Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kirai Nenshou's Fangirl

Star

13,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Because they think its cute. I saw a baby that looked like a hooker. Tbh I think a baby in A red dress that goes to their knees with white stock I GS on and a red or white head band is perfect for a little girl.
Belinda_DarkFire
Because they think its cute. I saw a baby that looked like a hooker. Tbh I think a baby in A red dress that goes to their knees with white stock I GS on and a red or white head band is perfect for a little girl.

off topic:
yo background turned black then white o3o

when i was 15 (im 33 me old biggrin ) we wore shorts that came down to our knees and flannels biggrin and we were teens

Interesting Phantom

I would personally give them a fashion lesson and say that an outfit looks better when kids don't try to incorporate adult women fashions.
I'd just advise them to follow their school's dress codes and dress accordingly to society.

Hilarious Lunatic

I hate seeing girls 12-14 yrs old dressing like sluts. It sickens me. You're just setting your kid up for rape.

Sparkling Explorer

6,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I think the parents get lazy or they grew up a certain way and make it extreme for the kids they have. I honestly don't see anything wrong with restricting a child from doing certain things, but when it comes to yelling/pushing the child to do that, that is when it is crossing the line. Parents should take a course in parenting or learn how to be patient and loving.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
legnanellaf5
How is wearing short shorts and a tube top dressing like a prostitute? Isn't that just like...what you wear if it is really hot? I dont think you actually seen what whores wear, just want to slut shame some preteens for wearing clothes. How is wearing short shorts not being kids?

They could wear, I dunno, jeans and a t-shirt?
I'm from a country where it is hot and sunny all year round and most people don't wear short shorts and tube tops AT ALL, unless they are on the beach.
That's just asking for a sunburn.
And yes, I have seen what hookers wear; it's the same types of clothes we like to push on little girls sans the fishnet stocking and knee high boots.

Proud Cyclops

14,100 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I say as long as the child is living under their roof, the parent should have a say in what they wear. I don't understand people who let their kids do whatever they want. Parents are supposed to regulate them and create boundaries, not allow their child to think they rule the world.

Proud Cyclops

14,100 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
legnanellaf5
How is wearing short shorts and a tube top dressing like a prostitute? Isnt that just like...what you wear if it is really hot? I dont think you actually seen what whores wear, just want to slut shame some preteens for wearing clothes. How is wearing short shorts not being kids?

I think the op many booty shorts and tube tops that show too much. I live out in the desert and it gets really got here, so I get it if people want to wear less. It's just that there's also the people who wear shorts with their asses literally hanging out and tube tops that are cropped at the bottom and showing too much cleavage. I've seen twelve year olds try to wear this. It's just immodest no matter what age you are.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Because grown-ups are sexualizing children and sometimes not realizing it.
I think what confuses me is that a lot of women constantly don't want to be objectified, but the way they dress tells a different story.

If you don't want to be treated like an object, stop dressing up like one. We all know it was a guy who invented the bikini, and he had to hire prostitutes as models to sell his product.

What your wear should be a frame for your face, not the other way around.
This is why I'm glad I have a son who is in to dude stuff.
He loved daddy's Megatron belt. Pants have decent, not gross, holes in them. Shirts range from punk bands to tv shows... and vans.
He wants to dye his hair green and get a mohawk.. Just like piercings, I told him when he's 13 and learns responsibility.
That's what it's about, to me. How responsible the child can be with how they look. How they wear it. How they act.

Timid Seeker

9,525 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
disney butts
Better question, why are we sexualizing twelve and thirteen year olds?

Thisss.

Timid Ladykiller

Jesus this thread both makes me happy and sickens me. As a soon to be mother I actually spent a long time thinking about this, and thinking hard about it because I know it has a chance of coming up at some point in my child's preteen/teen years.
Its dangerous to let children dress however they want because there are sick people in this world that associate clothing with sex and that is disgusting thing. Letting your daughter walk out of the house not fully covered from head to toe is often "asking for it" and hell, being a girl is "asking for it". What my child wears is only going to increase her chances of being treated in a way that she doesn't deserve, isn't old enough to be treated, or worse, attacked. So, instead of policing what my child wears and telling her that she has to hide herself in fear of being attacked, I'll teach her, and give her the tools to defend herself and let her dress as she pleases so long as she's not completely nude.

And of course part of me hopes her role model is a Muslim woman who wears a hijab and she'll want to dress just like her, not because I think being covered is more important, because as a mother I will always be terrified at a man looking at my child and seeing her in a sexual way as opposed to what she is. A child. And the fact that dressing light is dressing like a "slut" at 13 years old says really sick things about the way some people view children.
some people just aren't good parents. I know some that just let kids aged 3+ wander the streets without supervision.

I don't get the clothing thing though, cause I'm 20 and my mum usually comments on how short my dress/skirts/shorts are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff