Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Why i think this?

Everything is about new items nowadays

I am questioning the original staff; what are you guys doing?
Was this what you wanted the site to become?
Everyone is trying to get money, the marketplace it OUT OF CONTROL, 7 announcements A DAY -telling the "users" (now called Cashcows) to use their actual money to purchase your pixels.

I thought this site was about community, about talking and discussing, fans joining together to have a good time, getting to know each other, compete in events and chat in forums

Obviously it is not.
It is about; How much money can Gaia get out of it's once-called-users.

There are still many bugs on the site which needs tending to
There are hoards of old items with bugs which needs tending to
There are TONS of features the users want, which you will not give, which you won't even consider

So i agree with others i have seen speak about gaia's handling of things; you don't care about your users any more
and soon, the site will have nothing to do with it's original purpose
-if it will even survive another couple of years, i don't see that happening

I mean; what NEW members would like to be greeted by 40+ announcements a week, telling them to buy things with real money,
which NEW member, wouldn't panic about the prices in the marketplace?

The only reason i still hang around is in hopes of finding people to roleplay with, but seeing how Gaia is handling things, i suppose i should need to look for a new place soon
I just wish i could have a refund, since the things i've spent money on just isn't worth anything any more, they used to feel special- but there's so much new item-crap on the site that they've completely lost their feel of "unique"-ness to them.

My point; Gaia online cares more about money than anything else.

Gekko

They actually left pretty clear they were turning into a corporation, they sold out basically.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Most of the original staff are no longer with us (though I question who you mean by "original staff"...). All of the original founders except Lanzer left. Also, the original staff aren't the ones calling the shots--management are. Artists, developers, and admins just do their jobs. And also, the site IS still about those. The forums are still free. We can STILL talk and discuss. Fans can STILL join together to have a good time. We can STILL get to know each other. We can STILL chat in forums. Sure, they're pushing out cash announcements after cash announcements, but we don't have to buy them. I know most people aren't like me, but whenever I look at an artist's post history, their latest post is in the item glitch thread telling people what item(s) they've fixed. There's a developer who regularly posts in the BR&TS forum (not to ALL threads, but he's still active) and fixing any issues he can.

Dapper Visionary

It was fun finding out that within a month my account worth went up from around 12 or 21 million to 4 billion with the most recent gold generators they released.
Oh wait. Just checked. In a week I went up by another billion. I like how they claim that the economy on here isn't being ruined by the gold generators, when basic economics will tell you that if you release a shitload of money into the economy, it lowers its value.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Teabo Milk Tea
Most of the original staff are no longer with us (though I question who you mean by "original staff"...). All of the original founders except Lanzer left. Also, the original staff aren't the ones calling the shots--management are. Artists, developers, and admins just do their jobs. And also, the site IS still about those. The forums are still free. We can STILL talk and discuss. Fans can STILL join together to have a good time. We can STILL get to know each other. We can STILL chat in forums. Sure, they're pushing out cash announcements after cash announcements, but we don't have to buy them.

-more important though; we can't ignore them either

i wonder what happened with that "autocash= no ads"
-this, however, do no apply to announcements

as for the original staff, i have no idea who they might be, but things have gone brown the past 2-3 years

Dapper Visionary

Konani_NTH
Teabo Milk Tea
Most of the original staff are no longer with us (though I question who you mean by "original staff"...). All of the original founders except Lanzer left. Also, the original staff aren't the ones calling the shots--management are. Artists, developers, and admins just do their jobs. And also, the site IS still about those. The forums are still free. We can STILL talk and discuss. Fans can STILL join together to have a good time. We can STILL get to know each other. We can STILL chat in forums. Sure, they're pushing out cash announcements after cash announcements, but we don't have to buy them.

as for the original staff, i have no idea who they might be, but things have gone brown the past 2-3 years

I miss when new items would be on the marketplace for 20k. And now they're going up for 1 billion brand new.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Warped Perspectiv
It was fun finding out that within a month my account worth went up from around 12 or 21 million to 4 billion with the most recent gold generators they released.
Oh wait. Just checked. In a week I went up by another billion. I like how they claim that the economy on here isn't being ruined by the gold generators, when basic economics will tell you that if you release a shitload of money into the economy, it lowers its value.

I wish i could have a refund on the years i've put on this site,
not too actively, but i've contributed- money, time,

it's only these most recent years that each 5th post of mine is the increased distaste i get from being a member of this place,
-the other 4 are me trying to find people to roleplay with,
it's pretty much the only good.....decent.... uh- not terrible, thing left on this site..

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Warped Perspectiv
Konani_NTH
Teabo Milk Tea

I miss when new items would be on the marketplace for 20k. And now they're going up for 1 billion brand new.

sounds like pure dreaming nowadays

-i wonder if you could hire some groups of hackers to take over the site and disable gaia cash...
-i wonder what would happen...

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Konani_NTH
Teabo Milk Tea

I don't know what you mean by "things have gone brown the past 2-3 years". It's only been in the last year that inflation started to spiral out of control. confused

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Teabo Milk Tea
Konani_NTH
Teabo Milk Tea

I don't know what you mean by "things have gone brown the past 2-3 years". It's only been in the last year that inflation started to spiral out of control. confused

started to spiral out of control-
it's armageddon + apocalypse slimy lovemaking on this site nowadays, things haven't gotten our of control, things've imploded on themselves..

but yeah, no, i think it all started with the first RIG..... possibly the first evolving item,
since the site had existed before either of those two things came around,

Unstoppable Krampus

Konani_NTH
-i wonder if you could hire some groups of hackers to take over the site and disable gaia cash...

Since you'd be ******** with a company's financial affairs, you'd probably get slapped with some kind of legal action. In addition to having all and any future accounts banned forever, of course. And what would be the point? If you hate the site that much, wouldn't it be easier to save your time and money and just ignore it?

User Image

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Twisted Lady
Konani_NTH

Since you'd be ******** with a company's financial affairs, you'd probably get slapped with some kind of legal action. In addition to having all and any future accounts banned forever, of course. And what would be the point? If you hate the site that much, wouldn't it be easier to save your time and money and just ignore it?

User Image

less the site, more what's happened to it since the gaia-cash hysteria

i liked how it used to be, it was nice and people could go about their own pace,
now it's just announcement this- announcement that, all of them are about how the banks want us to spend more money on them..

-and it's hard to find places with people i like to chat with,

Dapper Visionary

Konani_NTH
Warped Perspectiv
Konani_NTH
Teabo Milk Tea

Actually there was one guy I befriended who used a script for one of the easter events where it told users to log in again to save their eggs. He ended up getting the login info for one of the admin accounts and posted an announcement mocking everyone.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Warped Perspectiv
Konani_NTH
Warped Perspectiv
Konani_NTH
Teabo Milk Tea

Actually there was one guy I befriended who used a script for one of the easter events where it told users to log in again to save their eggs. He ended up getting the login info for one of the admin accounts and posted an announcement mocking everyone.

wuw, even got an admin

still, it would be so much nicer if the site wasn't focused on items, but on the users- like events,

and when was the last time we had an actual manga update ?!

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Telepathic Star
They actually left pretty clear they were turning into a corporation, they sold out basically.
Gaia became a corporation a long a** while ago. It just so happens that we got a s**t tier COO and he won't rest until he snags his money and flees the sinking(?) site. Like he does with every other business in his resume.

That said, the most we can do is ride this turbulent wave until the next COO comes along and realizes that s**t needs to get fixed in order to establish a userbase well and proper.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff