Welcome to Gaia! ::

Project NPC Apprentice?

Love it how it is 0.030927835051546 3.1% [ 3 ]
Wish it only granted items and tickets 0.39175257731959 39.2% [ 38 ]
I would buy it but I refuse to buy GG 0.072164948453608 7.2% [ 7 ]
I would buy it but I refuse to spend cash 0.072164948453608 7.2% [ 7 ]
I have interest but do not want to contribute to inflation. 0.23711340206186 23.7% [ 23 ]
I have no interest. 0.19587628865979 19.6% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 97 ]
< 1 2

Feral Kitten

9,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Pewpewkachu
TheGazSpaz
I felt really bad. I wasn't trying to get gold, just the ticket. But it ended up giving me over 500 million gold...

Yeah, this is most people's issue. They could have EASILY put the tickets in a non gold generator RIG, but they've chose not to, repeatedly, which shows where their priorities lie pretty clearly, IMO.

Gaia: Guys, people aren't buying enough gold generators. Quick, give them the incentive of something shiny! We need to ruin the gold economy FASTER, so we can start milking them for more cash!

How can I not be convinced it's at this point intentional; clearly they just want the virtual economy to become worthless. It's really disturbing....

Distinct Lunatic

Just leaving this here. sums up everything gaia's become expertly

eiffel 65 - too much of heaven

Feral Kitten

9,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Any down voters please explain.

Feral Kitten

9,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
People who "love it" also please explain. Otherwise I'm assuming you are a troll, an idiot, ill-informed or extremely selfish. neutral

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
It would be a cool feature if we had it as an item generator instead. That way Gaians still have a chance of earning a rare item and selling it if they want and they can still earn a ticket. I think it is a reasonable thing to ask for not so much getting rid of gold generators, but get rid of the gold granting aspect of it. It's like if someone likes burgers but has an allergy to tomatoes and asks a fast food place to take them out, yet the fast food restaurant leaves them in anyways despite the customer's request. So why is Gaia ignoring Gaians for months about getting rid of the massive gold granting? It's an easy thing to do and only excuse I see why it is still done is for money, nothing else. Gaia has the coding to do rigs and the company can still profit off of them. The community is tired of the product and Gaia could gain more profit if they listened to Gaians regarding this much demanded request. Sooner or later every Gaian is going to stop buying them because the gold amount will never be enough to keep up with inflation. Gaians are already complaining about the 1 million gold grant being enough. How weak does the value of virtual gold have to get for Gaia to stop selling them? The breaking point of the virtual currency is what I'm interested in seeing. Like seeing when there will not be a large enough community left on Gaia to support the company financially, will the gold generators stop then? I suggested the item bundles and they seem to be selling well, so please take the advice of an accounting graduate Gaia that gold generators are not a long lasting profitable product and the switch to item generator is going to have to be made sooner or later. I remember talking to biglanky once that sometimes you can't make everyone happy in the community, so in those situations, it is best to compromise with the community best he could. Even though he no longer works for the company, I think if staff and community would communicate and compromise with one another again, the feel of the community would improve again.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
If anyone wants to use their gold for a gold sink, I'm buying up a ton of D Tails from DC before they leave forever on April 8th. You could help donate. Details in sig

I dunno what is wrong with Gaia.

Agent Noob

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
Gaia sucks now.

Lonely Phantom

Well, the only ones that could really stop inflation and save Gaia are us. If people stop buying Gold Generators and spending their Gold in GS or better yet, give some to the poor and new comers, then Inflation would go down, the economy stabilizing and everyone would be happy again. We need to help each other, what's the point of being in a community if you won't even help others?

I don't know if the guys at HQ are stupid or just intentionally ignoring user feedback. I mean, is it really that hard to understand the situation? You release lots of Gold into the economy, prices go up, people need to buy more Gold Gens to buy the already expensive items, prices go up again, people start to lose interest and leave. Low Consumer Base = Low Income. Low Income = Low Profit. Low Profit = Firing Of Staff because you can't sustain more staff. Less Staff = Less Productivity.
Less Productivity = Less Income.

Enduring Elder

8,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Lux Caeruleus
Well, the only ones that could really stop inflation and save Gaia are us. If people stop buying Gold Generators and spending their Gold in GS or better yet, give some to the poor and new comers, then Inflation would go down, the economy stabilizing and everyone would be happy again. We need to help each other, what's the point of being in a community if you won't even help others?

I don't know if the guys at HQ are stupid or just intentionally ignoring user feedback. I mean, is it really that hard to understand the situation? You release lots of Gold into the economy, prices go up, people need to buy more Gold Gens to buy the already expensive items, prices go up again, people start to lose interest and leave. Low Consumer Base = Low Income. Low Income = Low Profit. Low Profit = Firing Of Staff because you can't sustain more staff. Less Staff = Less Productivity.
Less Productivity = Less Income.

I think the problem is, that SF isn't the majority of Gaia. I don't know why there are so many Gaians who still believe they actually make profit from Gold Gens, but it just seems as there are, and they are ruining all of us. So Gaia will make income all of the time, and the number of people REALLY leaving and not just saying they quit is probably pretty small...
The only thing that can save us is the HQ in the end. They have to stop this madness and find other ways to make money with Gaia. But to me this looks like their last desperate try to actually profit from this page... and if it doesn't go well anymore, they will just abandon ship I suppose.. I'd be sad to see this site go.

Unicorn

Diosu
I also have to question what kind of a business owner would decide to hire someone based on how lucky or rich they are. Instead of, you know, the normal hiring process of doing an application, sending in a resume, and doing an interview (though it would have to be over the internet). I think it would be better to make it like CrosStitch where you have to pay to send in a submission, only this time you would have to pay to send in an application.

This is exactly how cronyism works in the wonderful world of high finance and government. There is a perpetual rotating door between politicians, lobbyists, and CEO's. Maybe the shopkeepers are just taking bribes under the table from their friends? rofl

Thinking of it this way just made the whole thing a lot more lulzy for me, thanks.
Well if only gaia actually gave a ********.

Lonely Phantom

Gilbert Nightray
I think the problem is, that SF isn't the majority of Gaia. I don't know why there are so many Gaians who still believe they actually make profit from Gold Gens, but it just seems as there are, and they are ruining all of us. So Gaia will make income all of the time, and the number of people REALLY leaving and not just saying they quit is probably pretty small...
The only thing that can save us is the HQ in the end. They have to stop this madness and find other ways to make money with Gaia. But to me this looks like their last desperate try to actually profit from this page... and if it doesn't go well anymore, they will just abandon ship I suppose.. I'd be sad to see this site go.

Yeah, that's why I said if all of us would stop buying these things, then the company wouldn't earn any profit from it. If the don't earn any profit, they'd either stop releasing gold gens OR release more of it with higher rewards. Those two are the only things I could see happening.We can still help each other, I still have faith in humanity xd I too don't want this site to go down. This is just such a great place and the way it's changing, it's heartbreaking.

Kawaii Noob

7,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Hero 100
Quote:
Wish it only granted items and tickets

This is my biggest problem. I have to admit, it did get me to buy the gold generator for the chance at a golden ticket. I felt bad, so I sunk the gold in derni cri.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff