Welcome to Gaia! ::

iReaIist's Comrade

Gaian

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Gaian 50
Hello everyone
Ever noticed that a majority of some items [not all since some are more inflated than others]
Have "similar" prices as they did before this hyper inflation?
If you look at certain items like OMG hat LMP [lowest market price] being 3b where not too long ago, the LMP was 300m.
Or even an item like Devil tail where its worth over 10b but was only about 1b or so no too long ago.
Of course the title of this thread doesnt pertain to ALL items, but if you see where I am getting at, its pretty scary.

Do you think the everyday gold amount for a typical gaian will be 1b +?
Do you imagine the exchange having "common" offers in the 10 + billions range rather than a several billion?
What do you predict will happen with all this gold?
[i was on my phone typing this, sorry for typos]

Edit: do you think with items on the rise, they dont really need to raise MP tax? given that the tax in itself hurts more as the value of items are greater

please use the <3 or </3 button as a way of opinion if you agree or disagree, not if you like or dislike the thread
Yeah it seems like it.
Not every gaian would have 1b though, especially those
who don't really use GC nor exchange / vend
Well maybe if they sell their inflated items emotion_sweatdrop

iReaIist's Comrade

Gaian

12,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Gaian 50
Pankontra
Yeah it seems like it.
Not every gaian would have 1b though, especially those
who don't really use GC nor exchange / vend
Well maybe if they sell their inflated items emotion_sweatdrop

Im very curious to see what a new would do to adapt to this new gaia or how they will keep up without the use of GC

Aged Lunatic

16,825 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250
It's crazy to think that we could get to the point that 1 billion is chump change.

Sweet Star

Seabook Arno
It's crazy to think that we could get to the point that 1 billion is chump change.

-shivers at the thought-

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I've been feeling the thought that 1B is the new 1M for a while. About since the time Make it Rain hit the shelves.

fxxkin demon

"Make it Rain" made it incredibly easy to become a billionaire on Gaia. Even worse than "Dice Roll" and it's various incarnations.

I'm not sure if everyone will hit this milestone but I would say anyone who has been a member for sometime and has a few nice items will get there. I have. It's so weird to see those numbers at the top of the screen.

The exchange has always had it's own little culture. So for someone to offer billions on a particular item doesn't surprise me. Hell, last night I was talking to a guy who told me he spent 300b on a Panda hat hoard. For the rest of us items like that are going to be tough to get unless you really put time and effort in to questing.

As for the gold it's self well, unless they slow down the Gold Gens or maybe make it harder to win gold it's not gonna stop. Loyal's shop and Flynn's auctions are just a small bandaid on a haemorrhaging wound.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

Yeah your conversion is practically spot on. Before inflation $10 on a monthly rig got you 800k to 1 mil and last night I saw the fairy tale 64 packs (about $10) going for 1.3 bil in the exchange.

Original Pumpkin

Do you think the everyday gold amount for a typical gaian will be 1b +?
I don't think it will I know it is!

★ gaia_crown gaia_diamond gaia_crown ★

Alien Traveler

25,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
I feel like one of those countries with a really weak dollar where you have to spend like 800 currency on a loaf of bread.

Smoker

9,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
IPaul v2

Im very curious to see what a new would do to adapt to this new gaia or how they will keep up without the use of GC
They probably wont log on for more than a week.
Which is honestly sad as ********.
After being on Gaia for 10 years, I have so many memories on this website.
From questing, to rping, to finishing my first dream avatar, to meeting awesome people, then "humping" them to death when towns was first released.
Ahhh, the golden days...

Cute's Compadre

Philanthropic Tycoon

I feel like the bigger issue with this is that items aren't selling as easily now that we're in this transition between what gold was and now is worth.

Unless you're willing to take pre-inflation amounts of gold it takes a lot longer to sell anything.
Come back in a month and the new 1b will be 100b.

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I am never going to have that much gold, but this is very likely.

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Rapt0r King
IPaul v2

They probably wont log on for more than a week.
Which is honestly sad as ********.
After being on Gaia for 10 years, I have so many memories on this website.
From questing, to rping, to finishing my first dream avatar, to meeting awesome people, then "humping" them to death when towns was first released.
Ahhh, the golden days...

Ah the old glory humps. What a time to be online.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff