Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Shapeshifter

Sadly i noticed newbies and gaians that dont use gc are being outcasted on here. The games nerf such as zomg and booty grab gives not enough to equal out the inflation. 100k a day is not enough when most items are over 2 mil or more. I used to love gaia and play the games but with the inflation it doesnt seem worth it for an all day thing to get a lil chump change. its like a beggar on the street sits all day with a cup only to get a 1.50 and everything in the store to eat cost 5.00 dollars.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
If the games were unnerfed then it would add onto the inflation. We don't need to be putting more gold in the system, we need to take it out of the system.

Why do you think Gaia nerfed both? Because they were all "AH-HA! WE ARE FUN NAZIS! NO FUN FOR YOU!" No because it was contributing to issues. And really the payout of bootygrab and a lot of things do add up after a while it might not seem a lot but it does make the amount bigger the more you do it.

Aged Gaian

Astra Green
If the games were unnerfed then it would add onto the inflation. We don't need to be putting more gold in the system, we need to take it out of the system.

Why do you think Gaia nerfed both? Because they were all "AH-HA! WE ARE FUN NAZIS! NO FUN FOR YOU!" No because it was contributing to issues. And really the payout of bootygrab and a lot of things do add up after a while it might not seem a lot but it does make the amount bigger the more you do it.

I'm sorry but Booty Grab and such things were the least of our worries darlin.

If they wanted to fix the gold issue - they should have never placed gold generators on the site to begin with.

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Problem with that is that it'd make our awful situation a virtual Hell.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Hera
Astra Green

I'm sorry but Booty Grab and such things were the least of our worries darlin.

If they wanted to fix the gold issue - they should have never placed gold generators on the site to begin with.

If you're going to refer to me, please use my username, it's there for a user. I don't know you personally so I ask that you refrain from pet names. Thank you.

Anyway, it's part of why it was nerfed in the first place. Inflation has been around for a long time. Unnerfing the gold payout of zOMG and booty grab would make things a lot worse compared to what they were at least at the amounts that most people suggest when they want booty grab and aquarium unnerfed.

Let's say in theory they did just that: We would be in the same position we are now instead of people blaming gold generators for the inflation it'd be booty grab.

Perfect Saint

Has someone done the math for this? Would the effects of removing game nerfs and increasing forum pay outs actually have as much as an effect as the billions of gold being plugged into the economy by gold generators. We've had unnerfed BG and zOMG before 2010, but their effect were admittedly alarming AT THAT TIME, but their combined effects never reached the trillions the same way 100-pack billion-gold gold generators have in recent weeks.

I think it will make it conducive for regular users to still want to try to earn gold outside of purchasing GC for generators.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Honestly at this point with how bad inflation has gotten Gaia might as well uncap the games and Hoc. Gaia and Gaians seem to like inflation despite all the threads, so I kind of want the virtual economy to break faster so I can see what a virtual depression looks like. Even with hard coring zOMG! or booty grab all day, the amount doesn't even come close to what someone can earn from gold generators now. Even the gold payouts for gold generators are not enough to keep up with demand of gold. At least with uncapping the games, it would bring people who have quit the site back to Gaiaonline. I know a lot of friends quit Gaia due to zOMG! being nerfed. So yes uncap games and Gaia needs to release gold sinks. With inflation now, it's impossible for those that purely use gold to keep up with the expenses of using the games. For example zOMG! powerups are highly inflated and the 50K cap will not help someone who needs to use power-ups for places like dms that cost 2 mil+ gold. Sigh I can't think of good gold expenses for Hoc and Aquariums right now in order to lift those caps.

Obsessive Shopper

Really, can un-nerfing really be a drop in the bucket compared to what the generators have done? At least it would give super dedicated gaians a way to maybe keep up other than vending.
Or, at least, to buy the loyal items by the end of gaia rolleyes

Dangerous Explorer

Elizabeth de Counte
Really, can un-nerfing really be a drop in the bucket compared to what the generators have done? At least it would give super dedicated gaians a way to maybe keep up other than vending.
Or, at least, to buy the loyal items by the end of gaia rolleyes

I agree with this. I Iike the idea of gaians making goId by actuaIIy being invoIved with the site more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff