Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Belethiel
ANYTHING BUT GOLD GENERATORS!

You know something, Gaia Staff? These users in Site Feedback and Gaia Community Discussion are the users that care the most about this place.

Those staying silent on gold generators and even buying them don't matter in the long run.

Why chase old users away and limit your future customers by wrecking this site with terrible marketing tactics.

I guess I'm lost then since I come from the z!F, my home forum. ninja I think the whole community cares about the site. There are so many different things to do on Gaiaonline. Like it took my brother four years to convince me to join Gaiaonline and what did it was zOMG! I thought the site was just going to be an anime dress up barbie doll site, which kind of makes me sad that Gaia has focused into that now since it is what turned me away from the site so long. I learned it was much more than that over time. Basically avatars aren't the only reason why people joined the site. So many other parts of the site matter to the community as well.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
I actually thought Herald of Chaos was pretty fun in the concept, I'm sad it's no longer on the site and moderately confused by the items the re-released in the CIs but it's Gaia's call.Off-topic: I think the map concept to HoC could've inspired what inspired PWI to go with Nation Wars. Jump from place to place on the map until you reach an opponent taking over land and pk them/take over.

It'd be cool if they brought that back. I didn't care for MOGA. They can keep MOGA.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Astra Green
I actually thought Herald of Chaos was pretty fun in the concept, I'm sad it's no longer on the site and moderately confused by the items the re-released in the CIs but it's Gaia's call.Off-topic: I think the map concept to HoC could've inspired what inspired PWI to go with Nation Wars. Jump from place to place on the map until you reach an opponent taking over land and pk them/take over.

It'd be cool if they brought that back. I didn't care for MOGA. They can keep MOGA.

Seems like the newest Hoc item released in a rig is a recolor, so second time that item has been recolored? I think there is a link you can still play it but I'm not sure if it still works. But yes it would be cool to get an Hoc artist came back on contract to make some items for the game in Rococo's shop. Map would have been cool too. I became friends with [ JK ] who worked on Hoc and zOMG! when I met him when I was a nubling. Somehow I ran into a Moga dev in a zOMG! smob crew, became friends with him and met another one who worked on that game, Hords of Nords, and Moga. So it's like because of their kindness they have shown me as well as the kindness other friends I've met on zOMG! is why I think features shouldn't be forgotten. I've had more social interaction and made more friends through zOMG! than any other part of the site. I'm starting to make friends in forums too but it isn't as easy. I figure Gaians have their own comfort zones on the site that they like to hang out with, so it's like any update even if it's a new item to enhance their experience on a certain feature is better than not having any updates at all. Plus it wouldn't hurt if every flash space had new cash and gold shop updates that couldn't financially support the feature and make Gaians happy that their feature was recognized in some way.

Otherworldly Comrade

19,065 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
That would be cool as long as they didn't go overkill like they're doing now. Nobody wants 70 announcements.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Aria_Of_The_Shadows
That would be cool as long as they didn't go overkill like they're doing now. Nobody wants 70 announcements.

I came back to over 100 announcements after my hiatus and was like what happened to Gaia? lol But yeah I don't like announcements too much either, which is why I'm all for Gaia having a schedule on sales. I'd be happy if it was like even an once a month update on each shop. Like shops for aquariums would get updates, then fishing, then zOMG!, then Hoc, then minigames in the Prize and Joy Shop, then housing and so on. But yes I do hope that it's not overkilled on.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Aria_Of_The_Shadows

They seem to be drawing ideas from the "do something until users are sick of it" school of marketing.

Moderation, people.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Nova0437
Aria_Of_The_Shadows

They seem to be drawing ideas from the "do something until users are sick of it" school of marketing.

Moderation, people.

I wasn't around when Flynn first got released, but from what I heard in forums, people thought it would be a one time thing kind of like the Halo. I just want permanent updates to the shops instead of Gaia focusing so much on the cash shop. There are so many items in there now I can't tell what is even new anymore or what is what. It's like one big mess in there. It would be lovely for other parts of the site to get updates for once whether it involves cash and/or gold. I'm sure aquariums would love to have some new fish, housing get new furniture, zOMG! could get rereleased rings and fluff bundles and possible outfits, fishing could get some new rods and bats and items. It's like we used to get updates on some of our other shops, but it stinks it stopped just because gold generators came out and limited items.

Sparkly Codger

10,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
I agree 100% with everything the OP said. There is SO much more to Gaia than the cash shop, and quite frankly I'm sick and tired of playing dress-up-dolls and playing the Marketplace!

I haven't felt like a real Gaian in a long time; pretty much since the neglect and decline of the Aquarium community which I was a VERY happy part of since I joined in 2009. I bought around $150 worth of Gaia cash my first couple of years here to spend on fish from Phin-Phang, and since we've been crapped on like we have I have ceased to buy any.

See what happens when you neglect other features on the site, Gaia? When you cease to listen to your loyal userbase? You lose customers and you lose LOTS of extra money AND free advertising via happy users!
When you were still showing us some healthy respect, I remember the average number of users online was so much higher! 75k on average, and during the summer months 100k users or more were online enjoying your site!

PLEASE listen to your users--I for one am very eager to buy more Gaia cash, but won't until you show us the respect we deserve--I'm just waiting and watching each day for some sign you care about us again.
There's a long-standing, unwritten rule out there that's been around as long as people have, and that is if you want respect from others, you have to SHOW respect to others, and that applies to entities like companies as well as individual people.

Leader

I approve your decision !

Invisible Noob

Gaia gave up on developing new things a loooong time ago. seems to me like they're going the easy way, generate new items for real money, recolor old s**t for real money, and other easy things. There is none of that ACTUAL developing like there once was when Gaia was young. The new people don't care about the users because they didn't grow with the users. The originals of Gaia don't work for Gaia anymore. The new gaia doesn't know us, they don't know the value of 2003 sealed items, that is why they're re-coloring so much and making the originals worthless.
They seem to not understand that the 2003 items were so precious because only those who BELIEVED in new-born Gaia possessed them.

ugh. It's sad to see Gaia go down in this pathetic manner. I wish they could at least be more human and interact with the users more, as well as develop new areas. They're getting more money than ever, you would think they could afford to pay developers to create new things. is all of their money going to one single artist pixeling s**t? *sigh*

Anxious Gaian

11,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I agree.

The biggest grief I have with it, aside of its precipitousness, is the fact i am paying REAL money for virtual items.
This is why i never bought into the other major avatar based site that we don't discuss. Or that other site I can't mention.

If you offered a service, a flat amount to say, play a game LIKE Zomg! or another game that I could enjoy-and reap rewards from, I'd consider giving you money again.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
random-peasant
Gaia gave up on developing new things a loooong time ago. seems to me like they're going the easy way, generate new items for real money, recolor old s**t for real money, and other easy things. There is none of that ACTUAL developing like there once was when Gaia was young. The new people don't care about the users because they didn't grow with the users. The originals of Gaia don't work for Gaia anymore. The new gaia doesn't know us, they don't know the value of 2003 sealed items, that is why they're re-coloring so much and making the originals worthless.
They seem to not understand that the 2003 items were so precious because only those who BELIEVED in new-born Gaia possessed them.

ugh. It's sad to see Gaia go down in this pathetic manner. I wish they could at least be more human and interact with the users more, as well as develop new areas. They're getting more money than ever, you would think they could afford to pay developers to create new things. is all of their money going to one single artist pixeling s**t? *sigh*

I guess I need to clear some stuff. Some existing things that have already been made for the shops, I'm asking to bring back like Dolphin for aquariums and old zOMG! rings. It's not like I'm asking a lot from Gaia. Plus they were making new fish and furniture not that long ago before, so why did it stop? I'm not asking for new features that cost an arm and a leg. I'm asking Gaia to work with they already have on the site. Sorry I got off-topic before, but this thread isn't about the MC releases and hey I tried my best reasoning about that with sisky and no one backed me up about the Halo back in August, which is why I took a hiatus. I'm not asking for the actual cash shop to be updated. It gets enough attention as it is. Gaia is more than just about our avatars, so I'm doing my best to ask/beg/plead with Gaia to focus on other areas of the site as well. Like if Gaia wants to make money, why is it just focused on the cash shop? Why can't they release new fish, new cars, new furniture, etc. as well? Put both gold and cash updates with those. I mean how cute would it be to have an [Animal] shirt with a fish on it in the Ole Fishing Hole or have our animal bases carry fishing rods, then new fishing rods for our animal bases to wear and use. Gaia has so much potential to make money and upgrade their features, but they are really limiting themselves out with just the focus on the cash shop. I'm not saying gold shops aren't getting updates, but the shops that are connected to all the flash spaces are not getting updated at all right now, which is really neglecting a huge portion of the high retention userbase that use the flash spaces. Like last data collected said Towns 2 was the most popular flash space, then zOMG!, then Rallies.

I don't know when I came back from my hiatus in December I heard Gaia was actually losing money from the past six months and even the past year from a staff member despite the release of the gold generators which I found amusing. So I don't view their existing sales as successful at all even though they have probably improved since then with the bundles. Gaia needs to get smarter about getting money. Because they will lose their community and more money at this rate. The community I do agree needs to be listened to again because that is what made the site unique was the staff interaction, the events, the manga storyline, and the games. Without that, Gaians could easily find other forums and dress up doll games that provide more entertainment. I guess if an accounting grad can't reason with Gaia about how to make a profit and keep the community happy, then there lies little hope for the site, so all I can do is try my best even if it fails badly. Oh do you have any ideas on what Gaia can do to keep the site itself entertaining again?

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Black-Widow-Romanoff
I agree.

The biggest grief I have with it, aside of its precipitousness, is the fact i am paying REAL money for virtual items.
This is why i never bought into the other major avatar based site that we don't discuss. Or that other site I can't mention.

If you offered a service, a flat amount to say, play a game LIKE Zomg! or another game that I could enjoy-and reap rewards from, I'd consider giving you money again.

Yep Gaiaonline is a service based company that is supposed to offer us entertainment. So we pay for a service, not just virtual goods. Like there are a lot of Gaians that would be willing to pay for $10 and under virtual products if it meant that their flash space, guilds, forums, etc. was getting support again. Some Gaians would rather buy furniture, things for their car, or rings for zOMG! than paying for stuff to dress their avis. I wish Gaia could see our avatars and acquiring gold aren't the only things that get new Gaians to join and stay on the site.

Invisible Noob

Scobre
random-peasant

I guess I need to clear some stuff. Some existing things that have already been made for the shops, I'm asking to bring back like Dolphin for aquariums and old zOMG! rings. It's not like I'm asking a lot from Gaia. Plus they were making new fish and furniture not that long ago before, so why did it stop? I'm not asking for new features that cost an arm and a leg. I'm asking Gaia to work with they already have on the site. Sorry I got off-topic before, but this thread isn't about the MC releases and hey I tried my best reasoning about that with sisky and no one backed me up about the Halo back in August, which is why I took a hiatus. I'm not asking for the actual cash shop to be updated. It gets enough attention as it is. Gaia is more than just about our avatars, so I'm doing my best to ask/beg/plead with Gaia to focus on other areas of the site as well. Like if Gaia wants to make money, why is it just focused on the cash shop? Why can't they release new fish, new cars, new furniture, etc. as well? Put both gold and cash updates with those. I mean how cute would it be to have an [Animal] shirt with a fish on it in the Ole Fishing Hole or have our animal bases carry fishing rods, then new fishing rods for our animal bases to wear and use. Gaia has so much potential to make money and upgrade their features, but they are really limiting themselves out with just the focus on the cash shop. I'm not saying gold shops aren't getting updates, but the shops that are connected to all the flash spaces are not getting updated at all right now, which is really neglecting a huge portion of the high retention userbase that use the flash spaces. Like last data collected said Towns 2 was the most popular flash space, then zOMG!, then Rallies.

I don't know when I came back from my hiatus in December I heard Gaia was actually losing money from the past six months and even the past year from a staff member despite the release of the gold generators which I found amusing. So I don't view their existing sales as successful at all even though they have probably improved since then with the bundles. Gaia needs to get smarter about getting money. Because they will lose their community and more money at this rate. The community I do agree needs to be listened to again because that is what made the site unique was the staff interaction, the events, the manga storyline, and the games. Without that, Gaians could easily find other forums and dress up doll games that provide more entertainment. I guess if an accounting grad can't reason with Gaia about how to make a profit and keep the community happy, then there lies little hope for the site, so all I can do is try my best even if it fails badly. Oh do you have any ideas on what Gaia can do to keep the site itself entertaining again?

I 100% agree with everything you said. Gaia was originally never just about the avatars. Gaia was a fun place that kept developing over the years, and with events for almost every area of Gaia. I miss how Gaia used to be more enthusiastic about developing new areas of the site than about releasing items. I also left from Gaia for almost a year and when i came back inflation was over the heavens because of gold generators. I miss being able to navigate maps, towns, rallies, zomg, and everything else. The manga was also a big part of Gaia. I remember when Gaia had a plot, it appears that the site forgot about this. What happened to all the characters? Gambino? Gino? what the hell happened to the ValHelson Twins who had made a come back? Gaia was a roleplaying community where the gold shops NPCs were part of the site's plot, now it's all about being fashionable and s**t. I do miss the fish shop, I already even forgot her name. When aquariums first came out I thought it was the coolest thing ever, now it's forgotten too. So yeah, I think that Gaia would be more entertaining if there was a new developing team releasing better versions of anything existing (if they really can't understand the old coding) as long as they can make everything transfer since its in our inventory. Or come up with new stuff for it. Im sure they forgot about the Moga s**t and Herald chaos s**t too, I havent heard from it at all lately. New fishing items would be loved too, we have the same old items that are worth nothing over time because you can just buy them in the MP instead of earning it yourself. It's so much other stuff they could be doing, not just selling pixels for us to put on every second.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
random-peasant
Scobre
random-peasant

I 100% agree with everything you said. Gaia was originally never just about the avatars. Gaia was a fun place that kept developing over the years, and with events for almost every area of Gaia. I miss how Gaia used to be more enthusiastic about developing new areas of the site than about releasing items. I also left from Gaia for almost a year and when i came back inflation was over the heavens because of gold generators. I miss being able to navigate maps, towns, rallies, zomg, and everything else. The manga was also a big part of Gaia. I remember when Gaia had a plot, it appears that the site forgot about this. What happened to all the characters? Gambino? Gino? what the hell happened to the ValHelson Twins who had made a come back? Gaia was a roleplaying community where the gold shops NPCs were part of the site's plot, now it's all about being fashionable and s**t. I do miss the fish shop, I already even forgot her name. When aquariums first came out I thought it was the coolest thing ever, now it's forgotten too. So yeah, I think that Gaia would be more entertaining if there was a new developing team releasing better versions of anything existing (if they really can't understand the old coding) as long as they can make everything transfer since its in our inventory. Or come up with new stuff for it. Im sure they forgot about the Moga s**t and Herald chaos s**t too, I havent heard from it at all lately. New fishing items would be loved too, we have the same old items that are worth nothing over time because you can just buy them in the MP instead of earning it yourself. It's so much other stuff they could be doing, not just selling pixels for us to put on every second.

Yeah manga really needs to be updated on. I even tried coming up with a pet system idea that involved Gambino's mansion and like a prequel to zOMG!, but it won't be done now that Uncle Kenny is gone. ValHelson Twins appear in zOMG! now with deadman's shadow, but last I heard from them. As much as it's awesome that artists are coming back, I wish Gaia would get more developers to return as well. Basically the social team was either fired or quit, so everyone that worked on Hoc, Moga, and Hordes of Nords is gone now and some were working on the main site before that. I still do roleplaying with my smeb crews and the zOMG! dev meats, so I'm happy doing my own type of roleplaying things. I feel bad for the fishing community right now with that Captcha giving them problems. I would love if all the flash spaces got some attention again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff