Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Garbage

Now, don't get me wrong, people need to make gold, but...

When I see a gold shop item that is 400g in the MP for 399,999,999 , something is a bit wrong there. No, this isn't a thread bashing on Artificial Inflation, but I think there needs t be an option to report vends like those.

OR.

Put it somewhere in the code that when selling a GS item in the MP, the price can only be raised 5%-10% higher than the original store price.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
IDS Wheatley

When I see a gold shop item that is 400g in the MP for 399,999,999 , something is a bit wrong there.

I had always wondered why someone would do that in the first place.

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

Why does it matter if someone puts something from the gold shops into the MP? sweatdrop It's user run, people can do what they want. They're not doing anything wrong, I don't think it can be considered scamming when it says plain as day on the page what the item is worth in the gold shops and which shop you can get it at.
edit* wait.... u say gold shop items?? my bad sweatdrop
not sure if it works the same as inflating starter items.

Its well Known that some people tend to Inflate those items to scamm users.
that tactic is used when selling Outfits.

yet. Gaiaonline wont do anything if you dont provide evidence.

if you have you may report their Profile

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-gaia-exchange/gaia-exchange-rules-and-guidelines/t.46451237_3/#3
Misrepresenting store bought items as being worth more than they actually are is considered Scamming and is NOT permitted.

Claiming or Implying that a store bought item is worth more than it really is. Especially when used together with over-inflated marketplace values of said store item.
You can sell for however much you feel, as long as you arent trying to scam people by telling them that the store item is actually worth more or equal to the item that you're trying to trade them for (when it isn't). Nothing with normal market/trading has changed.
- Example of what is NOT allowed. "I'll trade my tiki totem for your katana! The tiki is worth more than the katana, see! (link to inflated marketprice)"
- Example of what IS allowed. "I'll trade my tiki totem for your katana! If you want to, send trade!"

Salty Pal

dumb
you don't need to instill more rules for something like this
just don't buy a gold shop item that an idiot lists for way above its price
pretty simple cat_smile

ShadowVer's Queen

Chatty Lunatic

31,725 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Zanark Avalonic
IDS Wheatley

When I see a gold shop item that is 400g in the MP for 399,999,999 , something is a bit wrong there.

People don't realize that it's sold in the shops or it doesn't have a link the shop it's sold in.

Then people pay too much.

Sacher Torte's Husband

Diamond Darling

14,725 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
No automated stuff PLEASE! Most RIG items have a sell back, coding to differ between them would probably be too hard.
They'd be limited to 10% above their sell back as well. No, thank you.

There's already a link above the listing to the shop, so I don't see the big deal.

Just do what I do, buy the item cheap from the gold shop and re-list it at a lower price. The price will fall enough if you do it enough.

I don't think it's scamming to list higher. They aren't saying that it's worth that much. They're just listing at a price that's silly-high. People do that with RIG items when they first come out too, and you could argue that people who overspend on a common RIG item are "scammed" by this description because it's claimed it's more rare than it is through pricing. Which it isn't.

While not ideal, I don't think anything should be done to enforce it. People should learn to read the descriptor, and check their mispriced prices before buying or listing. No more unnecessary interference please.

Valiant Jackling

ColoredxNoodles
Zanark Avalonic
IDS Wheatley

People don't realize that it's sold in the shops or it doesn't have a link the shop it's sold in.

Then people pay too much.

Virtually all, if not all, store items have a link to their given store. If people pay too much for a store item then that is their own stupidity.

If you go to a REAL life auction house and know jack squat about an item, you might end up paying 3x what you would if you actually researched the item (which sometimes only involves a quickly google search). At least on Gaia they offer ALL the information on the default MP listing. It's the buyers own fault if they want to ignore the text, which takes no more than 30 seconds to read.

Valiant Jackling

Rhaego
edit* wait.... u say gold shop items?? my bad sweatdrop
not sure if it works the same as inflating starter items.

Its well Known that some people tend to Inflate those items to scamm users.
that tactic is used when selling Outfits.

yet. Gaiaonline wont do anything if you dont provide evidence.

if you have you may report their Profile

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-gaia-exchange/gaia-exchange-rules-and-guidelines/t.46451237_3/#3
Misrepresenting store bought items as being worth more than they actually are is considered Scamming and is NOT permitted.

Claiming or Implying that a store bought item is worth more than it really is. Especially when used together with over-inflated marketplace values of said store item.
You can sell for however much you feel, as long as you arent trying to scam people by telling them that the store item is actually worth more or equal to the item that you're trying to trade them for (when it isn't). Nothing with normal market/trading has changed.
- Example of what is NOT allowed. "I'll trade my tiki totem for your katana! The tiki is worth more than the katana, see! (link to inflated marketprice)"
- Example of what IS allowed. "I'll trade my tiki totem for your katana! If you want to, send trade!"

in the case of the MP it is not a scam, as they aren't claiming anything is worth any given amount. They simply list their objects for whatever they want. It's up to the buyer to see if the price is accurate. This is true with any any every real life sales related website on the planet. It's even more the case in real life auction houses, which is what the MP is made to stimulate.

Scamming would be telling people, in message or post, that the item is worth X, knowing full well it's worth y. That exchange is not happening on the MP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff