Welcome to Gaia! ::

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Twisted Lady
They mentioned back in 2008 that it cost $25 million a year to run the site, and that number's probably only gone up over the past six years. It'd be foolish to depend entirely on cash shop sales alone with no other means of income.

User Image

This. Especially since a significant number of people are boycotting Gaia.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
CarumSarene
You people already scam us into buying worthless crap, you don't need the extra money to put ads on your site. I have every single pop-up blocker available put into my damn browser and the ads still get through. It's ******** ridiculous. Get rid of them! emotion_omnomnom

I would like you to take a moment to consider how much the constant CS announcements annoy you. And then consider just how many more of them we'd get if Gaia didn't have ads.The ads are indeed necessary and I could only see the CS spam getting worse if we didn't have the ads. I'd rather not have the CS spam get worse.

Also, nearly all websites have ads. The only ones I've never seen have ads are small ones that maybe only a few hundred people frequent and it's basically a small hangout or hobby site. Not something like Gaia which is considerably bigger.

Edit: Tumblr does indeed have ads now. I keep seeing Olay post the same damn thing again and again on my dashboard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff