Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Inquisitor

11,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
To sum it up in three words:

Sunk cost fallacy.

I've spent a lot of time and effort here, and over the years I've spent a lot of money, and by abandoning Gaia, I would abandon all of that work.

As it is, all they get from me is an additional number in their "active users" count; I block their ads, I don't spend money here anymore, and I sometimes discourage former Gaians from returning by describing just how badly the economy has been broken.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

I stay because I invested a lot on this site time-wise (fortunately, not much monetary value was sunk in this website), a few of my friends are still active here, and despite all of the quality recolors and items, some new ones are well-done in my opinion.

I admit that I cannot obtain the new items right away, but my sound investments early in the year helped immensely in getting items I've wanted for years for a paltry amount of what it used to be (based on today's gold values, of course). xD

Wealthy Hoarder

Quote:
What makes you stay?
What are your fond memories of this site?
Do you find yourself drawn to other similar sites as a refugee?
Have you experienced friends quitting this site? Why did they leave?
Have you considered quitting? Why?

1. The community, my roleplays, my friends, and the fact the site gives me an way to be away from irl.

2. Yes, I do. I can't tell you them all but yes. Some of them are bitter but, I love my memories here.

3. No simply because I can't find another avi site to go to! o_o I looked. None of them are to my standers.

4. No, but I had fall out with so called friends that uhh..I now have them on ignore. So in a since to me they left Gaia.

5. No I never considered on quitting Gaia.

IRL Labtech

I've considered (and still considering) quitting this site. I'm sick of the inflation, I'm sick of Gaia constantly releasing gold generators, and I'm sick of Gaia not listening.

But I can't seem to tear myself away gonk like, I don't know what else to do when I'm online.

I guess I stay for my friends. I went from a regular zOMG player to a forum-er. Most of my time here is spent in the forums now.

Also, I'm sticking around to see the inevitable downfall of Gaia x:
    (or if they actually change their s**t, but that's being too optimistic at this point)

Phantom

My friends and watching overreactions in the GCD.

And Towns.

Hesitant Mystic

I stay because I like making avis and I'm just...used to it here.

all of the people I've known before have left, which is a little sad. But meh

I wish gaia would introduce more games again, my fondest memories are of meeting new people in zOMG and towns. Plus it would be nice to have something to do other than log on and look at the expensive shinies on the MP.

Stubborn Protector

15,200 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Mostly because I have a few good friends here, and there are still a few small pockets of artists not charging a billion yet, plus I haven't gone broke yet despite mostly sucking at vending. Fail rig items and hyper deflated items still hit the 100k-2m mark so I can still make new avis in addition to my collection of 5000 old items I can combine in a crazy amount of ways since half of them are EI/Monthly collectible/rig junk.

Combination of stuff really..and even if I liquidate to cash out my 10-30B worth or whatever (lol tektek doesn't know anything anymore.) for art then I worry I'll get less art than if I stretch it out because of how gg inflation screws with prices over night. :/

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Because despite all the evidence to the contrary, there is a tiny very persistent part of me that keeps hoping things will get better someday. Also; I haven't found another site with a housing system. I love housing, I wish they would update it more.

Loaded Strawberry

17,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Hero 100
What makes you stay?
I love making different avi combos!!! They give me neverending inspiration for my art. heart

What are your fond memories of this site?
I've only been here for about a year-ish...so I don't really have a lot of the same kinds of reminiscent memories that many others have here. smile

Do you find yourself drawn to other similar sites as a refugee?
Yep. I love avi sites. I'm on Solia, Ernya, Menewsha, and if I find other good ones I will most likely join those too. They all provide different things and their own unique interest for me.

Have you experienced friends quitting this site? Why did they leave?
I'm really busy IRL...so I haven't made a good attempt to make friends here. smile

Have you considered quitting? Why?
Not really...every site has their challenges...because they are all run by real human beings. I will enjoy it while its here, and hopefully it will be here for awhile. But I don't have the emotional attachment to it that I have to other sites that have closed (maybe because I learned my lesson with those other ones.) It doesn't interfere with my real life so I don't have any reason to make a big decision to quit it, lol.

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Friends? I don't have any other means of contacting some of them outside of Gaia, so....

Friendly Friend

10,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
Spoggly

yum_strawberry What makes you stay?
yum_strawberry What are your fond memories of this site?
yum_strawberry Do you find yourself drawn to other similar sites as a refugee?
yum_strawberry Have you experienced friends quitting this site? Why did they leave?
yum_strawberry Have you considered quitting? Why?

I guess it's more like, I get these false senses of hope that it'll get better. lol

I don't necessarily have fond memories because I haven't been real active until now heh...

I basically go on one other site where I was active from day 1 because I felt more welcomed there. I mean, the first day here on gaia, I kinda felt overwhelmed you might say, idk, but I never talked much here and I talk a lot on the other site.

My first friend on this site I used to talk to quite a bit *for me anyways* left silently... No idea why, but I'm guessing that they just got bored or something like that. Moving on with their life. Which is probably what I should do XD lol.

Ehh, I just really just lingered here when I was inactive, I linger for 2 minutes then leave. And now I'm trying to become active. So, no, not really.

Dapper Nerd

August Star Of Heaven
Torse
I stay for the monster items. emotion_kirakira

This.

Haven't seen any other site do justice to horror on a PG-13 level like Gaia does... Props to the artists.

Oh hey, me too actually. c: I gravitate between horror or ultra-cute.. Lovely avis, you two.

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

I've collected a lot of s**t. I've spent way too much money.

Still, I'm pissed right the ******** off. I don't spend GC anymore.

And there are other websites out there, but they always seem to die within a few months. :/

Time-traveling Senshi

Why do I stay? Three reasons really: First, despite everything that's happening and everything going on with the site I've made a commitment to stick with it to the bitter end. Second, I have a great group of friends on here that I absolutely love hanging around with. Third, and this is the most important part, Gaia is my home on the internet more than IG, Facebook, and other social sites and apps combined. I've spent a good chunk of the last ten years (the age of my account) of my life on here and this is the first place I check when I get on the computer each day. This place needs a lot of work to get it back on track but I love it despite all that and no shiny new site where it seems all the familiar faces we know and love have gone will get me to leave.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff