Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Nicole

It was embarrassing. She had never not known what to do. Even if that wasn't exactly true, she had always known where to look for the answers or who to ask. Here, amid the chaos, she felt lost. Malcolm chose this time to come to her. He didn't exactly offer her words of comfort but it was written in his body language. He gave her a sense of purpose. He pulled her out of her tunnel vision.

The temptation to get in a car, lock the doors and drive was overwhelming. What could she do here with her community college level first aid training? However, even with Mal's extensive training, he seemed to feel this as much as the tutor. He said even he had trouble seeing this. She took a deep breath, resolve moving into her limbs from her mind. She could help. She could try to help. "Okay, Mal. Thanks...I'll...I'll try." She swallowed. Then moved into action, grabbing the proper materials from the back of Mal's car.

While she was in the cabin, she grabbed her cellphone from inside of her basket and put it into one of the pockets of her costume skirt. It was still turned off from when she had taken the battery out of it but it comforted her to know it was with her...even if all the help that was available via 9-1-1 was already on the scene.

Nic moved into action, approaching the priest and Iyzabel first. She questioned if either one had first aid training, not expecting much in that area but willing enough to be surprised. She informed them of what she had already accomplished and what was still needed, trying with all her might to at least appear like she knew what she was doing. She thrust the supplies at the two of them, although it might have seemed pushy.

"I'm sorry, I don't," The priest was first to answer. Nic felt a twinge of disappointment but ignored it for now. "But I am fine with helping to move the children to the cars...but..here is something I need to do first. Please let me pray over the children as well as this space"

"Oh okay...Thanks." What more was there to say to something like that? She had never really believed in a higher power...If there was one, how could it have let her mother die when she and her father had so desperately needed her? But still...at this point...with all the violence reflected in the scene, Nic had never felt so close to believing. She wanted to believe.

But, she couldn't handle the religious confusion right now...There was too much to do. There were much bigger things happening right now than Nicole's faith or lack thereof. She turned her attention to Izy. As if on cue, the high school student answered her question next. Her aid was more practical. "If you can, that'd be great. I know...there's probably not a lot that nonprofessionals can do in a situation like this...but hopefully, hopefully there's something minor we can do." She couldn't believe herself. Hoping there was some minor injury. It seemed off to say something like that. Strange. But what else could one hope for in a massacre scene like this?

Next, her attention focused on the scene unfolding around her. EMTs were everywhere but there were still too few...there were officers marshaling people--and overseeing them. Nicole could see a few of them holding a hand to the holster on their waists. Again, Nic had to swallow her panic. She was here. There was no point in wishing she wasn't. After surveying the scene, Nicole finally found someone she could possibly help. The injury wasn't really one that Nicole could help with. It was advanced...But she had to try. She bound the wound, attempting to make it stop bleeding. The little girl was crying but there was nothing the tutor could do. "I know it hurts...but it...it will be okay." Please let it be okay...don't let me be a liar... She prayed. It was the first time in a long time but something about the priest had inspired her.

Nicole told the child her plan but when she looked back at the girl, the child's eyes were closed. Nicole could see her chest moving, so she did not fly completely off the handle but her anxiety was steadily rising. Her hands were shaking. She had no idea what she was doing...She wasn't like Malcolm or Charlie or...Daddy.

Quick as can be, Nicole took her phone out of her pocket and held it in her shaking palms, she turned it out. The screen felt like it took forever to turn on. Finally, finally, it was ready. It seemed back to normal. She went to her contact list and was about to flip over to favorites but was interrupted. An incoming text message from Rain came first, then a missed call alert and a voicemail from Liam. Her heart beat wildly against her chest. There was no need to worry assuming everything was okay in the town but with the string of horrific deaths...one could never be too sure. Were the boys okay?

Nicole checked Rain's message first. Apparently this chaos wasn't contained to the woods. She noticed the text did not say anything about him packing his bags. She typed out a quick replying, paying no mind to mistakes or chatspeak that may have appeared in the text.

To: Rain
From Nicole
I know. Its crazy here too
I'm at the woods.
There's a massacre here.
They're saying wolves.
I would if I could go home but doesn't look possible.
Go back to the hotel if you can.
I'll try to meet you there with Dad when I can.
We should leave.

It was the first time she had ever contemplated actually leaving the small town. WIth the deaths...It didn't make her comfortable anymore. Nicole shivered. She had wanted to tell her fiance that she was afraid but she couldn't admit that. Not right now. She looked at the voicemail alert on her phone from Liam and hovered her finger over it, considering swiping it to hear it...But a then her phone began to vibrate. She swiped the "talk" button.

"Where are you, Nicole?" His voice came immediately
"Daddy." She whispered, her voice breaking slightly. He sounded stressed.
"Nikki, something's not right in town. I want us to leave. I'll come back with a team to help Sheriff Rose but right now I need to get you out of here. Tonight. I looked for you at the festival but you weren't there."
"I know, Daddy. I went with Mal. He got a call. We're in the woods."
"What's going on in the woods? Did something happen?"
"The girl scouts..." She looked down at the little girl laying by her. She still needed attention. What was Nicole doing on the phone? This wasn't helping...But for the life of her, she didn't want to hang up Her father was silent for a moment.
"Is there any way to get home? They have professionals for that kind of thing."
"I don't think so. There aren't as many professionals here as we need...There were wolves..."
"Where in the woods are you? I don't want you out there even if it is with Sheriff Rose."
"Daddy, I'm really okay. I'll come back when I can..." But the phone cut her off. The call was dropped. She heard the start of her father's voice but then it was cut off.

Nicole frowned, biting her lip. She tried to redial but it went to voicemail. She was about to try again when a voice interrupted her, bringing her back to the scene. "Hey, what can I do?" Nicole looked up and found her student, Tyreese looking down at her. She put her phone back into her pocket. She had to stay calm. The phone was dropped because of a glitch due to the weather. That had to be it. Nothing to fret about.She took a deep breath. "Help me...bring this girl to one of the cars? I tried to bind her wounds but...It won't do. She needs medical attention."

With Ty's help, they maneuvered the girl to one of the waiting cars, wrapping a blanket around her body. The student teacher looked around herself, trying to find something to do...The voicemail from Liam kept popping into her mind. Some priorities Except...it wasn't often that the blond boy left her a message.

"Hold on." Nic said to Ty, retrieving her phone once again. She unlocked it and hit the "play" button on the voicemail screen. Liam's voice played into her ears. He sounded...manic. There was something...Nicole attempted to call him back but like her father's phone, it went straight to voicemail. "Hey it's Nic. Call me back." She said. Was it something Mal needed to hear? Could it help?

"We need to find Mal." She finally said to Ty. Keeping him by her felt safer. Like she had someone else to rely on. It kept her more composed. She took a step away from the car, but froze when she heard the laughter. Someone was...having fun? A moment later she heard Mal's encouraging voice. He commanded everyone to get back to work. For a moment Nicole stood in indecision. Was the message that important to share with Mal or were the girls more of a priority. He had said he thought the camera crew were at fault...Could it have something to do with them? Did a crazed fan follow them here? Was this just special effects? She shook her head.

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Caleb

The basement was full of tension to say the least. It would not do for Caleb's reputation here. Still, when Nani spoke up for Caleb, it caused him to smile ever so slightly. Nani called the brunette out for passing judgment. That was new. His ex had been anything but judgmental when they had been going out. The brunette's sarcasm dripped out again and she teased Nani and Caleb. The preacher's son couldn't help but respond with a bible verse. It was begging to be said. Naturally, the brunette responded.

Caleb shrugged, his face tightening around his mouth in anger. "I suppose it would." he conceded, but he wasn't done. Caleb would never back down from a debate--much less a biblical one--when he knew he was right. "On the other hand, the point of the verse wasn't about marriage. It concerned the original roles of men and women..." Unable to help himself, however, Caleb responded to her quotations, "But if you insist on bringing up those scriptures, you may want to make sure you quote the entire thing, otherwise, you run the risk of misinterpreting. Colossians 3:18 "Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord". Ephesians 5:22 "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord" and verse 23 "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior." For every verse about wives, there's a corresponding one regarding husbands." His eyes were liquid blue fire, passionate and intense, a knowing smile drifted to his lips, "But like you said, we're not married...so I don't presume to think that they apply to us at this point in time." Or ever. He added silently, spitefully. "Instead, I believe we should look at the nature of men and women. Which is what I intended with the verse in Genesis."

Nani was ever the peacekeeper it would seem. She complimented the brunette after insulting her. Caleb felt a slight sense of disappointment trickle into him. If only she hadn't tried to mitigate the situation. Caleb shifted slightly, returning to his work. He was uncomfortable. This was not a discussion he felt he should be a part of. Soon enough, his temptation left them without another word. Caleb's shoulders did not release their tension, however. It was doubtful she had left the entire building.

The preacher's son and the others quickly went about the rest of the preparations--it was not difficult. Between the three of them the food was presentable and ready to be brought upstairs to the waiting youth group. Caleb plastered a politician's expression to his face and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. He had to be a role model to these people. He had to show them what faith actually looked like. He grabbed a few of the dishes and stuck one bag of candy in the crook of his arm before following Nani and River up the stairs.

The main room was full of active, God-fearing young adults talking and laughing. The youth pastor stood near a group, his expression kind. His eyes took the room in swiftly, seeking his temptress. Was it to see her again to admire her or to know where his temptation stood so he could avoid her? Caleb frowned. He couldn't consider that. He wouldn't. He set down the snacks at the table and watched as Nani and River wandered off together to join a group of equally awkward young adults. Caleb had to do the same. He rolled his shoulders back and was about to walk toward the pastor when he felt a warm hand on his shoulder.

It felt like electricity--not unpleasant per se but jolting, surprising. The smell was a secondary feature this time around. He turned quickly and found a familiar pair of blue eyes. It was her. Again. Could he escape her? Could he avoid her tonight? And a smaller part of him wondered if he even wanted to avoid her. That part of him made Caleb's body tense. That was precisely the reason why he had to avoid her. He couldn't let it happen again. Still, the way Noelle said his name this time...It brought back the sweeter memories untainted by events that had been soon to come. It almost brought a bittersweet smile to his face.

Caleb's eyebrows rose in question to his name, pulling back slightly so her hand slid off his shoulder. He saw a frown come to her features. Noelle appeared more vulnerable, softer almost. She cleared her throat and spoke again. He didn't know what to make of what she said. It was thoughtful to be sure. She knew it made him uncomfortable to have her so near to him...but then, it also made him feel uncomfortable when she did things like this. Some of his conviction dribbled away. "You always did know the right words to say."He stated, softly. Accusation had left his tone. He met her pleading eyes and was the first to look away. He had to get away from her.

He opened his mouth to tell her he'd like her to go but before he could, she continued. She really seemed to still care...But that was obvious even right after they had broken up. He had been the one to end things. The same was true now as it had been then. It just wasn't enough. It wasn't enough for her to feel so strongly about this. What they'd done was wrong. They had to face the consequences. No matter how much Caleb wanted to...well, he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do at the moment. An edge of anger bubbled inside. Anger at himself. He shouldn't still have these desires. Obviously something was still buried in him that he needed to expel. Obviously the temptation in him was still there. Was he really so weak?

Still, Noelle continued seemingly oblivious to Caleb's inner turmoil. And, Caleb wondered, Why shouldn't she be? He wore his impassive expression. Still, he couldn't help the brief flashes of emotion that appeared on his face. It was at times like this Caleb wished he had more self control.

"It has to be this way because we made a mistake." Caleb was finally able to say, folding his arms over his chest, "This isn't the time or the place to rehash everything. In any case, what good would that do? There's no going back. What was done, was done. Now we have to face the consequences, 'cut the hand off that makes us sin' so to speak." Caleb couldn't answer her softer question--wouldn't answer it. So, he ignored it. He forced himself to take his eyes off the brunette in front of him. The room was abuzz with young adults talking in excited tones. The youth pastor was making his way to the front of the room. It looked like the activities were about to begin. Caleb focused his eyes on his ex once more, meeting her forehead instead of her eyes. "Stay if you'd like. But, Noelle, don't come near me again."

When it came down to it, the preacher's son couldn't tell her to leave the event. He couldn't rid himself of the temptation that stood in front of him, beckoning him. He was weak--probably foolish. Caleb turned from her and walked away without another word, feeling his failure seep into every crevice of his being.

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Daphne

Daphne shrugged even as she was hugging Black, then nodded, "My mistake. In my early years I avoided contact with other vampires because of that. While the vampire's gaze is not as strong to another vampire as it would be to another creature, it can still be frightening. Especially to a new vampire." She shuddered, "Poor Sephiroth had to contend with the look of a very old one with another power included." The blonde met Black's eyes easily and smiled. The little fox demon had nothing to fear. The gaze was one of Daphne's least favorite aspects of her range of abilities. "I wonder if you are right...In that case, it would sometimes be an inconvenience wouldn't it?" She would hate to inspire fear in everyone she met. Still...Nefretiri had to have some control over the power. Daphne tried to remember Nefretiri's expression when Daphne first felt the fear pressure but she could not differentiate it from the general sense of discomfort she had had during the meeting.

Daphne confirmed Sephiroth's injuries, "I wonder if he used some of his powers...The burns on her arms were pretty serious." She shook her head to Black's question regarding the couch,"He only had a little bit of a rest...Otherwise, I don't know. He's strong. And stubborn."

His mind! Why didn't I think to check that? Daphne's lips pursed slightly. She was still new to her abilities so that could explain her lack of forethought to check his mental status. "He met her first before any of us were awake. Veni found him unconscious. He brought Sephiroth to me shortly after and I healed his immediate injuries. I told him to rest but he refused. He seemed mentally well enough once he woke but that was not a pressing concern at the time. His physical injuries were more worrisome for me." She glanced toward the angel, "I should probably check it though. If i's even possible." She looked a little sheepish as she added, "I have never thought to check someone's mental status. I do not know if I can heal mental problems..." She approached the unconscious male silently. She usually asked permission for this sort of thing but she didn't want to wake him. He desperately needed the rest. Daphne hovered a hand over his eyes and closed her own.

At first, all the vampire saw was his general skeletal system and all seemed well...when that faded she saw arteries and capillaries...forcing herself into another level of consciousness was different. It was difficult. Her forehead crinkled in concentration. Finally, it was accomplished. Her mind lightened, her outside awareness faded. On the outside, her body became still and rigid. All pretenses of breathing ceased. Daphne was transported into a memory--or was it a dream?

It was a dream.

Daphne felt like she was deposited right in the midst of it. "Lock the doors," She felt herself yell. The voice was Sephiroth's. Right. That must made sense. She was viewing this through his perspective because she was in his mind. Nobody reacted to his yell. She felt her/Sephiroth's body move to the door to lock it. His fear was real and intense. Daphne had to fight herself to separate herself from what Sephiroth was feeling. Her mind disconnected with his ever so slightly. She felt herself subtly shift from outside of him. Her consciousness hovered somewhere above his. The emotions were dulled. Finally, the blonde vampire could begin her work. It was just in time as she saw glowing green eyes staring at Sephiroth. Daphne sent some sort of her healing abilities, making the dream softer. It was a slow process. She missed some of what was happening due to her concentration.

Then there was darkness.

BlackMN stood in front of them next. They were cooking in the kitchen. Time passed swiftly as the cooking project came out of the oven at the direction of a three year old--Mindy. She was a sweet looking child. Then her face turned and her legs became visible. She left the room. Still, Daphne tried to instill a sense of calm and healing into his unconscious mind. She tried to heal the nightmares--the fear.

The next scene was a party. It was the Soul Fortress. Daisy sat next to him, appearing older...So this was what she would have looked like if she aged. The others were there as well. GL, Ma Jianshen, Eztli, Adira, Rosemary, Veni, Jacob, Banquo, Ophelia and P-Chan. Daphne would have to remember to write the ones not present a note or something. An e-mail perhaps. Did they use e-mail? The scene was pleasanter.

A male Daphne did not recognize was also part of the scene. Long hair graced his head and a scar lanced his cheek. He was smiling but all Daphne could feel from Sephiroth was guilt. In spite of this, his dreams had turned....They were more positive...

Daphne was pulled from Sephiroth's body but by the time she realized she was staring at his back with her hand on his shoulder as a tether, he turned around with a smile. He was calm. Daphne smiled back, and touched his hand. With that motion, she disappeared from the dream. Awareness flooded into her system and once more she was aware of her body and where she stood in from of Sephiroth. The vampire blinked, and she stepped away.

She felt heavy and exhausted...How many heals had she done today alone? Three? Three extensive heals? Daphne sighed. "I need..." She backed up a few more paces and her knees connected gently with a chair. She sank down on to it. "Yeah." She closed her eyes and tried to reorder her thoughts. She would definitely need some form of rest (although not sleep, obviously) before they met with the older vampire. She couldn't go like this. Finally she opened her eyes, She met Black's eyes with her own. "That was one of the strangest things I have experienced. " It answered her doubts about her abilities however. She could heal the mind. She wasn't sure if it extended to mental illness but...possibly? They were just illnesses after all. It would be something to explore.

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Cian

Cian post
"Indeed. I thank you. I have a feeling the time will come when we're forced to reveal the world to her in all of its gory evil but I would still like to protect her from it as much as I can for the time being. It was one of the original aspects that brought me to her even as a human...That bright light. There was a period after I made her that I feared it was gone. Imagine my surprise when I came here and found her as light as she ever was. Thank you for becoming a steward of that." It was probably not the time to bring up these points--No, definitely not.--but the words were already out of his mouth.

Veni post
Veni smiled appreciatively from the simple touch. He was also glad for what Cian said about Daphne. Veni loved the light she brought to darkness. She was one of the people Rosemary was motherly…no big sisterly towards. He could tell that she brought her some joy as well and that made him happy. “I don’t want that light to go away either… One thing that drew me to Rosemary was her independent nature and her out of the box way of thinking for the time period.”

Cian post
"I am well. I lived many years with my maker...The pressure of an elder vampire's presence is still surprised me, however. It was strong." he sighed. There was no escaping that, though. "Mostly, I am curious for what we are about to hear. Sophia never told me the full tale of this time period."

Veni post
Cian sounded like he’s asked his master about her past to Veni. They were different in that. In Veni’s early years his curiosity about Nefretiri’s life before he met her never trumped his desire to spend as little time in her direct presence as possible. Plus…he didn’t talk much back then. Then, later it never really occurred to him to ask.

Cian post
He nodded to the other question, "If we have time, I would like to understand." He stated.

Veni post
“While part of it is the release of hormones into the blood when one is afraid…Then there are all the little twitches that an afraid person does…which you can detect too, but there’s something else to it that I can sense that my body reacts to compared to other emotions. From my observations it seems more than a standard thrill of the hunt as I want to play with the scared creature for a long time like a cat I suppose, but I’ve seen others (in his family) do the same without feline familiars.” The corner of his mouth went up into a smirk as he spoke. “Part of it is like…well you know how a snake can taste the scent in the air? It’s like I can taste the type before I bite into them even without looking into their minds. For example the fear of the unknown tastes different to me than someone who is afraid of what they’re seeing, but their body physically reacts similarly. Once I get that taste from my target, I want to coax more of it out of them.”

Veni post
He tapped the bottom of his lip with the joint of his index finger in thought. “Sifu Ma said one of the many factors that can affect qi flow can be by ones emotions.” How formally Veni addressed his own son depended on what he was talking about. Since this was something that Ma Jianshen taught him during a fighting lesson, Veni addressed him as teacher. “Maybe what I taste is a change of energy flow within a person or their nerve signals, but I am tuned more towards the negative emotions…like I think there are some chemicals some humans can taste but others cannot. Or can you taste the difference between afraid of the dark, unknown, pain, or monster in the closet?”

[later]
Cian post
"It has not been used for some time..." Cian sighed, thinking of the popular cultures of the time as he spoke to Sephiroth, "It faded out of use and was replaced by different words by the time fiction and television became popular. Then, it depends on where you are in the world. It was slang for a very specific region." Cian itched to ask what books Black had recommended--he even began considering the ones he would recommend. Now was not the time however. "Let me know if you are ever searching for another book to read. I may have a few suggestions."

Seph post
"Of course I wouldn't mind something else to read," said Sephiroth. "But remember that I can only read in this language of this world's languages."

Cian post
"It's not something we generally discuss." He stated first, then added, "It's...about sharing blood. The maker drains the human of her blood. Or, rather, most of her blood. As the heart begins to beat its last few beats, as the human begins to die, the maker will have the human drink from him." He paused, "The human will generally want to drink at that point. The thirst is unimaginable."

"Why do you want to know?"

Seph post
His brow knitted in thought a little. Upon Cian's expected question he replied with, "curiosity in general...and a specific curiosity on how a large man can become a vampire from a small girl. It must take less blood from the vampire than I thought. I am surprised by the human actually wanting it which makes me wonder if it is pleasant for the vampire. I thought it was choked down a human somehow...."

Veni post
Which is what Sephiroth asked of course. Veni rested one of his hands on his cheek and glanced at Cian. "Is Daphne your only child Cian?"

"No." He answered shortly, "But she is the only one that mattered" That sounded harsh, even to his own ears , "There were others...made during war times or out of early rebellion. " In the beginning I wasn't as discerning.(POSSIBLY USE THIS)

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Eydís Post

Eastern Europe
106-275 AD
Late Summer/Early Autumn
Evening

Even from her distance, the runes allowed Eydís to see the female vampire's eyes. Were they always like a cat's? They were back on Eydís within another moment and they were back to "normal"--as normal as a creature of the night's eyes could be anyway. The air smelled of the great cats that prowled the campsite. Eydís could feel their eyes on her but it didn't make her feel uncomfortable.

Eydís glanced at the remainder of the individuals seated around the fire. At this distance it was much easier to understand their position. In this pack the female before her was their alpha—their queen. Strange that they acted like the wolves. They travelled together. Are they related? This would make it more understandable. Otherwise...why share territory?

The female vampire smiled.

“Little goddess, I am pleased you revealed yourself again and relieved I don’t have to try to communicate in the local tongue.”

Her voice had something ill to it. Something that put Eydís on edge. It caused a sense of tension to enter her limbs, a bit of unease. The female also had given her a title that was close to the meaning of her name. "I trust that would have made things more difficult for each of us." She answered, benevolently. She wondered off-hand why they had not tracked her when her scent was all over the village. She kept her additional thoughts to herself though. Mother paced behind her, judging, her ears twitching and her eyes taking in the other animals—her attention was especially caught by the young black jaguar.

Eydís’ question was rude but necessary. She had wanted to get to the issue at hand, rather than around it. Ah! She thought, "That is where Egypt is. Nowhere near where I have heard mention of Rome. Like a child, Eydís’ curiosity was insatiable. She wanted to question the other vampire about her travels with Rome. However, Eydís was not a child. She may have looked as if she were one but her mentality was mature and refined. Thus, she restrained herself.

"I am called Eydís." She answered, she did not attempt to form her name into Egyptian. Rather, she spoke it with her original accent before shifting back into the others' native tongue. "I am this land's protector." She considered this land not to be owned by her, per se. It was under her guidance and protection. She was connected to it--body, mind, and soul. Like the land, the people were also under her protection.

The small brunette was aware of how she might be appear—how could she not be?—yet the point of this was not to make these people her comrades or friends. If a friendship developed later, she might embrace it and the group might laugh upon this moment, but now there was no time for pleasantries. Right now was a time to determine their purpose and intent. In spite of her words, Eydís’ posture did not indicate aggression. She did not appear angry or standoffish. She was intense, yet that was offset by her curiosity.

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

Gabrielle Gagné
xxxxxxxxxxxC’est la vie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxC’est la vie qu’on mène
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAucun passant ne nous renseigne
xxxxxxxxxxxxC’est la vie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxC’est la vie cette chienne
User Image

Gabrielle stretched her body downward, resting the palms of her hands on the floor, before untying her toe shoes. Her earbuds changed tempo once more to Plastiscines' "Alchimie". She raised herself up again, her shoulders already moving to the beat as she stepped out of her shoes. Gabrielle would have began dancing once more if not for the interruption. She heard a female voice when there was a pause in the music. Her body jumped and she swiftly turned around, her heart beating wildly. When Gabby was dancing, she had the dancer's sense that there was someone behind her. Now that she had left that world, it seemed that skill had gone with it. She held a hand to her heart before taking the earbuds quickly out of her ears.

"Tu m'as surpris!" The acrobat said breathlessly.In front of her stood Dr. Elizabeth Wong. Dr. Wong was Clifford's girlfriend--Or that's what she assumed was the case. The doctor rarely came to the carnival.

Gabrielle's response was so automatic, her English filter was off. "Ah, I am sorry, Dr. Wong. You startled me." Her English was lightly accented, a blush rose to her already flushed cheeks. She had heard only a piece of what the other woman had said, the rest of it was lost in her moment of surprise. Thankfully, it was a name and Gabrielle could put it together.

"Clifford..." The dancer-turned-acrobat thought for a moment. Quand a fait vois Clifford? It must have been during her act or right before it anyway. "I am sorry. I do not believe I have seen him since my act a few hours ago. I have been in here practicing for most of the day. I am not great at multitasking when I am practicing." She smiled sheepishly. "I could help you look for him. I'm finished up here, anyway." The acrobat lifted her practice bag off of the floor and brought it to her shoulder. She picked up her shoes and tucked them into the bag and slipped on a pair of sandals. She adjusted her practice shorts before smiling back up at the female doctor.

Gabby took a step toward the door, but before she could take another, Clifford was there. A bright smile lifted to her lips, "Ah, Clifford! We were about to go searching for you. Maintenant, we do not have to. You have found us." Gabrielle did not notice the awkward, uncomfortable feeling in the room. She watched as the ringmaster finally came closer to his girlfriend. Her stomach growled with the mention of dinner. She tried to quiet it down, unsure if she were included in that invitation. He looked toward her, did he not? Would it be too forward of her to ask?

Gabrielle was saved from making any decisions with the sight of a golden retriever and a teenage boy running past the tent. This area of the carnival was roped off from the public...and could be dangerous. She heard the two enter the prop tent next door. It wasn't exactly the most desirous place to have an adolescent and an excitable animal. In fact, it was probably one of the worst. Inside the tent there were props, tightrope wires, stands, bars, poles...

It all happened too quickly before Gabrielle or Clifford could go after the pair to tell them to leave. There was a hallow sound as one of the many wooden poles hit the ground. She heard a groan and the dog began barking in alarm. Gabrielle looked toward Clifford and Dr. Wong with wide eyes. She dropped her practice bag and ran out of the tent.

The acrobat entered the prop tent, her eyes looking for the boy and the animal. The boy was lying on the floor clutching his head. The boy's eyes were closed. Did that mean..."Merde." She muttered, rushing over to the pair. The boy spoke softly to the animal before the sense of panic could fully weigh on Gabrielle. She reached the pair moved the pole aside, and crouched down, "Ah, are you okay?" She asked over the sound of the dog barking, concern laced through her voice. "Clifford! Dr. Wong!" She called, knowing the two could hear her from the next tent, "I think we may need you in here!" While she knew a lot about injuries from her collective experiences as a member of the carnival and a ballerina, she did not want to take any chances...especially, when it was a patron who was injured.

Gabrielle's anxiety sparked for a new reason now. This was a patron. If he was seriously injured...could that impact the show? Could it be shut down? Gabby bit her lip. Hopefully, he would be fine and healthy. Still, there was already some sense of worry due to the Lorwick's possible plans to develop the land into a private resort. Gabrielle had chosen not to actively think about this yet. She did not want to consider what her life would be like without this island, her job, and her creative outlet. Would she be able to find another employer that would be so willing to let her explore her options as an acrobat? Gabrielle took a steadying breath. Now was not the time to let these worries come up. There was an injured boy in front of her.

×××××x T h e A c r o b a t
мood:: hungry, awkward, anxious
ѕeттιng:: the carnival prop tent ; ; coмpany:: doug the dog, noah, elizabeth, and clifford
coѕтume:: image coming soon
(A pair of dance shorts, a leotard, ballet toe shoes, flip flop sandles and footless dance tights)
ooc:: Let me know if anything needs to be adjusted.
I placed Noah and Doug in the prop tent as it seemed to make the most sense.
тranѕlaтιonѕ:: Tu m'as surpris! [French] You surprised me!
xxxxQuand a fait vois Clifford? [French] When did I see Clifford?
xxxxxxxxxMaintenant [French] Now
xxxxxxxxxMerde [French] s**t
[+quote="wearegliding5683"] [+quote="nerdbutt elmo"][[+quote="sycophantic courtier"]

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Ideas for Gabs' costume
emerald dress
black tulle
black jumpsuit
pink sequins
leotard
Fairytale
peacock
Navy blue
yellow

Or I could just do a tutu aand call it a day.

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Cian

Cian post
”It’s astounding what can bring us to our children is it not?” He asked, ”I was drawn by light, you by unconventional charms…what was it regarding your other children that appealed to you?”

Cian post
”I cannot taste the difference between the fears. I believe what I can taste is the cortisol from stress and the adrenaline from fear. At least those are the names we know of now…There might be more.”

Veni post
Yes, just as I thought; the physical aspect of it only." Veni leaned back in his chair far enough he should have fallen backwards and stretched his arms above his head. "It would probably be more difficult to follow a no or fewer kill practice if you had tastes like mine."

He frowned a little towards the ceiling as the next thought which he said out loud came to him. "Being stuck in perpetual puberty might not help either. At least I don’t have acne." He laughed in a way that carried amusement, frustration, and bitterness all in one. "Though I wonder if our familiars help play a part in it."

Cian shrugged "Perhaps," he said (something about the familiars)

Veni post
“What regarding my other children appealed to me… My, my, that is a bit personal,” Veni teased with a sideways glance, his grin growing wider. "But I am feeling generous tonight."

Veni post
His teeth appeared normal as he continued speaking. "And I can’t give a short answer either because it is often many things. Rosemary was many things, but the wife choice was the unconventional charm. Well usually they do something that catches my attention. For you see none of them are some random victim except for the first one, but I am still fond of all my children in some way. I would observe them for a time and I mean months, but more often years." He placed his hand on his cheek. "I don’t really want to talk about the ones that didn't survive thanks to Heegh…" he finished with a sigh. "Often a child will turn their head my way when I am walking past them really too fast for them to see me or sometimes it can be so normal yet I perceive it as something of interest that raises my curiosity of them. So first I become enthralled, then I observe. Sometimes they know but most times they don’t. Then if I remain fascinated or drawn to the person still, I usually interact with them, and then decide. Depending on the age of the person it may take me years to execute such a decision.

“Well allow me to give an example to help explain what I mean. Let us speak on Ma Jianshen. Jianshen as a human was and still is spirited, determined, observant, and dedicated despite his obstacles. He was a sickly creature and over exertion would cause him great pain. Still he was determined to fulfill his role in some way as the eldest son even if he couldn’t be the one to continue the family art. He was about 12 when I met him. He had been separated from his family and I took care of his separators right in front of him. Then when I assessed he wouldn’t be able to find his way back easily let alone get very far because the stress on his body from being taken away had left him weak, I decided to help him find it. Though he was suspicious of me, he wasn’t entirely afraid since I myself was being cautious to not be more frightening than I had already been. To make it quicker I carried him. While I looked for the place I saw in his mind he said something to me. I didn’t respond because I couldn’t understand Cantonese yet due to having just arrived very recently. When I did not respond he grabbed a strand of hair and twisted it between his fingers and as I didn’t protest he ran his fingers through it. (People from this region like to feel hair types that they find unusual.) Without intention I purred and apparently deciding he liked my reaction after a brief pause he continued to mess with my hair.

“At that moment I decided not to wipe his memory of me, to see what happens, and to keep checking on him. Once we found the place I drew out temporarily what ailed him. The next day Jianshen’s family left the port city to return home with a stowaway. When next he saw me he was startled but asked me if I was checking up on him and stated he felt better and thanked me all with a suspicious look on his face…at least that was the gist. I had to keep that mind connection with him without hypnotizing or bespelling him to understand the meaning. He always knew I wasn’t human, but I was not just a strange demon to him (the Orient don’t always perceive what they consider to be demons as evil) I was a foreign barbarian at that. Still he didn’t entirely want me to leave either and was curious about me as I was of him. We both observed each other that night. He did most of the talking as he realized I could understand him somewhat even if I didn’t talk back.

“Within a couple days he practically nailed it when he asked me if I was a goeng-si (Cantonese for jiangshi which is the Chinese hopping zombie/vampire).”
Veni smiled as he remembered Ma explaining a goeng-si to him and how he hopped a little to explain how they moved according to legends. And when Ma had finished Veni startled him when he spoke to tell him he agreed he was probably that with differences and asked him why he thought he was a goeng-si. “Jianshen was the easiest and one of the most enjoyable experiences I had in choosing a child. We taught each other things we shouldn’t have (a foreigner knowing the language was forbidden back then even amongst the merchant traders) and he never told anyone about me. During the day he would read and study for he was a scholar. He would also observe his family as they practiced and would wish he could join them in more than the basics and less stressful of the motions on him. Though I would observe others in that country and be gone for months at a time, he’s the one I kept coming back to and he enjoyed my company.

“By the time his body suffered a nasty spell at the age he appears now and I started to change him because I knew he would die soon, I didn’t have to bespell or trick him or really force it on him. He figured I would someday and accepted it as a fact. If he could be a goeng-si with his mind intact and some self-control with my help he didn’t think it would be so bad to be like me. I don’t even know when I had fully decided to do it, but I didn’t want him to go away either.”
(Then Veni lost in his memories)

Veni post
"I worked on Jianshen for several nights. His body began to change, his teeth became sharper, but I stopped before I completely killed him. He appeared to recover soon after; any changes his body underwent vanished. Though I couldn’t cure what ailed him, I fixed the accumulated damage it caused and doubled his lifespan. When he was about to die again his teeth grew sharp and I appeared before him after being absent a number of years. These signs he took as evidence he was about to die and become goeng-si. He was nervous about it, but not truly afraid.

“When he died, he was ready to be my child and to basically fulfill his duty as such. When he came back one of the first things he did was perform a complex martial art move he observed his family doing multiple times during his life and then he ran and enjoyed it without worrying of the consequences. After a few nights he looked as he does now, as he did the first time he should have died.

“He started off as one of my weakest children and worked to develop what he had to be used to the highest potential."
Much like he had in life only it is physically now Veni mused to himself. "None of us thought he would gain any special ability to mark him as a master of our kind like the rest of my children save one other. However while he was in China during the Cultural Revolution (1966-1976), he saw something that made him snap and the target of his anger felt every physical torment he ever felt in a matter of moments."

(Seph joined them...limits Cian from responding) --& probably didn't expect so much information

[later]

Cian post
Veni’s question came next. A simple one, a loaded one. Several faces flashed into Cian’s mind from different ages. "Oh no." He answered shortly, "But she is the only one that mattered." That sounded harsh, even to his own ears, "There were others...However, they were made during war times or out of early rebellion. " A ghost of a bitter smile came to his lips ”In the beginning I admit, I was not as discerning.” He could not only see their faces now—the sadist from Sweden, the swordsman from Russia, the marksman from India, to name but a few—but also how he made them and how they were destroyed. He knew of only a handful who may have escaped the true death. However, even that hope only stood on one leg.

Veni post
His eyes went a little a little big at the harshness of his words towards his other children though it didn't entirely surprise him. What surprised him was that he actually admitted Daphne was the only important child of his to him. He straightened himself to look at Cian straight on. "Daphne is the only one you picked outside of some strategic tactic, necessity, or because you could and you didn't naturally develop any form of connection with any of them? I don't understand...does your line truly lack any connection to each other without a spell or am I the anomaly? (remembering some of the details of the curse he put on Daphne) I could feel Jianshen's anger all the way here when he was in China! I even feel something between that shrew and I that allows her to know where I am and I detest it. Then they are truly alone in this world and better off dead. If you really feel that way, I hope they aren't alive anymore."

Cian did not miss the reaction his words had upon the others: surprise.

Cian's jaw almost snapped in annoyance. Almost. Cian had better control over himself than most. Still, his eyes sharpened on his friend ever so slightly. Cian's words had been cruel but Veni wouldn't have liked most of Cian's children. The world could not have held them at this day and age. Of course they had each meant one thing or another to the Greek vampire. Several were made for strategic purposes: war. There had not been time enough to train them to become "better"--to go beyond their instinctual nature. There were outliers, however.

"Many of them are not still 'living'." Cian allowed, his voice low but forced into a tone of neutrality, "They were mourned each time--their loss, keenly felt." A tense silence fell for a moment upon the three males. Cian knew he would need to mitigate this situation. His history had not been the brightest, the happiest, however, he did not need to bring the others into the nightmare.

"I may have misspoke." He said finally, "Each have mattered. At the time, each of them was not so easily distinguishable as the next. They were angry, full of hate. Yes, made for strategy. Was Daphne the exception? No. Do I feel she is the most important? Yes." (NOT SURE IF I LIKE THIS. IT SEEMS TO REACTIONARY.)

Seph post
Cian speaking harshly on his other children with an attempt to correct himself. He must have missed some part of the conversation because Veni seemed offended by them and retorted with equally harsh words said in a mostly calm voice with only a hint of anger. Though he didn't know enough of how it works with a vampire, he had experience with having ones self tied to multiple places with a general awareness of what was going on in that area in a world from when he was more broken. In an attempt to lighten it because he really didn't want those two to go at it with him right there nor did he want them to form a lasting bitterness, he quickly jumped in. "Red string of fate. Veni must have a red string of fate with his children not tied to his pinkies, but in here." Sephiroth tapped his chest lightly not knowing how close that described what Veni told Cian earlier in such fewer words. "Is such a close connection unusual?"

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
[insert stuff]

Eydís met the dark cat’s eyes with interest. ”A guide.” She said softly, although she knew the others could hear her. The cat, a black leopard, held some of its resemblance to Eydís’ companions then. ”It is fitting then that you should have a panther as a guide. I find him of equal interest. As I do you.” She allowed, approval seeping little by little into her tone. While not inherently a good thing, a panther provided clarity to any journey.

Eydís’ nose caught the scent of the cinnamon once more as a gift was offered. She moved closer to Nefretiri and the cat, her movements cautious and attentive. Finally, when she was close enough, she plucked the container of the expensive spice from off of the darker vampire’s hand. ”It will do so long as you do not intend to live here without eventually moving on and so long as you do not have any plans to depose of me.” She answered carefully, ”You will find me to be a fierce opponent should you try. I give you this warning now to maintain my principles. If you should come against me in the future, there will be no other warning.” Her gaze was intense again upon the other woman, perhaps striking a form of unease herself.

Eydís’ eyes drifted up and back again, watching as an invisible spirit of the dead lifted from the distant forest. When her eyes returned to the group, some of the intensity was gone. The otherworldly nature was still present, but the guardian dropped some of her previous intimidating airs. The child vampire met the eyes of her spirit panther and the panther nodded toward the fire. ”I will.” Eydís finally agreed, she herself was curious of the travelers. Why were there so many of them? Why travel? What was their purpose? How were they related to Rome? She waited until most of the others were seated before taking her place to perch on a rock.

Eydís’ eyes reflected the flames as she stared once more at Nefretiri—the beautiful one. ”I know the language.” She said simply, ”I know you are related to Rome but I cannot place how.” Eydís paused, eyes calculating, ”That is all.”

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Eydís' eyes narrowed with the insult, but instead of reacting, she merely shrugged. She asked the questions that needed to be asked--especially in a case such as this. This situation called for haste. Eydís had her home to protect.

Still, the young-looking creature of the night forced herself to listen to the other's response. Eydís' teeth gnashed together with the mention of the time period. So little time to prepare for what had been a massacre to other nightwalker civilizations. "10 to 14 days..." She mused quietly after a pause. She hesitated again, before power began to radiate in small waves off of her. She looked toward Mother. "The lines..." She said to the spirit. Her eyes began to glow with an otherworldly light. Her hair stood on end, before a breeze lifted it up and back from her face. Spirits of other animals began to fill the clearing--hounds and stags, rabbits and ravens. Muninn held court above them all in the tops of the trees. "Secure the borders." She spoke clearly, her voice seeming to hold more power than before. Her eyes alone could see the extent and power of the spirit gathering before her. The moved at once in teams of two, moving in every direction. Out and over the land. The most observant of the vampires in the clearing might have been able to see flashes of white, as if they saw movement out of the very corners of their eyes, but it would be gone the minute they tried to observe it in full.

With a glance back, Mother followed the animals out of the clearing. Her mate Guide took her place. Guide took in the scene before him with majestic ease. His clever eyes regarded the vampires before him. Guide would direct her--guide her.

Nefretiri spoke next about jaguar finding what he was looking for. "He is one of yours." Guide confirmed, tilting his head in the direction of the young black jaguar, "You are meant to share him with her, but he is yours. He has been looking for you." His voice rumbled as he spoke. "I see... She responded before turning her eyes (now dim) back to Nefratiri. It explained the connection she had felt with the jaguar and his coming nearer and nearer. She might have discovered it sooner or later, but in times of war it was better to know these things as quickly as possible. "The important point is, I understand now." She said slowly to the other vampire. Eydís' eyes met the jaguar's and for a brief minute or two they seemed to share an understanding of one another. "Welcome home." She said softly.She paused. Again, she looked toward the other vampire, "Guide tells me we are meant to...share him." Once more, Eydís did not seem to care that she had not explained who Guide was. It was her way of communicating with others. It did not seem as pertinent information at this time to explain Guide and Mother.

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User Image
                                                              Jayde's feet bounced and tapped. She glanced at the clock on the register for what must have been the hundredth time that day. Thirty minutes to go…Thirty minutes to go. She popped the register open and rearranged the drawer. Again. The coins were neatly stacked in the holders, the bills all faced the same way, the hundreds (Ha. Like there were many!) were put into the lock box underneath the register for the closing manager to handle. It wasn’t that the day had been slow—no, there were people. It was just boring.

Then again, she did get bored easily and it was a menial job. Jayde had had many of those in the past. In fact, this was the longest job Jayde had ever had. It was odd. She was so used to switching jobs every few months or so. She didn’t exactly hate the work here, but it wasn’t something she was happy doing either. If anything, it bored her. She knew it like the back of her hand. But you know...she absolutely loved the atmosphere. It was fun, jovial. God only knew this place could use it.

Jayde shoved the drawer back into place with the edge of her hip just as a little girl walked up to the register with her mother. Jayde’s mouth was already curving into a welcoming smile. She was relieved to help someone. A moment longer and she would have done something absolutely insane. Like dust behind the prizes. ”Hello there!” She said before turning her attention to the girl. ”What’s your name?”

”Clary.” The child answered slowly, her eyes taking in the prizes behind Jayde’s head. She focused back on Jayde just as the matter manipulator’s smile expanded.

”Hi there, Clary. I see you have a fist full of tickets.” Jayde pointed to the child’s hand, ”Which prize would you like?” The child mirrored Jayde’s smile, a missing front tooth and a cheek dimple completing the adorable picture.

”I want the kitty.” Clary pronounced with absolute certainty as she pointed to the middle shelf. Jayde looked behind her although she already knew which cat plush Clary was talking about. It was almost as big as the little girl herself—although that was not saying much as she was tiny. Still, it didn’t look like she had enough tickets to cover the 1,000 ticket fee.

”That one is 1,000 tickets. Do you have that many tickets?” Jayde asked kindly, stretching out the numbers to make it sound silly.

”Yes I do!” Clary responded, her voice proud.

”Then let’s count them up!” Jayde laughed. She reached her hand out with her palm up in order to take the tickets and Clary handed them over. Jayde fed them through the ticket counter...Jayde had been right. Clary only had 482 tickets. ”I’m sorry, it doesn’t look like--” Jay looked up and paused in her sentence. Clary was holding out another sack of tickets. ”Oh! Of course you have more!” Jayde laughed again, ”I’m sorry!” Clary’s mom smiled patiently.

Jayde fed the rest of the tickets through. The total came to 998 tickets. Still not enough. Well, what's two tickets?. With a flick of her wrist underneath the register, the matter manipulator took the missing tickets from her own stash. She fed them into the counter. ”And there we have it, ladies and gentlemen!” She exclaimed with the showmanship of a traveling salesman, ”1,000 tickets!” Clary cheered. Jayde turned her back on the customers for a moment, using her power to carefully, carefully pick the cat up. Picking up one item was often more difficult than picking up many. It required more concentration. Jayde was lucky to have worked here as long as she had. It taught her a sense of control.

The cat came quickly and relatively easily to Jayde, but she didn't stop there. She quickly swiveled on her feet (thankfully not losing her balance) and maneuvered the cat into Clary's outstretched arms. The minute it was in her arms, Clary squeezed it tightly and closed her eyes. ”How long have you been working to get that cat?” Jayde asked.
                                                              "Over three months." Clary's mom responded, smiling with a shake of her head. "Thank you, by the way." Jayde looked at her blankly. The girl's mom nodded toward the ticket counter with a wink and touched the corner of her eye deliberately. She saw that? Jayde grinned modestly and nodded.

Once more Clary's eyes were opened. She looked at the plush toy very intently for a moment before closing her eyes again. Slowly, the plush began to move on its own accord. Feet stretched, the head tilted slightly. Jayde could hardly believe what she was seeing (if she hadn't been in Haven she would have wondered if she were hallucinating). Clary set the plush down on the floor and the cat began to walk toward the door. "Don't worry," the mom said, "It'll only last for a few moments" With a smile, the two were out the door and Jayde was left to her own devices once more...

The blonde looked at the clock. Oooh...Five minutes to go.

But those last five minutes were longer than any of the other minutes combined. It seemed the natural law of things. Finally, however, it was over. She was free! Well, sort of. Jayde stepped out the door and looked up toward the sky. She smiled wistfully--to be out in the country air again. To be truly and honestly, free. The girl sighed and shook her head. It was not smart to have those dreams. It got you punished.

Jayde shook her head again, this time in a "clearing" fashion. But what should I do with my free time? Jayde enjoyed working the mid-shift. It meant she got to go in later in the morning (enough time to sleep in of course) and it gave her time in the evening to goof off. She stretched her arms in the air. Should I go to Split Peak? No, it would be too dark...Minigolf? Ugh, I'm still in work clothes. Do I want people asking me where everything is? Then the answer came to her, Oh! The pizza party! I completely forgot about that! It was supposed to start soon--if it hadn't already.

However, first she needed to get the smell of dirty floors and sweaty children off of her. Jayde let herself into her home. It was odd to have a “home”. She had not been here long. She had stayed in the motel for a long while. She hadn’t wanted to root herself to the place. Alas, the time came where she had to make the decision to “fit in”. It had come a year or so after her escape attempt. Jayde’s body tensed before she easily brushed the memory away. She took out her government issued smart phone and began a brief message.

To: Tavi
                                                              Message: Hey! I’m running a little behind.
                                                              Don’t get yourself kicked out before I get there!

She added a second message as a brief afterthought.
                                                              To: Matty
                                                              Message: Hey there, hiking budding : )
                                                              Are you going to the ‘za party?

Jayde’s shower and wardrobe change took no longer than minutes all together. Soon enough, she was ready to go. The matter mover herself wore little makeup—perhaps mascara here, eyeliner there. She did not pretend to know what she was doing. She let her thick hair lie where it was, preferring it down to having it up as it had been all day.

Soon enough Jayde was on her way to the motel. She let herself fly there for part of the way there. The wind tangled her hair but Jayde didn’t care. In fact, she smiled. Still, she stopped when she got close to the motel. She did not trust her abilities to navigate the building. She would probably end up with breaking her face. The matter manipulator walked the building with a bounce to her step. She was about to head to the party room when she noticed Sam and Nataly-the-Shrink with someone new. ”Hi, Sam!” She called loudly. She almost walked in their direction, but froze. Terry. She swallowed ”Um, Hi there, Terry.” It wasn’t that she disliked the kid. She just…didn’t necessarily like to be around him sometimes. Like when he used his power.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
ſσcaтισи:Around the motel
ωιтн: Terry. At a distance, Nataly, Sam, new person
fєєℓιиg: Playful then uncomfortable.
ℓσσк: Sometimes you gotta run
σσc: I may change the format later...
Not super pleased with it.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User Image
                                                              It was rare for the telekinetic to stop moving. She was almost always in some type of motion. Often it was bigger movements, such as pacing, but sometimes it was as simple as a foot tapping a rhythm. She treated it as a natural extension of her abilities. She moved because her power was exerting itself on her body. She moved to prolong the boredom. She moved to keep herself from dwelling on more negative things. At this moment, so near to Terry, Jayde’s body was almost completely still. She did not do it purposefully, of course. It happened without her conscious awareness of it—without her control. Her mind, however, was anything but still. It moved at the pace of a rushing river. So preoccupied was the blonde that she barely saw Sam’s motion for her to join them. So close to Terry...All Jayde heard were her brother’s high pitched screams and her parents’ angry voices. To Jayde the moment felt long. In actuality, it was no more than a few seconds. Even as Terry moved away, it was Nataly’s voice that finally broke the spell that her memories had on her.

"I'm sorry, Jayde, he's been acting up a little bit today."

Jayde’s eyes blinked and the sounds of Haven rushed back to her. She caught her shoulders in mid-shudder. She placed a smile on her lips, attempting to lighten her expression. "No, no! Don't apologize!" Came her cheerful response, "It's completely okay! There’s nothing to worry about.” She added, trying to laugh. Once the others’ attention was off of her, her shoulders shrugged. You’d think I’d be used to him by now…

Jayde followed the others into the building, hurrying her pace to almost a jog so Sam would not have to hold the door open for too long. "Thanks." She said with an easy grin. Sam looked happy. That was always a good thing. Upon entering the lobby, Jayde noticed very few people. She wondered if it was at all possible that they were the only ones here. Sam excused himself to check on those in the kitchen. Of course we aren’t the only ones here yet. Now only Jayde, Nataly and the new girl were left in the room. Jayde was some feet away from the other two as she had come in some distance behind them. Still, she turned her friendly eyes to the newbie and caught the other’s eye. Her lips upturned in a curious but amiable smile. There was something unique about the way she looked but Jayde couldn’t quite put her finger on it. Jayde wanted to know more about her. Jayde was able to notice, however, that she looked nervous. Jayde could relate to that. She had felt her on her very first day. She noticed the girl look toward her and open her mouth as if to say something…Only to be interrupted by Tavi.

Jayde laughed into her hand. Oh Tav… Sometimes the man just couldn’t help himself. Most of the time, his pick-up lines were okay…Occasionally though, he was on the border of creepy. Thankfully, this was not one of the latter times. So, the newbie's name was Aylin. Jayde would introduce herself whenever she got the chance. Nataly’s response brought a wince to Jayde’s face. Ouch. Poor guy. If she means it that is… Not that Jayde could judge him, of course. Jayde had standing appointments with Nataly. As far as she knew, most of the residents did. It was some kind of requirement set apart by the government. Blah. Blah. Blah. The sessions themselves were okay…if the psychiatrist didn’t pry.

Tavi’s gaze finally landed on her, "I see that! I’m actually so very impressed." She chuckled and playfully (gently) shoved him in the arm with her power. "I’ll have you know, I’m perfectly well behaved. An Angel, if you will." The blonde’s eyes twinkled. She was known to partake in some of Tavi’s tricks. Although Jayde didn’t toe to the line as much as her friend did, she loved to be included and she always had fun. She just knew the consequences only too well if one crossed over that line. It was not something she wanted to repeat.

When Sam came back into the room, Tavi edged himself out of the group and made his way to Jay. Her smile grew even wider. Jayde shifted her balance from one foot to the other, "I had to work a mid-shift today. Ugh."She answered him, making a face and sticking out her tongue, "So. boring. I honestly considered cleaning the prize holding area! Can you believe that! Thankfully this little girl saved the day. She brought a freaking cat stuffed animal to life! I know we see these things like every day, but it still amazes me!" Jayde rolled her shoulders and brought a hand up to massage a knot, ”What did I miss here? Anything new?”

Jayde’s eyes caught the movement of several more people entering the lobby one by one. Some of the new arrivals stayed in the lobby, others went to the kitchen. Jay noticed the guard Vincent by his voice, rather than by his appearance.

"Playboy! That's it!"

A frown tugged on Jayde’s lips. She never especially liked this guard. He made her nervous. But then, she was not a fan of any of the guards and they all made her feel nervous—even the nice ones. She could not help but listen to the rest of his tirade. ”We sure got lucky this time around.” It was creep guards like this one that added even more fuel to her desire to leave.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                              ſσcaтισи:The Lobby
                                                              ωιтн: Tavi, Aylin, Nataly, Fumiko, Sam, Vincent
                                                              fєєℓιиg: Uncomfortable. Then playful. Then disgusted
                                                              ℓσσк: Sometimes you gotta run
                                                              σσc: Still need to adjust the format.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Quote:
                                                              Quote:
                                                              Quote:

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Jayde's eyebrows rose. She tilted her head slightly to the left before asking, "No, I'm not sure if you're remembering it properly. I'm pretty sure he told you to leave. He was just being nice about it. You know Sam. He doesn't like trouble. Keeper of the peace and all of that. But I was there. He was definitely telling you to leave." She forced herself to keep another laugh from bubbling up.

Jayde's eyes rolled with Tavi's comment about not charging up. All in all, Jayde was glad. Her hair was wild enough without static electricity contributing toward it. She was also well-aware of the shock she might receive later when touching something metallic. "Hey, even angels like to have fun!!" She tapped her chin with her index finger, "Plus, I think I'm going to blame you for all the moments I've 'misbehaved'. I think you're a horrible influence. I should warn the new girl." Jayde couldn't help the pull of her lips upwards. Tavi was of course right to laugh at the absurdity of her own statement. Tavi never had to try very hard to convince her to do anything. With the promise of "fun", Jayde could find herself in a myriad of situations. Still, She enjoyed this playful banter with her friend. It was always made things light and fun. She also liked the laughter that it brought on--both her own and Tavi's.

Quote:
J: When Sam came back into the room, Tavi edged himself out of the group and made his way to Jay. Her smile grew even wider. Jayde shifted her balance from one foot to the other, "I had to work a mid-shift today. Ugh."She answered him, making a face and sticking out her tongue, "So. boring. I honestly considered cleaning the prize holding area! Can you believe that! Thankfully this little girl saved the day. She brought a freaking cat stuffed animal to life! I know we see these things like every day, but it still amazes me!" Jayde rolled her shoulders and brought a hand up to massage a knot, ”What did I miss here? Anything new?”

Quote:
T: As he moved closer to his friend, others entered the lobby, bypassing them as they joined the larger group or headed into the kitchen. It gave the two a moment to catch up. Jayde detailed her day working and Tavi attempted to listen. Every so often, however, his gaze flickered around the room. His attention bounced between Sam who had started to gather the others around him and his friend's story. "To life, to life, or just like animated briefly? And no, I can't really believe that you wanted to clean. Bad times, huh?"

Quote:
Tavi watched as Vincent pushed through into the lobby, alert as he stared out over the group before focusing in on Aylin. He turned back to Jayde when she asked what she had missed. "Nothing spectacular. I ran into Silme in the kitchen, did the routine verbal spar with everyone's favorite guard, and was promptly pushed out to introduce myself by Sam. He said I needed to make myself known to a new tenant in case something needed to be fixed. Like I fix things." He snorted softly, knowing full well that when Sam's attention focused too squarely on his lack of responsibility, he squeezed a bit of work out- only enough to keep Sam from getting too angry with him, though.

Quote:
J: We sure got lucky this time around.”

Quote:
T: Thankfully before he opened his mouth, releasing anything that might set his friend on an angry path, Jayde commented against the guard. "Lucky indeed. Who else would I yell at if not for Vinny? Plus if he never opened his mouth, he wouldn't be half bad to look at." Tavi made effort to dramatically waggle his brows.

Quote:
SAM DOES HIS THING

(JAYDE WANTS TO DISRUPT IT. wonders which is stronger)
Quote:

T: Before long Sam stole the spotlight again. It was a smart move on his part to diffuse any pending situations with a display of ability. With amusement, Tavi watched as the keys clattered to the floor only to rise back to their owner's hand. Seeing the ability previously never took away the rush that came with seeing it again. His fingers stretched, pulled toward his palm, and stretched outward again. The temptation to draw energy always heightened whenever another used their ability, an opportunity presented to show off, or if someone frustrated him. Aylin appeared fascinated with the magnetism, so he could only imagine her intrigue with others. "Wonder what the new girl's powers are. She can't read minds. Would have probably slapped me earlier if she could." A grin broke across his face.

Quote:
Fumiko: First she wanted to sneak up on Jayde. The shorty went to her tiptoes and blew ever so gently into the blonde's ear before she took a step back and waited for the reaction. An innocent grin was definitely plastered on her face by the time the other two looked over at he
r.

Quote:
F: "Do you find the new blonde attractive Tavi?" She asked as her eyes smiled with glee.
Instead, she just continued on as if it was a normal conversation with a slight teasing undertone.. "Aylin has always been rather stunning," she added matter-of-factly before the look on her face changed to one of obvious fake pity.

Quote:
F: "It's too bad that you can never be together. Give up if you know what's good for you. It's a lost cause." Fumiko purposely paused while not bothering to respond to any questions or comments he might have uttered.

Quote:
F: "Unless you're into the same sex." At that point she couldn't help but let a chuckle escape from her mouth. The chuckle quickly turned into a laugh. It was a laugh that she couldn't stop even if she wanted to--which she didn't.

Wait. What?

Quote:
F: It wasn't until she was calming down that she uttered the next part. "Didn't you know that Aylin is a male model?"

Quote:
Then she turned her attention to Jayde. "Soo how was your day?" She touched the blonde's upper arm ever so gently as she asked the question. Her fingers lingered there for a moment before her arm fell back to her side by the time she finished talking. It was a typical question that anyone would ask; but she generally wanted to know. Plus, she just couldn't think of any other way to switch the focus to her crush.

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Queen Lavinia

Name: Lavinia
Nicknames: Your highness, Nia
Age: For someone who has been a queen for over 5 centuries, you would hardly expect one to own to a given age would you?
Position given: Queen
Race: Full Fledge
Personality:
Sadistic : Lavinia is not known for being soft. She is cruel, but not to the point of excessiveness. She has a dark nature that only befits a vampire queen.
Charming: Lavinia is charming—some might even say manipulative. She enjoys others in an extroverted sense, but she also loves to use others.
Fickle: Lavinia is a fickle woman. She likes things the way she likes them until…well, she doesn’t. To not follow her likes, it to go against a formidable opponent. She is not one to take a slight lightly.
Cunning:
Strong willed: Although she is fickle, she is strong willed. This perhaps is what contributes to her shielding abilities.
Background:
Queen Lavinia
Due to the violence of her creation, Lavinia does not enjoy thinking on the past—the time before she was recreated. She prefers to stay in the present, drinking in the sensations and lavish natures of the now. She does not want to imagine her life as it was as a merchant’s daughter. No, she does not like to dwell on her particularly violent recreation. She prefers the time of after rather than before.

Lavinia was not to be the next in line to be the vampire ruler. No, this much the queen will admit. She fought her way to the top. But in that time, that was socially acceptable—expected even. While she was not the next in line, she was reborn to the ruling family. She was a lesser noble, but still one all the same. It was not too far of a leap that may have caused the general vampire populace to get into an uproar. The transition into ruler was not a tumultuous one, but rather unsteady of course due to how she ascended. Still, Lavinia won herself the favor of the people abd the neutral acceptance of the nobles and heads of the families. They watched her carefully at first. She had strength they could see, but could she persevere in the role and keep the nation steady. She proved she did. The queen took on multiple usurpers and established herself firmly into a seat of power. She brought a team of trusted individuals to provide her with safety and a council of the heads of the families. Lavinia proved to be a guiding force to the golden age of vampires. She has ruled now for over five centuries. She is quite comfortable with her position and does not take kindly to challengers.

Abilities Mastered:
Vampiric Strength
Enhanced Senses
Enhanced speed
Blood Clairvoyance
Enhanced healing/Regeneration
Hypnosis
Minor day walking: as a combination of her shielding abilities and her age, Lavinia can enjoy minor instances of sunlight.
Shielding
Immortality

Strengths: Strength of will, official position,
Weaknesses: excessive sunlight
Clan Name: Et sanguinem principum
Appearance:
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash