more distasteful, would you not think?” he could hear some sort of distastefulness in Maryn’s voice. He wondered if they got along… certainly, didn’t sound like they did. But, for this, he’d better keep his opinion to himself.

He met the older woman’s eyes. They looked tired. It looked like the result of 50 years of labor, but without taking a toll on its vision and skin complexion. “It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Valji. I’m Garreth King.” She scrutinized her vision on him and proceeded by prodding his blonde hair. It wasn’t what he expected, so he stood very still and struggled to keep his expression cool. It would be very un-garrethly for him to freak out. And, besides, it wasn’t as if he wasn’t used to an older women’s’ touch.

“It is not as well kept as I would have to see. He is not a morning person. The dress is as you described, satisfactory. He seems like a decent businessman. You can trust him to handle the books?”

Books?

“Mother, no living being would wish to be awoken as early as you arrived. That he managed to get dressed and come all the way here from the vineyard after I called him is an impressive feat,” Maryn replied her. It was smooth sailing after that.

The older Valji had insisted Garreth called her by her first name, Ayame. Well, that would have certainly been better than calling her ‘mother’ or ‘mum’. God forbid should that ever happen. Upon first sight, he knew deep down he’d never be able to get along with the older Valji. After shooting a look or two at the pair, Ayame left the two alone.

“Well, she must be the life of every party you’ve attended,” Garreth made a snarky remark as he had his eyes rolled dramatically.

Maryn chuckled. “Do not worry. There will be plenty of nautical items. I found it would be entirely no fun otherwise. Also, she will respond to everything you said when she sees you later. She likes to mull over her non professional interactions until she feels they can be professional. That is why letters really suit her.”

“I’d drink to that if there was alcohol present,” the vineyard owner smirked. Finishing his meal, he looked to his watch. His eyes widened. “What? It’s that late already?” He wiped his mouth once more with his napkin. “I have to go, Maryn. I’ll see you soon,” he kissed her softly on the cheek before leaving the kitchen and the inn entirely. Now on the streets, he stretched his body, flexing every inch of his muscles before shuffling back home.

Risky Risk-Taker

18,825 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Cosmic Repairman 75
  • Planetary Technician 150
User Image

~ Thoughts : "Breakfast is perfect way to start day right.".
                                                                    ~ Location : "Home (Carpenter's Workshop)".
                                                                    ~ With Who : "Lley".

Ignatius awoke in his large bed with a yawn and a stretch. His blankets toppled down from his broad chest as he ran fingers through his sleep tousled hair. Yesterday had been.... eventful, to say the least. Running into one of his least favorite people in town and having to converse with her was not exactly how he had intended to spend his festival day off. He had never imagined anything nice would happen like a confession or something, but that didn't mean he hadn't wanted it to be a nice day anyways. After that his day had just gotten worse. Well, not truly worse for him specifically, but for his friend and that was just as bad in Ignatius' eyes. Lley had come to his house, splattered with mud, looking like a scared child, and all while clutching a flower with roots and dirt and all attached. His farmhand had dug it up for him, but while she meant well the meaning was lost by large on the man carrying the flower. After Ignatius "saved" the flower that had not been in much danger of dying so quickly anyways, he spoke to Lley in an attempt to waylay his fears. Ignatius wasn't sure if he had actually helped the man feel better at all, but he had tried.

Ignatius shifted his leg out of bed and grimaced a bit. No matter how much time passed he felt like he would never get over the feeling of complete loss that came with missing his leg. The fake leg made him feel whole again while he wore it, but he couldn't wear it to bed where he felt extremely exposed and vulnerable. At least Lley's presence in his house seemed to hold the nightmares at bay for a night. He felt more relaxed than he had his whole life since leaving the army and it was a God send. Too bad Lley's return home for this night meant he was going to return to nightmares and sleepless nights. The ex-military swung his fake leg over from where it rested against the wall and slowly fastened it to his stump that hid beneath the leg of his boxers. When he felt it was in place he stood slowly and tested the weight. That was good. With leg in place the hulking giant put on a wife beater to cover his scars and left his bedroom entering the rest of the house. Lley was crashed out on the recliner still and looked like he was still asleep. He could use the rest so Ignatius ignored his scarred friend and headed into the kitchen instead.

If the talk last night had not rid his friend of his fears, perhaps a warm breakfast could do the trick? The house was nowhere near as sweltering as it probably was outside so the warm breakfast would be alright. Ignatius grabbed ingredients to make hash browns, eggs, and bacon and quickly got to work. "How he like his eggs?" Ignatius pondered as he cracked the shells gently against the corner of the counter. He never thought to ask that before. Then again, the only time he really made breakfast for other people was for the rare chance he managed to get a lover for the evening. The man shrugged and figured that scrambled was a safe bet all the time and just went ahead with that plan.

With his meal finished he placed two plates down on the table and poured two glasses of orange juice. "Lley!" he called out, his bellowing voice easily carrying the short distance to the living room. "Breakfast!" The blonde giant felt proud of himself for his work on this breakfast despite the fact that it was not very fancy. He could do better, but fancy and bigger did not equal a good idea at all times. Besides, he felt like there might be chances later down the line to make far more meals for his troubled friend since his farmhand was giving him all sorts of hell in his home life.

The musical Gerudo

Quote:

Risky Risk-Taker

18,825 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Cosmic Repairman 75
  • Planetary Technician 150
User Image

Yves awoke in his bedroom with his blankets tossed to the floor. It was always a feat that he managed to kick them that far in a bed so huge, but he always did this. Even in the winter back at home he accomplished this because he never had to worry about his home being cold. He had few worries growing up that he did not make himself. The blonde yawned, stretched, scratched at his head and slowly crawled his way out of bed. He slept naked, typically, so he felt the need to make himself decent in case the staff were already hard at work in the household. He was a pervert, sure, but he was polite still. The ladies that worked in the house did not deserve to be flashed by their master. How awkward their work would become! Yves showered, dressed, brushed his hair numerous times and brushed his teeth before quickly pulling his hair back into a ponytail with a ribbon. It was always so hot outside that having long hair was sometimes a burden. A burden he was not about to cut off, but a burden nonetheless.

The rich man ate his breakfast and noticed that his manor-mate seemed to be missing still. He bothered him recently. He had accepted Rando's asking to stay here because he would not be alone in the house at night anymore, but he still was. The man seemed to prefer sleeping in jail for some reason. Or so the rumors went. Maybe he had a mistress? A secret wife? A girlfriend? A special overnight hooker? Yves had no idea, but he couldn't think of much outside of a woman that would keep the man away from the manor all night. Where else could be any better than here? The place was designed to be the most prestigious place in town, albeit in one of the worst locations. But hey, he took what he could get to build with.

Yves thanked his staff and bid them adieu as he left the house, walking down the path towards town. He wasn't entirely sure what he was going to do today, but thought about at least going to the restaurant to eat his lunch when that time arrived. Maybe he would take his horse around town later? No, that wouldn't work. He had to figure out something to do with his day, but he just had no idea what as he walked past the blacksmith's shop on his way towards town.

Location: Outside Blacksmith's Company: Myself Thoughts: Hmmmm, what to do today....

User Image

User Image

User Image

Quote:

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

He hadn't put up much of a fight. Adriane was pissed. If he'd gotten into it he would have only gotten excited and hurt her. That wouldn't go over well for trying to woo the woman. He reacted on instinct when he grabbed her wrist but folded after, letting her take the broken pistol, drag him to jail and throw him in a cell. She threw out a few threats. It was her job. If he really had stood up for himself she'd have a damned hard time to send him packing. She fought well. Her hits were pretty hard. Nothing he hadn't been used too. His dad had beaten him hard for insubordination as a child. He'd gotten in plenty of street fights and brawls. Taking a chair to the head and staying conscious was a talent he'd earned, not been given.

"I won't be putting anyone in the ground, heartbreaker. I was just getting the information I needed. Waving a broken pistol around is child's play. Ylaine being my sister has little to do with it either. I throw that word around and all you morons get your knickers in a bunch over family values. I like her the way she is now, useless. Because unlike you, little miss sheriff, she was scary. You still have some emotion under there. You're sad when you lose comrades. You try to protect your own." Emery had none of that. She'd sooner bathe in his blood than cover him for ******** something up. So what if he found it damn well unsettling that she underwent a huge a** change in her life overnight. While he went under the guise of protecting his sister, he keyed in on protecting himself. The only think he protected was her fragmented life. "I'll happily be behind bars for figuring out what I did today. Whatever she's gotten hitched on it isn't anything I need to damn well worry about." Like he'd explained to Roi, she'd only be disappointed and go back to making herself busy. Despite the expressions she wore there were no feelings under her skull anywhere to back them up.

The former mobster sat down on the rough bench in the cell and fell silent. He was relieved to find that Ylaine's change and pursuit was for something completely pointless. Well, certainly not pointless to her from what she thought. She'd abandon the task soon though. His gaze traced the wall, the stones reminding him of nothing in particular. It was a boring cell. He'd always wondered what sort of cell he'd have been stuck in if he hadn't gotten a jail-free card for turning in the rest of the syndicate. The room full of his former comrades dead bodies would have made a fitting prison. A punishment for the betrayal he committed. Instead his punishment seemed to be living in fear of his sister, the former don, regaining her memories. What would she do to him if she knew? Illea would probably be safe. She was useful. But a traitor…

"I want a fresh bagel this time, with cream cheese." He was referring to breakfast the next morning. Inside the cell he could sleep soundly. It was safe. If anything happened to him inside those walls it would falls on the sheriff's shoulders. Laying down on the bench, he closed his eyes, wondering if Adriane would try to continue the conversation. Maybe she'd go and book Ylaine too. She was technically a wanted criminal, even if no one believed him. Even if no one saw it. The softness on her face clawed at his nerves. It was like a new fun facade, bound to slip at any time. "I won't be doing much for a while after this." He didn't want to see Ylaine with her icy blue locks. Hopefully she'd go back to dying it. Despite what others always said he'd felt she looked softer when her hair was pink.

- Memories_Chained -

ζocation Jail House

Ҁompany Adriane

ɱood Calm

ϯhoughts I can rest easy now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff