Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/01/lego-leads-children-to-the-dark-side-priest-warns-parents-plastic-blocks-are-the-tools-of-satan-4685487/
"It’s a toy that brings hours of enjoyment to millions of children all over the world.

But according to one priest, Lego is the work of the devil.

Parents in Poland have received a stark warning about the dangers of letting their children play with the plastic bricks.

Father Slawomir Kostrzewa has revealed Lego is, in fact, a tool of Satan that can lead children to the dark side and destroy their souls.

Yes, it came as a shock to us too. Who knew the building blocks could be so menacing?

Although we’re somewhat relieved to note that Fr Kostrzewa’s warnings currently only extend to Lego’s series of Monster Fighters and Zombie mini-figures.

He went on to claim the Danish toy company’s figures ‘were about darkness and the world of death’ from which children needed protecting, the Telegraph reports.

In a presentation, Fr Kostrzewa added: ‘Friendly fellows have been replaced by dark monsters. These toys can have a negative effect on children. They can destroy their souls and lead them to the dark side.’

He also referenced some research undertaken by a New Zealand university which found that Lego figures’ facial expressions had become angrier over the years (sounds like money well-spent) which made them look more evil.

Lego is not the only toy to be criticised by the priest - he has also previously hit out at Hello Kitty and My Little Pony.

Given his preoccupation with the ‘dark side’ one wonders what Fr Kostrzewa makes of Lego’s Star Wars range?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I just don't understand people like this; they think everything that vaguely has to do with something fantasy or magical is Satanic. Harry Potter? Satanic. Twilight? Satanic. Pokemon? Satanic. Next thing you know, freaking Cinderella will be Satanic because it features a fairy.

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Young King under Heaven
I just don't understand people like this; they think everything that vaguely has to do with something fantasy or magical is Satanic. Harry Potter? Satanic. Twilight? Satanic. Pokemon? Satanic. Next thing you know, freaking Cinderella will be Satanic because it features a fairy.
They were already saying that Frozen is trying to turn girls into lesbians.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
rmcdra
Young King under Heaven

Yeah, I heard that too. It just gets hard to watch

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Young King under Heaven
rmcdra
Young King under Heaven

Yeah, I heard that too. It just gets hard to watch
When one is looking for demons without testing spirits one will find them everywhere they are not and ignore the one's hiding in one's heart. I'm sure you already know this so I'm probably preaching to the choir.

Greedy Consumer

Young King under Heaven
they obviously dont get out muhc besides everyone listening to their hysteria on a regular basis, which brings out the shittyness of the priest, everything he wants to even consider, he will think is preach-worthy now.

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
twisted *smiles and laughs evilly* twisted

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
rmcdra
Young King under Heaven

Sisters - now lesbians.

Did this guy come to the same conclusion about Thor and Loki? Because the fangirls sure have cool

But seriously, he's probably just butthurt that both the main characters are female; I seriously doubt he would be pitching a fit if they were male. Because, of course, girls need boys to put them in context; otherwise they start getting ideas, like there is an existence outside of their relationships with men xp

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
catspook

Sisters - now lesbians.

Did this guy come to the same conclusion about Thor and Loki? Because the fangirls sure have cool
I wouldn't doubt it.

Quote:
But seriously, he's probably just butthurt that both the main characters are female; I seriously doubt he would be pitching a fit if they were male. Because, of course, girls need boys to put them in context; otherwise they start getting ideas, like there is an existence outside of their relationships with men xp
Probably that's what they are bitching about. The guy who is complaining doesn't give any examples to back his accusations other than it's made by Disney and Satan bought Disney back in 1984.

Seeker

rmcdra
Young King under Heaven

I'm really hoping it does. We seriously need more players for our softball team.

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Hexatonic Scale
rmcdra
Young King under Heaven

I'm really hoping it does. We seriously need more players for our softball team.
In the spirit of M&R, I'm going to ask for proof that lesbians are more inclined to play softball XD

Super Cyclops

Okay, I didn't hear that one, and I live smack in the middle of Poland. Not to mention the "lybral polish-language media" would jump on such a story immediately. You sure this isn't an april fools thing? But then again all I get from Polish media recently is Ukraine and Putin so...

Then again knowing the priest in question I'd expect something like that (there was a huge turmoil over his Hello Kitty and My Little Pony comments).

This may be an old story but did ya hear this tiny joke:
- What's the formal greeting among Satanists?
- Hello, Kitty.
xp

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
I just noticed, the article is dated April 1st. Also something like this would actually make worldwide headlines. So yeah, "April Fools"?

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Just wait until he encounters Minecraft.

Aged Lunatic

Oh Christianity, you so cray-cray. 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas