Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart GO

10,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Popular Thread 100
Ringoringa

By the way, I've been thinking. Generally, in RPs, when people meet a character who is shunned or hated by everyone else for something dumb, like race or gender orientation, everyone likes to be kind and open-minded, which is nice and reflects well on their characters, but kind of undermines the whole point of the discrimination that character faced up until now. Like it's hard to take their lifelong oppression seriously when every single character in the roleplay is so understanding. Basically, what I'm saying is that if you would like a bigoted b***h for Charlotte, I can volunteer Madeline for the job. 3nodding

If not, I'll play Maddy a bit more complex like I originally intended to.

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Cassadega
Ringoringa

By the way, I've been thinking. Generally, in RPs, when people meet a character who is shunned or hated by everyone else for something dumb, like race or gender orientation, everyone likes to be kind and open-minded, which is nice and reflects well on their characters, but kind of undermines the whole point of the discrimination that character faced up until now. Like it's hard to take their lifelong oppression seriously when every single character in the roleplay is so understanding. Basically, what I'm saying is that if you would like a bigoted b***h for Charlotte, I can volunteer Madeline for the job. 3nodding

If not, I'll play Maddy a bit more complex like I originally intended to.

Oh, don't worry, I'm not one to get offended based on how other players' characters react to mine. You play Madeline however you want to play her. xp I know it doesn't necessarily line up with the views of the person behind the character.

Aged Codger

Such wonderful posts, so much sadness. Can't wait to see what everyone does when they are free to go about their ways after this is all done.

Heart GO

10,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Popular Thread 100
Ringoringa
Oh, don't worry, I'm not one to get offended based on how other players' characters react to mine. You play Madeline however you want to play her. xp I know it doesn't necessarily line up with the views of the person behind the character.

Ah, what I meant was that normally I'd play her like an actually decent human being, ie someone who respects people's identities. Very few people want to play actual monsters. But generally that results in characters who are supposed to be outcasts not be outcasted by anybody, which cheapens their past. If you don't feel that way then all is well. It's just that, personally, I get a little miffed if I make a character whose defining trait is being a pariah, and then no one actually treats her as pariah.

El Ogro Borracho
Such wonderful posts, so much sadness. Can't wait to see what everyone does when they are free to go about their ways after this is all done.

I'm actually really interested to see where everyone goes from here. We've ended up with an entire cast of seriously messed up people, especially Darius, Charlotte, and Genesis. Poor babies. crying

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Cassadega
Ringoringa

Ah, what I meant was that normally I'd play her like an actually decent human being, ie someone who respects people's identities. Very few people want to play actual monsters. But generally that results in characters who are supposed to be outcasts not be outcasted by anybody, which cheapens their past. If you don't feel that way then all is well. It's just that, personally, I get a little miffed if I make a character whose defining trait is being a pariah, and then no one actually treats her as pariah.

El Ogro Borracho

I'm actually really interested to see where everyone goes from here. We've ended up with an entire cast of seriously messed up people, especially Darius, Charlotte, and Genesis. Poor babies. crying

Just roleplay her like you want to. It's your character. 4laugh I just want to see more of Madeline the way that you envision her. She makes me laugh almost every time she has a line.
Cassa
4dus21ds:0="Cassadega]

You feel bad for Darius? O.O thats new. I suppose he is sort of a lovable psychopath.

Heart GO

10,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Popular Thread 100
Ringoringa
Just roleplay her like you want to. It's your character. 4laugh I just want to see more of Madeline the way that you envision her. She makes me laugh almost every time she has a line.

Aww, thankies. redface

Slave Boy Westley
You feel bad for Darius? O.O thats new. I suppose he is sort of a lovable psychopath.

He's scary, but what he got was SUPER harsh. Like having an itch you can never scratch but a thousand times worse. Not even Darius deserved that.
Cassadega

That was the sort of feel i was going for. More or less hes going to just keep chasing the high.

Aged Codger

Slave Boy Westley
Cassadega

That was the sort of feel i was going for. More or less hes going to just keep chasing the high.

Just be careful, its a fine line between a reaper and a Revenant. The devil might coose to remind you of that if you go too far.

Relentless Lionheart

i might want to join the fun...
I hope the thing I choose for Annie to give up wasn't too weird or silly. I was kinda thinking of making her give up the ability to get clean, like she would always need the drugs, but I think that would be to much like Darius and make the character a little weird. I dunno.

Space Unicorn

Made myself cry writing that

Aged Codger

Almost ready to move on, I'll be taking us out of hell next then we can loosen up on the whole waiting for everyone to make a post thing.

By my count the only two who still need their weapons are Wedge and Kieran

Romantic Lunatic

Sooo... I took the privilege and made sure Satan likes chocolate... o 3 o

EDIT: I also gave him very strong fingers!~

Aged Codger

If it makes you feel any better, Ryuuta hasn't really acknowledged any one else in the room either.
Also you have put me in quite the position by having the devil sign it for him.
what to do, what to do... hmm.

Shiruba Tekuno

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas