Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
MeMyselfAndEye
I considered that and I'm fairly certain that's how zOMG got some/ a lot of the money for its legs, but who in their right mind would touch them after that and their track record of abandoning projects to back them for HoC?

But no arguments here as far as where the money is coming from now; the air of this marketing stinks of angry investors trying to get their money's worth.
Given that at the time they were lead by someone with a great deal of experience in creating profitable mobile games, I can see why investors might feel comfortable investing in development of something like HoC.

Then again, I'm not an investor type so I wouldn't know their reasoning xd

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
MeMyselfAndEye
As another user stated, it wasn't all of Gaia's fault. The previous CEO made those poor business decisions that ultimately ruined any sort of profitability from those games. Not the current CEO.

Also, for all the requests for the proof of the "Gaia Rep", you have yet to post evidence. Maybe you don't have the evidence, and are trying to start a riot? I would hope not, since you seem so hellbent on proving people wrong.

Divine Muse

Mage The Red
MeMyselfAndEye
As another user stated, it wasn't all of Gaia's fault. The previous CEO made those poor business decisions that ultimately ruined any sort of profitability from those games. Not the current CEO.

Also, for all the requests for the proof of the "Gaia Rep", you have yet to post evidence. Maybe you don't have the evidence, and are trying to start a riot? I would hope not, since you seem so hellbent on proving people wrong.

Tell us more about hellbent as you post in all these threads to lecture people on how they should feel and boast about how much better you are for not giving a damn.

The amount of times I've seen you dictate is psychologically interesting.

Chatty Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
you should read the reviews the former employees left about this company. Apparently they like to laugh at our concerns around the office.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

The Traveling Man
you should read the reviews the former employees left about this company. Apparently they like to laugh at our concerns around the office.

Please say you're not using Glassdoor as evidence.

Chatty Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Toppaware
The Traveling Man

please say you are not trying to blow something off as if it isn't true. Get out of the admins a**.

Tipsy Kitten

I understand that gaia needs money to run this site, and it probably got more expensive then they intended it to... But come on. This isn't a way to use it's users.

It would be one thing if they were pushing these sales on us and updating zOMG, but they aren't.
It would be another if they pushed their sales on us and updated towns, or gave us more gold shop items, but they aren't.

The evidence is there.
And if they want to argue that the people making those things need to be paid, well then maybe they should stick to volunteerism. If I knew how to program or could do good art in photoshop, I would do it on my spare time, sure.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

The Traveling Man
Toppaware
The Traveling Man

please say you are not trying to blow something off as if it isn't true. Get out of the admins a**.

I'm not even defeding Gaia here, so don't make it seem that I am. The only reason why I don't beleive anything I see on Glassdoor becuase it's way too easy for anyone to write a review there. They don't even ask you to make an account or anything. All you have to so is click "add review" and that's it.

Don't say I believe the good reviews either. They can be from people trying to kiss Gaia's a**, and the bad reviews can be from highly upset people trying to put Gaia in a bad light. (Like if they haven't done so themselves already.)

Enduring Gaian

Toppaware
The Traveling Man
Toppaware
The Traveling Man

I'm not even defeding Gaia here, so don't make it seem that I am. The only reason why I don't beleive anything I see on Glassdoor becuase it's way too easy for anyone to write a review there. They don't even ask you to make an account or anything. All you have to so is click "add review" and that's it.

Don't say I believe the good reviews either. They can be from people trying to kiss Gaia's a**, and the bad reviews can be from highly upset people trying to put Gaia in a bad light. (Like if they haven't done so themselves already.)

Glassdoor and BBC are useless. But there have been upset employees of Gaia that have posted their beliefs, either in journals or in the forums. Some of which have been deleted, but some which have not. For example:

L0cke
Gaia has a new direction now, and sadly I will not be included in that adventure.

Source

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
My bitching here has to do with the laying off of Devs before they had a chance to do any upgrades/changes to whatever they were doing. As in not being allowed to finish what they were doing. As in abandoning one project to go with another only to abandon that too in favor for...

THAT was a HUGE bad business decision. It costed the site a lot in so many ways (not all of it monetary)

I have other complaints. None of that is gonna keep me from... what am I being accused of? "sucking up to the Staff"?

As for this 'adventure', I was not expecting Gaia to be invaded by Las Vegas.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Mage The Red
MeMyselfAndEye

Um, MeMyselfAndEye isn't the one who said they have evidence of the "Gaia Rep", the OP (Doctorate Pepper) is. Don't accuse the wrong person.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Mage The Red
Three, I'm not defending Gaia of their actions. I'm merely telling it how it is. If Gaia bothers you, or upsets you, Tumblr might be better for you, anyway. I hear they kiss a** to anyone's feelings over there. lol

Funny you should say Tumblr kisses a** for anyone's feelings because the last time I was there I saw Tumblr bend its TOS to accommodate the ******** up actions of users against other users.... things like stalking, sending threats, etc.

Anyway, people have the right to challenge things rather than leave the frying pan for the flames. I like Gaia and won't leave it, but I will not allow myself to be pushed around. neutral

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Mage The Red
Doctorate Pepper
All those letters you purchased over the years wasn't enough to keep Gaia out of the red. zOMG!, HOC, and many other features still costed money to make. Hosting this site and paying employees still requires money. Hell, making new features requires money. Just because you disagree with their current business tactics doesn't make this any less of a fact.
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

You know what? That's cool. If they needed to spam all aspects of the site with ads to sell their Cash Shop items to make money to give us new features that they've promised us, that's totally acceptable.

But... we've been having daily sales with up to 10 or 15 announcements SOLELY revolving around Cash aspects of the site for months now. Where are those features?

Gaia's response: Features must be able to make back the money that goes into making them! We can't justify projects like Guild updates because we don't know how to monetize them.

Oh okay, so what's the money we're spending on items going towards?

Gaia's response: It goes towards new features for the site!

But... we can't get new features unless those features pay for themselves...

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Cupcakesu

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Features take time to create, also Gaia hired back several artists that were laid off in the past, hired a few new artists, a dev, and a staff member.

So the money is going to the site and the company.
confused

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas