Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian

next to jaime of course
she goes through so much s**t and doesn't really seem to have much to her but i feel like eventually she's gonna explode and become someone big
book spoilers below
littlefinger is also gonna play a big role in helping her grow and i feel like her time at the vale is going to increasingly bring her to the forefront of the "game"
she's just in the shadows for most of the story but i feel like eventually she's going to become a major player and probably be the one to get back at the lannisters
discuss: sansa and her role in the story now and what you think it will become
I feel so bad for her ): !!

I don't read the books but I hope she gets some revenge/relief soon! Poor girl.

Heroic Traveler

10,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Really? I know she has a large role to play coming up soon. All the starks are special though. I'm liking whats become of Area. I think shes going to have a very big part in everything, but I feel all the remaining starks will.

Sansa is very weak and cowardly, I would like to see her grow a back bone.

Belly-burster

sansa rules and is imo a v. interesting character
cant wait for her really exciting arc this season hopefully she will have less dumb haters by the end talk2hand
they have no idea

Enduring Regular

Nopokeyloki
Really? I know she has a large role to play coming up soon. All the starks are special though. I'm liking whats become of Area. I think shes going to have a very big part in everything, but I feel all the remaining starks will.

Sansa is very weak and cowardly, I would like to see her grow a back bone.
If Sansa grew a backbone, she'd be dead. Sansa's situation is perfect for her, just as Arya's situation is perfect for her, If they were in the other's shoes, they'd both probably be dead.

Secret Kirari's Princess

Romantic Bard

22,300 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I want to protect Sansa Stark at all costs. I want nothing more than her happiness. I need more Sansa appreciation in my life. Thank you. (I don't read the books but I hope that things end up happy for her crying )

Magnetic Friend

Hell yeah, Sansa haters need to step aside. talk2hand She is far from cowardly and weak-- it probably takes more backbone than most of us can even conceive of to keep her composure in the kind of situation she's in (entire family dead, surrounded by the people who basically killed them all and only keep her around as a political pawn, forced to marry someone she despises, no one who could help her that she can trust, constantly threatened with torture and worse by the sadistic g-damn king of the realm, etc etc).

It just stuns me that anyone could look at her with that in mind and go "Ugh, what a stupid coward."

Sansa's a tough lady. People just don't like her because she's being smart about it considering her situation, and doesn't get to run around stabbing guys for revenge.

Gatekeeper

Fedora Mu
People just don't like her because she's being smart about it considering her situation, and doesn't get to run around stabbing guys for revenge.

This so much. The thing (and problem) with Sansa is that she is incredible strong (for all the reason you outline and more) but everyone likes comparing her to "badass" Arya and her budding love of killing people. And comparing the two to decide on the others' merit is wrong.

Like honestly, I'm usually pretty good at feigning enthusiasm when dealing with problematic/awful people because of my job field but it's a damn struggle to continually do it during work day hours. Sansa has to feign courtesy/respect to the people who killed her family, treat her like dirt in incredibly awful ways, and are just all big jerks all the time 24/7. The fact this young girl is alive and surviving in that environment is amazing.

Just because she's not killing and seeking direct active revenge doesn't mean she's weak or cowardly. She knows /exactly/ what she can and can't do (ie, not try to kill people = not dying yourself) to stay alive. She realizes that she isn't currently in a position to do anything even if she hatches a ~master plan~ to escape. As much as Cersei (and viewers/readers) calls her dumb, she's far from it now that her childhood dreams have been thoroughly crushed.

I love Sansa and hearing other people that love her makes me happy.

Magnetic Friend

Star of the South
Fedora Mu
People just don't like her because she's being smart about it considering her situation, and doesn't get to run around stabbing guys for revenge.

This so much. The thing (and problem) with Sansa is that she is incredible strong (for all the reason you outline and more) but everyone likes comparing her to "badass" Arya and her budding love of killing people. And comparing the two to decide on the others' merit is wrong.

Like honestly, I'm usually pretty good at feigning enthusiasm when dealing with problematic/awful people because of my job field but it's a damn struggle to continually do it during work day hours. Sansa has to feign courtesy/respect to the people who killed her family, treated her like dirt, and are just all big jerks all the time 24/7. The fact this young girl is alive and surviving in that environment is amazing.

Just because she's not killing and seeking direct active revenge doesn't mean she's weak or cowardly. She knows /exactly/ what she can and can't do (ie, not try to kill people = not dying yourself) to stay alive. She realizes that she isn't currently in a position to do anything even if she hatches a ~master plan~ to escape. As much as Cersei (and viewers/readers) calls her dumb, she's far from it now that her childhood dreams have been thoroughly crushed.

I love Sansa and hearing other people that love her makes me happy.

This this this, right back at you. Sansa's just playing the game as best she can, because that's all she can do-- and she's probably doing a better job at it than any other member of her family so far.

Enkyubus's Wife

Melodious Conversationalist

BOOK SPOILERS!!! :v

Since they finally [thankfully!!!] brought in Ser Dontos, I sincerely hope the Eyrie storyline happens, since that occurs not too long after Joff's death. That was one of my favorite segments in the book, and maybe that will end up in the final episode this season? AHHHH I HOPE I GET TO SEE IT :I

I do like how Sansa is becoming a teensy bit braver in her situation, at least being in King's Landing where she is. Even though she hates Tyrion, I'm sure she understands that although he's a Lannister, he's not a bad one.

She is one of my faves, though not my top... emotion_awesome

Gatekeeper

Fedora Mu
This this this, right back at you. Sansa's just playing the game as best she can, because that's all she can do-- and she's probably doing a better job at it than any other member of her family so far.

She's definitely doing a better job than most of her family at this whole survival game. Ned was one step away of just writing out a "Cersei, please kill me" sign and attaching it to his forehead. Robb royally messed up and dragged everyone (including Catelyn) down with him. And then Bran basically went "no, I'm going north of the wall where it's really dangerous because dreams" which let's face it, sounds like a stupid idea.

The Stark men/boys are really not putting on a good show over these 4 seasons...
Sansa is showing Ned's ghost what not to do next time to be honest.

Vicious Loverboy

26,275 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
Sansa is a underestimated character. Seriously.

It takes a lot to keep composed and to not say anything or do anything that would cost her life. I'm very sure she does want revenge and would give anything to see Joffery dead but she's being smart and careful.

Watching and waiting does pay off after a while ya know~

If I had to guess, she's totally going to use her time at the Vale as well as her small budding relationship with Robert/Robin as a means to help gain power to use against the Lannisters.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she suddenly became a powerhouse no one saw coming.

I also am dying to see when people realize "Arya" isn't Arya considering the B*stard married her to win Winterfell bookwise. Reek knew. emotion_awesome Reek Reek it rhymes with leek.

I also want Danny to get her sh*t together and reclaim her dragons. emotion_donotwant She made some seriously poor choices. But I do admit I don't blame her for sending Jorah away but at the same time he was the only one who offered any real good advice and genuinely meant the best for her in the end in a way. In so many ways she did deserve losing her dragons as she bit off waaaaaaaay more than she could chew so to speak and didn't really deal with any issues well enough.

Tactical Superhero

yeah i genuinely feel that sansa is going to make it pretty well. I mean she's put through a lot. I wonder how she's gonna make it though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff