Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, next Tuesday Nintendo is having a special Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct..here is my theory:

There are a bunch of GBA games hitting the Wii U this month, among them are:

Advance Wars
Metroid Fusion
F-Zero: MV
Warioware Inc.
Golden Sun
Yoshi's Island: SMA 3
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

Now, new characters are usually announced when their respective franchise comes out with a new game. So far Capt. Falcon, Yoshi, Zero Suit Samus, and Wario have all not been re-announced as returning characters, and they all have a respective game that is coming out this month.

Now, I also think (HOPE) we'll see some new characters, possibly Isaac, Ridley, or someone from Advance Wars maybe.

Anyways, thoughts?

Lightbringer

I think Captain Falcon and Zero Suit Samus will return. I've been hoping for Isaac for a while, but I'm mildly doubtful.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
I doubt Ridley would be a playable character - he's too big.
i doubt issac will be in it since in his own series he was already replaced and as much as i loooove advance wars i don't see any of their characters being in the game seeing how they actually don't do anything in the games

as for ridley no just no

Witty Genius

Direct wil be a mini recap of everything share to Miiverse so far, Yoshi announced as a returning character a new character is revealed. We may or may not get a release date/month/season. they announce a bundle with the WiiU and 3DS packaged together. a special edition Wiiu and or 3DS.

Ruthless Rogue

Im a fan of Advance wars. But what exactly would a CO do?

Lonely Phantom

I only wish to see Ness and Captain Falcon return.

Married Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I don't care about any other character other then Marth. If he ain't in the game it ain't worth picking up in my opinion. He is the only character I play as really.
What I don't get is why is the WiiU getting all these GBA titles when we all know the 3DS can handle them as well?

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hito the Exiled
What I don't get is why is the WiiU getting all these GBA titles when we all know the 3DS can handle them as well?

Because the 3DS is rolling in sales money while the Wii U can use all the good reasons for people to buy one that it can get.
IMO, I think putting these games on the Wii U E-shop was the smarter idea, if they want to help give people more reasons to own the console.
I actually have a thread discussing all the character rumors - a fan tweeted at Sakurai not too long ago asking for him to include Geno, Isaac and Mega Man into the game and Sakurai replied saying "2 of 3" and since Mega Man has been announced and SE refuses to share rights for Geno it's obviously Isaac, plus he's a big fan favorite. I'd say if there are character reveals it'd be along the lines of Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Isaac, Ridley, and also there are leaked images of palutena, Chrom and Shulk. Any of these characters are the most plausible at this point.
Honestly I think theyre about out of new SSB characters to reveal. Hence why Reveals have been so lame.

I seriously think the Reggie character will happen as well. It's definitely a unique idea and Reggie himself has nodded to it and sounds interested.

You know what really drives me crazy though is when theres this huge reveal... "Introducing Geno!" and has this awesome trailer of him shooting beams, wrecking s**t, doing all sorts of crazy moves.... "ASSIST TROPHY"

I *do not* care about ******** Assist Trophies.
smashbrolink
Hito the Exiled

Because the 3DS is rolling in sales money while the Wii U can use all the good reasons for people to buy one that it can get.
IMO, I think putting these games on the Wii U E-shop was the smarter idea, if they want to help give people more reasons to own the console.

I didn't mean just stick them on the 3DS and not the WiiU. I meant porting them to both systems.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hito the Exiled
smashbrolink
Hito the Exiled

I didn't mean just stick them on the 3DS and not the WiiU. I meant porting them to both systems.

In either case, it comes down to the same thing, though; having them on both systems means most would opt for the 3DS version, when it's the Wii U that needs the attention.
This is a way of Nintendo trying to prioritize the Wii U, because the 3DS is still on a grand roll right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff