Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Millionaire

12,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
Is there anyway to get this one guy banned aside from reporting him? Or to even just get the admins to look into him?

This guy has been coming onto the servers for a while now and harassing people but because he isn't verbally doing it the admins don't seem to want to do anything! He is actively seeking out a few of my friends on the servers, as in he will log on see they aren't there and swap servers until he finds them. Then he will follow them around with the g key and every time they tell him to stop he says he isn't doing anything. He will not stop or leave them alone.

They have changed their security settings, ignored him, etc. But the issue is that he is stalking them and they are TOO SCARED TO GET ON zOMG without me checking to see if this guy is on first. This has to be against the ToS, if not the law, in some way! Surely the admins can do something about him!

One of my friends asked people on Brain Clam and he has apparently been doing this for months without anything happening to him. I know that Gaia has abandoned zOMG but do they really not care if someone is making people afraid to use their website?

Wheezing Hoarder

14,175 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'll come forward and say that I'm the main person who is actually seriously concerned about this guy.

He seems to target female avatars.

I've been on this site for almost nine years and I have never felt so threatened by anyone. I am actually terrified of going onto zOMG! or even Towns because I don't want to deal with him.

Someone has recorded their screen of him following Lost by Neverland, which he did for a good three hours, even after she and I moved to another layer to get away from him. Before, it was just annoying, but when he changed layers just to continue I became severely concerned.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
If they have reported him, the best they can do is place him on Ignore, and just pretend he doesn't exist. Keeping track of each report also helps, since the Mods don't care for screenshots.

Also, name dropping is against the rules, and I'd adivse against it.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
PM a mod and explain the situation. I guess best way she could deal with it now is entering instances either by entering with a crew or hiding with a friend. Otami water also is a great place to hide. Tons of hiding spots there. Oh sewers is a good area too.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
It must be extremely annoying, definitely, but what's there to feel threatened about?

TasteChaos's King

Duck

I understand that this is extremely annoying and frustrating, but since all he's doing is G'ing I don't see any reason to be scared. Just ignore it, he'll get bored and annoy someone else.

Report for trolling and just pretend he isn't there, all those people want is reactions.
kuroseraph
I'll come forward and say that I'm the main person who is actually seriously concerned about this guy.

He seems to target female avatars.

I've been on this site for almost nine years and I have never felt so threatened by anyone. I am actually terrified of going onto zOMG! or even Towns because I don't want to deal with him.

Someone has recorded their screen of him following Lost by Neverland, which he did for a good three hours, even after she and I moved to another layer to get away from him. Before, it was just annoying, but when he changed layers just to continue I became severely concerned.

I actually got really scared but I really think that we should do something about it
I bet he will follow new people every time
Yes we are all scared of zOMG now and I have never been this scared to go on before
Even when I brought my mule he followed me
He is a stalker but at least he didn't pm me

Thieving Rogue

Owlie
It must be extremely annoying, definitely, but what's there to feel threatened about?

The fact that the person is so adamantly continuing such behavior after asking to stop?

The fact they are targeting female avatars- which is gross and would definitely get them in crap outside of the internet? Heck even on the internet, dating sites have rules against crappy harassment like that, and im sure other forum sites and game sites do too

Its sort of like- if they are going this far to be an annoyance in game, what if they somehow got personal info or anything like that. It could just be a troll for the sake of trolling, but it could also be someone more dangerous who would actually do things like that outside of a game, or someone who might be in the same area who has stalker/creeper tendencies.

There could be a lot of things making it feel threatening to the people this person is harassing.

To the thread creator: I'm going to second putting that user on your ignore list, it hides their posts from you and I think hides yours from them, and definitely mention it to an admin/mod. If no action is taken in more than a few months and this user continues, send another one, maybe?(scratch that, theres apparently an up to 5 month wait for some things? hopefully Gaia will take it seriously enough to respond and deal with it pretty quickly. Harassment is BS and should not be tolerated, unfortunately im not sure what else to suggest) Its awful that someone is harassing you so badly sad Hopefully its just some pathetic trolling attempt and they'll get bored and piss off. Ain't fair that someone can get away with crap like that.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
AquariTerrible
Owlie

The fact that the person is so adamantly continuing such behavior after asking to stop?

The fact they are targeting female avatars- which is gross and would definitely get them in crap outside of the internet? Heck even on the internet, dating sites have rules against crappy harassment like that, and im sure other forum sites and game sites do too

Its sort of like- if they are going this far to be an annoyance in game, what if they somehow got personal info or anything like that. It could just be a troll for the sake of trolling, but it could also be someone more dangerous who would actually do things like that outside of a game, or someone who might be in the same area who has stalker/creeper tendencies.

There could be a lot of things making it feel threatening to the people this person is harassing.

To the thread creator: I'm going to second putting that user on your ignore list, it hides their posts from you and I think hides yours from them, and definitely mention it to an admin/mod. If no action is taken in more than a few months and this user continues, send another one, maybe?(scratch that, theres apparently an up to 5 month wait for some things? hopefully Gaia will take it seriously enough to respond and deal with it pretty quickly. Harassment is BS and should not be tolerated, unfortunately im not sure what else to suggest) Its awful that someone is harassing you so badly sad Hopefully its just some pathetic trolling attempt and they'll get bored and piss off. Ain't fair that someone can get away with crap like that.

I'm not arguing that it's not harassment, it definitely is. Yes, it's creepy, it's weird, it's against the rules, I would hate it too. It definitely needs to be dealt with.

It's just strange to hear that someone feels threatened when there's absolutely no possibility of harm. Unless you're planning on giving this guy your home address or contact information, which obviously is not the case, your chances of actually being hurt is at zero.

Thieving Rogue

Owlie

I'm not arguing that it's not harassment, it definitely is. Yes, it's creepy, it's weird, it's against the rules, I would hate it too. It definitely needs to be dealt with.

It's just strange to hear that someone feels threatened when there's absolutely no possibility of harm. Unless you're planning on giving this guy your home address or contact information, which obviously is not the case, your chances of actually being hurt is at zero.

Internet harassment is just something I am against so strongly, I still stand by saying there is enough to feel uneasy or threatened about. Its one of those things where it just depends on each person, I suppose. The main thing is these users feel threatened.

I do apologize, as it seems your intent was not what was interpreted. Sorry for misinterpreting your post.

Wheezing Hoarder

14,175 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
My favorite is when the servers on zOMG! switch over and it goes from three servers to one.

So he's going to be there. So that means that I can't play zOMG!. I think I've gotten over the terror and it's just gone to disappointment and annoyance, but I still don't want to see his stupid avatar following me around. I paid a lot of gold for this hair and I don't want to see some dope in front of me.

Of course I could just tell my friends to move areas, but I shouldn't have to do that. I shouldn't have to change my habits on a stupid game to avoid someone who causes me distress.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff