Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miyaka Hana
thigh gap
Miyaka Hana
thigh gap
Miyaka Hana
I didn't call the OP stupid, I called the person who quoted me before stupid because they were being stupid. Don't try white knighting your way into things if you don't even know the whole story.

You still called someone stupid, and a dumbass, along with being rude and disrespectful.
I personally have read this entire thread and you have broken the ToS MANY a time.

I was given this before I even started "flaming"

sora987

Logging in every day doesn't mean participating in something everyday. Or really any day at all. Also, how can you treat the OP like an elitist a*****e and then act like one yourself while clearly not reading her position at all? Seriously what does your baby or your jobs have to do with anything? Completely irrelevant.

What I said was completely justified whether you agree or not. They started the name calling long before me.

so you live by the logic that if someone breaks the rules you should be allowed to as well?

Nope, I live by the logic of an eye for an eye. If someone insults me, they better expect the same treatment.

i wasn't aware that people were still living by that saying................

Dapper Dabbler

I re-wrote the OP to hopefully incite less .... whatever before I leave the internet again.

Catalyste

Ok I'm getting it now. So basically it's not something you can afford right now. What internet providers are in your area?

Yeah I was hoping they'd do something along the lines of the Heaven forum as well. I was surprised when it wasn't based off of a clean record...since there were people with prior offenses allowed on there. So I'm not sure what sort of algorithm they instituted. But I liked it and I wish they would do that with LB.

If we were to ex out the option of buying GC, what other staples of loyalty can be proven?

Post count?

Account age?

Time logged in?

Browsing habits?

I'm not sure either. This would be hard to prove with only 20 minutes of internet time per week.

I have a bit of a half hour left, a little longer than I thought, but still not much time, so forgive me if this is short. I get more than 20 minutes, usually - I'm usually there for the night, so it's closer to two days that I get internet access, but still not enough to meet the requirements.

Comcast, Verizon, some crappy other ones.... But none of them provide service to my area. Comcast is "working on it," but they have been working on it for months now.

They could use post count, buuuut then what about the spam? Like in Chatterbox? Or could they exempt specific forums, and would that be fair to people who don't use the forums?

I could see a mix of some things, but I don't know. Browsing habits, nah. Everyone uses Gaia differently. There are forums I know where you need to have been a member for such amount of days and made a certain number of posts before you get access to specific parts of the forums - or you've had to specifically request and await account approval.

Miyaka Hana
Btw, I didn't read your other posts

Then kindly get out of my thread.

You are being insufferable. I don't give a s**t how many tips you have or how "right" you think they make you. They don't. This thread is not about me not having the internet at home. rolleyes

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
thigh gap
Miyaka Hana
thigh gap
Miyaka Hana
thigh gap

You still called someone stupid, and a dumbass, along with being rude and disrespectful.
I personally have read this entire thread and you have broken the ToS MANY a time.

I was given this before I even started "flaming"

sora987

Logging in every day doesn't mean participating in something everyday. Or really any day at all. Also, how can you treat the OP like an elitist a*****e and then act like one yourself while clearly not reading her position at all? Seriously what does your baby or your jobs have to do with anything? Completely irrelevant.

What I said was completely justified whether you agree or not. They started the name calling long before me.

so you live by the logic that if someone breaks the rules you should be allowed to as well?

Nope, I live by the logic of an eye for an eye. If someone insults me, they better expect the same treatment.

i wasn't aware that people were still living by that saying................

Now you are................. lol

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

I don't get this.

You have already said you don't really get to log in much - so then why do you really care?
If you can hardly log-in, than you can hardly use the store either way, even if you did get in.
If your area makes it so you can't really get much access (which I have had before - I used to live up in the mountains with no internet) than this really shouldn't mean anything.

I missed heaps of things on Gaia because of where I used to live, but at no time did I go "make special exceptions for me because of my account age, and my area doesn't have internet"
This is a website - it's not their fault that you do not have access, nor should they create exceptions. That defeats the purpose.

By all means a new user can be more active and participate in more things than an old user.
I know that because I am an old user, and even I know that I am not as active as I used to be.

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds to use that you have no access.

It's like me messaging the people on TERA and saying it's not fair because I have no internet and can't log-in everyday.
It's a MMORPG that relies on you being online, if you can't do that, it's not their fault.

The entire existence of this site is online.
You admitted you aren't as active as you want due to internet.
Therefore you're not active enough to get in.

I also personally think logging in is a great way to weed out the new users who sign in everyday, from the oldbies who only come on occasionally.

Dapper Dabbler

Miyaka Hana
The only one insufferable here is you and all your white knighters. I'll happily leave, I've grown bored of your kind anyways.

AN EASTER MIRACLE

User Image

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
fairy pastry
I re-wrote the OP to hopefully incite less .... whatever before I leave the internet again.

Catalyste

Ok I'm getting it now. So basically it's not something you can afford right now. What internet providers are in your area?

Yeah I was hoping they'd do something along the lines of the Heaven forum as well. I was surprised when it wasn't based off of a clean record...since there were people with prior offenses allowed on there. So I'm not sure what sort of algorithm they instituted. But I liked it and I wish they would do that with LB.

If we were to ex out the option of buying GC, what other staples of loyalty can be proven?

Post count?

Account age?

Time logged in?

Browsing habits?

I'm not sure either. This would be hard to prove with only 20 minutes of internet time per week.

I have a bit of a half hour left, a little longer than I thought, but still not much time, so forgive me if this is short. I get more than 20 minutes, usually - I'm usually there for the night, so it's closer to two days that I get internet access, but still not enough to meet the requirements.

Comcast, Verizon, some crappy other ones.... But none of them provide service to my area. Comcast is "working on it," but they have been working on it for months now.

They could use post count, buuuut then what about the spam? Like in Chatterbox? Or could they exempt specific forums, and would that be fair to people who don't use the forums?

I could see a mix of some things, but I don't know. Browsing habits, nah. Everyone uses Gaia differently. There are forums I know where you need to have been a member for such amount of days and made a certain number of posts before you get access to specific parts of the forums - or you've had to specifically request and await account approval.

Hmmm...

you know what they could do? They could create a script that details activity on your favorite forum instead? That way their scripts could see if you actually make readable posts, or if you simply like to browse in and out of threads there (for the lurkers).

I know there are people in Chatterbox who also make fun threads, not like GD. So it could be simply forum activity & history. Sounds good so far. It's better than "log in for X/X days," and account age.

I had Time Warner before...and they didn't offer upgrades in my area, so I nixed them and went for Century Link, who did. I got rid of my digital cable through TW because their service just isn't worth it. I get to save $100/month! (ignore the fact that I sound like a Geico commercial) Not to mention I signed up for Netflix, so my needs are met through internet services. lol

That sucks, though. How long ago did you get rid of the hotspot device? Maybe there's a better one on the market?

High-functioning Noob

28,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
User ImageUser Image
Put it this way, would you let access to a person who joined in 2003 but hasn't been active since the first week of signing up, or a person joining in 2013 but logging in everyday during that period?

D r e a m o f B u t t e r f l y ~
Or is life a dream?

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

Catalyste
fairy pastry

Catalyste

Post count?

Account age?

Time logged in?

Browsing habits?

Hmmm...

you know what they could do? They could create a script that details activity on your favorite forum instead? That way their scripts could see if you actually make readable posts, or if you simply like to browse in and out of threads there (for the lurkers).

I know there are people in Chatterbox who also make fun threads, not like GD. So it could be simply forum activity & history. Sounds good so far. It's better than "log in for X/X days," and account age.

I had Time Warner before...and they didn't offer upgrades in my area, so I nixed them and went for Century Link, who did. I got rid of my digital cable through TW because their service just isn't worth it. I get to save $100/month! (ignore the fact that I sound like a Geico commercial) Not to mention I signed up for Netflix, so my needs are met through internet services. lol

That sucks, though. How long ago did you get rid of the hotspot device? Maybe there's a better one on the market?

What about people who don't post in the forums regularly? :O I RP solely via PMs, and the only thread I religious visit is my bumping thread. It wouldn't be fair for them to see that I don't post very often anymore, and my forum posts are not usually quality posts, when I am active on gaia EVERY day, either replying to PMs or lurking around.

That's the problem with considering post counts and the like. I used to post a lot, back when I participated in group RPs in the forums, but I don't do that anymore. I know a lot of people who come on this site and either lurk, stick to PMs, or just do ZOMG or games. They're on all day every day, but they just don't post.

Until Gaia can set up multiple factors to determine access, they're always going to be leaving a group of people out. No matter what they do, they're going to leave out someone.

I hope that they DO do multiple factor stuffs, though, it'll be so much better and people will stop complaining and thinking Gaia's purposefully leaving them out.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Teefie

What about people who don't post in the forums regularly? :O I RP solely via PMs, and the only thread I religious visit is my bumping thread. It wouldn't be fair for them to see that I don't post very often anymore, and my forum posts are not usually quality posts, when I am active on gaia EVERY day, either replying to PMs or lurking around.

That's the problem with considering post counts and the like. I used to post a lot, back when I participated in group RPs in the forums, but I don't do that anymore. I know a lot of people who come on this site and either lurk, stick to PMs, or just do ZOMG or games. They're on all day every day, but they just don't post.

Until Gaia can set up multiple factors to determine access, they're always going to be leaving a group of people out. No matter what they do, they're going to leave out someone.

I hope that they DO do multiple factor stuffs, though, it'll be so much better and people will stop complaining and thinking Gaia's purposefully leaving them out.

This is why they probably decided to just go with logins. Even though account activity would be much more effective in terms of intelligible postings, you run into a problem where you'll have to set up multiple categories for communication tools as well as duration times for when one browses a thread.

So far we have:

PMs, Forum Posts, and Profile Comments as forms of communication on here. If they decided to include logged chat scripts from game spaces and flash worlds, then that would be another factor used in determining loyalty.

So if I were in a meeting and heard of this idea, my next question would be "how much chat time would we need to determine loyalty of an active user?" To me, chat time could be # of posts/comments/PMs. I'm not sure how they would determine the time when it comes to flash worlds, but maybe they can simply measure the amount of time you spend in a flash game? I have no clue.

And for lurkers, well that's based on duration of time spent on a page. Naturally spending too much time on one page without any activity would render your account signed out automatically. So in those cases, I think from the time they clicked the last link to get to the page to the time where the site logs you out should not be counted towards the loyalty program since there's no way to determine at what point you stopped being active.

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

Catalyste
Teefie

This is why they probably decided to just go with logins. Even though account activity would be much more effective in terms of intelligible postings, you run into a problem where you'll have to set up multiple categories for communication tools as well as duration times for when one browses a thread.

So far we have:

PMs, Forum Posts, and Profile Comments as forms of communication on here. If they decided to include logged chat scripts from game spaces and flash worlds, then that would be another factor used in determining loyalty.

So if I were in a meeting and heard of this idea, my next question would be "how much chat time would we need to determine loyalty of an active user?" To me, chat time could be # of posts/comments/PMs. I'm not sure how they would determine the time when it comes to flash worlds, but maybe they can simply measure the amount of time you spend in a flash game? I have no clue.

And for lurkers, well that's based on duration of time spent on a page. Naturally spending too much time on one page without any activity would render your account signed out automatically. So in those cases, I think from the time they clicked the last link to get to the page to the time where the site logs you out should not be counted towards the loyalty program since there's no way to determine at what point you stopped being active.

Log in is just the lowest common denominator... it's the 'easiest' one, so less people get left out.

because loyalty is a personal, emotional thing, they can't really program something that can accurately determine it, regardless. So i hope they eventually just be like "If you have 5000 posts or log in 30/50 days or active in 3 guilds", just a bunch of 'or's.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Teefie
Catalyste
Teefie

So far we have:

Log in is just the lowest common denominator... it's the 'easiest' one, so less people get left out.

because loyalty is a personal, emotional thing, they can't really program something that can accurately determine it, regardless. So i hope they eventually just be like "If you have 5000 posts or log in 30/50 days or active in 3 guilds", just a bunch of 'or's.

Lol, wait wait. Then you'll have people who'll be like "but I'm not part of a guild, why you leave me out?"

It's simply the easiest, I can't agree more to that. But I just wanted to illustrate what the devs might have to go through if they decided to take other factors of loyalty into consideration. There are a lot of things to do on this site, and some folks are completely loyal to it. Communities have been made to reflect that and it would be odd if any one of them were excluded. I honestly wouldn't mind them adding account activity in there. I think that would clear up some things. It's pretty evident that not everyone posts in the public forums (whether they communicate through PMs, lurk, or do so on some third-party chat service).

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

Catalyste
Teefie
Catalyste
Teefie

So far we have:

Lol, wait wait. Then you'll have people who'll be like "but I'm not part of a guild, why you leave me out?"

It's simply the easiest, I can't agree more to that. But I just wanted to illustrate what the devs might have to go through if they decided to take other factors of loyalty into consideration. There are a lot of things to do on this site, and some folks are completely loyal to it. Communities have been made to reflect that and it would be odd if any one of them were excluded. I honestly wouldn't mind them adding account activity in there. I think that would clear up some things. It's pretty evident that not everyone posts in the public forums (whether they communicate through PMs, lurk, or do so on some third-party chat service).

HAHAHAHAA, seriously though. @_@

yeah... people will find something to complain about when it comes to anything they choose to do. It'd be REALLY extensive if they expanded the qualifications, or at least, it could. I dunno if it's really worth it to do anything more though, honestly. :sweat"

OG Gaian

5,075 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Rally Tyro 100
Miyaka Hana
fairy pastry
Miyaka Hana
You're stupid because you don't understand what I'm saying, of which is pretty damn easy to understand. Also, having a baby and jobs could damper the time I have to be able to log in and by Gaia's Definition "Be Loyal to the Site", but if I find the time to get on, she has no excuse. Please, continue your dumb-assery, it amuses me.

I LITERALLY DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET AT MY HOME.
I LITERALLY ONLY HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET ONCE-TWICE A WEEK.
LITERALLY.

Quote:

lit·er·al·ly
ˈlitərəlē,ˈlitrə-
adverb
in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
"the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"
synonyms: exactly, precisely, actually, really, truly;

I am unable to get on the internet when I am at home because no internet service provider provides internet to my area without charging $100+ a month for a 15GB limit.

You would know this if you read my replies in the thread.

BY ALL MEANS, please contact Comcast, Verizon, what the hell ever and explain to them that you would like to pay for the outrageous internet bill (because we are outside of all service areas.) TIA, I appreciate it!

It's not Gaia's Problem that you have no internet access. That's YOUR Problem. YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR Problem.

your
/yôr,yo͝or/
determiner
possesive pronoun: your; possesive pronoun: Your; determiner: Your
belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.
"what is your name?"
belonging to or associated with any person in general.
"the sight is enough to break your heart"

informal
used to denote someone or something that is familiar or typical of its kind.
"I'm just your average Joe"
used when addressing the holder of certain titles.
"Your Majesty"

Why would I care that you have no internet access? I'm here to explain that you're complaining that you didn't get access to Loyal's store because you don't have internet Access. That sucks for you, but it's not Gaia's issue to solve, it's your own. Internet access is a luxury, Loyal's shop is also a luxury, if you cannot afford the luxury, don't complain when you don't get it. Obviously. rofl
Y'know, I know you said you were gone. I hope you're not.

I like your little... tantrum you kinda had there. Totally tried to make it look better than what it was, but still a tantrum. So why not let me hear it.

Why is it wrong for people wanting Gaia to fix an issue? It's.. an address that does deserve to be fixed. I think it's completely fair for the user to ask for it to be fixed. Now I'm not going to sit here and bull s**t you, and say "YOU ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU'RE IN IT" because, I truly don't think you give a s**t about that.

I just want to know why... you feel it's so wrong for someone wanting Gaia to fix how they see their loyalty. Loyalty is a big idea. And to be called anything but loyal to Gaia after staying all these years, really does seem a bit tacky.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff