Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Rogue

I x w a n t x a n x u n w a v e r i n g x l o v e
E v e n x t h o u g h x I x k n o w x t h a t ’ s x s e l f i s h x t h i n k i n g
E v e n x i f x o u r x r e l a t i o n s h i p x h a s x n o x f u t u r e
User Image

User Image

F a i t h xA n n x L e e
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
I x d o n ’ t x c a r e x i f x i t ’ s x a x l i e
I x w a n t x y o u x e v e n x f o r x a n x i n s t a n t

Faith gave a light laugh at his question about having both. "If you want both I don't see why not. I'll even bring out different samples of the syrups so you can have your own little smorgasbord." She said writing it down. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Faulkner." She said then walked away for a moment and put his order in.

She walked back over to him and pulled over a few lemons and started cutting them after washing her hands. "Your constant need to move doesn't bother me, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions." She commented as she focused on her task as his tapping continued. She smiled the whole time she cut and prepared the lemon for later nights use. "Everyone has their own ticks and quirks. Movement appears to be one of yours." She said her blue eyes looking up at him for a moment then back down at her work.

She was quite listening to the chatter of the people in the bar. She didn't look up again until he commented about her past comment about life. Her lips parted slightly and she gave him slightly crooked smile and side glace. "You make it sound as if you're an old man." She giggled. "But. . . I can only hope that I can keep my determination . . . then again. . .There are so many wonderful things out there so if you look close enough you can find wonder in a single drop of water." She said then herd the food bell ring.

She walked away and was gone for a few moments, she came back out holding a tray. She placed his food infront of him and 6 different small cups of syrups. "You have, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, apple cinnamon, banana walnut and strawberry rhubarb. Oh and a glass of orange juice will make breakfast taste a whole lot better then rum and coke, trust me." She said sliding his "adult" drink away from him but still within reach and pushing the orange juice to him instead. "If you don't think so, then your meal's on me." She said with a bright smile.

She then turned her attention back to her work. "So . . . not to pry or anything and you don't have to answer me or anything but. . . .how much do you know about dragons?" She asked casually. The previous bartender roll their eyes and elbowed her in the side. "This one is a dragon nut, she found a golden dragon egg and she has no clue if it will hatch or not, she has it kept in a incubator doing as much research as she can. I keep telling her it's dead but she won't listen. "It's not dead, I told you maybe my incubator isn't hot enough or maybe it's too hot. . ." She sighed softly. She looked back at Edan. "N-never mind." She said then quickly grabbed a rag then walked away. She was blushing from embarrassment as she cleaned the tables.
Shiverwar

Devoted Duck

xxxxxxxxxxUser Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxXX

• Dyani sat up in her booth with interest when something caught her eye. A man, exiting an alley with a large object strapped to his back. The rest of the humans that passed her by were boring, useless. So like the rest she had killed, but this one stood apart. She wondered what the package could be, or why he was trying to hide it. She smilled, her elongated forefangs glinting in the light before she stood, stepping up to blend in with the crowd. She followed him for a little while, curious more than anything. Perhaps he would be her mark for the night. Most who caught her eye didn’t live to see the sunrise again. She gauged his stature, the way he carried himself before she decided. She would add him to her collection, and she’d keep whatever he had in that bag for herself.

While a river dragon, she was still a dragon and deep down in the river, through an underwater passage she had her hoard. Coins and jewelry, silver and gold, things that caught her eye or drifted down the river. She guarded them with her life, jealously and viciously. Grinning ear to ear, she adjust her bag on her shoulder before she wiped the smile from her face, opting instead for a sly, flirty smirk. Dyani stepped up beside the man with the white hair and the large bag before tapping him on the shoulder. When he turned, she blushed and fidgeted with her jacket, pausing for a moment to find the words. “Uh, hi. Sorry, I know this is really awkward and sudden….but would you want to get breakfast with me?” She blurted out the second half of the sentence, her blush deepening. “I know it’s kind of weird, but I hate to eat alone and there’s a really nice pub right across the street…and you were just there so, what do you say?” She looked up at him, her smile softening.

Say yes you fool. Human filth. Her flirtatious smile never wavered, her pale blue eyes wandering over his face while she waited for him to respond. Well, if she was going to kill someone, at least this one was cute. The last man she’d drowned not because she’d selected him but because he’d ‘selected’ her. She had been lounging on the stones that lined the river, splashing her human feet in the water while she contemplated making the change to return to the riverbed when he’d come up behind her. Fat and hulking in form, he’d wrapped his arms around her waist and tried to drag her away from the water. His wandering hands never saw daylight again. She suspected they’d find his body in a day or two. She often regretted leaving their corpses in the river, but when the fish fed on them it made her smile. At least they enjoyed her work.

Dyani smile faltered a little when he didn’t answer her immediately. “I mean, if you’re busy I understand…I don’t want to be a bother. I just thought maybe it would be nice to have some company…ya know? I'm Dyani, by the way.” She looked at him, feigning human embarrassment while holding out her hand to shake. Her fingers were long and thin, with the nails painted a deep blue. The watery eyes and pink spots along her cheekbones as any human female would react upon thinking they were being rejected. At that moment she ache’d to feel her talons dig into his flesh while his body convulsed. To feel him struggle as the water filled his lungs. Her heartbeat sped up slightly, the excitement of the hunt descending on her. She hoped he’d take her excitement for nervousness at the prospect of approaching such an obviously attractive male ape. Ha.

She sincerely missed the days when her people were more plentiful. She had not seen a male river dragon in nearly a century, and even then he’d been a whiny, sniveling old lizard. She’d been forced to kill him. She only hoped that perhaps there was another one somewhere in the world. She knew if he was still alive, she’d find him eventually. Or even if she was the last river dragoness she would survive. Dyani was strong, independent, and would not lower herself to mate with the humans. The idea disgusted her.

Outfit: Day Outfit
OOC: It's a little short, but my next one will be better!

Neko Narcotics

xxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Dapper Cat

User Image

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Argyros Theron
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇

At this point the man was getting mighty testy. The thought of theft not being above him at this point. Hell, there wasn't any work for a guy like him in a place like this. He didn't have a speck of whatever they used to purchase the food either. It was quite the predicament he found himself in. Raising his hand to his chin, he tucked his other arm under his forearm. It was his thinking stance. Sort of like a combat stance for thinking. He'd picked it up from some guy some time back, and it accidentially became a habit. For god knows how long, he stood there, before deciding that being noble wouldn't help him if he died of starvation. Before he could go and do the deed, however, he was intrrupted, by a small woman.

Glancing over his shoulder, he turned to face the girl curiously as she spoke. When she finished, he just stood there, staring at her. While normally, one would consider this a little odd, he didn't know much about this place. Maybe it was a custom, that or someone was out to get him already. Nasty buisness, dragon hunting. One had to deal with the supporters and dragons alike, and hell, forget welcoming parties, they'd sooner cut off your head than listen to your opinion, that or put a bullet in you with their little metal shooter things. Dangerous, but when they ran out, he had the tendency of running them through with his blade and well, hell. This girl, wouldn't put up much of a fight with a form like hers. It made him wonder though, her slinky form made sense if she hated to eat alone. Almost frowning, he turned his gaze to the pub for a moment before shrugging. Didn't hurt, starving to death wasn't an option, and he'd rather not resort to theivery.

Turning his attention back to her as his lack of a prompt response seemed to throw her into a fit of embarrasment, he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck and grasping her hand lamely. "Alex." he replied bluntly turning a gaze that almost resembled a glare towards the club. "But would it be alright if we ate outside, I'm not sure they'll let me in carrying this." he replied, unsure, motioning to the bag on his back. It's being a little over two and two-thirds of a meter long made it stand out. Seemed some mistook it for the weak little metal things. It was much more reliable than the lot of them, but hell, still stood out just as much. Though it wasn't as if he didn't stand out himself, maybe he'd have to look into changing his wardrobe, but he didn't know if it was worth the protection. Either way he wasn't trying to draw any attention to himself. Turning his attention back to her, he continued. "If that's fine with you, I can pay you back somehow for the meal. I don't know what I could do, but I'm sure I can find something to help you with."

... the past can only chase you if you're running from it ...
    ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Ranusha's Senpai

Supreme Combatant

9,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
User Image

Brother, wherever you may be...

...Wherever your path may take you...

...May our paths cross again someday.

Making sure his face was cleaned off as best as possible, Ezra felt his nose, noticing that it was rather sore after what had happened. It was to be expected, though, because he WAS kind of socked in the face... Shaking his head, continued to wander the streets of downtown. He kept on looking around to see various kinds of people roaming the streets, some who looked honest, and others who looked cheap. It was sad that he could not join in many festivities due to his social standing. It sucked being poor sometimes, but he somehow made it work. He decided to head somewhere so he could stay out of reach of the alleyways. Perhaps the cafe would be best for him.

With his decision in mind, Ezra walked on his way to the cafe. Along the way, he noticed a man trying to pick up a woman, while the woman fought back, and rightfully so. Men like that were disgusting. Shaking his head, he continued on. Putting his hands in his pockets once more, his long coat covered his knife as he made his way towards the cafe. Unfortunately, he knew he couldn't go inside without raising some eyebrows, due to his patched-up clothing and his rather down-on-luck appearance. Instead of walking in, he simply sat against the outside wall of the cafe, somehow smiling about the situation. Having nothing but his clothes and his knife, Ezra had developed a love for life that those born into rich families could not understand. It was as if his poor situation and low social standing made him numb to the sadness of his situation. That, or his determination to reunite with his brother one day was enough to keep him going each day. No one that was not in his situation currently or before would understand, but he was content nonetheless. His golden hair flowing with the gentle breeze, he kept his rear-end planted on the ground near the cafe, watching as the people passed by. Little did he know that one of the people he passed might come into contact with him.

With: No one

Thoughts/Mood: *Humming*/Content

OoC: Number 7: Orochi.

User Image

-l- Sunrete -l-

Sensational Lunatic

14,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Friendly 100
User Image

User Image

“Roses and thorns are parts of the same plant.
Somehow though, some people are concerned mainly about the roses.
The rose is not on the plant for more than a week,
But the thorns are there forever.

After making her arrival at the cafe, Alora stopped her pacing as she stands before the shop itself, gasping rapidly as she tries catching her breath from running the rest of the way here,

"There's my work out for the day.."she mumbles to herself, gasping a little more. As soon as her breathing was under control, Alora walked inside as she noticed her manager standing behind the counter, brewing coffee from one machine to another,

"I'm sorry I'm late sir. I got delayed on my way here."she says as she then tries to explain her story to him. Alora was always glad to have someone like this man as her manager. He was a kind hearted man who understands situations with what Alora just went through to get here. After talking with her boss, Alora ready herself for opening as she stores all her belongings in the back, grabbing an apron as she ties it onto her. Now working through the clock as the cafe soon opens when her first couple of customers walk in. Alora stopped herself from cleaning the table tops as she looks over at her customers and greets them with a friendly smile,

"Good morning and welcome. Please feel free to find wherever you all may like to sit and adjust yourselves and I will be with you shortly with a menu."she says as she then walks away from the couple to let them seat themselves and she walks be over at the counter, grabbing two of the menus as she then walks back over to the couple as they were already seated and adjusted,

"Here you go and may I start on asking what you both would like that start off with as a beverage?"she asks nicely as she awaits their answer. Letting them look through the menu thoroughly, Alora took her eyes away from the couple as she then looks over to side, there her eyes were staring outside the cafe, seeing a young man dressed in a rugged outfit. Never once seen this man before but from the look of it, it seems he had it bad in life.. Sort of like one of thos homeless people she would see wandering around through the streets.. Especially during the night. Just looking at the man outside, she couldn't help but feel a bit of sorrow for him. Taking her eyes away from the man as she looks back at the couple, they had then given their orders to her. Writing their orders, Alora then left the couple to themselves as she walks behind the counter, getting the customers on what they ordered. It didn't take long for Alora to gather their orders altogether as she carries it all to them. Showing their gratitude towards Alora's service, Alora smiled as she then went back to her duties but while doing so her mind was set on other things such as that man outside.. Just watching him standing out there... It bothered her very much. Sighing softly as her tender heart of hers had taken possession of her that very instant as she grabbed a couple of cream cheese muffins,wrapping and placing them in a bag and poured a small cup of warm hot cocoa. Soon enough the caring young woman walks outside the cafe where she was now standing before the man as she looked at him quietly.. He indeed did look rather defenseless and looked as if he was in some need of help,

"Good morning. Sorry to appear on your so sudden but I couldn't help but see you outside the cafe. The first time of me seeing you but here. It's on me."she says as she holds out the cup of hot cocoa and the bag with the two muffins in it.

Roses are teaching that the beauty of life will bloom,
Once you have taught yourself the lessons
Given by living with the thorns.”

Shiverwar

Ranusha's Senpai

Supreme Combatant

9,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
User Image

Brother, wherever you may be...

...Wherever your path may take you...

...May our paths cross again someday.

Sitting outside of the cafe, humming softly to himself, Ezra set his hand on his knee. Looking over the people of the town, he smiled as he looked at the children playing nearby. Some looked like they were having quite a bit of fun, others seemed like they wanted to be away from their parents. He could even hear some of the children whining when their parents kept them from the other children. Laughing softly, he looked at the cafe door. It was a shame that he could not go in and buy some food himself, but he would just have to live with it. Whistling a tune, he would seem like he was crazy to some other people, but he didn't mind. A shame some people weren't kind to him. Most passed by him without a word, others called him harsh names because of his position. Sighing after having been literally spat on by a passerby, he forced himself to keep his smile.

As he sat at the wall, Ezra heard a sound coming from the door beside him. When he looked up, he saw a rather enchanting young woman with gorgeous lavender hair and soothing eyes approach him from the inside of the cafe. When she stopped in front of him and offered him a bag of food and a mug of hot cocoa, he, at first, was somewhat surprised at this offering, but then, as if to respect her offering, he calmly took the bag and mug from her hands. "A good morning indeed, considering... Thank you for the offer, kind madam. This is the first time I've been on the premises of this establishment, and I have to say the aroma from the indoors smells delightful." Keeping his seat at the wall, he set the mug aside and reached into the bag to pull out a cream cheese muffin. Taking a small, paced bite of it, he made a soft moan in delight, as if it was one of the greater things he had tasted in a while. "This is delicious, it is. Haven't had something this tasty in a while. I know you said it was on you, but I do wish I could repay you for your kindness and caring. That's what helps make the world continue spinnin', I say, kindness and love. I don't mean to be intrusive, but might I have your name? Mine's Ezra." With a bright smile, he looked up at the woman with very content eyes.

With: A woman (Alora)

Thoughts/Mood: Ah, so tasty~!/Happy

OoC: Number 4: (Master Chief face)

User Image

-l- Sunrete -l-

Devoted Duck

xxxxxxxxxxUser Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxXX

• After he’d released her hand she laughed and clapped her hands together, for the first time not having to pretend that she was excited he’d accepted her offer. “Sure, outside is no problem at all. I actually prefer it.” She grinned, careful to keep her lips covering the worst tips of her fangs. She didn’t want to give herself away just yet, all things considered. The best part about killing the humans was their dumbfound look of surprise as she reared out of the river, her long slim body arching in the air, like an angered cat. Smiling widely, she took his hand firmly and led him to the pub. She peeked inside the door and waved to a waitress inside. “Hello! We’re going to be sitting at the tables outside, could you bring us some menus?” She grinned, though internally she was cackling. After all, it was only fitting that the humans would serve her. Though when her eyes settled on the dark haired woman and the older man, her heart skipped a beat. Well well, I thought you were all dead. Her smile widened as she gave the man at the bar a little wave. “Though, take your time. I didn’t mean to interrupt your conversation.” With those as her parting words she backed out of the bar and returned her attention to Alex.

“Here, this one looks nice.” She pointed to a small table that was pressed up against the wall of the building. Letting go of his hand she pulled out a chair and sat down, careful not to spill the contents of her bag. Her gun, an extra two clips, and some fruit in a small plastic bag were all shoved into her leather bag. Another keepsake from a past victim. The first person she had killed had been a woman, with a lovely fashion sense. In fact, Dyani had kept all of her clothes. She lucked out, her human form and that woman had been the same size. She shrugged off her jacket, baring the bandeau she wore in lieu of a shirt. She had seen them come into style and she couldn’t have been happier when they did. It was a pain to wear a lot of clothes when you were constantly switching between forms. Too much fabric to keep track of.

Her frame was small, but full. She knew the human men often stared at her, she’d actually caught one watching her getting dressed one morning. He thought she was a mermaid or something. The idea was laughable, but he died all the same. She pulled her hair over her shoulders, so that it fell down her front towards her midriff before she leaned forward after Alex had joined her. “So, Alex you said. You don’t have to pay me back. Think of it as a gift, or a trade. Your company for a meal.” She giggled. Actually. Giggled. Ew. I haven’t done that since the sixties and that toxic drug that was so popular back then…LS something or other….still. Ew. Her mind recoiled at her physical actions, but she knew she had to keep up the façade if she had any hope of luring him back to the river. Dyani winked as she spoke. “Unless that isn’t a fair trade, I’m sure I can think of something…else.”

She sure as hell could think of something else. Something that started with ‘D’ and ended with ‘rowning’. Then again, as she brushed her eyes over him, it was such a shame. Maybe she’d keep him as a pet or something for a little while. Of course, after she got a hold of whatever was in the bag. It gave her a weird, uneasy feeling, so naturally, she wanted it. She tapped her fingers on the table, waiting patiently for the menus. “I wonder what the specials are. I love breakfast foods, they’re my favourite. It’s just so uncomfortable to eat alone in this city. Everyone stares.”

Neko Narcotics

Shiverwar

Ninja cafinated_coffee

xxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Ranusha's Senpai

Supreme Combatant

9,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
User Image

When you see the fire in the sky...

...When smoke rises to the heavens...

...That's how you know I'm there.

As he listened to Faith talk, offering to bring out different syrup samples, he nodded in approval."That would be fine, thanks." As he watched her go into the other room, he looked around the room again, almost as if he were expecting something or someone to come in and approach him. It was unusual for him to be so paranoid about things... Sighing deeply, he waited until Faith returned, like there was anything else he COULD do. Keeping his eyes on the people in the bar, he watched as more people came and went. The mere sight of them only made him sigh once more.

When Faith returned, he only listened when she talk about people having their own ticks and quirks. Well, considering he had been in many wars, and the fact that others were out to get him, in an ascension of sorts, to oust him from his powerful position. Then when the food was presented to him, he watched as she also took away his rum and coke and instead pushed to him a glass of orange juice. An unusual switch, but one he was not about to decline. Looking at the different array of syrups, he took off bits of the waffle, dipping each one in the different syrups, using the small pieces of waffle to test them. In the end, he chose the apple cinnamon. He then took a bit of the omelette and tasted that as well. Both were rather nice-tasting. On her bet, he then took a small sip of orange juice. It did indeed make the breakfast complete. Nodding softly, he flashed her a look in his eyes that told her that her bet was won. It was then that he was asked a rather unusual, and rather surprising, question: did he know anything about dragons? As soon as he started answering, he heard her coworker claim that the dragon may be dead. When she said to not mind her question and left to the other tables, he continued to watch her. "A dragon, huh...? What a coincidence..." He turned back to his drinks and his meal. What a coincidence, indeed. Not only was it unusual for a human to have a dragon egg in their possession, but the fact that she asked him about dragons in general... With a small smile, he took more bites out of his omelette and waited for Faith to return to the bar. "Heh... What a world. It just so happens that I may have some information about dragons that you seek, after all..." He softly laughed to himself as he continued to eat, his eyes showing a glimmer of interest.

It was then that he saw a rather curious couple of people enter the establishment. One of them seemed... unusual in her gait, as if she were something else. Hm... curious. She didn't exude human frailty, although she looked just as human as anyone else in the bar. When she waved at him, he merely gave her a nod of acknowledgement. Why, of all the people to wave at, did she choose him? Sighing, he turned back to his meal and slowly ate up. All of a sudden, he felt a slight chill down his spine, but not a chill that signified fear. It was as if he were getting pumped up, but what for? Something's up, but I can't tell what... A shame this place doesn't have the room to support my original frame, otherwise I'd shift right here, right now. Trying to keep his attention focused on his meal, he couldn't ignore the feeling he had. What about that woman was getting to him so badly? "Hrmmh..."

With: Faith (And others)

Thoughts/Mood: Something's wrong.../Confused

OoC:

User Image

Ninja cafinated_coffee

Banriona Ame

Dapper Cat

User Image

Taking his hand, he followed her with the interest a child gave a math problem, his attentions more focused on his surroundings than anything else. It was sad, actually, the lack of attention he gave one offering him a meal, but old habits did so die hard. Shifting, he looked at her for a moment curiously as she informed the waitress of their arrival outside. When she came back out she quickly set to finding them a 'nice' spot to sit down. When they arrived, he was released and moved over to his seat before accidentally knocking it over. Looking at it skeptically for a moment, before bending over and turning his gaze to the underside of the table as he picked it up. Moving it over, he sat down and crossed his arms. Still unsure, his gaze wandered momentarily before she grabbed his attention.

A gift, huh? Leaning forward as she had, he stared at her with a rather piercing gaze. Sounded a little too convenient. Then again, he was being a little too paranoid. Sighing, he stopped and rested his cheek on his hand. It was, however, that very paranoia that kept him alive thus far. "No, I've nothing against a free meal. I'll accept your gift." He replied, bluntly, not comfortable with the idea of sticking around such a giving person too long. He didn't particularly like it when he didn't have to work for things, felt like he was being manipulated. This was different though, it lacked the importance and as far as he knew, no one knew he was in this large place. Either way, trouble seemed to follow him. He didn't care for bothering her with such things if she wasn't going to be the trouble finding him.

Sitting back, he began looking around again. Never hurt to be vigilant, besides this was already a suspicious situation as it was. Turning his gaze back to her as she began tapping on the table, she opted to assault him with small talk. Turning to her again, he listened only blinking. "Stares?" he echoed, "Why?" Sounded like she had her own problems. Oh, goodie. Hopefully she wasn't looking for a bodyguard or to get something of the sort out of him. Just the thought gave him a headache.

Alikzander's Significant Otter

Sparkly Seraph

User Image

"Hear this please,
And watch as your heart speeds up endlessly.
And look for the stars as the sun goes down,
Each breath that you take has a thunderous sound.
Everything, everything's magic.
"

εℓуѕιą яαѕнεℓℓ

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀

User Image
Feet shuffled in a hurried manner as a short young woman of about five feet and two inches, pushed through crowded street. Her head hung low and she was hunched over a bit, her light blond hair shaded her face from onlookers, who side-stepped out of her way. No one really paid her any mind, but that was fine with her. The woman preferred it that way. No it wasn't that she was unfriendly, she just preferred to be alone. Well..actually, lately that wasn't the case...

Once Elysia made her way past the group of people, she straightened her posture and used her index finger to push her bangs out of her face. She'd need to get them cut soon, it was getting to the point where she was holding them out of her eyes with pins. Her feet slowed their pace as she entered the downtown area of the city. Her piercing blue eyes shifted across the street as she felt the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. Her hand clutched at the strap on her bag that rested upon her hip. Her gaze landed on that of a tall dark male, just as he slipped into an alley. Her top teeth bit down nervously on her bottom lip.

"Why is he following me...?" The nearly panicked thought echoed through Elysia's mind. That same man she'd seen by a light post outside her small house on the outskirts of town. Of course, then she'd thought nothing of it. But now..this was the third time she'd noticed his presence. Her icy hues narrowed, and she continued on her way, extremely wary of everyone around her. She decided it was best to get inside a busy building and perhaps stay there until he gave up his pursuit.

Elysia watched as a few people slipped inside a pub. She paused out by the doorway and peered in casually. It was pretty busy. Good. She pushed through the door, the small bell rang making her presence known to the whole pub. She wasn't very fond of that. She looked around, standing on her tip-toes, searching for a seat. Not really wanting to sit in a place that was extremely approachable, she decided at the bar was the best. Making her way over, she glanced at a few people, just as they did to her as she passed by them. But she never let her eyes linger. That indicated conversation. She wasn't really in the mood for that right now.

Elysia took a step on the bar at the bar stool's base so she could successfully get her bottom into the chair. She turned, facing the bar and as she did so, her elbow lightly bumped the arm of the man (whom she'd just noticed) sitting beside her. She glanced at him briefly, taking slight notice of his long hair before she mumbled her apology softly. Her bright sky eyes then shifted towards the entrance when she heard the bell ring, her heart skipped a beat and then sunk when that same man walked through the door.

Immediately she turned her gaze back to the bar, her eyes narrowing staring down at the wood resting beneath her hands. They gripped at one another nervously, her fingers fidgeting with one another. One of the bartenders came up to her and asked what she wanted to drink. The look she gave to Elysia was that of a raised eyebrow. Elysia knew that look. Reaching down into her bag, she shifted for a few moments before she pulled out her I.D. and pushed it across the wood to the bartender. "Rum and coke on the rocks. Not too strong please." The bartender's eyes widened when she looked to Elysia's i.d and then to her. Elysia gave a forced smile. She knew she looked young for her age, and if she had friends, she had a feeling she'd get harassed for it everyday. Not only that, it wasn't even lunch time and she was ordering an alcoholic beverage. Anything to get her nerves to calm. The bartender then returned the smile and went about making the drink. Elysia returned her I.D. to her bag and then pulled out a book instead. The title read: "Dragonborn". Elysia opened the book to her marked page, and let her hand rest upon it. The bartender set down the drink and then left to attend to someone else who was waving her down. Elysia wrapped her hand around the cold glass, brought it to her lips and took a drink. She winced slightly after swallowing. Eck. Still too strong. All well, it would work faster she supposed. She set down the glass on her coaster gently, her hand shifted so her finger played at the edge of the glass idly. But her gaze focused in on the text beneath her fingers as she began to read. Anything to distract her from this eerie, ominous feeling...

▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀

"Just sit back and hold on, but hold on tight,
Prepare for the best and the fastest ride.
Now reach out your hand, and I'll make you mine.
I'll protect you until the end of time.
Everything, everything's magic.
"

Shiverwar

Blonde and beastly's Significant Otter

Dapper Shapeshifter

User Image
----------------------------Zoe Mills

Zoe had stayed up all night searching the internet and catching up on new dramas on Netflix when she should have been working on the essay that her professor assigned to her. What could she say? She was a procrastinator. So she was sleeping in this morning. She didn't have her mother or her grandparents to bother her because she remembered them saying something about being out all day, so she was free to laze around the house if she wanted. After just lying there in bed for a few more moments she felt her muscles get sore. She groaned and decided to get up. She stretched her arms above her head, feeling her back pop and making a little groaning sound that was half a moan. She yawned and smacked her lips, rubbing her eyes tiredly. She peeked past her curtains that were next to her bed and saw that it was a lovely day out, far too lovely to spend all of her time in bed.

While she got up, she heard her bed springs squeak at the loss of weight. She padded over to her closet, barefoot, and dramatically opened the doors. Unfortunately, a lot of her good dresses were in the wash so she couldn't really wear anything cute. She shifted through her jeans; too hot for those. She paused for a moment and thought if she had to work today. She shrugged and picked out a long skirt and a pretty blouse. She would just go in and check. She didn't think that she had any parties scheduled, but she could also be wrong and she would rather not be yelled at by her boss who was already in a foul enough mood as it was, considering that her husband just left her...but Zoe wasn't supposed to know that either so best not to bring it up.

She shrugged to herself and got dressed hurriedly. Spraying herself with perfume so she didn't stink too badly, she rushed out the door, grabbing her purse as she went. As she was walking she went through her purse to make sure that she had everything she needed. Morning medication, asthma inhaler, epipen, and...she dug a little deeper until she found her cellphone and her wallet. She sighed in relief. Zoe had been born very ill and had to spend most of her days being treated and watched over at the hospital. It was only a few years ago that she was allowed to be discharged permanently and she couldn't be happier. That didn't mean she didn't have to go in for frequent checkups and had to take medication. She was still ill, she just didn't have to live in the hospital anymore and she couldn't say she missed the smell of antiseptic. She found the outside world simply fascinating (she was deprived of it most of her life) and every time she walked outside she looked upon everything with a child like fascination. Everything was still so new to her.

As she walked she saw something that caught her eye and made her stop and stare. Walking down the street was a very beautiful warming with long, silky, silvery-white hair. It swung with every confident step she took. This woman looked only a few years older than Zoe but...there was something about the look in her eye. When she looked at her strangely colored red eyes she saw something ancient there, like the woman had seen more than her years allowed. She didn't feel so bad when she saw out of the corner of her eye other people stop and stare, but she wondered if they saw the same thing Zoe was seeing.

She felt an undeniable pull towards her; she wanted to follow her and see where she would go. She wanted to see the mysteries of this woman. However, the ringing of her cellphone snapped her out of it. Zoe very noticeably jumped in surprise and fumbled to get her cellphone out of her purse. She tapped the call button on the screen and put it to her ear. "Hello?" On the other end of the line was her boss, not sounding too happy either. Zoe laughed awkwardly and stuttered out a few quick apologies. She knew she had work today! "I'm on my way over now," she reassured. As soon as she hung up, she ran the rest of the way, completely forgetting about the mysterious, white haired woman.

-l- Sunrete -l-

Devoted Rogue

I x w a n t x a n x u n w a v e r i n g x l o v e
E v e n x t h o u g h x I x k n o w x t h a t ’ s x s e l f i s h x t h i n k i n g
E v e n x i f x o u r x r e l a t i o n s h i p x h a s x n o x f u t u r e
User Image

User Image

F a i t h xA n n x L e e
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
I x d o n ’ t x c a r e x i f x i t ’ s x a x l i e
I x w a n t x y o u x e v e n x f o r x a n x i n s t a n t

Faith looked at the door when the bell rang. A girl popped her head in and gave a waive to her then told her she'd be eating outside. She walked to the bar grabbed 2 menus before another girl walked in. She gave a smile to her. "Morning." She said cheerfully then walked out the door. She saw a male with the female and handed both menus. "Good Morning you 2, Beautiful day to sit outside. Can I start you off with something to drink?" She asked with a smile pulling out a note pad and her pen.

She let off a shiver as if a strange wind had blown all the warmth from her as she stood next to the woman. She looked at her and had gotten a bad vibe, what was this feeling? Why did it leave her feeling as if that warm smile the woman had painted on her lips could kill? She kept her warm bright smile on hoping that this feeling would go away but . . . it didn't. She had to forcefully make her body not move away from the woman. "T-The waffles are pretty good, and the syrups are all delicious, or if you prefer something less sweet the omelets are a good second choice." She said in a friendly and warm tone.
Banriona Ame
Neko Narcotics

Devoted Duck

xxxxxxxxxxUser Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxXX

• Dyani waved off his questions when he asked why people stared, keeping the smile on her lips light. “No, you misunderstand. It’s embarrassing you know, to eat a meal all alone. People start worrying and thinking that I’m weird or alone…it’s easier to avoid when you have company.” She couldn’t care less about what the humans thought about her. She’d rather eat alone for an eternity that have to spend a night in a pub with those sapien fools. She’d had gotten her fill of that in the nineties, barhopping up and down the west coast before she crossed the oceans to see the rest of the world. She’d traveled so much, seen so much strife and pain, that she hated them now. All of them.

When the dark haired girl came out with the menus Dyani’s grin widened and she gratefully took one. Though, the girl seemed bothered by something. Her body language went from at ease to giving off an air of terrified prey, fighting the urge to run. She leafed through the menu while she listened to the girl tell her about the specials, before she decided on what her meal was to be. “I’ll have the waffles with whatever syrup you think is best. I’m not picky.” She lifted up her menu to hand back to the waitress while keeping her eyes trained on Alex. “What about you then?” Absently, she wondered if he would float or sink when he died. Some of them bounced along the river bottom before they finally floated to the top, while others sailed their corpses down the river immediately.

Dyani’s cheerful expression wavered for a moment when her eyes caught movement from the other side of the street. The elderly woman from before had returned and this time she brought with her men carrying weapons. The woman chattered nervously with the men before pointing a wavering finger at Dyani and the men’s gazes focused in on her human form, disbelief on their faces. She figured they knew, just as that woman did, exactly what she was. Perhaps they suspected her of the murders, or perhaps they just wanted to get another Dragon off of the streets. It was an open war after all, just Dyani had never cared much about keeping her identity a secret, and her tongue had given her away.

She popped her lips and gave a sigh of exasperation before tilting her head to look at Alex. “You know, all things considered. I was probably going to keep you as a pet.” As soon as the last syllabyl left her lips an arrow flew a breathe away from her head and slammed into the wall next to her, burrowing deep into the building. Screams broke out all around them, civilians ducking and running for cover while the armed men charged, weapons raised and war crys sounding. Dyani jumped to her feet, shoving her menu into the girls chest and took off running, “I’ll take a raincheck on those waffles!” The men barreled after her, knocking over tables and bumping into Faith and Alex as they passed.

The man fired off another arrow, while a second warrior pulled out more modern weaponry and she felt the air separate as a bullet buzzed past her ear. Dyani’s smile grew into a maniacal grin as the river came into sight. A hundred yards to go, fifty, twenty-five, ten, five yards…SPLASH. She dove headlong into the water, leaving her clothes and bag on the riverbed as her body dissolved into the life giving substance. The men skidded to a halt at the river’s edge, holding their weapons up, prepared to attack at the first sign of movement

Neko Narcotics

Shiverwar

Ninja cafinated_coffee

xxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Ranusha's Senpai

Supreme Combatant

9,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
User Image

When you see the fire in the sky...

...When smoke rises to the heavens...

...That's how you know I'm there.

His food almost gone, as well as his glass of orange juice completely drained, he went back to his rum and coke mix. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was coming up, but he had no idea as to what it was that could happen. All of a sudden, he felt a light bump on his arm. At first, he thought about turning harshly to the person responsible, but as soon as he turned his head, he saw a fairly frail-looking woman. She looked rather young, too... Sighing, he went back to his thoughts, but after a few seconds, he turned back to the young woman. She looked as if she were hiding from someone..."It's none of my business, but the way you're acting, not to mention your body language as a whole, tells me you are troubled." This was extremely unusual... What was up with him today? The boredom must have taken control of his mind.

As he spoke, his eyes wandered down to the book that the woman had. Before she opened it, he noticed the title of it: "Dragonborn." Interesting... quite interesting. Did she study the history of dragons? What was the book about? It left him in a state of questioning... Of course, the reckless dragon opened his mouth before his mind could react. "What are you reading? Looks fairly intriguing." The instant he spoke, he somewhat regretted it. What information could this girl have on dragons, if she had any at all? How could he know whether or not it was a study on dragon-kind? Though he was reserved, he was curious nonetheless.

It was then that Edan heard a commotion coming from outside. It sounded almost like utter mayhem, the way things were going. Turning around, he noticed that there was a group of armed men chasing after a woman... The woman he had passed by on the way here, the one with the watery-blue eyes... Sighing, he rubbed his brow and watched as she ran. "For the love of Bahamut, can't a weary man have a drink in peace without someone trying to kill something? It's World War II all over again.." Did he want to rush out? Yes he did, now that his drink was spoiled... Standing up, he looked at the girl he had made conversation with and nodded. "I'm sorry, but I must go and see what's happening. If we happen to meet again, I hope we can have more of a conversation." He didn't mean that, of course. He wasn't much for talking, but if he was to survive, he had to have a sense of moral decency. With that, he rushed out of the bar, leaving the required payment at the bar under his empty glass, chasing after the men who were running after the woman they were chasing. Perfect, a good drink spoiled by a runaway.

With: Another woman (Elysia), briefly

Thoughts/Mood: That looks mildly interesting.../Angry - Curious

OoC: Edited because quoted. ;w;

User Image

thirsty kitten

Banriona Ame

Dapper Cat

User Image

"Ah." Seemed like something silly to worry about to him. Then again, he didn't really give off an 'hello, please to meet you.' vibe. It was more like a 'get to close and I'll kill you' vibe. Didn't matter though, it made it easier to avoid traps, only dense people or people specifically after him approched him. She seemed the former, with pointless worries and problems.

Turning his gaze to the newcomer, he raised an eyebrow as the waitress seemed a little jerky. While that usually prompted a hostile challenge from him, he wasn't paying for the meal so he let it slide. Weak, the lot of them. Sighing, he listened to his companion's order thoughtfully until he was adressed personally. "Hm. I'll eat whatever you-" He started, but stopped as he noticed her attention was elsewhere. After a moment, she turned her gaze back to him and spoke.

You know that feeling you get when you get hit in the back and turn to find nothing? He was getting that feeling, along with a with an alarming amount of hosility towards the female. As she finished her sentence an arrow, that was artfully dodged, sailed before her face and embedded tiself in a wall. His expression at that point was blank. Didn't matter, things were about to get interesting. Bolting the girl took off a large amount of men following though, two stopped and as he stood up and pinned him to the wall. The man opened, his mouth to speak, but instead staggered back and fell to the ground as Argyros snapped his fist to the left. Clean hook, probably broke the poor man's chin. Stepping forward, he slid his foot under his bag and kicked it up, snatching it out of the air as the second fired at him, the bullets hitting the bag with a sharp metal on metal screech. Swinging the bag up, he knocked the weapon out of the other's hand and jabbed him in the throat before turning after the group.

Stupidly, the men followed her down and into the river. At that point it his suspicions of the situation was without a doubt cured and he was readying himself for something special. You'd think at the very least they'd have the sense to pay attention to their surroundings. Swinging the weapon like a bat, the blunt side of the weapon struck the first and sent him sailing into the others and with a formidable indifference to the situation, he kicked the group into the river. "Get out of my way."

While the water and the chance of being eaten held their attention he took the time to dig into his bag before coming out with eight small spheres which he promptly tossed into the river. When it came to dragons, it was best to go big or go home. Especially when you weren't working on a team. With that in mind, he covered his ears as explosions blew the water into the air. One might think him to be lacking a conscience, but what good was that in a war?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas