Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Heikon
User ImageHeikon turned around when his motion sensor detected movement on the opposite side of the room. To his surprise it was someone he recognized... from a history book. Switching off the translator so his voice was in English again he spoke to the new person. "Hey, you're... Skeleton Man, aren't you? One of the few successful 'heroes' from the early twenty first century. I guess you being here would explain your strange disappearance back then. And yes, you'd be correct. I don't know where, or when, she's from, but I'm a mercenary from the year 2435, my name is Heikon. It would appear that time passes somewhat differently in this place. According to miss Huntress here, there's no way out, and trying to destroy the walls only alerts the maze's guardians." Heikon kept his right arm in cannon form, just in case.

((btw, Heikon's theme song is linked to the picture. in case anyone was curious))

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
Lynda

Lynda let out another sigh at the way the golem was taken care of. Wasn't it technically the man's fault for waking it up in the first place? A quick apology probably would've sufficed, especially since he had the ability to speak its language. No matter, the golem would reconstruct itself soon enough and hopefully they would be gone by the time it did. No need for it to be extra angry for blowing it up. She got to work on removing the sinew along the beast's spine but before she could even get a third of the way, someone else came in. Today was quite lively; a first for her. The only time she was surrounded by more than one person was if they were all corpses. As the two conversed, she ignored them - she couldn't understand well enough anyway - and removed what she needed for now from the animal. She slid off its back and walked to the far end of the room where she retrieved the arrow she had shot before, embedded in the wall, and a rather modern looking hiking backpack she had taken from a woman a number of years ago. She loaded all her meat into it to smoke later. For now, she had to leave this room before the golem figured out its new body and the boar's pack came looking for their missing member.

Biggest Anubutt

Arthur Cross // >Skeleton Man<

"I guess it's nice to know I'll be remembered, even into the distant future." Arthur said, when the man from more than 400 years from the future recognised him. "So, how fat, lazy, and stupid are people from your time? If it got any worse than it was in my time, then God help you." Arthur said, being entirely serious. The fact that this guy was wearing a metal suit should have given him his answer. When the woman from earlier began to leave, Arthur watched as she pulled an arrow out of the wall on the far side of the room. "I don't care what time period she's from, I wanna be on her team if she's strong enough to get an arrow stuck in one of your "indestructible" walls." Arthur told Heikon, going to follow the girl out of the chamber. "There's always a way out, you just have to have the vision to see it." Arthur told him. "Just as I'm sure these walls aren't indestructible. Everything has a weakness." Arthur told him as they walked.

Theme Music

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Heikon 24%
User ImageHeikon shook his head, apparently everyone in the past considered wearing one hundred fifty kilos of metal at all times lazy. "Whatever." Heikon turned and headed down the path after the other two, The second we get out of here, I'm bailing on these nutjobs.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
Lynda | Sign

Lynda absentmindedly wiped her arrow shaft on the already dirtied bandage that wrapped around her wrist as she exited the room. Before continuing into the dark hall, however, she turned to the wall and her arrowhead began to glow a faint red-orange like it had when she was fighting the monster. She stabbed it into the stone and dragged it, etching a shallow, but legible message in her language: Lynda ~2633. Surrounding it were similar carvings, most covered with vegetation that seeped in through cracks, all of them bearing her name and much earlier year counts. She slid the arrow back into her quiver and snatched a leaf from one of the wall vines. Not looking back to see if the other two were following close, she walked down the hall and saw a turn to her right. She flicked the leaf into the new hallway and watched closely. As it drifted, it instantly turned brown and then disintegrated into dust. "Don't go that way." she warned and continued straight.

|| Added song because everyone else had one lol Though its really just the one I'm listening to currently while typing. ||

Biggest Anubutt

Arthur followed the girl with the bow, watching as she pulled a leaf off and let it drift down one of the pathways. But Arthur didn't entirely believe what he saw. hold on guys, I'll be right back." He said. Taking one of the vines off the wall and going the same direction that the girl let the leaf drift. As he suspected the vine disintegrated as he walked, but he was completely fine. Smiling, he said, "If you've been avoiding areas like this because of what you see, then it may have been the maze playing tricks on your eyes." Arthur said, "If this maze is anything like some mazes in fiction, than whoever created it made it so we'd be afraid of going the right direction. A clever idea, but not clever enough." Arthur said, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. "Seeing is believing, after all." Arthur said, waiting for the two of them to decide which way they were going.

Theme Music

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Heikon 24%
User ImageHeikon activated a scanning device in his helmet, the hallway which Skeleton Man had taken the vine had a bubble of energy in it, but none of his equipment could tell what it was. "As far as I can tell there's some weird energy in the hallway, not dissimilar from the energy huntress over there has on her arrows. I can't seem to find it's source or how or what it'd doing here. Although seeing as how it kills plants in one way or another I wouldn't recommend standing in it for too long. Hold up, if we're going to be traveling together you two may as well have these." Heikon opened a small compartment in his upper arm and took two small devices out before closing it again. "Catch" He said in both English and Voljen, he tossed one to Skeleton man and the other to the girl. "Those will translate any incoming language into whatever language they're set to. It'll save time and make communication easier until we get out." Heikon followed the path Skeleton Man had chosen and walked quickly through the bubble of whatever it was. The hallway on the other side seemed to be long and straight. But one thing was for certain: "This hallway is full of traps. Mechanisms under a lot of the floor tiles, some are giving off that energy too. Proceed with extreme caution." Heikon chose what tiles he stepped on with extreme caution, avoiding even going near the trapped ones, hoping the others would follow his footsteps.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
Lynda | Sign

Lynda stopped to listen to the two talk and sighed again when they decided to walk into the hall she had just said to not go into. She could just leave them and continue with her own agenda...but then again, she hadn't come across anyone in a while and should they die (she doubted they would survive long), she wouldn't know where their bodies would end up, let alone their supplies. As they navigated the trapped tiles, she slowly reached a hand into the hall and could feel it instantly sapping her energy. It fed off of it and she resisted as best as she could as she followed them, hoping they would move quickly so she could leave the bubble. These were the times she wished she didn't have the powers she did because the other two weren't affected at all.

Biggest Anubutt

Arthur caught the device that was tossed to him, quickly putting it on. "Alright, that's pretty neat." He said. When he said the floor was covered in trapped ties, Arthur responded, "In that case I just won't touch the floor." Arthur said, smiling. Before either of them could question what he said, Arthur ran towards a wall, jumping and pushing off of it to the wall on the other side. He continued this process until he made it to the wall on the far side. Waiting for the others, he said, "I think my way was safer and faster than what yo guys are doing." With a smile on his face, which was a lot more like shouting because of the distance.

Theme Music

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Heikon 24%
User ImageHeikon finished navigating the hallway and took a look ahead, the only available path turned to the right and lead to another large chamber, The door on the far side was blocked by what looked like a giant statue of a Hydra sleeping. "I can see no way around that thing, no switches or buttons that might open a side path are showing up. And the last time I tried to smash a part of this maze, it tried to smash me back." Heikon walked forward to get a closer look at the statue, and as he suspected it fully blocked the doorway. But there was something else, a stone tablet lay on the ground by the statues feet. It was about one square meter in size, and one side was covered with some form of markings. Heikon knelt down and picked it up, but for all his knowlage and technology he had no idea what it said... When he tried to search his armor's data banks for any refrence to what was written on the tablet he was rewarded with a short message: ERROR, writing does not match any recorded human language.
"Fascinating. This tablet seems to predate recorded human history. There may be a pattern to these markings, if we come across a few more I might be able to piece together what it says. It may hold some clue to an exit." He held it out to the girl with the crazy arrows, "Assuming we're not all insane, you're from the oldest time, do you recognize any of this writing?"

EDITED

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
Lynda | Sign

Lynda followed close behind Heikon, wanting to get out of the bubble as fast as possible. Once they entered the room, she let out a sigh of relief and opened and closed her fists. She felt a little weaker, but after resting tonight with some dinner everything should be back to speed. When he came to her with the tablet, she looked it over once, "I've seen it before in very old books but no one except the high elders learned it, and even then they weren't fluent. I can pick out some words here and there but understanding is impossible."

Biggest Anubutt

While the two other people spoke about a tablet found on the ground, Arthur was getting a very good look at the statue and the area around it. He found a spot on the wall next to the statue that had strange writing on it, but there was a chunk missing that looked like it had pressure plates around it. It was slightly hidden behind the statue, which would explain why it wasn't seen. Reproaching the other two, Arthur said, "Can I see that really quick?" Arthur asked the girl. After he was handed the tablet, Arthur went back to the spot on the wall where he thought it might be from. Pushing it into the wall Arthur heard a click, and the statue moved slightly. Though not enough for them to squeeze through the exit, it did reveal another portion of the wall that was also missing something. "Hey guys, are there any more of those tablets around here? I think they may be our ticket out of this room." Arthur said, coming back to join the two.

Theme Music

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Heikon 24%
User Image"Fascinating, It must use pressureplates and moving tiles under the floor... But I'm still curious as to what it says." Heikon had been shown a few key words by the huntress girl, he still didn't know her name, and from those words he could potentially figure out most of the ancient language... probably. There were a few other tablets lying about, and each one had more writing on it. They fit into the slots next to the statue one after another, until the statue had moved sufficiently to allow passage through the hallway. But something was wrong, not more than two yards down the hallway was another wall, no turns or forks, just a dead end. "Perhaps there's a lever to open a door somewhere around here, or maybe... I'll try to translate these markings as best I can." Heikon examined the writing closely, and after a moment he spoke; "Now remember this might not be an exact translation, but I think this reads: 'He who seeks to travel this path, will have to face the Hydra's wrath.' This is a statue of a Hydra I wonder..." Then Heikon realized what the message had meant. "Oh screw me, IT'S A TRAP!" He yelled to the other two only a moment before the statue began to shake off cracked pieces of stone off of it's body. The hydra had awoken, and wasn't happy with it's unwanted visitors.

Fashionable Raider

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
Lynda | Sign

Lynda leaped back away from the awakening monster and drew an arrow, notched, and fired in the blink of an eye. It drilled through one of the hydra's heads like it did with the creature from before, but from the bleeding neck two more heads emerged. "God damn it." was all she could get out before having to jump and roll to the side to avoid having her torso bitten off.

Eternal Vampire

10,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
Heikon 24%
User ImageA moment after the warning had left his mouth, Heikon got hit full on by the monster's tail and was flung into a wall. The wall received a sizable crater, but a second later, and the armored man pried himself loose. "Well that's not something I'm keen to experience twice." Heikon aimed his cannon arm at one of the monster's heads, only to see it get exploded by an arrow, and then grow back with a friend... "Facsinating, if it has a healing factor that large, this could get complicated..." he turned to the other two, "Keep him busy! I need a minute!" Heikon knelt down on one knee to brace himself for what he had planned, It wasn't going to be easy but it would take care of the beast. He switched his helmet to mute so the other's wouldn't hear him.
"Charge Unmaker." His helmet's computer responded, "Warning! Power consumed by Unmaker will leave the power armor at less than 10% power. Override code requi-" Heikon cut off his computerized warning speech. "Override code: Hellfire. Charge the damn cannon!" Energy from every system in his suit of technology began to focus in his cannon arm, causing it to give off a light of increasing intensity, It would be about thirty to forty-five seconds before it would be charged, and another ten to fire it, and Heikon had to remain still or else the cannon engulfing half of his right arm could very well explode... It was going to be a long minute.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff