Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
So my brother and I were watching the Sneetches movie with my nephew today and something hit us both. Gaiaonline has become the Sneetches. I read that book as well as other Dr. Seuss books growing up and his books had such strong messages in them.

The audio version of the book: The Sneetches

I know the inflation talk has been going on for months now, but it's like what a friend a former developer quoted, "Really Gaia Really? Is gold all your care about?" I guess the point is we are all a community and we are all different. Gaia may profit off of our difference, but by the end of the day we are all Gaians no matter what we do on this site or who we are. Some may have "green stars on their belly" while others do not. We may pay to try to be different, but point is our avis appearances don't determine who we are. We do. There is a person behind every computer screen using this site and we can fight between our difference or we can get to know each other and bond as a community again. This site is called Gaiaonline for a reason and I would love the site to have that community feel again. Yes all the changes may suck and make us unhappy, but the coolest part about Gaiaonline is that there are no borders. We are able to talk to people all over the world. Wars happen everyday all over the world, but this site gives us an opportunity not to let prejudice get in the way and talk to people we would have never had the opportunity meeting otherwise. It may take time in order to warm up to people.

I'm an extremely shy person ever since I was little, so you may say, "Oh I don't have friends on here and I just like keeping to myself." I thought that for awhile too and avoided forums for a couple years, but I had some zOMG! developers and really neat people make me feel like I was apart of the community and very welcoming. So explore the site, find some common interests with strangers. Get to know someone. If anything this site has made me more open with talking to people with not only on Gaiaonline, but also in real life. Give people a chance before judging them and you'd be surprise what adventures you can have with a now stranger but possible new friend.

Retro Punk

awwww. crying emotion_hug emotion_brofist

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Dr. Who! I wuv you already! In a friendly way!

Melodious Loiterer

14,900 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I do think that there is a major "wealth" disparity happening on Gaia, but most people do seem friendly still.

biggrin With that said, hello!

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Tsuki No Tragedy
I do think that there is a major "wealth" disparity happening on Gaia, but most people do seem friendly still.

Hi and wow shocked people read this thread now. Yeah I've noticed people have been very generous despite or because of inflation. So in that way I'm feeling the community feel again. It just stinks with the Gaia events having solidarity activities going on now. I love the events in which we work together as a community the best. Today is earth day or no mini event or anything for it. I makes me sad. All the other years I've been on Gaia there at least was a free item grant and announcement about it. I know the site is just going through rough times right now.

Playful Guildswoman

This:

"...the coolest part about Gaiaonline is that there are no borders. We are able to talk to people all over the world."

Sadly, I've seen many people leave since management decided Gaia was past the '10-year site limit' and moved into 'pay to win' mode. It's been hard on users and employees alike.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

They at least threw up a "Hot Topic" for Earth Day:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/earth-day/f.621/

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Freaksrus
Dr. Who! I wuv you already! In a friendly way!

It's ok. It's actually because of my brother and the zOMG! dev meats why I got into the show. Like I watched five seasons in a three week span when I wasn't walking on Netflix. My parents got tired of me watching the show after awhile but I became hooked.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Guin - Aoiichi
awwww. crying emotion_hug emotion_brofist

emotion_hug If you hadn't posted Guin, I doubt this thread would have gotten noticed. Thank you for posting and sharing the link on your status.

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Friend! emotion_kirakira

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
jellykans
This:

"...the coolest part about Gaiaonline is that there are no borders. We are able to talk to people all over the world."

Sadly, I've seen many people leave since management decided Gaia was past the '10-year site limit' and moved into 'pay to win' mode. It's been hard on users and employees alike.

Yeah what I love most about it. I've made friends from all over the world. It made me sad when I came back from my hiatus and found so many friends quit. The site is going through rough times. I wonder if that's a reason why people are leaving the site too because the site has passed that 10 year mark and not seeing as much progress as other social sites that have been around for an even shorter period of time. I guess Gaia has to step up their game, so to speak. They aren't a baby site anymore. I'm kind of at the point that I don't care if I can't afford the new shinies on this site anymore, but if Gaia wants to keep me around, at least make the site fun and entertaining again.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Rabid-Turtle

They at least threw up a "Hot Topic" for Earth Day:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/earth-day/f.621/

That's good that forum is a hot topic again at least. smile Thank you for pointing it out Rabid.

Melodious Loiterer

14,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Scobre
Tsuki No Tragedy

Hi and wow shocked people read this thread now. Yeah I've noticed people have been very generous despite or because of inflation. So in that way I'm feeling the community feel again. It just stinks with the Gaia events having solidarity activities going on now. I love the events in which we work together as a community the best. Today is earth day or no mini event or anything for it. I makes me sad. All the other years I've been on Gaia there at least was a free item grant and announcement about it. I know the site is just going through rough times right now.

I put blame not on the community, but on those who want us to spend more and more money. The direction of this site used to be focused on building community, but when you shove ten announcements per day about new CS items, it becomes more like a pay to play site than what a lot of people are comfortable with.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Tsuki No Tragedy
Scobre
Tsuki No Tragedy

I put blame not on the community, but on those who want us to spend more and more money. The direction of this site used to be focused on building community, but when you shove ten announcements per day about new CS items, it becomes more like a pay to play site than what a lot of people are comfortable with.

It's funny when the announcements are starting to annoy a former developer as well. I'm not putting blame on the community and didn't mean if this thread portrayed that. It just made me feel really ill when the day I came back my hiatus going into rally and seeing someone get picked on for wearing a ninja start outfit. So I spoke up for them and I kind of prefer that outfit over the ugly clutter avi the troll was wearing. It's like greed has changed the feel of the community. Kind of hard to explain I guess. It's like with inflation I'm learning a lot about people. How a change in environment or in this case spending can change a community of people. I just wish people wouldn't let all the silly decisions Gaia makes make them turn against each other. I saw this when the z!F had an abuse and integrity ring fight and it's just sad seeing it again in the SF and GCD and slowly creeping onto the other forums and flash spaces as well. It's like we don't need to fight over someone else's decisions. If we are unhappy with the site, it's better to stand up as a community to get what we want out of this site and make some friends along the way. There is that saying there are strength in numbers. So if we are going to see this site continue to grow and be around for us to enjoy we best make the best of the parts of the site we enjoy and ask Gaia to improve on those.

Basically Gaiaonline is a company, not a charity case. They are making plenty of money off their cash shop now, so why aren't Gaians asking for features and social aspects of this site to improve on? I'm just at the point that demanding for Gaia to fix inflation is as hopeless as getting Gaia to get developers for zOMG! again, but there are ways to work around that. Use Gaia's greed to reason with Gaia to get what we want out of the site. Like Gaia you want money, right? Then give us new items for our flash spaces that cost gold and money. It's just a matter of using psychology to get what we want, that's all. This site has turned into a freemium model, just the events and avatar dress up has turned into a pay to play type of model. Anyway I'm sure the community is strong enough and clever enough to get through this rough patch of events. But I'm probably am going to get into trouble because I did use psychology, knowledge of accounting, and common sense to get cash shop prices lowered for the community when I returned in December. Now to come up with a solution for zOMG!'s future will be a challenge especially since I'm so passionate about that game.

Melodious Loiterer

14,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Scobre

It's funny when the announcements are starting to annoy a former developer as well. I'm not putting blame on the community and didn't mean if this thread portrayed that. It just made me feel really ill when the day I came back my hiatus going into rally and seeing someone get picked on for wearing a ninja start outfit. So I spoke up for them and I kind of prefer that outfit over the ugly clutter avi the troll was wearing. It's like greed has changed the feel of the community. Kind of hard to explain I guess. It's like with inflation I'm learning a lot about people. How a change in environment or in this case spending can change a community of people. I just wish people wouldn't let all the silly decisions Gaia makes make them turn against each other. I saw this when the z!F had an abuse and integrity ring fight and it's just sad seeing it again in the SF and GCD and slowly creeping onto the other forums and flash spaces as well. It's like we don't need to fight over someone else's decisions. If we are unhappy with the site, it's better to stand up as a community to get what we want out of this site and make some friends along the way. There is that saying there are strength in numbers. So if we are going to see this site continue to grow and be around for us to enjoy we best make the best of the parts of the site we enjoy and ask Gaia to improve on those.

Basically Gaiaonline is a company, not a charity case. They are making plenty of money off their cash shop now, so why aren't Gaians asking for features and social aspects of this site to improve on? I'm just at the point that demanding for Gaia to fix inflation is as hopeless as getting Gaia to get developers for zOMG! again, but there are ways to work around that. Use Gaia's greed to reason with Gaia to get what we want out of the site. Like Gaia you want money, right? Then give us new items for our flash spaces that cost gold and money. It's just a matter of using psychology to get what we want, that's all. This site has turned into a freemium model, just the events and avatar dress up has turned into a pay to play type of model. Anyway I'm sure the community is strong enough and clever enough to get through this rough patch of events. But I'm probably am going to get into trouble because I did use psychology, knowledge of accounting, and common sense to get cash shop prices lowered for the community when I returned in December. Now to come up with a solution for zOMG!'s future will be a challenge especially since I'm so passionate about that game.

smile No, no, i did not read that at all in your comment. I was just making a little statement. <3 I agree with you, there is no sense in getting Gaia to lower inflation, but we should work together to get this site where we, as users, want it. biggrin

There are some selfish people in every community, but I am glad that somethings like events pull out mostly fun and social people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff