Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Whispers of Delusion

What is not loyal about being an active member?
Having an old account with about the same activity over all those years as say a 2 year old member doesn't make you any more loyal.
You can buy all LB items cheaper n MP anyway, or you can ask someone to buy it for you.

Logging in every day doesn't really make you loyal. Any schmep can log in to any site every day if they want access to something on that site that requires it. If Old Navy has a promotion where if you go to the store every day for 30 days and get a card stamped every day, and on your 30th day you get a free shirt, participating in that promotion doesn't make me loyal to Old Navy. It means I want the shirt.

I also stated elsewhere in the thread that I was more active, and that this lull in activity is relatively recent and beyond my control. I get on Gaia when I can. I've never implied myself to be any more loyal than someone who has been here for 2 years - never once implied myself to be any more loyal than anyone else. I simply stated that I'm pretty sure I already proved my respective loyalty to this site, and mentioned why.

Shy Gawker

8,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I can understand the log in counter and I can also understand that people who love this site might not necessarily have access to it every day and in that case other criteria should be used like post count on the days they are here ect.

The only thing I don't agree with is putting event items in a shop not everyone has access to. If they pull those event items out before people have a chance to log in every day for 2 months that just seems rather shitty to me.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

fairy pastry
Whispers of Delusion

What is not loyal about being an active member?
Having an old account with about the same activity over all those years as say a 2 year old member doesn't make you any more loyal.
You can buy all LB items cheaper n MP anyway, or you can ask someone to buy it for you.

Logging in every day doesn't really make you loyal. Any schmep can log in to any site every day if they want access to something on that site that requires it. If Old Navy has a promotion where if you go to the store every day for 30 days and get a card stamped every day, and on your 30th day you get a free shirt, participating in that promotion doesn't make me loyal to Old Navy. It means I want the shirt.

I also stated elsewhere in the thread that I was more active, and that this lull in activity is relatively recent and beyond my control. I get on Gaia when I can. I've never implied myself to be any more loyal than someone who has been here for 2 years - never once implied myself to be any more loyal than anyone else. I simply stated that I'm pretty sure I already proved my respective loyalty to this site, and mentioned why.

Gaia isn't a store, you don't have to buy something here to be an active member, so I don't even see why you're comparing that.
Logging in everyday does make you loyal.

Let me use the same example you did.
Old Navy had a promotion that you have to visit every day for 30 days and you come in and say "But I came here in '03, I deserve a shirt."
How does that make you loyal?

I know it's unfortunate for you that you can't access everyday and I know how it feels, I went without internet for 5 straight years until my dad finally gave in last year.
But I don't make a thread because I can't get into Verge because I don't have enough money to pay the price to get in.

Dapper Dabbler

Whispers of Delusion

Gaia isn't a store, you don't have to buy something here to be an active member, so I don't even see why you're comparing that.
Logging in everyday does make you loyal.

Let me use the same example you did.
Old Navy had a promotion that you have to visit every day for 30 days and you come in and say "But I came here in '03, I deserve a shirt."
How does that make you loyal?

I know it's unfortunate for you that you can't access everyday and I know how it feels, I went without internet for 5 straight years until my dad finally gave in last year.
But I don't make a thread because I can't get into Verge because I don't have enough money to pay the price to get in.

I didn't say anything about buying anything with Old Navy. Go in every day, get a card stamped, on your 30th day, you get a shirt. Logging in every day does absolutely not make you loyal. Walking in to ON every day to get a card stamped so I can get a free shirt does not make me loyal to ON.

Logging in to Gaia every day does not make you active. It means you logged in. It takes a second to do, and then you can go diddle yourself off elsewhere. It does not require you to participate in the site. It does not make you "loyal." Yes, it may be the "easiest" way for them to gauge "loyalty," but that doesn't mean it is the only way, or that it isn't flawed.

On what planet did I mention my join date as the only reason for my loyalty? And on what planet did I insinuate that I haven't been active since then? I have been active on this account (and others) since I created it. I am sorry that so many people get butthurt over people who pull the join date s**t, but in this case, it is completely relevant, and it isn't the only reason I mentioned.

I did not insinuate that I was more loyal than anyone else because of how long I have been here.
I did not put anyone down for being here for less time than I have.
I did not say that no one deserved to have access to LB for being here less than I have while I do not have access.
I mentioned my join date in specific relevance to me. I am sorry if you do not believe that 10 years of continuously visiting this site constitutes as loyalty, but it does.

I stated elsewhere in the thread that I was relatively active up until about a week before the launch of LB. I was active right up until LB was launched. I came back after almost a month of inactivity because I was not able to get to my internet place, to find that it had launched, and that I was unable to gain access because I needed to log in "75 days out of 90 days."

My point was: Haven't I already done enough to prove my loyalty?

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
fairy pastry

According to how Gaia set up the rules for gaining access to the LB ... no, you haven't. And, unfortunately, you can complain, b***h, moan and groan all you want in saying that RL is keeping you from accessing the site ... GAIA DOESN'T CARE. They set the rules, you haven't met them ... conversation ended as far as they are concerned. I feel your pain but, there isn't anything you can do about it but log in until you meed -their- rule requirements.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

fairy pastry

I didn't say anything about buying anything with Old Navy. Go in every day, get a card stamped, on your 30th day, you get a shirt. Logging in every day does absolutely not make you loyal. Walking in to ON every day to get a card stamped so I can get a free shirt does not make me loyal to ON.

Logging in to Gaia every day does not make you active. It means you logged in. It takes a second to do, and then you can go diddle yourself off elsewhere. It does not require you to participate in the site. It does not make you "loyal." Yes, it may be the "easiest" way for them to gauge "loyalty," but that doesn't mean it is the only way, or that it isn't flawed.

On what planet did I mention my join date as the only reason for my loyalty? And on what planet did I insinuate that I haven't been active since then? I have been active on this account (and others) since I created it. I am sorry that so many people get butthurt over people who pull the join date s**t, but in this case, it is completely relevant, and it isn't the only reason I mentioned.

I did not insinuate that I was more loyal than anyone else because of how long I have been here.
I did not put anyone down for being here for less time than I have.
I did not say that no one deserved to have access to LB for being here less than I have while I do not have access.
I mentioned my join date in specific relevance to me. I am sorry if you do not believe that 10 years of continuously visiting this site constitutes as loyalty, but it does.

I stated elsewhere in the thread that I was relatively active up until about a week before the launch of LB. I was active right up until LB was launched. I came back after almost a month of inactivity because I was not able to get to my internet place, to find that it had launched, and that I was unable to gain access because I needed to log in "75 days out of 90 days."

Like I said before, Gaia isn't a store, it's not the same.
They can't check everyday if you actually did something that day.
And I doubt people actually come online once a day to stay in the loyal shop.

You simply didn't meet the requirements and they shouldn't make exceptions, that way they have to make exceptions for everyone.
If you were active until LB was launched you would still be able to get in if you could meet the 75 days, if you didn't you simply can't get in, accept it.
They won't make exceptions for you and they're not gonna change the requirements.

And in your first post you say:
Quote:
Can someone please get me into this store so I can drool all over the goddamn recolours I can't afford. I just want access to the store I deserve access to, thanks, please.

Wtf :/

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Ok, so basically the issue here is that you simply lack internet access in order to qualify for Loyal's Bazaar and you would like Gaia to reconsider based on your record of what you buy and how long you've been here?

Well, while that would be nice, I think you would have to come up with a different suggestion that gives a bit of a Plan B to the current criteria.

a) Besides account age and # of logins, what would you suggest?

b) If the suggestion has anything to do with GC purchases, would you think it would be fair to use that for a non-GC based shop?

c) Would you think this would work for you or for others?

Also, and I have to ask because you brought up that you buy GC, if you go into town to use the internet, how long does it take you to get there and why can't you buy a device that locates hotspots at home?

OG Gaian

5,075 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Rally Tyro 100
Oh my god, the ignorance of this userbase.

This site continues to spit in your face, but OP is in the wrong? No, you're all in the wrong. She has been loyal. She's been more loyal than anyone who logs in and out day by day.

She was here from the start, to the finish. They could with a little bit of support, check to see how long she's been on here. The fact she's been on for this long kinda proves something. As for one of the first posts saying "I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS, THIS, AND THIS AND I CAN STILL GET ON." That's good. Someone else just sorts out their priorities where Gaia isn't a daily basis thing. That's wrong?

It's wrong for someone to have a life off the internet? Damn, I didn't know that. I really can't believe the feedback to this thread.

She's been active since 2003. So have I, with so many different accounts, etc. I know I don't deserve to be in the loyalty section. But damn, the fact that if I log in day after day for a week, and I'd get in before someone who has stuck around since 03 with dedication like that? No one sees anything wrong with that?

Of course not. It's not about being entitled either. Stop saying "WELL, GAIA HAS THEIR SET STANDARDS." Then grow a pair and say, well those standards are kind of stupid. If someone really can't let this person in, that's kind of a shame.

As for that, "WELL IF THEY MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR YOU, THEY'LL HAVE TO START TAKING SOME FROM EVERYONE." What, they'd have to take time for their users? Oh, NO! NOOOO! They'd have to listen and try to help. God, how awful. Staff listening to the users? You should be glad it happens.

Maybe it's a good thing they'd make exceptions for these people. People like OP have been around since the dawn of Gaia, but they're not considered "loyal" enough for them? People don't see the issue? Yeah, you're pretty far out if you don't see it. I don't really need to hear Gaia's rule of thumb, about how they just single handingly said "WELL IF YOU DON'T LOG IN EVERY DAY YOU'RE NOT LOYAL."

That's not what a loving community does. It's messed up. OP has my support, and I can only hope they actually grow up off this stupid "logging in every day thing". It's not really healthy, either. But whatever.

As for OP? My advice? Go to one of the other threads where they try to get the staff to listen. Try to make Gaia a fun/loving place again. I'd like that too. This isn't me hating Gaia. This is just being real.

The fact you're not "loyal" to Gaia's standards is pretty damn asinine.

As for thinking loyalty is logging in every day?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Dabbler

Whispers of Delusion

Like I said before, Gaia isn't a store, it's not the same.
They can't check everyday if you actually did something that day.
And I doubt people actually come online once a day to stay in the loyal shop.

You simply didn't meet the requirements and they shouldn't make exceptions, that way they have to make exceptions for everyone.
If you were active until LB was launched you would still be able to get in if you could meet the 75 days, if you didn't you simply can't get in, accept it.
They won't make exceptions for you and they're not gonna change the requirements.

Yes, Gaia is a store. You can purchase goods (Gaia Cash and items) from the site. Gaia is most definitely a store. Whether or not it is a store is irrelevant.

And yes, I am sure they do. Just like there were people who bought the specific amount of GC needed in order to get access to LV or whatever it is. To think that people are not logging in just to get access is naive.

Yes, exceptions, exceptions, blahblah. I know, I know.

Quote:

And in your first post you say:
Quote:
Can someone please get me into this store so I can drool all over the goddamn recolours I can't afford. I just want access to the store I deserve access to, thanks, please.

Wtf :/

Oh god, yes, please, it's totally "wtf :/" worthy, and totally serious, because the average member of Gaia has the capability of getting me access to the store.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Dorian_Archer
fairy pastry

According to how Gaia set up the rules for gaining access to the LB ... no, you haven't. And, unfortunately, you can complain, b***h, moan and groan all you want in saying that RL is keeping you from accessing the site ... GAIA DOESN'T CARE. They set the rules, you haven't met them ... conversation ended as far as they are concerned. I feel your pain but, there isn't anything you can do about it but log in until you meed -their- rule requirements.

There does need to be other ways to get in. Like I would love a yearly requirement added to the 75/90 days because sometimes Gaians can only access the site during the summer because of school. Gaia does care. It took a lot of asking/begging to cash shop prices lowered to what they were when I returned from my hiatus, but they did actually listen to my suggestion that they would make more money in volume sales rather than only having high priced items. It wouldn't be a social site or even a real business if Gaia completely ignored their users. OP has every right to request an alternative and should not be bullied for at least trying. The counter seems to be glitched for Gaians anyway.

Anyway I don't find age as a good alternative because of the number of inactive accounts, but yes if someone is able to log in once or two a week in the past year I agree with the OP that should be an additional requirement to get into the shop. Why not have a 50/365 day requirement? I'd be happy with that and would give those with busy schedules still access to the shop. I don't find the Club Verge requirements fair either, because it's pretty much a pay to play type of shop. Gaians need to not give up on changing the requirements. Just because Gaia sets the rules for requirements doesn't mean we can't change them. We just need to reason logically with Gaia staff of why we want to change them. Don't give up OP. Your thread brings up some very valid points.

OG Gaian

5,075 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Rally Tyro 100
Actually, let me just be like everyone else.

"ur riduclous for not login in every day ya big stupid lolz whats wrong with u. should've logged in every day but now ur not loyal to gaia.

u snooze u lose"

Because that's helpful.

Did I forget the unnecessary insult?

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
fairy pastry
Miyaka Hana
You're stupid because you don't understand what I'm saying, of which is pretty damn easy to understand. Also, having a baby and jobs could damper the time I have to be able to log in and by Gaia's Definition "Be Loyal to the Site", but if I find the time to get on, she has no excuse. Please, continue your dumb-assery, it amuses me.

I LITERALLY DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET AT MY HOME.
I LITERALLY ONLY HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET ONCE-TWICE A WEEK.
LITERALLY.

Quote:

lit·er·al·ly
ˈlitərəlē,ˈlitrə-
adverb
in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
"the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
synonyms: exactly, precisely, actually, really, truly;

I am unable to get on the internet when I am at home because no internet service provider provides internet to my area without charging $100+ a month for a 15GB limit.

You would know this if you read my replies in the thread.

BY ALL MEANS, please contact Comcast, Verizon, what the hell ever and explain to them that you would like to pay for the outrageous internet bill (because we are outside of all service areas.) TIA, I appreciate it!

It's not Gaia's Problem that you have no internet access. That's YOUR Problem. YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR Problem.

your
/yôr,yo͝or/
determiner
possesive pronoun: your; possesive pronoun: Your; determiner: Your
belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.
"what is your name?"
belonging to or associated with any person in general.
"the sight is enough to break your heart"

informal
used to denote someone or something that is familiar or typical of its kind.
"I'm just your average Joe"
used when addressing the holder of certain titles.
"Your Majesty"

Why would I care that you have no internet access? I'm here to explain that you're complaining that you didn't get access to Loyal's store because you don't have internet Access. That sucks for you, but it's not Gaia's issue to solve, it's your own. Internet access is a luxury, Loyal's shop is also a luxury, if you cannot afford the luxury, don't complain when you don't get it. Obviously. rofl

Dapper Dabbler

Catalyste
Ok, so basically the issue here is that you simply lack internet access in order to qualify for Loyal's Bazaar and you would like Gaia to reconsider based on your record of what you buy and how long you've been here?

Well, while that would be nice, I think you would have to come up with a different suggestion that gives a bit of a Plan B to the current criteria.

a) Besides account age and # of logins, what would you suggest?

b) If the suggestion has anything to do with GC purchases, would you think it would be fair to use that for a non-GC based shop?

c) Would you think this would work for you or for others?

Also, and I have to ask because you brought up that you buy GC, if you go into town to use the internet, how long does it take you to get there and why can't you buy a device that locates hotspots at home?

Consider, for example, the Heaven Forum that was released however many years ago. In order to get access to the forum, you had to meet the specific requirement of (I think) not having any prior "record" or bad behaviour in the forums, so they definitely have ways of monitoring specific account attributes. I am sure they could think of other ways to determine loyalty; I can not pretend to know how much information they have access to when it comes to accounts, but considering they can attempt to segregate accounts to mass-PM etc. based on specific criteria, I am sure there is something they can use. I don't really have time to brainstorm because my internet time is running short.

I do not at all want the Loyalty shop to have anything to do with GC.

I mentioned GC earlier, but I don't buy it anymore and haven't for a while. My husband takes the only vehicle every day for work, it takes about 20 minutes to get into town and we have a toddler, so I can't just run off whenever I want to get the internet. We're in a one-income house and stretching our money thin enough as it is. We did have a hotspot, but it was super really very slow and not at all worth the money we were paying.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
TheAntiHeroJD
Actually, let me just be like everyone else.

"ur riduclous for not login in every day ya big stupid lolz whats wrong with u. should've logged in every day but now ur not loyal to gaia.

u snooze u lose"

Because that's helpful.

Did I forget the unnecessary insult?

If you can stop rage-trolling for a minute, I'll tell you something.

a) Not everyone on here is against the OP. Some people are actually trying to calm her down or discuss the issue with her. Not all who are opposed are insensitive to her plight. Matter of fact, quite a few really do sympathize with her and have said so. What the issue here is, is a matter of trying to work with your problem instead of making it someone elses. Again, that is not bashing, it's just the truth of the matter.

b) Some of us have asked her to provide other alternatives. You need to remember that you can't use the purchase of GC to justify getting into Loyal's Bazaar. That's reserved for Club Verge. All it takes is a purchase of $100 worth of GC per year in order to get in. For the OP, and given situation, that would fit perfectly for her timetable since she can only get to town once a week and logging in X number of times is not a requirement.

c) sodium made an excellent point about old accounts. Trying to make it about old accounts (say '03) would not be a wise decision to make since there are many '03 accounts that are inactive or don't carry the required activity needed to get in. I'm sure this was discussed and considered, so they would have to include another factor that would help determine entrance into a loyalty program for non-GC users. You don't want to exclude old users just like you don't want to alienate those who've been here for a year, so a compromise has to be struck.

d) It's not a good idea to urge her to go into another thread. She's better off with this one. She can edit her opening post to make her point more clear towards what she would like to see happen. If she treats this thread right, this thread will be noticed by the staff. It will not be ignored. All she has to do is be clear in what she would like to see change or added so that people like her are not shut out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff