Total Votes:[ 74 ]

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
The Iron Magus

Purty.

I saw like, 1 or 2 episodes of Cardcaptors as a kid... Seemed pretty nifty, and I always meant to go back and check it out properly, but I never did. xp

Having seen the entire series now, I can tell "Cardcaptors" would've never been entirely translated as long as it was marketed to young children. Too many controversial relationships.(teacher/student, multiple same sex crushes and couple, romantic relationships between elementary kids....). xD I still love the opening song they wrote for it, as cheesy as it was.

Lavish Ladykiller

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
`Hydro
The Iron Magus

Purty.

I saw like, 1 or 2 episodes of Cardcaptors as a kid... Seemed pretty nifty, and I always meant to go back and check it out properly, but I never did. xp

Having seen the entire series now, I can tell "Cardcaptors" would've never been entirely translated as long as it was marketed to young children. Too many controversial relationships.(teacher/student, multiple same sex crushes and couple, romantic relationships between elementary kids....). xD I still love the opening song they wrote for it, as cheesy as it was.

Indeed. Think of the childrens, and all that. American children are much more delicate than them foreign children.

Huh. I see that it's on crunchyroll, but... you have to be a paying member to watch past episode 6? mad
Is that a thing now? I thought Crunchyroll let you watch all but the newest episode of anything, albeit SD and ad-supported.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
The Iron Magus
`Hydro
The Iron Magus

Purty.

Indeed. Think of the childrens, and all that. American children are much more delicate than them foreign children.

Huh. I see that it's on crunchyroll, but... you have to be a paying member to watch past episode 6? mad
Is that a thing now? I thought Crunchyroll let you watch all but the newest episode of anything, albeit SD and ad-supported.

I haven't used crunchyroll, but Cardcaptor Sakura is not a newer anime. I don't know where else one can watch it online, because can't recall who did the dubbing/subbing for it. I know funimation hosts some of it's content on youtube and then requires you to watch the subbed episodes past a certain point.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
`Hydro
The Iron Magus
`Hydro
The Iron Magus

Purty.

I haven't used crunchyroll, but Cardcaptor Sakura is not a newer anime. I don't know where else one can watch it online, because can't recall who did the dubbing/subbing for it. I know funimation hosts some of it's content on youtube and then requires you to watch the subbed episodes past a certain point.

Meh. mad
I know it's super old, that's why I was surprised at the lockout.
Don't these companies know they OWE me free entertainment? dramallama

Fluffy Otaku

Chibi Halo
Penn Almasy
The Iron Magus
Penn Almasy
His backstory? ******** if I recall.

If there was something like a Vampires in Havana thing going on where someone was actively hiding Ian, sure, that'd make a wee bit more sense. But... there isn't. question
Neither vampirism nor nobility really suit him, you know? He's always just been this kind of goofy everyman who is way too fond of his cat. I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

I demand a retcon. xd
Maybe it's supposed to be the background-story-foil to Louie, who IS used to being nobility and grew up not needing to work a day in his life? Biggest problem I see is that after all that hullabaloo, the brothers were barely ever seen by each other again. Like, they've been separated since they were kids, how are they NOT spending time together getting to know each other??

And I might need to reread that manga, but who DID hide Ian when he escaped Vladimir? Someone had to wipe his memory clean and basically dye his hair from childhood up until now.

As far as I recall things the way Ian looked as a child was due to the vampire influence of his father's genetics. Edmund, who was not only close to Johnny but also Rosalie, had been working on a serum to cure people of their vampirism. When they went back for both of the boys and were only able to rescue Ian he brought the boy to Johnny's house who then promptly rejected him. Ian was then placed with the family who ran what would eventually become Barton Boutique and had a relationship with the line of talking cats Rufus comes from.

It would stand to reason, as it was said while he was in hiding after the trial, that Edmund gave Ian regular injections of the serum he had been working on to reverse the effects of being a vampire. With Vlad's DNA pretty much repressed his mother's DNA took over and we got the Ian we first met all those years back. I would think because of the nature of the situation in which he was taken in order to be with his mother Ian repressed all the nasty memories of losing his brother and his mother being shot before his eyes. Add to that what his step-father did to his foster family by kicking them off the Isle forcing them to move to Barton and it's no wonder he never mentioned having a brother until fall of 2007 when Zhivago was out to kill people again.

We can't be certain that it's gospel canon truth but it is one very likely theory of a portion of Ian's background.

[
/quote]
Ooooohhh!!! Thank you for this! It's a "loose end" I had never really thought about until the conversation came up! And to think that arc is soooooo ooooollllddd (relative to other arcs, that is)
It kinda sucks that Gaia isn't really good at tying up loose ends, but it's because of users like you who come up with such plausible theories that I can get some sort of closure :3

Golden Girl

25,150 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Scarface 150
Two pages today? Or just one? I can't wait!

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I didn't see a notice but I think the new page is up. I don't recall seeing page 40 before today.

Time-traveling Senshi

Damn it Sen you take six zillion steps forward and then take twenty zillion steps backwards with one little line. It looks like you haven't learned a single thing in your entire trip with Marius. You're still just as hung up on the whole god thing than you are about doing the right thing. Marius wants to help you do the right thing and you reject him and Gaia in one fell swoop because you hate mortals it seems. Yeah I see where this is going. Keep it up and you'll die alone with barely any friends.

And that leads us into the discussion for this week, which has me thinking you'll be focusing more on the bonus question for this week.

The September 12 plot update discussion:

✖ Did Sen really learn anything from Gaia?
          ✖ Do you think Sen actually hates mortals?
          ✖ Why is being the crappiest god better than being the greatest woman?
          ✖ Did Nyx!Luca actually buy the whole fake Gino death plot?
          ✖ Cresento dead, alive, or what?
          ✖ Is Nyx!Luca rushing things with his attack plans?
          ✖ Is Nyx!Luca still fondling Gino's bloody shirt?

Bonus Question: Fourteen years ago Johnny said to Cindy's father/uncle that Gino would become history's greatest man. Given the light of the recent plot did Johnny know something he was keeping from people back then?

Lavish Ladykiller

Sen is so full of vinegar. whee I love it.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Chibi Halo

As far as I recall things the way Ian looked as a child was due to the vampire influence of his father's genetics. Edmund, who was not only close to Johnny but also Rosalie, had been working on a serum to cure people of their vampirism. When they went back for both of the boys and were only able to rescue Ian he brought the boy to Johnny's house who then promptly rejected him. Ian was then placed with the family who ran what would eventually become Barton Boutique and had a relationship with the line of talking cats Rufus comes from.

It would stand to reason, as it was said while he was in hiding after the trial, that Edmund gave Ian regular injections of the serum he had been working on to reverse the effects of being a vampire. With Vlad's DNA pretty much repressed his mother's DNA took over and we got the Ian we first met all those years back. I would think because of the nature of the situation in which he was taken in order to be with his mother Ian repressed all the nasty memories of losing his brother and his mother being shot before his eyes. Add to that what his step-father did to his foster family by kicking them off the Isle forcing them to move to Barton and it's no wonder he never mentioned having a brother until fall of 2007 when Zhivago was out to kill people again.

We can't be certain that it's gospel canon truth but it is one very likely theory of a portion of Ian's background.

By Genetics and DNA, are you referring to his hair color? Because I'm pretty sure he had a line of shop dialog at one point saying he "got tired of dying it" explaining why it's black now.

Golden Girl

25,150 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Scarface 150
Looks like it's one page a week from now on.

Time-traveling Senshi

The Iron Magus
Chibi Halo

By Genetics and DNA, are you referring to his hair color? Because I'm pretty sure he had a line of shop dialog at one point saying he "got tired of dying it" explaining why it's black now.

At this point with the way they seem to be reworking things it's hard to know what's still canon and what's not. Plus, it's just a theory and not all of it is going to be right.

Gaius Becker's Queen

Godly Cultist

.:The Sentinel has deemed you worthy of her words, mortal...

Sentinel confirmed for perfect.

"I think I'd still rather devour this world in flames while legions
of demons poke at the few remaining survivors with tridents.
That sounds more my speed."
:.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

For loosely discussion points:

Sentinel probably hates more about how weak (read: no powers) mortals are rather than humans themselves, since there isn't much difference between gods and humans, personality wise

And cresento ahahahahahahahah
He gon get beat up
//lies down on the ground

Especially how Luca describes him as a coward, he probably wouldn't betray him, but he still did. I think Luca is gonna be much more outraged at him than if it was someone else who has a strong will and is like.... The type you'd expect to betray them. Like nicolae, for example.

I hope either of those tow can appear next week, it's been so long

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces