Welcome to Gaia! ::

One last thing... Any predictions?

It'll be two journal pages from Gino. 0.43243243243243 43.2% [ 32 ]
We'll see Edmund and Vanessa's honeymoon. 0.22972972972973 23.0% [ 17 ]
It's all about the Turtle god. 0.33783783783784 33.8% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]

Time-traveling Senshi

And with things in high gear for the update I give you our semi weak plot discussion.

The May 4 plot discussion:

✘ Do you feel better or worse knowing Franco is definitely dead?
          ✘ Can Cordell rally the Dark Elves to take down their possessed leader?
          ✘ Is Cordell stepping up to become a leader?
          ✘ Will the remaining Dark Elves ally with Gino or become a third faction in the battle?
          ✘ Can Luca be saved from Nyx?
          ✘ Will we ever learn more about that book Cordell was reading?

Bonus Question: Edmund, been able to scar Zhivago, he has, possess a mysterious power does he, hmm? Herh herh herh. (So is Edmund Gaia's version of a Jedi master?)

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Jisen Meizuki
Poor Franco. And it's too bad there won't be a funeral for him.

And while it's nice that Cordell is taking the leadership role, it's still left the question about her knowledge of Nyx. Like who wrote the book? How does the author know Nyx as well as how to defeat him?

Because the only person besides Gaia and her sons would be Ambition if he decided to wrote it.

I imagine that there were reporter or scholarly type people back then who recorded observations and had theories about all the godly stuff that's going around.

At least that's what I want to believe. Otherwise, how do magical libraries get their ancient texts in the first place?

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500

Never really knew the guy. But I guess that's one less character to keep tabs on in the future. :/

Cordell (Sir!) has obviously established her authorithy amongst her group so I don't see why she can't get the rest of them under her wing.

She was technically a leader way before this. It's just that her brother had the higher authority, being the older of the two siblings.

✘ Will the remaining Dark Elves ally with Gino or become a third faction in the battle?

Welp, it's either throw yourselves at the still powerful god with death and destruction at his fingertips, or back Gino up.

On that note, I'm wondering when the Nyxians will attack Gino to incapacitate him for their Dark Lord.

Considering his condition before the merge, I'm thinking that if Nyx does leave his body, he might only have enough time left to say some farewell words to his sister. crying

If we get to see Cordell explain her plan of action to her group, we may learn what it is that she read, but I don't think we'll get anymore than that.

• Bonus Question: Edmund, been able to scar Zhivago, he has, possess a mysterious power does he, hmm? Herh herh herh. (So is Edmund Gaia's version of a Jedi master?)

Could be a magical elven sword, or it could be a secret skill. If only we could find out more. *throwaway glance at staff*

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Salathielly
Pie
Salathielly
... and still no goddess Gaia item. >.>;;

Just to verify, you guys did see that one Staff Update about the Flashback event, right? The one that suggests there will be a Gaia item available at the end, in exchange for a full set of this month's daily grants, unopened?

I did see that and got excited! Still, it didn't specify "goddess" Gaia. I'm hoarding unopened daily grants all the same.

And there still isn't one that exists now on the site currently. xD;;

I'm thinking that the grants are going to be one big alchemy formula so I really need to collect multiples of the daily grants so that if that is the Goddess Gaia item, I can alchemize copies.

Btw, "Goddess Gaia" is something I am trying to 'coin' to eliminate confusion between the character and the site in general.

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
✘ Do you feel better or worse knowing Franco is definitely dead?: Considering how far he fell, I'm kind of surprised he's still recognizable.
✘ Can Cordell rally the Dark Elves to take down their possessed leader?: Yeah. I imagine she could.
✘ Is Cordell stepping up to become a leader?: She already has.
✘ Will the remaining Dark Elves ally with Gino or become a third faction in the battle?: Yes. In by which I mean they will both be going after Nyx but likely with different strategies.
✘ Can Luca be saved from Nyx?: That would depend on a lot of factors, like what spell they use. If they could separate the Nyx mind whilst leaving the body with some sort of energy, he could come back healthier. But it's likely too late to separate the minds.
✘ Will we ever learn more about that book Cordell was reading?: I hope so.

Bonus Question: Edmund, been able to scar Zhivago, he has, possess a mysterious power does he, hmm? Herh herh herh. (So is Edmund Gaia's version of a Jedi master?): Not sure. I just hope he doesn't die like one.

Elfin Guildsman

Chibi Halo
          And with things in high gear for the update I give you our semi weak plot discussion.

The May 4 plot discussion:

Bonus Question: Edmund, been able to scar Zhivago, he has, possess a mysterious power does he, hmm? Herh herh herh. (So is Edmund Gaia's version of a Jedi master?)

i called it. I called it way back in the last plot discussion ! i Still think that Edmund's "power" is in his sword. THat the sword is Elvish and that is why it can hurt vampires.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Honesty Kruse
Jisen Meizuki
Poor Franco. And it's too bad there won't be a funeral for him.

And while it's nice that Cordell is taking the leadership role, it's still left the question about her knowledge of Nyx. Like who wrote the book? How does the author know Nyx as well as how to defeat him?

Because the only person besides Gaia and her sons would be Ambition if he decided to wrote it.

I imagine that there were reporter or scholarly type people back then who recorded observations and had theories about all the godly stuff that's going around.

At least that's what I want to believe. Otherwise, how do magical libraries get their ancient texts in the first place?

I think the word you are looking for is Scribe. Or something along those lines. But yeah, that is pretty much what I was thinking. Along with the story-tellers and Wandering Minstrels.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100

A little saddened, actually, regardless.

I have no doubts. She indicates that she wants to rescue her brother. They might feel the same way and would follow her in that effort, I believe.

✘ Is Cordell stepping up to become a leader? Never doubted that she already had long before this but that her loyalty to her brother prevented her from stepping into the lime light.

Yet to be seen

Yet to be seen, but perhaps because you never know. Love is the most powerful Force in the Universe and as long as you follow it in the light even in the dark, anything is possible.

Yet to be seen

As an obvious expert in swordsmanship and possessing a sword made by Elves capable of harming vampires...

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

A little saddened, considering I hoped he might've survived and teamed up with Cordell or something. Guess that theory's down the drain.

I think she's already in the process of doing so. There's also some Vampires there too, so it looks like the fragments of the underground not allied with Nyx are following Cordell.

Possibly. It sure looks like it, but I don't know if she'll stay a leader or is merely taking the mantle of Rebel Leader.

I think the Dark Elves will actually be a divided faction, with members of the race on both sides. There will be some who follow their Don, and others will follow Cordell who will most likely throw her lot in with Gino. However the battle ends up, the Dark Elf race will be changed dramatically.

I'm...not 100% sure. On the one hand, the cover makes me think something further will happen to Luca, but considering what we saw in the last chapter...would he event want to be saved?

I hope so, just like I hope Zhivago shows up soon. Loose threads will need tying up, and whatever Cordell read in that book is one of them.

Possess it he might, but to tell, too soon it is. Unanswered questions there are. Discover someday, only hope we can.

emotion_awesome

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Yesss....

Embrace your destiny, Cordell. Lead the dark elves, and make them into the cool-and-probably-kinda-evil-but-not-in-the-destroy-the-entire-world-kind-of-way Mafia they were always meant to be. emotion_kirakira
Are you guys really backing a potential leader candidate in a violent gang?

Also, this is Yeata Zi's mule. So I don't feel liek a jerk.

Versatile Wolf

24,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Docta PH34R

They're just curious, I think. Aren't you curious about where this may go?

Time-traveling Senshi

Docta PH34R

It's more like a thread title recap of the page we got overnight. Besides, if it means coming to the same goal in the end, stopping Nyx from destroying the entire planet, then we'll be willing to make temporary truces. I don't think Cordell is necessarily an evil person just very protective of her brother. She does what she does because she wants to protect him from the greatest threat to his very well being, himself.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
✘ Do you feel better or worse knowing Franco is definitely dead? I already felt he was a goner so this is just closure for his character. RIP Franco.
✘ Can Cordell rally the Dark Elves to take down their possessed leader? Unless there is something in that book Cordell was reading, I doubt they have any kind of an edge.
✘ Is Cordell stepping up to become a leader? She's already sort of a leader, anyway, it's not a surprise. Go Cordell!
✘ Will the remaining Dark Elves ally with Gino or become a third faction in the battle?Hopefully they'll back Gino somehow. I hate having uneven numbers in parties to keep up with.
✘ Can Luca be saved from Nyx? I'm with the crowd that he's not going to survive this....
Maybe, but I don't think we'll learn alot.

There's a purple jedi sword out now (it's also green) so I see Gaia the 4th on the brain, too. I do think Edmund is the kind to have aces hidden in his sleeve, so I am curious to see if the sword's abilit(ies) make an appearance.

Fluffy Otaku

Kill off Luca-tan? Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!?!??!??!?!!!! gonk
I mean, who's Cordel gonna go with to teh animu conventions now that oniichan is gone?!?? dramallama

(Yeah, sure, the GBoi Turbo RIG plot was not cannon, manga-plot wise, but it sure is a fun character-concept! A Mafia Don totally into anime conventions! lol
And there was the somewhat OOC bit in the Rejected Olymipcs comics. Louie has yet to repeat what he said about the Don before: "Ooh! So cute!"---sadly he cant say the same about NyxLuca now....We have Slick and the Nyx-worshippers for that! Lol xd )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff