Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Trader

Dear Gaia,

Limited release items have been a wonderful addition to the cash shop. They have been well received by the community. They add variety to the cash shop. And they are great investments.

But they could be more than that. They could also be an amazing gold sink.

Dernier*Cri was created to be a high priced, exclusive gold shop. But when new cash shop items routinely fetch over a billion gold each, Dernier*Cri's items just don't stack up any more. Limited release items, priced aggressively and guaranteed to be safe from rerelease for six months like their cash shop counterparts, could return Dernier*Cri to its original purpose. And they could also remove trillions of gold from the economy.

I hope you'll consider it.

Kindest regards,
Tru

Quick edit just to give everyone a concrete idea of how much gold this could remove from the system:

A 2,000 unit release of a 1.5 billion gold item would remove up to 3,000 billion (3 trillion) gold.
A 2,000 unit release of a 5 billion gold item would remove up to 10,000 billion (10 trillion) gold.
A 2,000 unit release of a 10 billion gold item would remove up to 20,000 billion (20 trillion) gold.
A 2,000 unit release of a 25 billion gold item would remove up to 50,000 billion (50 trillion) gold.
A 2,000 unit release of a 50 billion gold item would remove up to 100,000 billion (100 trillion) gold.

Perfect Saint

Limited items make me panic buy so I'm not too eager seeing them especially in gold shops since I don't get gold so easily. But, forget about me, if it helps the community, we should have it.
Also, Gaia shouldn't have a scary gold gen so quickly after releasing a gold sink.

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

I think this would be a great idea if there was more of a history of 'retired' gold items. IIRC most gold shop items are in them forever. So I dunno.

I think focusing on GS RIGs would work better than limited GS items. But I wouldn't mind seeing some variety in the styles of GS releases.

Gracious Trader

Myrielle
Limited items make me panic buy so I'm not too eager seeing them especially in gold shops since I don't get gold so easily. But, forget about me, if it helps the community, we should have it.
Also, Gaia shouldn't have a scary gold gen so quickly after releasing a gold sink.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that the gold generators are here to stay. They apparently make Gaia enough money that we need to adjust to them as a permanent feature. So I think all we can reasonably hope for at this point are effective gold sinks. And I think that items priced in the 1b-50b range that will prompt people to "panic buy" (accurately description, by the way whee ) would be extremely effective. And they'd also most often benefit the people who bought them. So it seems like a win-win to me.

Plus, since recolors are so prevalent on Gaia these days, limited release recolors of the limited release D*C items would let Gaia offer us more gold sink items without investing too many additional man hours on the project.

sodium
I think this would be a great idea if there was more of a history of 'retired' gold items. IIRC most gold shop items are in them forever. So I dunno.

I think focusing on GS RIGs would work better than limited GS items. But I wouldn't mind seeing some variety in the styles of GS releases.

When D*C was first rolled out, the items were intended to be rotated in and out so I believe limiting the number of units sold (on a six month basis) is in keeping with the spirit of the shop.

Gold shop RIGs have been great but they're just not effective enough.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Limited items stress me out too. I don't care for them too much, but I do like the limited discount on gold shop items. If limited items means they'll only appear at certain times during the month and then come back again to gold shops, then I would be more willing to support the suggestion. I would hate if gold shop items would only be released once.

Perfect Saint

TrulyCapricious
I wonder if the 50 B item will make people buy a ton of gold gens so people reach that amount in no time. It will be a double-win in a way since 50 billion will be sunk and Gaia gets money for the gold gens.

Oh, did I just give them an idea? redface

Gracious Trader

Scobre
Limited items stress me out too. I don't care for them too much, but I do like the limited discount on gold shop items. If limited items means they'll only appear at certain times during the month and then come back again to gold shops, then I would be more willing to support the suggestion. I would hate if gold shop items would only be released once.

If they model the releases off of the limited release cash shop items (and I think they should) then limited releases in D*C would just mean that the item wouldn't be available again through direct sale for six months. In the mean time, they could still turn up in gold shop RIGs. (Which would be beneficial as well since it could generate more interest in the RIGs and encourage users to sink more gold into them.)

Myrielle
I wonder if the 50 B item will make people buy a ton of gold gens so people reach that amount in no time. It will be a double-win in a way since 50 billion will be sunk and Gaia gets money for the gold gens.

whee I could seriously see that happening. And you're right, it wouldn't be a bad thing since the gold would never enter the economy. Just the item.

Celestial Sweetheart

31,300 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
I like the idea n.n

Gracious Trader

Chinami chann
I like the idea n.n
Go get sleep and feel better, you. cat_stare

emotion_bigheart

Perfect Saint

TrulyCapricious

whee I could seriously see that happening. And you're right, it wouldn't be a bad thing since the gold would never enter the economy. Just the item.
People will probably jump on Gaia's throat accusing them of some form of deceitfulness or just not being straightforward.

Gracious Trader

Myrielle
People will probably jump on Gaia's throat accusing them of some form of deceitfulness or just not being straightforward.

Maybe. But I can't imagine it'll be any worse than the backlash they're already getting over the gold generators. And I think the response will be more positive than negative as long as they release items at a sufficient range of prices like they did with the original D*C release.

Familiar Shapeshifter

17,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Brandisher 100
overly expensive one-posed items don't stack up to as "overly" expensive (spreaded value) multi-pose items to me.

Even if they are fueled by nostalgia to make people buy it.

Which has been the most extremely disappointing thing about the current gold sinks.
It's just not worth it when you could get better items.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
TrulyCapricious
Scobre

If they model the releases off of the limited release cash shop items (and I think they should) then limited releases in D*C would just mean that the item wouldn't be available again through direct sale for six months. In the mean time, they could still turn up in gold shop RIGs. (Which would be beneficial as well since it could generate more interest in the RIGs and encourage users to sink more gold into them.)

Myrielle

Well I don't like how the limited release cash shops are only available in limited amounts or a limited time, so I just wouldn't care for a gold shop version of how limited items work in cash shop, that's all. It's just my opinion, so if others like it, it's ok. But like I said the limited quantity and limited item on any item stresses me out so much, I rather just not purchase the item at all until it is rereleased for a lesser amount. But by the time six months comes around I forget an item actually exists in the first place. It's just too long for my short-term memory loss. Limited gold rigs, that I would find more enjoyment in because items would be released faster and in bigger quantities. Like for example the Easter 2K14 Grab Bags are doing so well people have extras to give away. It has been a great gold sink and makes people more generous to others.

Gracious Trader

-ScourgeTheHedghog-
overly expensive one-posed items don't stack up to as "overly" expensive (spreaded value) multi-pose items to me.

Even if they are fueled by nostalgia to make people buy it.

Which has been the most extremely disappointing thing about the current gold sinks.
It's just not worth it when you could get better items.

None of the current D*C items are single pose. They all have the D*C halo as a pose as well and several of them have hidden pose.

But if you didn't want to spend your gold on the items, it certainly isn't like anyone would make you. Lots of people on this site disagree with you about "overly expensive one-posed items," though. If they didn't, the '03s and the Medals wouldn't be the most expensive items on this site.

Widower

Smitten Mage

44,775 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • New Fan 50
  • Team Moira 200
User Image {I totally support this idea and hope they see this thread and consider it! 9 3 9

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff