• Tycoon 200
I can't believe how much gold's value has been lost

this is seriously the worst I've seen
a few months ago I bought wings for 60mil
now they're 2 billion. gonk

Fuzzy Bear

Baja
uninanonomonitity
i remember when pink giftboxes were 500g and you started out vending by buying one blue giftbox for 100-200g and listing it for 100g more and slowly saving up until you could vend pink giftboxes (which people bought because fresh grass skirt and nitemare headband were luxury rarities). I remember sealed letters being 2.5k. I remember DJ's at 20k gold, now they are 20 billion. Or the pimpin outfit was what rich users equipped.
Lol, I remenbre the pimp outfits. They were like one of the most common status symbols. Anyone who was anyone, was a pimp.
still am cool emotion_brofist

Eloquent Lunatic

LOL just reading this I realized and even more sinister undercurrent to rereleasing old '03 items. Not just because more in circulation, status items gone blahblahblah, they used to be set markers for wealth. And if you had an '03 item and left for awhile and came back, it would inflate. Now, basically everything but the halo and devil tail are worthless. (MNWs fluctuating.)

So any gaian who WAS rich on the site, was accustomed to being rich, and had every reason to expect to continue being Gaian rich if they left and came back, is suddenly dirt poor... and has to buy Gaia Cash to get back into the game.

That's pretty ******** up lol. I never thought of it that way.

Rainbow Reveler

14,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
Oh god, I'm the same. Somehow, I came into 35 mil. And I'm STILL ******** questing. If this was a year ago, I'd be able to buy multiples of what I'm questing.

This is the most gold I have EVER had. And I still can't get what I've been questing for ages.

Sparkling Senshi

I bought something the other day for 30m thinking WOW WHAT A DEAL! and then thought about how terrible it is that I think 30m is cheap now.

Blessed Saint

God I do remember those days.
I remember not too long ago when Raguel's Wings were 70 million tops. Look on it now and it's skyrocketed to 2 billion. *cries

Also yes I have bought gold generators, before I realised that it was doing harm to the marketplace... now I don't (and try to stay away from it).

Honestly Gaia is completely turning a blind eye against this. And if there's not a majority saying no, I doubt anything would change.

Blessed Saint

may oak
I can't believe how much gold's value has been lost

this is seriously the worst I've seen
a few months ago I bought wings for 60mil
now they're 2 billion. gonk

emo Was going for Raguel's Wings... it just disappeared to the farthest depths of the universe within a few months.

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Una-tan

I was just talking about this with my fiance. I've been here since 04 or 05 I can't remember, this wasn't my original and now my original is locked (with expensive items ._. ). Recently I looked up what I could sell things for. Most of it was worthless, even the once expensive things, and everything else was way way way above my price range.

To make things ten times worse, the one item I wanted most was 700million. Well, because of inflation I went ahead and sold the items I'd been getting slowly, with real cash. I now have 700million. Just the other day they removed some "gold cap", and what happened? The wings went up to 44 BILLION. It literally makes me sick to my stomach and angry. Unless you have real cash, nothing matters. $60 for one virtual piece of clothing, and items where you have to buy 5 or 6 with real cash in order to have an outfit. If you could use all the pieces it would be one thing! But yeah that's my "two cents" on the matter! stressed

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
I am quite shocked actually.
I have an amount of gold I never would have even dreamed of ever obtaining when I started in 2004.

Firebreathing Kitten

11,675 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100
Kamaratih
God I do remember those days.
I remember not too long ago when Raguel's Wings were 70 million tops. Look on it now and it's skyrocketed to 2 billion. *cries

Also yes I have bought gold generators, before I realised that it was doing harm to the marketplace... now I don't (and try to stay away from it).

Honestly Gaia is completely turning a blind eye against this. And if there's not a majority saying no, I doubt anything would change.

it's terrible... it's like an addiction to get so much gold so easily.
I bought a couple of Secret Admirers in hopes of some new items and got gold instead.

When I think about how much each of those rigs are priced at on the MP, it makes me sick to imagine some person buying one off the MP and getting a quarter of what they paid for it originally.

It's all pretty bad, but I have also sold some of my old stuff and bought some nice new things instead. Included cute little animated kitty pet items.

Tipsy Prophet

I'm an old user who took a five year break. I popped back in two months ago and saw an item I wanted years ago at an attainable price. 7mil? No problem, I have old old inventory I can sell. Took me a month because I forgot to come back and check on vends but, 7mil attained. Check back and the item I hoped to purchase jumped to about 30mil. In four weeks.
Looking around the MP I noticed everything started soaring out of control within the last two months. Whaaaat the hell.
Yo, back in the day 14k could get you the newest donation item and even then you had to work hard for that cash money. Hours on this site, posting.

I used to be one of those donate-$5-every-month users. Use one item, save one item. Seeing what the market's become? Yeah no.

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
I remember a time when I could buy rigs with gold...can't really do that anymore. I've been working my E-butt of trying to earn cash to buy the rigs I've missed xwx

Demonic Warlock

44,375 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
It's a pretty sad day when I get a gift & the item is worth 1-20mil... which means it's a "cheap" item compared to the MP.

That is bloody insane.

Back in '07 I had 400k & I thought I was insanely rich (I was new back then razz )

Just now? This is crazy...

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
Starflec
I bought something the other day for 30m thinking WOW WHAT A DEAL! and then thought about how terrible it is that I think 30m is cheap now.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Same here!
I just bought the hair I'm wearing for 30mill and was so glad that it was ONLY 30mill. WTF? gonk

~ Fly over me Evil Angel ~

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
Tell me about it...I just recently starting coming back to Gaia, and I was surprised at how inflation flooded this place. I currently, only have a little over 41 million gold and I can barely afford a decent outfit. Gold generators was the worst thing to happen to this place, imho.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff