Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I'm honestly curious and would like a valid reason why marketing is limiting themselves to just items we can put on our avatars and gold generators? There are so many other ways to make money without upsetting the user base. For example premium fishing rods and bait for fishing. New housing items in Towns 2. The possible pet feature to use in towns as well. Rereleasing existing rings in zOMG! like Integrity, Sugarrush, Fortune's Favor, and Sweetheart as well as the Fluff bundles in Back Alley Bargains. Flash space themed clothing would be cool for their supporting shop as well. New premium cars in rallies would be cool to have too and possible power-ups to buy to increase the speed of your car. New fish in aquariums. New items and just not recolors of Hoc like hire [ JK ] or some other former Hoc artist on temp to make some items for Rococo shop. Guilds could have interactive items in their rented flash space areas for people to interact with and have the option of picking different layouts and colors for the overall look of their guild.

Come on Gaiaonline if you are going to go the cash route, at least get more creative with it to keep us out of the boredom of buying the same type of pixels. My feedback, I'm bored with the current items being sold. I'm suggesting new permanent cash and gold shop items that we can use in different flash spaces and areas. Even an IM feature could be implemented and financially supported by buying different fonts and bar look for it.

Hygienic Lunatic

Don't forget Heralds of Chaos. I would spend money on that game if they had continued it.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
ChemicalBeauty
Don't forget Heralds of Chaos. I would spend money on that game if they had continued it.

I know all the developers of that game got fired, but yeah there is no reason why the items connected to that game can't be rereleased. I know there was a rig that had a lot of Hoc themed clothing in it, plus Gaia could make more if they wanted.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Scobre
ChemicalBeauty

I know all the developers of that game got fired, but yeah there is no reason why the items connected to that game can't be rereleased. I know there was a rig that had a lot of Hoc themed clothing in it, plus Gaia could make more if they wanted.

I though they already were.

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
this, so much. they want to make money, BUT WHY DON'T THEY WANT TO MAKE BETTER MONEY?!?!? instead of chasing people away, they could be bringing in future customers for big future profit. domokun stargate

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
I don't think their marketing team has any idea what they are doing besides ******** up the economy to make users feel forced to buy cash.

There are so many venues (many of the ones you mentioned) that they could be exploring in order to make revenue.

Sparkly Dabbler

11,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
I really like this thread! I agree I used to play zOMG all the time and it would be nice to see more stuff with that and other elements of gaia going on... even the Aquarium items have stopped.... but why? Give me more mermaids! Give me some more water sprouts! Create some new stuff like water sirens? Hello... how about different shaped tanks instead of just square? I remember when playing booty grab & zOMG made you gold..... let's go back to that....

Does gaia even sell tangible items anymore... they used to have hoodies and slippers to purchase.... they could do new stuff with that everyone has an iphone or smart phone these days make phone covers ... maybe customize-able ones with your avi? How about bookmarks... there's something simple for ya! How about selling your manga stories in book form... like your very own comics that we can buy? That sounds like fun actually.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I want zOMG to come back. Everyone was excited when Deadman's opened up... until you NEEDED cash to get in.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Rowansmoon
I really like this thread! I agree I used to play zOMG all the time and it would be nice to see more stuff with that and other elements of gaia going on... even the Aquarium items have stopped.... but why? Give me more mermaids! Give me some more water sprouts! Create some new stuff like water sirens? Hello... how about different shaped tanks instead of just square? I remember when playing booty grab & zOMG made you gold..... let's go back to that....

Does gaia even sell tangible items anymore... they used to have hoodies and slippers to purchase.... they could do new stuff with that everyone has an iphone or smart phone these days make phone covers ... maybe customize-able ones with your avi? How about bookmarks... there's something simple for ya! How about selling your manga stories in book form... like your very own comics that we can buy? That sounds like fun actually.

Yeah exactly. There is more to do on Gaia than just dress up our avis, so why is Gaia limiting itself just to gold and avi items? Shoot that's two I forgot now, Hoc and aquariums. I love zOMG! and reason why I joined the site.

Ruthless Lunatic

Just because they "need" money doesn't make it right to continuesly push ads because they're desperate. I don't think any more features should be cash related. Its bad enough that 99% of the items being released are cash only.

If they want to make money they should take a good look at their userbase and adjust their marketing strategy according. And update all other outdated features. Users are leaving and not spending cash because they're neglected and gaia only focuses on a quik buck.

Prophet

Alexander J Luthor
I want zOMG to come back. Everyone was excited when Deadman's opened up... until you NEEDED cash to get in.

Why was that a bad thing at the time?
confused

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

ChemicalBeauty
ugh, this

I was legit having fun on that game ;w;

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor

confused
They spent all this money adding an update to a game that users were begging for, then they make it cash only, which at that point was maybe 10% of the players, which you could tell because on all of the servers it took hours to find full parties for Deadman's. I never got to make it past the first section of deadman's because someone always had to leave by then.

Prophet

Alexander J Luthor
Alaois
Alexander J Luthor

confused
They spent all this money adding an update to a game that users were begging for, then they make it cash only, which at that point was maybe 10% of the players, which you could tell because on all of the servers it took hours to find full parties for Deadman's. I never got to make it past the first section of deadman's because someone always had to leave by then.

Which in order to maintain and continue to update the game (which never happened due to the whole spending more then they received) they would need money. It's understandable that the bloodstone amulets would cost money and something I expected when I heard that DMS was coming out.

By the time DMS came out, zOMG was on it's last leg in both getting played and money coming as a whole.

Dapper Noob

People keep using the excusr that the code on all of the original games and such is old, but I've seen places that make way less money than Gaia with the same issue, and THEY somehow managed to hire new devs capable of overhauling the coding on their old, outdated games.

I just think Gaia doesn't care, so we won't be seeing any new games or seeing the old ones be updated. It's easier just to slap a gold gen or 5 second recolor in the CS and call it a day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff