13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor
I want zOMG to come back. Everyone was excited when Deadman's opened up... until you NEEDED cash to get in.

Why was that a bad thing at the time?
confused
They spent all this money adding an update to a game that users were begging for, then they make it cash only, which at that point was maybe 10% of the players, which you could tell because on all of the servers it took hours to find full parties for Deadman's. I never got to make it past the first section of deadman's because someone always had to leave by then.

Which in order to maintain and continue to update the game (which never happened due to the whole spending more then they received) they would need money. It's understandable that the bloodstone amulets would cost money and something I expected when I heard that DMS was coming out.

By the time DMS came out, zOMG was on it's last leg in both getting played and money coming as a whole.

Who said it needed to be that expensive, though? More people would have been able to try if it wasn't 300 something GC for an amulet. Plenty of people do the online deals if they can't get a card or don't want to use paypal. And those who could buy them sold them for close to 1mil in the market. That was back before the inflation hit bad.

Prophet

Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor
I want zOMG to come back. Everyone was excited when Deadman's opened up... until you NEEDED cash to get in.

confused
They spent all this money adding an update to a game that users were begging for, then they make it cash only, which at that point was maybe 10% of the players, which you could tell because on all of the servers it took hours to find full parties for Deadman's. I never got to make it past the first section of deadman's because someone always had to leave by then.

Which in order to maintain and continue to update the game (which never happened due to the whole spending more then they received) they would need money. It's understandable that the bloodstone amulets would cost money and something I expected when I heard that DMS was coming out.

By the time DMS came out, zOMG was on it's last leg in both getting played and money coming as a whole.

Who said it needed to be that expensive, though? More people would have been able to try if it wasn't 300 something GC for an amulet. Plenty of people do the online deals if they can't get a card or don't want to use paypal. And those who could buy them sold them for close to 1mil in the market. That was back before the inflation hit bad.

I think it was what, 5 bucks for it? That's not that bad and about the same price as the average DLC that most gaming companies do nowadays.

The high price was because of how limited they were and because it was a high demand item at the time. Hell I still have my amulet and I don't even play zOMG! anymore.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor

confused

I think it was what, 5 bucks for it? That's not that bad and about the same price as the average DLC that most gaming companies do nowadays.

The high price was because of how limited they were and because it was a high demand item at the time. Hell I still have my amulet and I don't even play zOMG! anymore.

And you don't need the amulet to play anymore, but good luck finding anyone who wants to play.

Prophet

Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor

And you don't need the amulet to play anymore, but good luck finding anyone who wants to play.

Haven't needed the amulet for quite awhile.
xd

Some still play, but it's a fraction of what it use to be which wasn't that much to begin with.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Alaois
xd

Some still play, but it's a fraction of what it use to be which wasn't that much to begin with.

I'm just happy because it's easier to get the badges in some areas.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Nova0437
Scobre
ChemicalBeauty
Don't forget Heralds of Chaos. I would spend money on that game if they had continued it.

I know all the developers of that game got fired, but yeah there is no reason why the items connected to that game can't be rereleased. I know there was a rig that had a lot of Hoc themed clothing in it, plus Gaia could make more if they wanted.

I though they already were.

Huh another recolor of that item. I wish there was a way for all of the Hoc items to be sold on a more permanent basis.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
shulie
Just because they "need" money doesn't make it right to continuesly push ads because they're desperate. I don't think any more features should be cash related. Its bad enough that 99% of the items being released are cash only.

If they want to make money they should take a good look at their userbase and adjust their marketing strategy according. And update all other outdated features. Users are leaving and not spending cash because they're neglected and gaia only focuses on a quik buck.

There are a lot of features that are already cash related. I'm not limiting it to just cash. I just figure that items that have been sold for cash in the past should be put back into the shops again. I'm not suggesting a flash sale type of thing. Like zOMG! has a bunch of items they could rerelease permanently in Back Alley Bargains that have been in the shop in the past such as Sweetheart ring. Rereleasing the Dolphin in aquariums. Putting the formulas to make golden gift boxes and other boxes back in alchemy which would work as a good gold sink. It's more asking Gaia to bring back some much loved items that have been taken away from the shops, plus add possible new ones for both cash and gold. Anyway this thread isn't about Gaia pushing ads. It's about bringing back much demanded items that aren't connected to gold generators or our avatars. The point is, the user base doesn't always like buying items for their avatars. Many people still use flash spaces or guilds or forums, so what is wrong with putting in a wider variety of gold and cash items and game enhancements for them to enjoy? But yes my suggestion is to help update the outdated features. Use the existing features we have and their shops by providing new items for cash and gold so that they can be updated. I know not everyone likes to spend cash on Gaiaonline anymore, but shouldn't Gaians be allowed to have that choice of buying other things besides having new items for their avatars? Why can't Aquariums, Fishing, Towns 2, zOMG!, Rallies, mini-games, Hoc, Guilds, forums, art, writing, etc. get the chance of getting something new as well?

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor

xd

Ok off-topic and I gave a lot of bloodstones away for free myself. I still play myself. But regarding zOMG!, gold potion got removed, so it's possible to add items back into Back Alley Bargains like Sweetheart Rings and the fluff bundles. I would also love some new OMG and fluff themed items to wear on my avatar as well. What things would you two like to see in Back Alley Bargains again?

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
2sarahgate
this, so much. they want to make money, BUT WHY DON'T THEY WANT TO MAKE BETTER MONEY?!?!? instead of chasing people away, they could be bringing in future customers for big future profit. domokun stargate
Yes! This right here! Work smarter, Gaia.

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
2sarahgate
this, so much. they want to make money, BUT WHY DON'T THEY WANT TO MAKE BETTER MONEY?!?!? instead of chasing people away, they could be bringing in future customers for big future profit. domokun stargate

yeah! back when new people could booty grab for a few weeks and get some decent items! domokun stargate

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
2sarahgate

Yeah what I'm trying to portray in my OP. It's like yes I know Gaia needs money, but why not sell stuff that doesn't upset people as much? There are far more creative ways to make money and the site more long-term. I mean Gaia did stay they wouldn't make a new feature without having it pay for itself, so why aren't they trying to support their existing features as well? By having all their shops updated with cash and gold items and enhancements, every single feature on the site could end up being very profitable. It's getting old seeing that the only way Gaia is able to get money now is from selling gold generators and even those, less and less of them are being sold compared to when they were first released. It is amusing to see all of those getting renamed and tweaked a little just to get people to buy them again. I wish Gaia could take a hint that people are offended, bored, and annoyed from Gaia selling them and would like some more variety in the site. At this point people would prefer item generators over gold generators. But anyway back on topic. I want the features to be updated and as long as Gaia is in the mindset of making money and getting out of debt, why not ensure that every feature is secured financially instead of just focusing on the cash shop? There are so many areas of Gaia that have little communities in them, so people are more willing to support their little section of Gaia rather than just on dressing their avatars. I mean even forums has the promote a post cash perk now.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Scobre
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
2sarahgate

Yeah what I'm trying to portray in my OP. It's like yes I know Gaia needs money, but why not sell stuff that doesn't upset people as much? There are far more creative ways to make money and the site more long-term. I mean Gaia did stay they wouldn't make a new feature without having it pay for itself, so why aren't they trying to support their existing features as well? By having all their shops updated with cash and gold items and enhancements, every single feature on the site could end up being very profitable. It's getting old seeing that the only way Gaia is able to get money now is from selling gold generators and even those, less and less of them are being sold compared to when they were first released. It is amusing to see all of those getting renamed and tweaked a little just to get people to buy them again. I wish Gaia could take a hint that people are offended, bored, and annoyed from Gaia selling them and would like some more variety in the site. At this point people would prefer item generators over gold generators. But anyway back on topic. I want the features to be updated and as long as Gaia is in the mindset of making money and getting out of debt, why not ensure that every feature is secured financially instead of just focusing on the cash shop? There are so many areas of Gaia that have little communities in them, so people are more willing to support their little section of Gaia rather than just on dressing their avatars. I mean even forums has the promote a post cash perk now.
I suggested somewhere in another thread about adding the promote my post feature to guilds so they can finally be updated.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
ANYTHING BUT GOLD GENERATORS!

You know something, Gaia Staff? These users in Site Feedback and Gaia Community Discussion are the users that care the most about this place.

Those staying silent on gold generators and even buying them don't matter in the long run.

Why chase old users away and limit your future customers by wrecking this site with terrible marketing tactics.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Scobre
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
2sarahgate

I suggested somewhere in another thread about adding the promote my post feature to guilds so they can finally be updated.

That would be really cool if Gaia added that. It would be nice to tip people in guilds too.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Scobre
That would be really cool if Gaia added that. It would be nice to tip people in guilds too.
Yes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces