Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Hellraiser

9,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
R o s a e iel

ovo If you really don't mind spoilers,
              in the books, Margaery marries Tommen almost immediately after Joffrey's death. Because Tommen is too young to rule in his own right, Cersei is able to continue ruling as the Queen Regent.

Because Margaery is Tommen's Queen, but Tommen is still too young to rule, he essentially limits Margaery's power, as his mother comes before both him and, therefore, his wife. Of course, she's still the heart and wallet of the kingdom, so the epic power struggle between her and Cersei continues.

Makes sense. I hope he's better than his a** hole brother. D;
I spoiled myself

They said cersie would rule again but sh*t is going down when she has the power

llawll's Significant Otter

Magical Enthusiast

Kerosene Kisses
R o s a e iel

in the books, Margaery marries Tommen almost immediately after Joffrey's death. Because Tommen is too young to rule in his own right, Cersei is able to continue ruling as the Queen Regent.

Because Margaery is Tommen's Queen, but Tommen is still too young to rule, he essentially limits Margaery's power, as his mother comes before both him and, therefore, his wife. Of course, she's still the heart and wallet of the kingdom, so the epic power struggle between her and Cersei continues.

orz Tommen's sweet, but he's too young and naive to be anything but a puppet to the adults around him, sadly, I think....

Devoted Hellraiser

9,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
R o s a e iel
Kerosene Kisses
R o s a e iel

orz Tommen's sweet, but he's too young and naive to be anything but a puppet to the adults around him, sadly, I think....

I'm just elated that the a** hole died. That's like the greatest thing ever. I hope he doesn't have a hard time dealing with that..

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Margaery's grandmum killed Joffrey cause she was going to have Margaery marry Tommen anyways. It was all about making Margaery queen as well as picking the best possible husband/groom for her.

Since title says spoils, im not putting tag.

Wealthy Millionaire

3,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Desirable Sex Symbol

I won't say, but there's some pretty awesome power play scenes coming to happen.
Thread title already says spoilers so whatever;

Tommen becomes King despite his age. Tywin remains hand of the King but ends up dying, not sure how they're going to do it in the TV series but in the books it's Tyrion who kills Tywin. Basically he finds Shae in Tywin's bedroom, strangles her and finds Tywin taking a dumb and shoots him in the no-no area with a crossbow and dies. In the books it's easier to justify Shae's death because she's portrayed more of a gold digger than someone who actually falls in love with Tyrion.

Tyrion escapes with the help of Jamie Lannister, I suspect in a long explanation of trying to redeem his honor. He has nothing to prove to anyone anymore but himself and that seems to be a recurring theme in the books. Tyrion ends up basically in a 'Road Trip' esque sub-plot.

Margaery Tyrell ends up marrying Tommen because that's how medieval politics work. (Gross right?) Then Cersei starts losing her ******** s**t and she starts having this Mean Girls sub-plot against Margaery Tyrell. Long story short, Margaery gets locked up for some rumors Cersei started and I'll leave it at that before I start rambling on too much.

Manly Lunatic

Cersei is Queen Regent.

Tommen is seen as Heir Apparent now. So he is KING.

Stannis should be King, since we all know Tommen is a child of incest.

Tywin is Hand of the King (and pretty much the King, but not in name), and actually is in charge, since Cersei's title is more just because she is the widow of Robert and mother of Tommen. She isn't actually the QUEEN. Margaery was with Joff, and will be again with Tommen. Since Margaery is of age, she actually, is the Queen.

Manly Lunatic

Hitachin
Margaery's grandmum killed Joffrey cause she was going to have Margaery marry Tommen anyways. It was all about making Margaery queen as well as picking the best possible husband/groom for her.

Since title says spoils, im not putting tag.

Did you not pay attention to the latest episode and what Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish had planned? He made the necklace that the Fool Ser Dontos Hollard gave to Sansa to wear at the wedding. Petyr planned Joff's death. Like he planned Eddard Stark's. Because he wanted Catelyn Tully, but because he couldn't have her in the end, he took Sansa.

Shameless Fairy

Teefie
RainWashesEverythingAway
Teefie

Tommen is next in line smile

which'll give cersei more power lol

But he's only about 8? 10 at most? too young to rule just yet, so therefore Cersi would be Queen Regent again if it goes to him. BUT since they were married there are those that would argue it still goes to Margaery, consummation or no. Hell they could possibly try to claim that he and her wed in secret and consummated it before the actual day or something and no one would be able to prove they hadn't.

That will probably end up being a plotline through this next season, at least for a few episodes if not more, the fight for the throne between them.

That's why I said Cersei would have more power, she'd have more power than she had with Joffrey because Tommen's so young. If it didn't go to Cersei when Robert died, then it wouldn't go to Margaery, regardless of consummation, because Tommen would be the next heir. If Tommen didn't exist then it could be argued that Margaery would have the throne, but I don't know what happens if there's no blood successor in the GoT universe.

Joff, then tommen, then marcella then stannis, then shireen, unless gendry was legitimised
Tywin.

For now, at least.

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

CaiteeByrd
Teefie
RainWashesEverythingAway
Teefie

But he's only about 8? 10 at most? too young to rule just yet, so therefore Cersi would be Queen Regent again if it goes to him. BUT since they were married there are those that would argue it still goes to Margaery, consummation or no. Hell they could possibly try to claim that he and her wed in secret and consummated it before the actual day or something and no one would be able to prove they hadn't.

That will probably end up being a plotline through this next season, at least for a few episodes if not more, the fight for the throne between them.

That's why I said Cersei would have more power, she'd have more power than she had with Joffrey because Tommen's so young. If it didn't go to Cersei when Robert died, then it wouldn't go to Margaery, regardless of consummation, because Tommen would be the next heir. If Tommen didn't exist then it could be argued that Margaery would have the throne, but I don't know what happens if there's no blood successor in the GoT universe.

Joff, then tommen, then marcella then stannis, then shireen, unless gendry was legitimised

Can a woman sit on the throne as Queen without a king in Westeros? :O Obviously a woman could conquer the throne, but I didn't know if they could hold the throne by inheritance.

Shameless Fairy

Teefie
CaiteeByrd
Teefie
RainWashesEverythingAway
Teefie

Can a woman sit on the throne as Queen without a king in Westeros? :O Obviously a woman could conquer the throne, but I didn't know if they could hold the throne by inheritance.

It goes by birth order, first to the sons, then moves on to the daughters. She could rule without a king, but she wouldn't have heirs, and when she died the crown would go to Robert's oldest male sibling, Stannis. Essentially, with Joffery gone, stannis would just need to rid himself of tommen and myrcella and he could be rightful king.

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

CaiteeByrd
Teefie
CaiteeByrd
Teefie
RainWashesEverythingAway
Teefie

It goes by birth order, first to the sons, then moves on to the daughters. She could rule without a king, but she wouldn't have heirs, and when she died the crown would go to Robert's oldest male sibling, Stannis. Essentially, with Joffery gone, stannis would just need to rid himself of tommen and myrcella and he could be rightful king.

Does GRRM actually discuss this or are you inferring it from how inheritance of the throne has worked in kingdoms past in history here? I'm just wondering, I'm not trying to be difficult. I haven't read some of the later books so I'm kinda uninformed when it comes to how exactly succession works in ASOIAF. I would love to read about it, this kind of discussion is interesting to me.

Were there any ruling queens in the past? :O

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces