Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strawberry

User Image

A dark force is rising in the world, building power and crumbling cities in it's wake.

For as long as it can remember, the sleepy forest village of WGville has long lived in peace until
one day a message from the outside world is brought by a fleeing stranger. Will you take it
upon yourself to aid the world or live in peaceful ignorance?

Hello and welcome to WG TALES
This is exactly what it sounds like. A playable WG themed RPG adventure!

Any and all WGers are welcome to be part in the game!

See the next post for information about this.

As for a bit of background, a few months ago I came across this fabulous game
maker called RPG Maker VX Ace. I knew immediately that I had to make a game
for the GvG and enlist my trusted partner in crime, Goldfinch. Unfortunately, the
project became abandoned and it's just too good to let die like that! So, I've dusted
it off and am opening it up to the whole WG!

When the game is complete, I'll put up the final download here. I will have
download instructions and file details.
Do not worry, you do not need to program to play the game.

UPDATES

02.12.15 | | This is a long OVERDUE update, and as most know, project authority has fallen to Nymeia (Yuel). She is the one you will want to contact in terms of stat up-dates and project feedback. WG Tales has an archive here with character information.

04.21.14 | | I want to make it known regarding all input, and recruitment quests in particular, that we take all ideas and suggestions into consideration. We will do our best to honor your suggestions whilst working within our plot lines. We may need to make altercations. We may also notify you if we wish to discuss your idea. Please respect and allow us some artistic freedom to create this story.

04.19.14 | | Thread over-haul. I want you to check that your information is up to date! Take a look at the new Stat Template.You may also send us Easter eggs, suggestions, side-quests! Also check out a game preview below made by Yuel!

Strawberry

RULES || INFORMATION

User Image User Image

THREAD RULES

✪ Please behave and be respectful of one another in the thread. This game is large and can only be made better with the creative input of the users here. Discussion of ideas is always welcome, but it should be understood that even when you do not agree with someone, it is not appropriate to be to be rude/aggressive/or misbehave. If you must agree to disagree, so be it.
        ✪ Nymeia, Capitano, and I have creative authority and game file access. You may come to us for game questions or concerns. Also please respect our creative authority in the execution of your ideas. We may/may not use/change them. We will honor your suggestions as best we can whilst working within the story line.
        ✪ If you have other/more serious concerns, feel free to pm Nym or I.

HOW TO BE IN THE GAME

The game is now closed to taking in new characters.

Would you like to be a character in the game? You do not need to make your sprite! Just ask and you will be added!
        This is what I will need from you!

Your In-Game Name. (What you would like your display name to be for your character)
              A reference of your avatar, enlarged to 200%. Please make sure your image is crisp and clear.
                ✧ If you would like to send me your display image, it must be a 96 x 96 png. See below for more information.
              Optional: Take a look below in the stats portion and you can send what you would like your character's class and stats to be. If you do not send us this information, we will create this for you.

INFORMATION TO SEND US

Quote&Post/Send pms to Ms Daffodil or Nymeia and we will put your information down on the master list.

Do note that if may not be possible to fill every request and we do have creative authority, but that said we will do our best to incorporate your ideas.

Easter Eggs! If you have ideas on easter eggs to include in the game, about yourself or other characters, pm those
        Side-Quests!
        Character suggestions! Do you have anything in mind for your character? Where they might be found/live, their role, whatever you may have an idea for.
        Stat Sheet! There is a template for you to properly fill out your character stats here! Down below in the resources section, you can find some information help you understand how to fill it out. If you have questions, post here and we'll help you complete it.

Strawberry

CHARACTERS

A complete list of characters can be found the WG Tales Characters Archive.

Strawberry

SPRITES || FACE GRAPHIC

User Image

If you want to make sprites, please be my guest!

See the link above for a list of character sprite status'. Post here if you have questions or a completed image and it will be updated!

- - - - -

SPRITE TEMPLATE
This is the template for fitting sprites plus a blank male and female base.
Now, the game maker has a decent sprite generator, but if you don't have the
program, here's a good alternative online generator!

Editors:

[ Female ] [ Male ]

User Image

User Image

Note// Files must be PNG and if your image is not transparent, please make the bg one solid
color. I do not recommend white as there is usually white on your pixel character. When importing the
sprite file into the game, you can set a color to become transparent - which makes these
easy to edit in MS Paint! This is what I would like to see as a final copy: Example.

FACE TEMPLATE
Below is a template for the face images. Just a 96 x 96 square image.
If you are adamant on making your own, go ahead and send me the image!

User Image

Strawberry

RESOURCES

User Image

RPG Maker VX Ace Lite is a free download. If you would like
to "get" the full version, I'm happy to point you in a direction.
ninja

Database default information:
(Pretty much anything can be added/changed)
CLASSES:
Soldier
Monk
Paladin
Spellblade
Samurai
Archer
Thief
Priestess
Witch
Sage

ATTRIBUTES :
MHP - Max hit point. Amount of damage a character can withstand
MMP - Max magic point. Character's max power for using magic skills.
ATK
DEF
MAT - Magic attack power
MDF - Magic defense power
AGI - Attack order; your speed
LUK - Luck. Affects chance of status ailment from occurring, crits, etc.

To make it easier to determine highs and lows, we've been using
a 0-6 system for scale:

Very High +6
High+5
Mid-High+4
Mid+3
Mid-Low+2
Low+1
Very Low+0

WEAPON TYPES
Axe
Claw
Spear
Sword
Katana
Bow
Dagger
Hammer
Staff
Gun

ARMOR TYPES
General
Magic
Light
Heavy
Small Shield
Large Shield

Armor and weapons are both adjusted with the attributes above,
as well as through the "Feature" modifier on the side.

SKILLS:
P'much Magic and special attacks.
More info TBE; visual

The "Effects" modifier is similar to the "Feature" above.

ELEMENTS: (characteristics used in skills and items)
Physical
Absorb
Fire
Ice
Thunder
Water
Earth
Wind
Holy
Dark

STATES
Like poisoning, paralysis, death, etc.

MISC. DATABASE INFO
Below are a few videos to help explain the database so you can get a better picture of it. The more you know.

Strawberry

Strawberry

Strawberry

Strawberry

Strawberry

Strawberry

Strawberry

Strawberry

Strawberry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items