Loyal Codger

Tenauri's Significant Otter

Loyal Codger

Loyal Codger

Loyal Codger

Lightbringer

I thought your username looked familiar - we were in one of Callista Cirilla's RPs, Into a World of Illusion. We never actually talked but yeah. Hi.

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    Oh yeah, I vaguely remember you from the OOC, I think.
    Hi there! :)

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
Aye, I didn't have much presence. Plus I ditched not too long after I joined because I'm a bad person. ._.;

How have you been, and your search, stranger?

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    Don't feel too bad. I'm pretty sure I killed it, orz.
    Or at least it feels that way.

I've been okay, I suppose. And yourself?
    My roleplay search is...on-again off-again, haha.

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
United we stand, divided we fall. I don't think the blame rests on a singular person's shoulders, for what it's worth. *patpat*

I've been well. I feel my creativity juices flowing a bit so I thought I'd nose around some RPs. Admittedly I don't really know any of the fandoms you listed besides Attack on Titan, and while I love the show, I haven't tried any RPs about it. I think it's because I was really into Sword Art Online and it turned out poorly after several RP attempts, and didn't want that to happen for another series I liked.

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    Haha, I know, I know. But it still feels like it.

Gosh, been there before. I hate it when that sort of thing happens. Which is kinda why my Attack on Titan thing is a kinda-sorta-not really.
    The last few roleplays I tried with that either didn't get off the ground or it just...fell apart in every way.

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
Yeaaah. I try to give a lot of slack because I like seeing peoples' writing skill increase with practice, but sometimes it's a real challenge. And then, for the people that are way above me and can churn out a mini-novel per post I'm just like gaaah why @_@

I notice that you like original creations, though. What sorta stuff, specifically, do you like in that vein?

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    I enjoy a well written post, long or short. But sometimes I see a reply and I become quite intimidated. Especially when I'm harped at for various reasons (like word choice, length, or needing to post more often). More-so when people are more eloquent than I am, orz.

Mm...as far as original stuff goes? Anything, really. Taking my shoddy OCs and tossing them into various settings, taking an existing setting (like a game universe) and twisting it around a bit, or whatever. [/shrug]

I do enjoy fantasy related things a lot more, since fantasy can incorporate a ton of other things.
    School settings are...not quite my cup-o-tea anymore since they always run into the ground quickly.
    But I'm willing to give different things a shot. :)

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
The thing that always seemed odd to me about very lengthy posts is the flow of time. It seems to me that the only way to have those big posts, besides describing something in incredibly vivid detail or delving into memories, is to do a lot of things at once. And in doing so, you kinda direct the flow of events, making assumptions that the other poster doesn't have a different intent. And like, you can collaborate with the person to make it work, but at that point it feels like you spend more time planning than actually writing.

Wow that became a tangent. Anyway. I like fantasy settings a lot as well. In particular, I enjoy adventuring, with the characters seeing/experiencing incredible things, like meeting deities and finding ancient secrets, and having the characters' core beliefs being heavily challenged, calling their morals into question and stuff.

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    I've never thought about it like that before. o3o

I just like adventuring and things like that. Fantasy let's you add things to spice it all up if it starts to run into the ground. [/shrug]

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
    I've never thought about it like that before. o3o

I just like adventuring and things like that. Fantasy let's you add things to spice it all up if it starts to run into the ground. [/shrug]
It's a part of what confuses me and turns me off to the idea.

Aye, the ease of adding in new details is one of fantasy's strengths. About a year ago or so, I started adopting the idea of 'if something isn't interesting, then make it interesting' in every RP I do now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff